Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I'm sorry buddies, but I don't think fans walking out will result in anything good.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. The only way to get the owners to sit up and take note is to plan a MASS spamming campaign. Spam the social media pages of sponsors. Do some research and get the email of the Noodle guy and spam his/her inbox. Target the sponsors yo!
You can say it as many times as you want but it's still a moronic idea.

Class of 63

Sourness
“ build a bonfire “ has been sang by the fans for decades it used to be “scousers on the top and city in the middle “ for countless seasons it is not a call to murder someone for gods sake purely symbolic a fans way of showing utter dislike for the targets of the song .
Can’t remember it ever causing a problem or even being mentioned before the press are desperate to stir up as much controversy about United as they possibly can .Tiresome to say the least
That's tame, this is what overstepped the mark -

zenith

That's tame, this is what overstepped the mark -

I endorse this. The expression of anger needs to be extreme to ensure that the voice is heard.

Also good on the match going fans to stage a walkout. While as an internet fan I cannot do much, I'll certainly stop tuning into the local streaming service in my country, cancel my plans to watch the Bournemouth game live at OT and not buy any merchandise, not gift it to anyone.

R'hllor

If i put my tin foil hat, who started this whole 58th minute walkout, they knew there would be backlash and groups would split about it.

Class of 63

Sourness
I endorse this. The expression of anger needs to be extreme to ensure that the voice is heard.

Also good on the match going fans to stage a walkout. While as an internet fan I cannot do much, I'll certainly stop tuning into the local streaming service in my country, cancel my plans to watch the Bournemouth game live at OT and not buy any merchandise, not gift it to anyone.
As I said to yer man above, each to their own.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
About fecking time. 7 years of incompetency and bad decisions has finally taken their toll.

Seeing Liverpool winning the league, and having a legend like Ole in charge instead of an easy-to-blame manager like Jose Mourinho has made Ed Woodward look more vulnerable to fan backlash.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You lot are too precious to waste a 37 on a ticket prize.

And you expect glazers to waste hundreds of millions on the team they dont even love?
You are too precious to cover that same cost for us.

Godfather

Someone send me £37 to cover my ticket and I'll walk out. It's like listening to people on the dole talking about going on strike. Easy to support a protest when you sit online behind a pseudonym and never attend anyway.
God this is so wrong on a lot of levels

Kostov

feck Woodward, obviously I'd rather they don't sing that about the prick, but I can understand the anger and frustration. I hope this walkout gathers strength and we see a significant number do it. We as fans have to do something these pricks obviously don't give a feck about the club.

Marcus

The fans should just turn up in black to signify the death of the club. And at a certain point in the match, stand up and turn their backs. Why pay good money just to walk out.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
God this is so wrong on a lot of levels
Is it? He has paid money and has every right not to walk out. To be honest with you, if we are playing well that game, I don't think this protest will be successful.

Red00012

No one expects everyone to walk out, enjoy the game and at least make you voice is heard when it comes to chanting.
I’ve started wearing the green and gold scarf again and yes my voice will be heard.

Red00012

If you want to settle for mediocracy and to be used to fund some greedy yanks for years to come then that’s fine.

Maybe give it some thought as this could improve the clubs position for your kids future.
I’m not saying I’m happy with the goings on but try explaining it to 2 kids under 11 who absolutely love going there (I only bring them twice a season ) that we’re leaving 10mins into the 2nd half. Sorry but it’s not happening , I’ll chant and I’ll have the green and gold scarf on but walking out - not a chance.

Godfather

Is it? He has paid money and has every right not to walk out. To be honest with you, if we are playing well that game, I don't think this protest will be successful.
Of course it's his right. I just feel it's a bit sad that nowadays nobody stands up for anything anymore if it costs bit of money. And to be honest watching that shower of shit we present every weekend is a waste of money anyway. I salute everyone going to the matches and doing this to themselves. But walking out early once to make a mark shouldn't be a question of money.

The Urban Goose

I believe every single thing about this. I guarantee that's what he says behind closed doors, they will be content if we flounder for 30yrs as long as they keep getting their pound of flesh.
Hence the walkout should be in the 30th minute (plus it means people will reference Liverpool's 30 year wait :devil:)

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Not read through all the posts but what an absolute disgrace to try and organise a mass walkout on 58th minute when we will be remembering the boys that lost their lives. I personally will be singing STAND UP FOR THE BUSBY BABES!!

RedIan

Most of the posters on here who are supporting a walk out dont attend games, some probably never have, yet they are the most vociferous on what paying fans should and shouldn’t do...
i gave up my season ticket a few years ago as my job was preventing me getting to games. I still try and get to as many games a i can and take my son. Its bloody expensive. I dont blame any Dad taking his kids for ignoring this and good look explaining it.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Most of the posters on here who are supporting a walk out dont attend games, some probably never have, yet they are the most vociferous on what paying fans should and shouldn’t do...
i gave up my season ticket a few years ago as my job was preventing me getting to games. I still try and get to as many games a i can and take my son. Its bloody expensive. I dont blame any Dad taking his kids for ignoring this and good look explaining it.
totally agree with you, makes my blood boil!!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You walk out because the football isn't worth turning up for. Doesn't need much explaining.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The fans should just turn up in black to signify the death of the club. And at a certain point in the match, stand up and turn their backs. Why pay good money just to walk out.
Wouldnt do much to Glazers. Still a packed stadium for em!

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
You can't judge anyone for deciding not to take part in this. The tickets are usually bought 4 months before the new season starts and for most incomes, they're a lot of money. If I'd promised to take a child, for example, I wouldn't plan to leave the game early.

I won't be at the game as my personal protest this season has been to sell my tickets and recoup as much as possible but credit to those who are biting the bullet and walking out.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Finally, all we need is a walkout from the stretford end and the rest will follow. I would have preferred a boycott of the first 10 mins then go in and support the lads on the pitch. I remember a silent protest at a Stockholm derby where the whole crowd (home and away) was silent for a few minutes at Kick off. Very powerful message.

Swearing Budgie

spending £110 every year on a red shirt that looks exactly the same as the red shirt they bought 12months earlier - except instead of Skoda it has Lidl as the main sponsor, and it's made by Asics.
You wish!

It will be sponsored by Greggs and made by Sondico.

Dan_F

Not sure if it’s mentioned, but surely it makes more sense to arrive 10-15 mins late and then go in singing anti Glazer songs and support the team for the rest of the match. Or have the first 15 minutes in silence or something.

eire-red

There are a lot of ways to protest. Chanting, singing, posters, banners, social media discontent etc. I feel like the one's who will be most negatively impacted from a mass walkout will be the players, no? What does that achieve then?

A young squad, and we're going to completely demoralise them. The players aren't good enough, but is that their fault? What are they gonna do, resign from the club and stop trying? It's a failure of the club that we have such a poor team, but making the situation worse doesn't help anything.

Go to the game, support the team, like we always do through good times and bad, stay at half time chating about the Glazers, after the match even, but for that 90 mins we should just try and support our the lads, they need it now more than ever. Walking out is just going to make a situation worse, and to be honest, this is the kind of thing I would expect from the toxic Arsenal fanbase, not Manchester United.

Tel074

Next on the list of shit protest ideas: get everyone who buys a United Pie to eat only 58% of it then leave the rest under your seat. FFS, lads, Woodward might not be ideal, but even he could organise a better protest than this. I’m glad these organisers aren’t majority shareholders of our club.

For any organised fan group there’s been the perfect opportunity to arrange a genuinely impactful protest that will get the club’s attention where it matters, but instead we’ve got a tokenistic tantrum to a 0-2 home loss: on 27th February we play Club Brugge in the Europa League, a game which will have been in the calendar for two months, and which no ticket holder is obliged to pay for. There’s been ample opportunity for people to arrange a real movement through leafleting outside the ground, fanzines, fan channels, local and national media, in order to encourage people to sting the club with a record low ticket sale and attendance, whilst ensuring that no fans are out of pocket. If you wanted to really send a message on a match day, that’s how you could do it, with planning and a bit of foresight, to get fans to boycott a match where they have the power to not buy a ticket.

Instead at 10 days’ notice, we’re trying to get people to leave 2/3rds of the way through an important league match, which season-ticket holders are indebted for, and which will no doubt be the day that Munich is remembered.

Tbf to you that's not a bad shout about the Europa League game . I had already planned on not going to that game anyhow but that's a good idea .

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not going to a game forced the hand of the Arsenal board, in the end that is.

I think it’s a great shout

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
There are a lot of ways to protest. Chanting, singing, posters, banners, social media discontent etc. I feel like the one's who will be most negatively impacted from a mass walkout will be the players, no? What does that achieve then?

A young squad, and we're going to completely demoralise them. The players aren't good enough, but is that their fault? What are they gonna do, resign from the club and stop trying? It's a failure of the club that we have such a poor team, but making the situation worse doesn't help anything.

Go to the game, support the team, like we always do through good times and bad, stay at half time chating about the Glazers, after the match even, but for that 90 mins we should just try and support our the lads, they need it now more than ever. Walking out is just going to make a situation worse, and to be honest, this is the kind of thing I would expect from the toxic Arsenal fanbase, not Manchester United.
There is a bigger objective for this and it is not the fragile mentality of our players, young players or not.

Utdstar01

Anyone who doesn't agree with the 58th minute then just leave a couple of minutes later then. That's what I would do.

Enfant terrible

So, the people who endorse the idea that the Glazers should stop using the club as a source of profit (willingly renounce their profit for the sake of the club and its future), are at the same time upset when someone asks them to do the same, (in a much smaller scale - lose the £35 they paid for the ticket). Seems fair and not at all hypocritical

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Surely 78th minute (1878) would be a better time to walk out
Yes.

Disregarding the multiple other issues with opting for the 58th minute, it's tactically unsound: it will inevitably lead to less people actually walking out (many who might otherwise have considered it won't, because they find it tasteless and disrespectful).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Doing it in the 58th minute makes it gimmicky as feck and incredibly tasteless. But it doesn't matter because nobody will walk out and then some shitty plane will fly over with a green and yellow banner that says "bin dippers r konts" and we'll still be here in April waiting because Ole isn't getting sacked until the summer.

Oh, and Ed will continue to surgically remove slices of his chin to add to his growing forehead and remain our Overlord.
Hopefully someone with a working brain that organizes this will realize that its beyond tacky to use the clubs darkest moment to protests club ownership and lack of transfers. The two should never be mentioned in the same breath.