Gaming Fallout 4

Leg-End

The next gen update is out.
But not currently if you have the PS+ version.

I have the GOTY edition disc somewhere, but I'm lazy now, I can't be bothered to re-play this if I have to revert to disc.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The next gen update is out.
I wouldn’t even go back it if they gave us a free next gen remake. Trash game and among the most disappointing gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

Nickosaur

I can't wait to dive back in. The show has made me fall in love with the franchise again.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Already got the platinum for it and replayed it numerous times. More interested in going back to New Vegas

Simbo

Just started playin it for first time. Open world type games normally bore me nowadays and this really tested my patience at the beginning, really enjoying it now though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Looks like I’m stuck with both the ps4 and PS5 on my hard drive until Sony come up with a fix.

If I delete the ps4 version it just reinstalls it as soon as the console is turned back on/disc inserted.

Bebe

Already got the platinum for it and replayed it numerous times. More interested in going back to New Vegas
The recent Fallout hype has me thinking that tonight's project after work will be modding New Vegas with whatever essentials exist today and hopefully starting. I've played about a third of it on a couple occasions but never finished.

gormless

The recent Fallout hype has me thinking that tonight's project after work will be modding New Vegas with whatever essentials exist today and hopefully starting. I've played about a third of it on a couple occasions but never finished.
Google Viva New Vegas.
Planning on doing the same and that seems to be the way to go

Kaos

So it turns out the 'next gen update' for Fallout 4 updated very little (on PC that is), and mostly proceeded to break various mods. Feckin Bethesda :lol:

A long shot, but I hope Microsoft is spurned on by the success of the show, and takes the IP away from Bethesda and commissions another one of their studios to work on Fallout 5. It needs to be kept away from clowns like Todd Howard and Emil Pagliarulo, and for the love of the Brotherhood get it away from their janky ass prehistoric engine. Heck they own Obsidian too, just give the task to them with a generous budget and all the time they need considering they made the best modern fallout game. Maybe try to get Chris Avellone back on it as well.

I just want a modern Fallout game without the awful Bethesda writing, game design and performance jank.

Bebe

Google Viva New Vegas.
Planning on doing the same and that seems to be the way to go
Cheers, this seems to have a very easy to follow modding guide. Got about half of it done without issue last night and will hopefully have it running by this evening.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm so pissed off that they brought this piece of shit out and ruined the release of the Fallout London mod which I was genuinely really excited for.

Kaos

I'm so pissed off that they brought this piece of shit out and ruined the release of the Fallout London mod which I was genuinely really excited for.
Yeah it's pissed me off too. Honestly the sooner Microsoft pull the IP from them the better, let Bethesda focus on making new Elder Scrolls Action RPGs on their 1999 proprietary dumpster fire engine instead for all I care. Heck let Todd Howard pretend he's a valued producer on the TV shows to keep him busy and feeling relevant. Let Obsidian have a proper crack at the game franchise, preferably on the Unreal 5 engine too.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah it's pissed me off too. Honestly the sooner Microsoft pull the IP from them the better, let Bethesda focus on making new Elder Scrolls Action RPGs on their 1999 proprietary dumpster fire engine instead for all I care. Heck let Todd Howard pretend he's a valued producer on the TV shows to keep him busy and feeling relevant. Let Obsidian have a proper crack at the game franchise, preferably on the Unreal 5 engine too.
Another Obsidian game but without that shit Bethesda engine, and plenty of time to develop it, would be absolutely amazing.

Kaos

Another Obsidian game but without that shit Bethesda engine, and plenty of time to develop it, would be absolutely amazing.
It just makes too much sense. But Todd Howard probably didn't like how Bethesda were made to look like clowns by Obsidian who made a superior Fallout game in the space of 18 months, despite being forced to use their abomination of an engine, so its unlikely he'd give them another go. And unfortunately it seems that Phil Spencer has made it clear that Microsoft won't interfere in their gaming subsidiaries, so chances of them actually intervening to commission Obsidian to work on it are quite low.

Only thing I can hope for is people stop buying into Bethesda's garbage and let them take a hit, 76 and Starfield should have been reasons enough to dignify that.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It just makes too much sense. But Todd Howard probably didn't like how Bethesda were made to look like clowns by Obsidian who made a superior Fallout game in the space of 18 months, despite being forced to use their abomination of an engine, so its unlikely he'd give them another go. And unfortunately it seems that Phil Spencer has made it clear that Microsoft won't interfere in their gaming subsidiaries, so chances of them actually intervening to commission Obsidian to work on it are quite low.

Only thing I can hope for is people stop buying into Bethesda's garbage and let them take a hit, 76 and Starfield should have been reasons enough to dignify that.
Nah, sorry. I can't let this slander of Todd Howard continue. By all accounts, from multiple sources who have worked for him, Todd Howard is a genuinely good cnut. Even with the money and fame he's built up in recent years he's still the same guy.

Not directed at you in particular, but anyone who doubts what I'm saying should check out what former employees at Bethesda say about him. Until then please enjoy this photo of Elon Musk where Todd is standing behind him wondering why that dickhead has crashed their party.

Kaos

Nah, sorry. I can't let this slander of Todd Howard continue. By all accounts, from multiple sources who have worked for him, Todd Howard is a genuinely good cnut. Even with the money and fame he's built up in recent years he's still the same guy.

Not directed at you in particular, but anyone who doubts what I'm saying should check out what former employees at Bethesda say about him. Until then please enjoy this photo of Elon Musk where Todd is standing behind him wondering why that dickhead has crashed their party.

Oh I know he's a good guy, and I have him to thank for some of my fondest memories with earlier ES games, as well as reviving the Fallout franchise. But I just think he should be kept away from the being an exec producer now, let him enjoy being a TV producer as well as the general face of the studio. He's essentially my Ole within the game industry.

quadrant

I had a stab at this. Seemed kind of fun, standard Bethesda style with a nice open world map to look at and lots of loot. But the combat is awful, so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get past that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It's a great update, on PC at least. Introduces new bugs and stops most of your mods from working. 10/10.
:lol:

Played a couple of hours of this last night and got a nice dose of nostalgia.
Personally, and I know numerous fans have their fairshare of issues with this 4th installment, I generally enjoy it.
Sure the combat is abit pants and there's areas where the game showcases all sorts of humorous and irritable glitches ( I didn't encounter any last night) but the sense of freedom and exploration is just brilliant. Even in my short playthrough , I still managed to stumble upon this underground area that I hadn't even noticed in my previous playthrough.

Must say, the game looks visually good too.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Was hoping for a proper PS5 update, it’s very underwhelming in terms of the actual updates that were made.

Wing Attack Plan R

Feels like there is zero aim assist and hence I need to 'git gud' as I'm wasting about 30 rounds per mole rat at the moment
Use Puncturing Sledgehammer and Power Fist. Those are not only for sex, by the way.

I got the Tesla gun but can't remember where the hell I put it. I wish there was a way to see what things existed at the various outposts and settlements that you've placed there.

Kaos

Jesus really? The gunplay is not good in FO4.

I haven't played NV and tried F03 last year but the mechanics were horrific and it seems like it's aged terribly.
Strongest, but still pretty naff. Its just marginally better than the previous Fallout games. Where its vastly inferior to New Vegas is the writing and world building.

Precaution

It's a great update, on PC at least. Introduces new bugs and stops most of your mods from working. 10/10.
Introduced a nice graphics update/glitch when attempting to clear out Sunshine Tidings, you can't look sideways / forwards and barely backwards, in a world with pixelated graphics has ruled over all, the bombs really hit hard in this part of the map I guess.