Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

Alabaster Codify7

Sheep, the lot of them. Neutered, sterilised eunuchs who will happily let the house burn down around them rather than be called a fake fan.

Man United 2020 - Sleepwalking to the Bolt-Gun.

3KDré

Protesting against what? The Glazers have spent £486m net in the last 5 years, 2nd only to City's £602m. Liverpool have spent £107m (source transfermrkt)

The problem isnt the investment its the succession of crap managers and coaching staff
Which is also their responsibility.

The Irish Connection

On a serious note, it didn't help the cause when they stupidly organised it for the 58th minute. Even though they changed the time, the walkout was doomed because in the eyes of most it was a sign of disrespect.
Yep. The timing was just off for this to happen today, the club used the late transfer announcements well.
Hopefully the chants at least keep going.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I like how Manchester-based fans tell the foreigners to 'buy a ticket, then' as if this was the most straightforward thing to do. Just because they were fortunate enough to be born in close proximity to the stadium. For most people on here, judging by my own experience, a travel to Manchester takes a month's salary and asking the boss for a couple of free days (if they're lucky enough to sort out the tickets that is). Let alone all the aggro with renting acommodation, booking flights and so on. Arrogant and a bit of a braindead argument.

However, calling people names like 'pussy' etc right left centre isn't right.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
No issue getting behind the walkout and protest but don't give the match going fans grief when you've never set foot in the fecking stadium in your life before.
This really the only correct answer. It doesn't matter what someone would do if the could attend. It only matters what you can do. If you are not shelling out the cash or time to go to the stadium you have no right to criticize those who do. It's selfish and unfair. This coming from a non-match goer.

TrustInOle

People moaning that fans who have to budget and make savings just to afford to go to see United, arn't sacrficing their hard earn't bought tickets to justify being a 'real' fan to all the arm chair fans out their that use illegally streamed sites and apps. People need to realise we live in the real world, and its easy to ask people to sacrifice whay they have worked hard to get, when they themselves don't contribute to the club in any shape what so ever. Laughable and stinks of preaching.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Was never gonna happen, especially at 0-0.
They should go in 5 minutes after kick off as that would send a message and I think would be easier to pull off.

Red00012

I was at the game I would guess 100-150 walked out.

No doubt what happened during the week didn’t help.

As for the muppets on here giving out in front of your computers about match goers not walking out why don’t you buy a match ticket and walk out ?

passing-wind

We signed Bruno so it eases the fans discontent about the perspective of the Glazers. That's why it was always an emotive decision. That's the difference between passion and emotion, the passion remains irrespective of the circumstances, emotions are always liable to change.

I don't think fans deserved to be judged for staying or walking out of games it's their own decision, but don't support the Glazers with your attendances then moan about the treatment of the club when your contributing to their wealth. Imagine a club of our size with minimal seats occupied throughout a season, it will 100% have a negative influence on the owners / sponsor and if you want to damage the Glazers, start dismantling the commercial sustainability and see if you don't get a reaction.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I mean you've got to be quite passive to what's going on if you're still paying good money to go to OT for minimal entertainment.

TheReligion

Abusive
I like how Manchester-based fans tell the foreigners to 'buy a ticket, then' as if this was the most straightforward thing to do. Just because they were fortunate enough to be born in close proximity to the stadium. For most people on here, judging by my own experience, a travel to Manchester takes a month's salary and asking the boss for a couple of free days (if they're lucky enough to sort out the tickets that is). Let alone all the aggro with renting acommodation, booking flights and so on. Arrogant and a bit of a braindead argument.

However, calling people names like 'pussy' etc right left centre isn't right.
People moaning that fans who have to budget and make savings just to afford to go to see United, arn't sacrficing their hard earn't bought tickets to justify being a 'real' fan to all the arm chair fans out their that use illegally streamed sites and apps. People need to realise we live in the real world, and its easy to ask people to sacrifice whay they have worked hard to get, when they themselves don't contribute to the club in any shape what so ever. Laughable and stinks of preaching.
Nah my issue is with non match going fans giving match goers abuse when have no leg to stand on. Have an opinion, sure, but don't give them shit when you don't go yourself or understand what it takes.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I like how Manchester-based fans tell the foreigners to 'buy a ticket, then' as if this was the most straightforward thing to do. Just because they were fortunate enough to be born in close proximity to the stadium. For most people on here a travel to Manchester takes a month's salary and asking the boss for a couple of free days (if they're lucky enough to sort out the tickets that is). Let alone all the aggro with renting acommodation, booking flights and so on. Arrogant and a bit of a braindead argument.
I get you but It's really not arrogant or braindead. It's the reality of the situation. They regularly attend matches and you don't. Some attend with family and friends and have been doing so for a while and it is a matter of tradition. To expect them to do something you cannot is selfish, especially when it is something that look forward to regularly. For fans in Manchester, I would guess the attending matches it's more than just results or winning, it's a way of life.

Utdstar01

Fans need to wake up and act now. Players are not the only issue here.

Tomuś

Nah my issue is with non match going fans giving match goers abuse when have no leg to stand on. Have an opinion, sure, but don't give them shit when you don't go yourself or understand what it takes.
I'm happy enough to be able to attend one or two games a season. Which is still more than a lot of true fans can I assume. And the next time I'm at the game I sure won't be signing 'Ole' chant, which is the bare minimum that should be required at this time I reckon. No need to call the regular match-going fans 'pussies' just because they don't bollock Ole from the stands - that's the difference. Nor do I have any problems with the match-goers not protesting tonight.

montpelier

The non match goers can shut the feck up on this one. Those that have actually rather than theoretically paid the money get to choose.

Tomuś

I get you but It's really not arrogant or braindead. It's the reality of the situation. They regularly attend matches and you don't. Some attend with family and friends and have been doing so for a while and it is a matter of tradition. To expect them to do something you cannot is selfish, especially when it is something that look forward to regularly. For fans in Manchester, I would guess the attending matches it's more than just results or winning, it's a way of life.
Expecting a die-hard fan who's just come to OT from the other end of the world to walk out during the game is even more stupid. There's a difference between that and happily signing Ole songs, though.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Expecting a die-hard fan who's just come to OT from the other end of the world to walk out during the game is even more stupid. There's a difference between that and happily signing Ole songs, though.
Nobody is expecting them to walk out. Just don't expect a season ticket holder or a regular attender to walk out either when you are in no position to do so. It's really simple.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Wouldn't have noticed the walkout if it wasn't mentioned by the commentators.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I made the decision not to go today.

This club has become a joke and our fans are fighting amongst themselves when we should be trying to unite and find a way to put pressure on Woodward and the board more effectively.

Some fans have given up trying and some feel that any form of protest is pointless, but I genuinely do believe that we as fans can make ourselves heard much better than this.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
MUST have done some good work for us in the past, especially with away allocations etc.. but they’re in dreamland if they think they can topple the Glazers.

The feckers are here to stay until someone puts a couple of billion on the table.
I agree with this.
Though it will take more than a couple of billion. Probably double that.
I think the walkout is more an indication of dissatisfaction. Let the powers that be know that the fans are unhappy with the situation.
It's similar to when fans were singing anti Woodward chants in previous matches.

Reiver

I get to Old Trafford maybe six times a year. There is no way I'm travelling all that way just to walk out. And believe me I've been tempted, especially in the post SAF period, once or twice when he was still manager.
But trips to Old Trafford are some of the high points of my year. I have to plan the trips well in advance and now I take my boy as well. I've been bitterly disappointed by performances and results but, especially now I take my son, they are days I look forward to and treasure.
I won't criticise any match going fan for getting behind the team and certainly not for not getting up and walking out. The criticism levelled at the match going fans by othets is ridiculous. Buy yourself a ticket and walk out if you want. Otherwise shut up.

Tomuś

Nobody is expecting them to walk out. Just don't expect a season ticket holder or a regular attender to walk out either when you are in no position to do so. It's really simple.
I've stressed myself a few times I'm against walking out or expecting anyone to do so.

pascell

The boycott Arsenal fans did sure worked out for them. They got rid of Wenger and look where they are now.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

CallyRed

I boycotted watching the game on tv. Stick that up ya Woodward

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I made the decision not to go today.

This club has become a joke and our fans are fighting amongst themselves when we should be trying to unite and find a way to put pressure on Woodward and the board more effectively.

Some fans have given up trying and some feel that any form of protest is pointless, but I genuinely do believe that we as fans can make ourselves heard much better than this.
Please stop the disrespect. Kobe like just died. This isn't the time for protest.

alexthelion

That's why if I was about to walk out it would be because of Ole first and foremost. Glazers and Woodward do not spend the whole week with the players, nor do they pick the team.
No, they just supply Ole with the players to pick from.

What a great choice, Perreira/Lingard/Mata, James who appears to have hit a wall or an raw 18 year old.

Add to that Rashford, McTom and Pogba injured and Matic banned for today, who else is there?

jem

This really the only correct answer. It doesn't matter what someone would do if the could attend. It only matters what you can do. If you are not shelling out the cash or time to go to the stadium you have no right to criticize those who do. It's selfish and unfair. This coming from a non-match goer.
I agree. I wish there were a way to really show the Glazers, but I've never been to Old Trafford, so I'm hardly about to start making demands of those who go regularly.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The boycott Arsenal fans did sure worked out for them. They got rid of Wenger and look where they are now.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Well, it depends on what the protest is about. If there is unison about why there's protest, it can be effective. If Ole wasn't Ole, but a George or a Steve overseeing the exact same thing, protesting just to get rid of a manager would be pointless. If sustained protests are to force the club to get rid of the decision-makers and hire professionals, it can be effective. If it's to try to force a change of ownership, it's not going to happen that way. It's hard to imagine anything can really force out the Glazers, but I guess targeting all their businesses persistently in campaigns of millions, it could start turning the wheels.

In terms of the football operators at the club, I can't imagine any other side of grass not being quite a lot greener.

RUCK4444

That's why if I was about to walk out it would be because of Ole first and foremost. Glazers and Woodward do not spend the whole week with the players, nor do they pick the team.
Jeez give it a rest. He just won for the second time at the Etihad in one season, not many will do the same.

I honestly can’t fathom why people think we are playing worse than under Mourinho, especially considering the much needed clear out and rebuild Ole has had the balls to do, injuries and amount of youngsters in the squad.

Take a look what Mourinho is doing at Spurs now with a more experienced and talented squad. Poch lost the dressing room of the same squad and was in free fall.

I know Mourinho isn’t the only comparison to make I’m just using him as a comparison as he was our last manager and supposedly one of the best in the world. Poch is the fans next chosen one.

The Grass isn’t always greener and people are too naive and impatient to see exactly where we are as a club and that a very young side with multiple new arrivals will not instantly play like prime Barca ffs.