Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

dove

You think a 10 sec shot of people walking out is going to affect much?

Showing a half empty stadium throughout the entire game hits harder. Walking out midway serves little purpose.
It will have a big effect, yes. It's gonna be all over the news and will certainly be a topic to discuss during board meetings. If it happens of course.

steffyr2

Fans should make a point and walk out. The club has been badly run for years, this should have been done earlier.
Are you sure the fans just won't look even more spoiled and entitled than usual?
Other teams are better than Utd, it happens. Our fans demand things (new managers, new players, now new owners) and then change their position within 6 months when there isn't instant success.
Where are the people who want the 3 year plan under Ole? Isn't this still year #1?

Tel074

You think a 10 sec shot of people walking out is going to affect much?

Showing a half empty stadium throughout the entire game hits harder. Walking out midway serves little purpose.
United fans want to support their team while protesting about their owners . If we don't go to the match we don't get to support our team so a walk out is the best way and yes I do think it's a start to try and affect things

RedIan

I dont think many will walk out and it will be a damp squib. None of match going fan organisations have come out and said they back a walk out today. A few tweets jumped on by the media to make it something.... if we are loosing with 15 mins left then i think many will leave but if we are winning and playing ok they will stay and support the team.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm skeptical that this will happen. I think a few may go, but not sure it's going to be a mass exodus. I do respect the fans that do it, but ultimately it's going to amount to nothing. This won't change a thing

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It will have a big effect, yes. It's gonna be all over the news and will certainly be a topic to discuss during board meetings. If it happens of course.
And it won't because a half ass approach won't work. Either don't turn up or support the boys the whole match.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
United fans want to support their team while protesting about their owners . If we don't go to the match we don't get to support our team so a walk out is the best way and yes I do think it's a start to try and affect things
It's this sort of weak attempt to 'try' things which is why they end up doing feck all.

Tel074

It's this sort of weak attempt to 'try' things which is why they end up doing feck all.

So tell me what you are trying to do apart from being on here crying about people trying to do something?

lsd

The Oracle
Should have been planned for five minutes in

Kostov

Are you sure the fans just won't look even more spoiled and entitled than usual?
Other teams are better than Utd, it happens. Our fans demand things (new managers, new players, now new owners) and then change their position within 6 months when there isn't instant success.
Where are the people who want the 3 year plan under Ole? Isn't this still year #1?
Spoiled and entitled? Have you been in a coma the last 7 years? Are you not worried how this club is being run? Other teams are better than United and that is ok and it happens? We are getting humiliated by Burnley and can't muster a shot against relegation candidates. Get a fecking grip.

Get a ticket and join in?
If I could I would. Why don't you do it? You are happy with how the club is being run?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It should happen but probably won't as it's been as badly organised as one of Woody's transfer windows.

TheReligion

Abusive
Spoiled and entitled? Have you been in a coma the last 7 years? Are you not worried how this club is being run? Other teams are better than United and that is ok and it happens? We are getting humiliated by Burnley and can't muster a shot against relegation candidates. Get a fecking grip.

If I could I would. Why don't you do it? You are happy with how the club is being run?
Who said I won't do it? Who said I'm happy? I could actually do it though as I go to the game. Don't have a dig at match going fans if you're not prepared to make the same investment.

red thru&thru

Manchester United fans have been plenty patient. Given enough chances.

I never understood the 'entitlement' comment? What does that even mean in the context of United fans wanting their team to do well?

hobbers

The stadium looks far from capacity as it is. Saw quite a few empty seats.

whitworth

Supports
liverpool
Protesting against what? The Glazers have spent £486m net in the last 5 years, 2nd only to City's £602m. Liverpool have spent £107m (source transfermrkt)

The problem isnt the investment its the succession of crap managers and coaching staff

Josh 76

Protesting against what? The Glazers have spent £486m net in the last 5 years, 2nd only to City's £602m. Liverpool have spent £107m (source transfermrkt)

The problem isnt the investment its the succession of crap managers and coaching staff
And they have taken double that money out of the club for their personal shit.
Anyway What the feck would you know about Utd anyway.

macheda14

Hmm I wonder who appointed the managers?

Pav1878

It's not the money spent, it's the money misspent. And the mismanagement of the club by Woodward who was hired by the glazers.