Fantasy Draft - Match 1: ROOD vs EXCAL

Which fantasy draft team gets your vote?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A Fantasy Football Draft has been going here for the past few months:https://www.redcafe.net/f7/fantasy-football-draft-316250/

The squads are now ready and the quarter final draw has taken place, so get voting for your favorite team!

TEAM ROOD

Van Der Saar
DaniAlves--Ferdinand--Terry--Baines
Khedira--Busquets
Ronaldo--Kaka--Giggs
Eto'o

Subs: De Gea, Berbatov, Carrick

VS

TEAM EXCAL

Buffon
Ramos--Puyol--Luiz--Lahm
Nani--Y. Toure--Ozil--Donovan
Rooney--Higuain

Subs: Howard, Gourcuff, Gattuso​

Excal

He's got a good front four, even taking Kaka's decline into account, but it's the back four where I think Rood's team falls short. Even if we ignore the injuries to Rio and Big Man, he's got two very attack-oriented fullbacks, which I think would have difficulty with my team's width.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Reckon there's a better balance in Rood's team. Think Team Excal's midfield would leave his defence horribly exposed. That factor, as well as Rood's greater attacking personnel, give him the edge IMO.

GingerPrince11

what are our votes based?

how they would play right now, or at their best?
Giggs has been playing well now, but a younger version would be more dangerous and effective, or take Kaka for example, his form hasnt been fantastic.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
what are our votes based?

how they would play right now, or at their best?
Giggs has been playing well now, but a younger version would be more dangerous and effective, or take Kaka for example, his form hasnt been fantastic.
It is a good question and one we discussed while making our choices, there wasnt really any clear guidelines to be honest - although it is more about recent (maybe last couple of years?)/current/future form and not really looking back too far.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Whereas I'd argue that Rood's DEFENCE would leave his defence horribly exposed...
Lahm and Ramos are pretty attacking full backs too. I reckon his inclusion of two holding midfielders would mean they'd provide decent cover when Alves in particular bombs forward. Just my opinion though!

I_live_cement

Cat freak
He's got a good front four, even taking Kaka's decline into account, but it's the back four where I think Rood's team falls short. Even if we ignore the injuries to Rio and Big Man, he's got two very attack-oriented fullbacks, which I think would have difficulty with my team's width.
Ramos and Lahm are about as attack minded as you can get as full backs. Not to mention that a Rio/Terry partnership is better than Puyol/Luiz in just about every way.

Your defence would be moving their hair out of their eyes constantly.
:lol: And this.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Lahm and Ramos are pretty attacking full backs too. I reckon his inclusion of two holding midfielders would mean they'd provide decent cover when Alves in particular bombs forward. Just my opinion though!
This ;)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think it should be about form right now. In which case Rio is injured, Carrick has to come in and play DM, and Kaka is much much worse.

RECOUNT!
Feck off! Injuries dont come into it at all - clutching at straws now :lol:

Excal

Ramos and Lahm are about as attack minded as you can get as full backs. Not to mention that a Rio/Terry partnership is better than Puyol/Luiz in just about every way.
Rio's injured and Terry has been far worse than either Puyol or Luiz this year.

If I'd known we were going to completely throw out form the way some of you have done I'd have thrown Gattuso in there and gone with 4-2-3-1 as well.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
In any fantasy football game I've ever played, injured players score 0 points :p
Yeah, if you're actually playing a structured game with points scored based on real life performances, not something like this (i.e. some tards on the internet voting for the best team.)

RK

They're both playing the wrong formations, but I'm giving it to Rood based on him edging it with central defence and cover. Nani would probably rip him to pieces from the left with his width and Rood's lack of cover there, but it would end up being a case of "I'll score more goals than you" and Excal would succumb.

Of course this is all my own opinion, but hopefully it's a bit more interesting than just pressing a button to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.