Gaming Fallout 4

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@Vault Dweller I read it here: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/05/30/bethesda-announces-fallout-76

Obviously he hasn't got any details on it yet but he's a very good games journalist so i assume he knows something. Obviously it's very early days and we don't know anything really, but i would be disappointed if it was online only.
Thanks @BusbyMalone appreciate the link.

Yea I’ll be disappointed if it’s only online, love Fallout so much and will be gutted if it’s not a new instalment rather than just online.

Nickosaur

If it's an online game I'll be really disappointed.

So excited about the thought of a new Fallout instalment though.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Reading rumours that it's an online game. Really hope not.
Like an equivalent of Elder Scrolls Online?
Thanks @BusbyMalone appreciate the link.

Yea I’ll be disappointed if it’s only online, love Fallout so much and will be gutted if it’s not a new instalment rather than just online.
If it's an online game I'll be really disappointed.

So excited about the thought of a new Fallout instalment though.
:drool: Please be true (with VR too).

If it's online like ESO I'm day one. ESO is one of the best MMO's I've played and can be played for months on end solo if it's a single player experience that you prefer. You can just ignore the other players you come across if you want to.

afrocentricity

Loved the concept of base building when I saw the trailer for F4 but I hated it when I played it.
It was janky as fcuk. But then that's Bethesda isn't it. Good fun but loads of jank...

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
More merch to bankrupt me I guess :lol:

Vault 76 is an interesting name though, makes me feel that it's going to be a different concept.
Have to wait until E3 though I guess

Code-CX

I hope it’s nothing like Fallout 4. That game really tested my patience.

afrocentricity

:drool:

Anyway, what I was alluding to earlier is that this is Bethesda. They will make the game so that it doesn't force you to play with others (as they did with ESO, a full MMO). Don't get your knickers in a twist over it just wait for E3. Personally I'm very intrigued...

What you reckon @Brocky?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
:drool: Please be true (with VR too).

If it's online like ESO I'm day one. ESO is one of the best MMO's I've played and can be played for months on end solo if it's a single player experience that you prefer. You can just ignore the other players you come across if you want to.
I suppose it's how they implement it at the end of the day. There's so little info that i'm not going to jump to conclusions. But the initial reaction i had to the online news isn't good. Just not my type of thing.

afrocentricity

Surely if it was a MMO, Bethesda would have their MMO team working on it and their logo would be in the trailer.
Who knows?

Full MMO? MMO lite like Destiny? Or even Borderlands? Just give it to me...
I suppose it's how they implement it at the end of the day. There's so little info that i'm not going to jump to conclusions. But the initial reaction i had to the online news isn't good. Just not my type of thing.
I hear ya. I can relate... I love my single player games too. So soon after F4 tho? I don't mind them trying something different, and I kinda expected something multiplayer/coop.

Still, that journo might be talking out of his arse for all we know.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Who knows?

Full MMO? MMO lite like Destiny? Or even Borderlands? Just give it to me...

I hear ya. I can relate... I love my single player games too. So soon after F4 tho? I don't mind them trying something different, and I kinda expected something multiplayer/coop.

Still, that journo might be talking out of his arse for all we know.
Well it's been 3 years hasn't it? So a decent amount of time has passed. New Vegas came out two years after Fallout 3 so i wouldn't be surprised of they done something like that.

And yeah, it may not even be online at all. Although as i said, that journalist is pretty good tbf. But at the end of the day they are just rumours so we shall see. E3 is around the corner so more will be revealed there.

Nickosaur

The more I think about it, the more I don't want anything to do with online. I would have preferred a FO3 remaster.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If it's better and has a fun purpose I'm all for it. I liked adding stuff to my home in Megaton in Fallout 3 but all the mechanics and the constant attacks on settlements in 4 made me lsoe interest so fast.

Bojan11

The more I think about it, the more I don't want anything to do with online. I would have preferred a FO3 remaster.
A Fallout 3 remaster would have been a waste of time.

I rather they just release something new rather than a remaster of a old game. Would be pointless.

If I had a chance for a remaster or something new then I’d pick new option every time. There are some games where a remaster makes sense, but this isn’t one of them.

Anyway besides if you wanna play Fallout 3 remastered so bad then just play Fallout 4. As they both practically the same game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Loved the concept of base building when I saw the trailer for F4 but I hated it when I played it.
I spent about 3 minutes building a base and then got really really fecking bored. It still made up about 60% of my overall enjoyment of the entire game though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Interested to see if they use the same stagey with this game as they did with Fallout 4. Basically reveal it at E3 with a big info dump, then release it 6 months later.

Really liked that strategy.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I spent about 3 minutes building a base and then got really really fecking bored. It still made up about 60% of my overall enjoyment of the entire game though.
I've spent a silly amount of time making walls of turrets and spawning raiders/deathclaws nearby

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I remember the building being shown and was blown away by it :lol:
Ultimately though, it was really pointless. It would have had a purpose if friends could log into your settlement and try and attack it, just for a bit of fun, but yeah it was pointless really

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I prefer that type of thing where you have multiple bases in different areas of the map and you can upgrade parts of it and make it look better and unlock more rooms and such. Have an armory, shit like that.

afrocentricity

Never really got in to the whole survival dayz thing.... Under. Whelmed.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Was hoping the next game they announced would be a new elder Scrolls. It's been 7 years since Skyrim. Seems strange if it misses this entire generation of consoles considering how well it sold