Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

MiracleInMadrid

He's an idiot if he believes this though as the landscape's changed compared to the last 30 years. More clubs now have access to a lot more money, and have more say over keeping their top players. If anything, traditional big clubs can become irrelevant far quicker than before.
To be fair, we have been in rather steep decline since 2012, and we are still at the very top financially.

Whiteside '85

That’s no massive rant. I want my 10 seconds back.
Yeah, it was a massive rant about Cantona in FA cup final 96 and my scouse mates taking the absolute piss until that volley. How they thought then, and we all know they still think they are the rightful champions in some spiritual sense despite the last 30 years. How we'll not be waiting 23 more years and it went on a bit too much.
So then I thought better not cos I might make an absolute tit of myself. But then I made an absolute tit of myself anyway cos I forgot to delete the massive rant title bit. Then did it again with this rant. Everything hurts a bit at the minute. Ah well
Hopefully we beat Tranmere

Flexdegea

To be fair, we have been in rather steep decline since 2012, and we are still at the very top financially.

Doesnt feed into the hyperbole dooms day scenario engulfing us at the moment based on the pitch results not going our way.........we are mid table mediocrity now and all the kids don't support us apparently

Whiteside '85

Yeah, it was a massive rant about Cantona in FA cup final 96 and my scouse mates taking the absolute piss until that volley. How they thought then, and we all know they still think they are the rightful champions in some spiritual sense despite the last 30 years. How we'll not be waiting 23 more years and it went on a bit too much.
So then I thought better not cos I might make an absolute tit of myself. But then I made an absolute tit of myself anyway cos I forgot to delete the massive rant title bit. Then did it again with this rant. Everything hurts a bit at the minute. Ah well
And that's about another 45 seconds you'll never get back

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Cheer the feck up. No movement needs negativity like that. If majority of fans think like this, we're never getting anywhere.

Simply just do what you can, from where you are. Doesn't hurt. If it fails, so what? We've got nothing to lose and a lot to win.
Think like me? What, you mean sarcastically and intentionally over the top?

Devil81

The ticket is bought, the Glazers won't care one bit just as long as the money is in the till.

R'hllor

Maybe 58 is related to amount Sporting demand for Bruno.

Edit: Didnt Liverpool fans had walk out when owners tried to pull ticket price or what ever, so not sure what them already paid for tickets has to do with the point of their walkout.

Giggsy13

How long do you think that could last with city and Liverpool having more success? They’ve already closed the gap and are projected to potentially pass us next year.

HJ12

That massive tv deal only kicked in recently though, so the effects of it are becoming more pronounced now. We see it in the way the traditional top clubs can no longer cherry pick the best talent at will from other premier league clubs. The so-called smaller clubs have more of a chance to bridge that gap than before (excluding the gap to the sugar daddy clubs obviously). Liverpool in that barren 30 year league spell referred to in the tweet, still went on to win some major trophies to remain relevant, so we would need to do the same if we want to keep our commercial standing where it is. No doubt we will win trophies, but my point is I find it hard to believe that Ed would think that we can isolate the effects of the on-field performance from the commercial aspect of the club for a period of 30 years of non-performance. Unlikely he's as dumb as being made out.
Not that we'll wait that long to win anyway! (fingers crossed)

Giggsyking

should be at the 4th minute, the number of years Ole wanting for his rebuild.

Giggsyking

This I read on Twitter "This is a reference to Manchester United’s previous home game against Burnley. The meeting ended with a 2-0 victory for the guests. The first win for Burnley at Old Trafford in 58 years. "

Last edited:

HJ12

This I read on the Twitter "This is a reference to Manchester United’s previous home game against Burnley. The meeting ended with a 2-0 victory for the guests. The first win for Burnley at Old Trafford in 58 years. "
Seems random, although I suppose you need a starting point.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Again, make sure there's a goal/end game with any protest.

What's the aim?

If the aim is to put pressure on the club to spend money, then fair enough...

If the aim is to change ownership/get rid of Woodward then make sure you are ready for a war. Get PR savvy, get clued up reds involved, get off Twitter to an extent and engage with match going fans. But even the who buys the club or takes over as CEO?

Set expectations too low and people are underwhelmed, set them too high and you run the risk of wasting potential momentum
Side note - Walking out on the 58th minute on the game closest to Munich is a PR own goal. Who’s organising this?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Remember Pool doing this a few years ago? They actually managed to empty the ground it was well planned. They were 2-0 up to Sunderland and ended up drawing 2-2. Klopp was fuming.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
And so you’re problem with a fan walkout is what exactly? Let’s take the Munich thing out of it for a minute.
Let’s take one of the most significant and the saddest moment in the clubs history out of it for a minute?

In addition...
As I said above, this could turn into a war with the club. They’ll use anything to discredit the protest movement. This is an open goal.

Walkout on 15 minutes. Or better still don’t go in it all..:

Castia

Should have kept it simple and just walked out on the hour mark.

MiracleInMadrid

How long do you think that could last with city and Liverpool having more success? They’ve already closed the gap and are projected to potentially pass us next year.
I know. I just tried to play devil's advocate. As HJ12 already has stated, the market is completely different today. There is a lot more money in the game and more sources from which they come from.
But based on the last 8 years, Ed has managed to keep the ship sailing while other clubs have come closer. So based on United isolated, he is not totally off the marks with thinking like that. But taken all conditions into account, it probably is dangerous to be so relaxed about it. It also indicates why he is the wrong man to overlook all sporting decisions. He should worry more about us decline on the field than the effect it has financially.

edcunited1878

Check this out.
Yeah, that's not true anymore and it's evident we're seeing that by the wage cutting of Sanchez, Smalling, Lukaku, and Young. Non-CL revenue cuts into your cash flow and ability to hand out and sustain those big wages. There are performance clauses (e.g. adidas). That's a bunch of BS.

With TV revenue increases, there is more parity and teams can afford to hold out for mega transfers (e.g. Leicester & Maguire). Matchday revenue is capped by your stadium's capacity, at currently no plans to expand OT.

The amount invested into the squad really hasn't been an issue....it's always been the quality and frequency of investment. It's been a rudderless ship for far too long and zero continuity year over year over year.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You’re improving. I’ll keep an eye on you.

hobbers

The ticket is bought, the Glazers won't care one bit just as long as the money is in the till.
Ed will care though, because an empty stadium hurts the ability to attract and retain sponsors.

And sponsorship deals are literally his life blood.

edcunited1878

Ed will care though, because an empty stadium hurts the ability to attract and retain sponsors.

People will still show up to matches. Even 60K is a lot. Global brands aren't sponsoring within and limited to match going fans. That's not how it works. Football is a global game and each brand leverages different parts of United for their benefit.

DON’T PANIC ™

A sit in after the match with fans refusing to leave would also work. Likely to have more support as fans who don’t want to miss a game they have paid for can still make a stand.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
A sit in after the match with fans refusing to leave would also work. Likely to have more support as fans who don’t want to miss a game they have paid for can still make a stand.
Or if about 200 fans jump onto the pitch then I'm sure they can't arrest us all.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

You realise Woodward doesn’t sort our sponsor deals, right? All our commercial partnerships, the noodle deals, wines etc etc. that people love to mock him for, are overseen by Richard Arnold.

macheda14

You realise Woodward doesn’t sort our sponsor deals, right? All our commercial partnerships, the noodle deals, wines etc etc. that people love to mock him for, are overseen by Richard Arnold.
Well I mean the only thing he has going for him is our increasing share price and worth. So he will care if there is anything that negatively impacts that ie a decline in sponsor relations

Relevated

Check this out.
If you believe this then you've gotta believe the tweets that say woody is determined more than ever to get us back on track.

Also, according to Duncan castles, the glazers are asking more questions about our on pitch affairs. What's made them so interested all of a sudden?

Sing you a song

But singing about Woodward dying isnt?
“ build a bonfire “ has been sang by the fans for decades it used to be “scousers on the top and city in the middle “ for countless seasons it is not a call to murder someone for gods sake purely symbolic a fans way of showing utter dislike for the targets of the song .
Can’t remember it ever causing a problem or even being mentioned before the press are desperate to stir up as much controversy about United as they possibly can .Tiresome to say the least

clarkydaz

“ build a bonfire “ has been sang by the fans for decades it used to be “scousers on the top and city in the middle “ for countless seasons it is not a call to murder someone for gods sake purely symbolic a fans way of showing utter dislike for the targets of the song .
Can’t remember it ever causing a problem or even being mentioned before the press are desperate to stir up as much controversy about United as they possibly can .Tiresome to say the least
that was a reply to someone offended by a 58 minute walkout. Im offended by neither that or the chant

Red00012

I’ll be bringing my 2 kids to the game and have no intention of leaving early.

Okey

Yes!!! Finally getting off the ground. I'd rather the simpler 60 minute mark though, to remind any potential reference to Munich. I'm sure that can still be rectified. Totally up for this (and smiling glumly for suggesting similar).

RedDevilRoshi

If we were winning or drawing, will the fans still walk out will be the bigger question?

It’ll put a huge smile on my face if this does go ahead regardless of what the scoreline is.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I've no problem with the 58th minute, see it as a this isn't what our club is about type thing rather than an Insult

Denis79

If we were winning or drawing, will the fans still walk out will be the bigger question?

It’ll put a huge smile on my face if this does go ahead regardless of what the scoreline is.
I think that it's even better if we're winning. The protest is aimed at the board, not the players.

Relevated

We live in a PC age full of sensitive sods.

RedDevilRoshi

I think that it's even better if we're winning. The protest is aimed at the board, not the players.
Precisely and sends an even clearer message to the board and no doubt the media will be all over it regardless of what the FR result is.

Just hope the fans go through with it.