Fantasy draft, SF2, Aldo Vs Annah

Which team would win based on all players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moby

Dick
You came pretty close to the team that I wanted to build when I started the bidding war with you for Platini at the beginning of this draft. So it felt wrong to vote against my own idea, but yeah, it wasn't enough for a comeback. Got lucky there, almost missed the deadline.
Cheers man. Yeah, I sensed you would have him somewhere near that role given your fetish for the false 9. :D

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It is very interesting, time will forget many of those we consider great and others will turn overrated due to people knowing more about them. I can see Pique turning overrated in 15-20 years, people will read all his inclusions in teams of the seasons and and see all his titles etc.
I will only reminisce about Shakira's arse. Lucky fecker.

antohan

Pique? Imagine torres/ramos in fifty years. People would only look at the trophy hall and think of them as part of the all time greats. One thing that I hate is where have all the cool nicknames gone. Wayne "White pele" Rooney, Lionel "midget" messi doesnt match up to Falcao, the 8th king of rome, der Kaiser, Black panther, Il Phenomeno,etc

Although someone was called the matador(forgot whom) which is kinda cool.
Marcelo Salas. Came through at River precisely when Los Fabulosos Cadillacs hit the charts with that song. Not sure you would have ever heard it, look it up, it's pretty good.

antohan

Brilliant game lads, think it made justice to the stars on show for both sides.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Great game with Vierchowod and Baresi in the side. Ferrara, Bergomi and Maldini are playing as well. :drool:
What a defence Italy boasted then. My favourite part of that game was the worst offside decision I've ever seen in the game. See Nicola Berti's fine header at 8.33.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Which of the regulars are left? @Gio @Balu @Pat_Mustard
feck...was out today for far longer than I'd planned and missed the poll closing. I'm still no closer to deciding who would win for what its worth. When I first looked I thought Annah decisively for individual quality which is still my main criteria. Aldo was brilliant with his tactics and arguments though, and I felt Annah slipped up after nailing it perfectly in his last game. Both managers get bonus points for unearthing some awesome youtube footage that I'll have to get round to watching. All in all, if I'd been in front of the computer all day there's every chance I'd not have voted anyway!

Some random observations...

Is it just pride fecking with me when I reflexively disagree with Annah's argument that Conti would have skinned Irwin enough to give Annah's team a decisive advantage? Its strange, when Trippy fielded Bruce-Pallister my arse twitched at the mere thought of them up against a 'continental' strike pairing with good movement, yet I have a tough time viewing Irwin as unreliable at virtually any level.

This was a great thread to read, but someone should have posted Anto's great post about Platini vs Maradona in the all-time great standings from an old draft!

Slim Ronaldo is ridiculously hard to judge against all-time level company - there's plenty of valid arguments against him in terms of aesthetic playing style and skill-set omissions, yet his worth in these drafts does seem far too low versus his real-world accomplishments.