Fans returning to stadiums | 4k for Carabao Cup | Suggested 10k for end of season games

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Submitting the postcodes of all Premier League clubs in the Tier checker (post-Dec 2)

Arsenal: Tier 2
Aston Villa: Tier 3
Brighton: Tier 2
Burnley: Tier 3
Chelsea: Tier 2
Crystal Palace: Tier 2
Everton: Tier 2
Fulham: Tier 2
Leeds United: Tier 3
Leicester City: Tier 3

Liverpool: Tier 2
Manchester City: Tier 3
Manchester United: Tier 3
Newcastle United: Tier 3
Sheffield United: Tier 3

Southampton: Tier 2
Tottenham Hotspur: Tier 2
West Bromwich Albion: Tier 3
West Ham United: Tier 2
Wolverhampton Wanderers: Tier 3
I thought Liverpool was tier 3

Chief123

Man City will be delighted to be back at full capacity from the weekend.

Green_Red

Imagine how much more effort you'd have to put in when chanting, in social distancing conditions. You'd get found out if you were a mumbler type and would look mental if you were the screaming type.
That won't be a problem for us, half the stadium don't chant anyway.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Submitting the postcodes of all Premier League clubs in the Tier checker (post-Dec 2)

Yet all tiers will almost certainly see folks travelling halfway across the country to attend matches.

I wish they’d applied a little thought.

Restricting attendance to people that live within 3 miles of the stadium would have been a really nice thing to do. Most clubs would meet their Covid capacity.

Had they done that, they probably could have made all grounds Tier 1 or 2 on a percentage of seats basis and done something pretty cool.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Imagine how much more effort you'd have to put in when chanting, in social distancing conditions. You'd get found out if you were a mumbler type and would look mental if you were the screaming type.
I don’t think you’re allowed to cheer are you?

My brother in law is in Stuttgart. Attendance a few months back was conditional on no singing. Sh1tty. But kind of understandable.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Looking forward to seeing 2000 Stone faced fans politely clapping like it's a tennis game when the first goal is scored.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yet all tiers will almost certainly see folks travelling halfway across the country to attend matches.

I wish they’d applied a little thought.

Restricting attendance to people that live within 3 miles of the stadium would have been a really nice thing to do. Most clubs would meet their Covid capacity.

Had they done that, they probably could have made all grounds Tier 1 or 2 on a percentage of seats basis and done something pretty cool.
I live in a Tier 3 region, I know I'd turn down any opportunity to travel down to Chelsea games. I would hope people aren't silly enough to leave heavily restricted areas.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I live in a Tier 3 region, I know I'd turn down any opportunity to travel down to Chelsea games. I would hope people aren't silly enough to leave heavily restricted areas.
I agree with you. But it’s going to happen.

The Uk population has consistently demonstrated that it won’t do what’s best for it. They do what’s best for the individual.

Opening large attendance venues without restricting attendees by geography is absolutely insane.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Imagine the crowd being this small in such a large stadium that when you shout something at a player/ref they actually hear exactly what you say and where it's said from :lol:
This could actually be fun :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The national guidelines state that you're supposed to limit ANY travel that isn't necessary, though. So, traveling from London to Liverpool in order to attend a football match isn't really on.

As it stands, though, I suppose this (like many other things) will have to depend on people using their heads. If you do travel from London to Liverpool in order to attend a football match, you won't be targeted or stopped by the authorities.

ETA Not the best example as per current tiers/levels. But you get the idea. London to Manchester, then.

Oldyella

Agreed, but it's going to happen. Look at how some have treated national lockdowns.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine the crowd being this small in such a large stadium that when you shout something at a player/ref they actually hear exactly what you say and where it's said from :lol:
Except there sounds like they will have a no shouting or cheering rule. So it'd have to be a loud normal voice to be heard

UnrelatedPsuedo

The national guidelines state that you're supposed to limit ANY travel that isn't necessary, though. So, traveling from London to Liverpool in order to attend a football match isn't really on.

As it stands, though, I suppose this (like many other things) will have to depend on people using their heads. If you do travel from London to Liverpool in order to attend a football match, you won't be targeted or stopped by the authorities.

ETA Not the best example as per current tiers/levels. But you get the idea. London to Manchester, then.
I know the rules.

My point is : Force sports to engage their local environment.

People are dicks. Communities need support. It’s a no brainer.

You can’t buy a United ticket without producing a council tax bill. Or utility Bill.

Yes it’s an admin pain and some will cheat.

The outcome is still good.

Letting thousands of people drive around the country to attend events is insane. I know they’re not allowed. But people will do it.

There will be Bristol City fans living in Bath. Those cities are in different tiers. Nobody will give a Fcuk about attending on a dodgy rules system.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I agree with you. But it’s going to happen.

The Uk population has consistently demonstrated that it won’t do what’s best for it. They do what’s best for the individual.

Opening large attendance venues without restricting attendees by geography is absolutely insane.
Yeah I agree, they could also just not put tickets up for sale, and just sort season ticket holders by address and allocate tickets as fairly as possible between the season ticket holders that live in the same city the club is based in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I agree, they could also just not put tickets up for sale, and just sort season ticket holders by address and allocate tickets as fairly as possible between the season ticket holders that live in the same city the club is based in.
Going local does seem the best way round it for the big clubs. Otherwise it's a minefield of who to allow in out of 50,000 season ticket holders.
Although for us it's not a decision being in tier 3.

My local boys Wycombe capped season ticket sales at the level of last season - 2,400. And sold them on the basis that if any limits were lower than the amount of tickets sold fans would be prioritised on how early they bought.
Probably a fair bit easier for Wycombe as a higher percentage of our season ticket holders will be local than the biggest clubs and the season ticket holders versus limit won't be so massively over subscribed!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Might be already mentioned but are all fans going to be home fans?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You can’t buy a United ticket without producing a council tax bill. Or utility Bill.
I presume you mean this should be the rule.

If so, I agree - sure, ideally speaking.

It's a bit of a logistical challenge, though. Restrict access to buying tickets (online) to certain people? Demand that every fan who enters the ground with a valid ticket also has a copy of their council tax bill?

Might involve purely legal obstacles for all I know.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I presume you mean this should be the rule.

If so, I agree - sure, ideally speaking.

It's a bit of a logistical challenge, though. Restrict access to buying tickets (online) to certain people? Demand that every fan who enters the ground with a valid ticket also has a copy of their council tax bill?

Might involve purely legal obstacles for all I know.
Its not that hard. 75,000 ‘proving’ location would be.

10% of Old Trafford at 7000 seats would be easy enough.

locals only. Fcuk people like me in London. Give back to communities.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Might be already mentioned but are all fans going to be home fans?
I would assume so. When it was first projected to be tried for Arsenal, they were organizing it through their website and you needed to be a member.

pascell

Quite the Tier Title race we have this season

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Man City will be delighted to be back at full capacity from the weekend.
:lol: 2000 tickets and they'll still be advertising them on Talksport trying to fill the seats! I'm sure a City fan will be along soon to tell us what a massive club they are though

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Not sure about the situation in the UK but it's the first I've read about obligatory negative tests in order to enter a venue. Hopefully this doesn't result in a shortage of tests for those who really need one, rather than someone who wants to attend a football game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Not sure about the situation in the UK but it's the first I've read about obligatory negative tests in order to enter a venue. Hopefully this doesn't result in a shortage of tests for those who really need one, rather than someone who wants to attend a football game.
That seems very impractical

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That seems very impractical
It sure does. Again, not sure about the UK, but here it usually takes around 48 hours to get a result but it might be 72 hours or even longer sometimes. For a game on Saturday and a negative test on gameday or the day prior, it means that you'd have to go for your test on Wednesday just to be sure you get it in time. Which makes it pretty pointless since you'd have plenty of opportunities to get infected between Wednesday and gameday.

I'm not even sure you can get a test in Belgium right now with the reasoning of "to gain access into a football ground". You'd probably have to lie to your GP that you've been a high-risk contact of a person that tested positive.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Merseyside doing community testing was one of the reasons for getting out of tier 3 wasn't it so decent number of that 2k perhaps already had a test.

Just watching highlights on Quest and it is really odd to see fans back. Quite a bit of cheering for the goals in the Luton-Norwich game.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Merseyside doing community testing was one of the reasons for getting out of tier 3 wasn't it so decent number of that 2k perhaps already had a test.

Just watching highlights on Quest and it is really odd to see fans back. Quite a bit of cheering for the goals in the Luton-Norwich game.
Won’t matter though since the negative test would have to received on game day or the day prior.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Went to Wycombe's game last night.
Surreal really. 1,000 rattling round a 10,000 stadium.

No-one within 4 seats either side. Uncomfy mask on for two hours.
Better than nothing though.

RedChisel

I bet the players have loved not having a load of sad old overweight men shouting abuse at them for 90 minutes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Millwall fans just booed the players taking the knee.

You give up sometimes.

Post-December 16th

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Premier League clubs in the Tier checker (post-Dec 16)

Arsenal: Tier 3
Chelsea: Tier 3
Crystal Palace: Tier 3

Fulham: Tier 3

Tottenham Hotspur: Tier 3
West Ham United: Tier 3

Changes: Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United are now Tier 3

Will update if Manchester or any other Tier 3 region goes Tier 2 but so far London's the only significant change.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
An absolute disgrace, this.

No club should have fans in attendance until all clubs are allowed to have them. It’s making a complete mockery of the competition and guess who are the main beneficiaries (again)...

djembatheking

Huge advantage to Liverpool having all their fans together . Level playing field my arse.