Fantasy Draft DISCUSSION ONLY Thread

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I guess we should just declare me winner.

Definitely got the best team.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
we will finish this one way or another - I have asked Erics Collar if he wants to resume his responsibilities since he was the one who put in all the effort in the first place, otherwise we can sort it out between us!

Cal?

CR7 fan
Rood is going to restart this, just want to check if everyone involved in the QF are still around:

Quarter Final:

Match 1: Erics_Collar vs esmufc09
Match 2: R.Nilsson7 vs Fort Boyard
Match 3: M13_Red vs Solius
Match 4: Cal? vs Roodboy

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
i think they are all around except M13 (who I might be able to get hold of anyway), although I havent seen much of Erics Collar and he had no interest in going back to this when I PMd him.

Anyway no matter - the teams are picked already, those who want to can submit tactics etc, if others are not bothered then we can still have a vote.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
this was the first round match ups and results:
https://www.redcafe.net/f7/redcafe-fantasy-draft-competition-round-one-243915/

and full picks list, obviously some players' stock will have risen/fallen in the meantime but many were retired already anyway ...

1) SharkyMcShark: Schmeichel, Pallister, Bruce, Ashley Cole, Fowler, Butt, Di Matteo, Finnan, Park, Wiltord, Kewell.....COMPLETE
2) R.Nilsson7: Henry, Makelele, G. Neville, Toure, Duff, Cudicini, Saha, Woodgate, J. Redknapp, Fortune, Malbranque.....COMPLETE
3) The Law of Denis: Shearer, McGrath, Ince, Di Canio, A Young, Southgate, Mcmanaman, Speed, Lauren, Lescott, Lehmann.....COMPLETE
4) esmufc09: Cantona, Adams, Carrick, Given, Clichy, Adebayor, Gudjohnsen, Wright-Phillips, Neill, Lee, Dunne.....COMPLETE
5) Ace: Ruud, Le Tissier, Campbell, Overmars, Yeboah, James, Silvestre, Harte, Asprilla, Davids, Parker.....COMPLETE
6) Solius: Giggs, Irwin, Seaman, Berbatov, L. Ferdinand, Arteta, Brown, P. Neville, Laursen, Solano, Flamini.....COMPLETE
7) Erics Collar: Keane, Vidic, Yorke, Robben, Tevez, Mellberg, Okocha, Radebe, Bridge, Parlour, Howard.....COMPLETE
8) M13 Red: Bergkamp, Lampard, Torres, Reina, Hyypia, Mascherano, Barry, Melchiot, Bentley, Heinze, Senderos.....COMPLETE
9) roodboy: Scholes, Owen, Terry, Klinsmann, Petit, Waddle, Barnes, D. Walker, Petrescu, Staunton, Southall.....COMPLETE
10) Cal?: C.Ronaldo, VDS, Essien, Sheringham, Johnsen, Van Persie, Beardsley, Gullit, Sylvinho, Babbel, Bould.....COMPLETE
11) Smash-E: Cech, Gerrard, Hughes, Carragher, Ljungberg, Hasselbaink, Gallas, Sharpe, Leboeuf, McAllister, Carbone......COMPLETE
12) Danish Voice: Evra, Andy Cole, Carvalho, Alonso, Martyn, Gilberto, Dixon, Anderton, Hendry, Hleb, Rush......COMPLETE
13) SirAF: R. Ferdinand, Beckham, Wright, Cahill, Wise, J Cole, Barthez, O'Shea, Viduka, Baines, Yobo.....COMPLETE
14) Fort Boyard: Vieira, Fabregas, Pires, Kanchelskis, Anelka, Sagna, Le Saux, Berg, King, Diarra, Flowers.....COMPLETE
15) Vinay: Ole, Stam, Batty, Drogba, Juninho,Friedel, Agbonlahor, Winterburn, Albert, Downing, Geremi......COMPLETE

16) Melvin Yeo: Rooney, Zola, Ginola, Desailly, Pearce, Poyet, Hamman, Veron, L Young, Henchoz

Just Melvin and we can get underway.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If Anyone is MIA, I can take over that team.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Rood is going to restart this, just want to check if everyone involved in the QF are still around:

Quarter Final:

Match 1: Erics_Collar vs esmufc09
Match 2: R.Nilsson7 vs Fort Boyard
Match 3: M13_Red vs Solius
Match 4: Cal? vs Roodboy
I have PM'd everyone to see who wants to be invovled again - although I probably wont get it going for a couple of weeks yet.
might appoint caretakers for those who are not interested. KM is first in line, if anyone else wants to be considered then register your interest in this thread.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
im pretty sure there was someone else who posted that they were interested and then obviously changed their mind!

anyway at least 4 want to resume managerial duties so far - will give a few days for the others to respond (and R.Nilsson's inbox is full so no idea if he wants in) - got KM and Desert Eagle but there might be another caretaker manager job going if anyone else wants in ...

Polaroid

I was interested until i realised i would be taking over a team someone else has picked
Count me in if you are starting another draft from scratch

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Will finish this one before starting another - in case it entices any prospective caretaker manager, this was the prize on offer (I assume it will still be valid!) ...

Unveiling the avatar the winner will get...

*drum roll*

*nice round of applause*

Thanks to Top for designing it!

Cal?

CR7 fan
Will finish this one before starting another - in case it entices any prospective caretaker manager, this was the prize on offer (I assume it will still be valid!) ...
Oh, how come I didn't get one for the New Fantasy thing I set up and won. :confused:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Oh, how come I didn't get one for the New Fantasy thing I set up and won. :confused:
Because it wasnt worthy! this was the original and best draft, Erics Collar did a great job of setting it all up, shame he never got round to finish it off.

anyway Im back from hols and ready to push this forward so watch this space ...

might still need 1 more caretaker manager if anyone is interested?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I'll be a caretaker if needs be

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'll do my team Rood will be around.
Ok dokey - just in time as well as I was going to pass your team on!

Can I play? :devil:
you want to be caretaker?

at the moment it looks like 5 original managers want in (me, Cal, Solius, esmufc, fortboyard) so 3 teams are available (erics collar, rnilsson7 and M13 Red).
KM is taking one, I think DesertEagle as well so there is 1 caretaker spot for grabs.

I'll be a caretaker if needs be
you can if Walrus doesnt want it - but he asked first

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I'll let big-red do it. On holiday at the mo, don't really have the time sadly

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
ok so after a couple of managerial casualties, the quarter final line up is looking something like this:

Match 1: KM vs esmufc11
Match 2: Desert Eagle vs Fort Boyard
Match 3: Big-Red vs Solius
Match 4: Cal? vs Rood

- There will be a seperate thread and poll for each match
- Post your starting formation in this thread
- If you want to come up with some tactics then post them here and they will be added to the match thread
- Alternatively you can choose to keep it secret and argue your case in the match thread when it goes live

Will give a few days for everyone to get upto speed with formations, tactics etc and probably do 1st match on the weekend ...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm keeping the same formation

Basically 4-4-2 with Keane being more of a box to box midfielder rather than the holding midfielder which will be Parlour. Robben and Okocha on opposite sides, so that cut in as they like to do.

I feel Yorke and Tevez will be a great partnership, sort of like Rooney-Tevez partnership. Both are dynamic forwards and will keep on interchanging their positions. The defense is also solid with the presence of Vidic in here.

My team's captain will be Roy Keane.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

No tactics, they don't seem to sway peoples opinions anyway.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM

EDIT: No point with tactics at all tbf.