Fantasy Football 2017/18

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Pretty set on doing Vardy / Loftus-Cheek out for Sane / Quaner (who?).

Would give me this team:

Pope
Alonso / Jones / Tarkowski / Kenny / Duffy
Coutinho / Sterling / Richarlison / Sane / Salah
Kane / Morata

Thoughts?
Tarkowski is facing a 3 game ban isn’t he?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Pah. That idiot Morata is suspended for the weekend which has forced my hand. Aguero and Pogba in for him and Coutinho. And armband on Aguero.

SteveTheRed

Pah. That idiot Morata is suspended for the weekend which has forced my hand. Aguero and Pogba in for him and Coutinho. And armband on Aguero.
So dumb. It was for excessive celebration?

Nice move for the short term. Planning on keeping Aguero?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So dumb. It was for excessive celebration?

Nice move for the short term. Planning on keeping Aguero?
Probably not. 1 premium striker and packing the midfield seems to be the way to go this season. You can pack it quite well too now that Sanchez is on a wind down. January transfers could change a few things I guess.

FC Ronaldo

Damn Morata. Everyone’s going to pick Aguero now as he’s the defaul obvious pick and I was hoping to quietly back him as a difference maker this week.

RobinHood

I've decided this season to go for one premium striker, one middling one and an unknown from a smaller team that could surprise. My premium striker though is Lukaku, who I don't think may outscore Kane. And now Kane is too expensive to get :(.

On the bright side the above has given me funds to get a decent midfield and good defense though. Gooo Hazard!!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I have Morata suspended, Ramsey, Ward and Valencia injured, Silva who's possibly unavailable because of who knows what, and Jesus who's unlikely to feature much and has generally been shit recently. Over half my fecking first team.

Did I read we get another wild card in January? Is it worth me using mine to get me out of this mess?

RobinHood

I have Morata suspended, Ramsey, Ward and Valencia injured, Silva who's possibly unavailable because of who knows what, and Jesus who's unlikely to feature much and has generally been shit recently. Over half my fecking first team.

Did I read we get another wild card in January? Is it worth me using mine to get me out of this mess?
Yes there is another wildcard in Jan. However, you might want to wait to see whether there are any major transfers that happen during this period before you make any moves. i.e. Wait until near the end of Jan. Unless of course your situation is dire enough (it looks like it might be) and come 1st Jan, you just do a wholesale remodel of your team.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm planning to keep Morata for the GW because the only other option is Aguero who costs a 1m more and with the fixture congestion, he may well just play every alternate game. for the next 4 games

FC Ronaldo

The free hit chip looks like a viable option there. It’s a wildcard for 1 gameweek before reverting back to your original team.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Similar here. I also have Morata, Doucoure deffo out, and Valencia, Ward, Silva 75%. Free hit might happen.

Edit: it happened.

Last edited:

stretford_oslo

Yes there is another wildcard in Jan. However, you might want to wait to see whether there are any major transfers that happen during this period before you make any moves. i.e. Wait until near the end of Jan. Unless of course your situation is dire enough (it looks like it might be) and come 1st Jan, you just do a wholesale remodel of your team.
You don’t have to use your WC in january this year i think, so the wisest thing may be to hold on to it a bit longer.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Got a dilemma.

I want Pogba, Alonso and Ederson instead of my cheap midfielder, Courtois and a striker but I don’t know which striker to drop.

Aguero and Kane have really good fixtures ahead and in any other FF year I’d be doing all I can to have them in the side. Morata is the odd one out but it’s not like he’s got tough fixtures coming up either. Am I better to stick or twist?!

Got 2 free transfers so it’s a -4 scenario if I go for it (will also wait for tonight’s games to play out).

@DanNistelrooy @Samid - thoughts lads?
Sorry for the late response, had it typed in the other evening but forgot to post it.

With his suspension I’d get rid of Morata. Some are keeping because they believe that means he’s nailed to start the rest of the festive games but I’m not too sure. My issue with Morata is that he hasn’t had many seasons as first choice striker so fatigue will always be an issue when the games are coming thick and fast. Plus he seems a bit soft and recently missed a game because of a slight back problem.

I’d also keep Courtois. Not worth taking a hit to get rid. For me Chelsea are a better defensive team than City but City have conceded less because of their crazy energy levels and starving the opposition for possession. You could argue that starving the opposition for possession is a good form for defending but on the flip side it drains your energy when you’re constantly chasing the ball until you win it back. Chelsea when they’re dispossessed just fall deeper and win it back the efficient way. Just feel that Chelsea defend in a more sustainable fashion and therefore Courtois is a better pick than Ederson.

Pogba has been excellent value when available this season so that’s a good move. Alonso is a no brainer. Here is a guy listed as a defender who is supposed to play wing back but actually thinks he is a striker. The amount of times he's in and around the box is crazy. Also goes up for corners and takes direct FKs. Yeah he might cost 7m but he will comfortably outscore mids/forwards around the same price so I see no reason not to have him.

VanGaalEra

Probably too late to effect their season, but I've finally got KDB in my side. Brought in Morata a few GW's agao and since then he hasn't played.

The curse is real.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I took a -4 earlier in the week for Vardy / RLC to Sane / Quaner. After the Morata ban I’ve had to take another -4 for Tarkowski to Masuaku (that’s a move I would have made the week after).

A bit annoying. I was also a bit hesitant on that move in general as RLC is exceptional value as a 5th midfielder.

Gives me the below team long term which I think should rattle in some points:

Pope
Alonso / Jones / Masuaku
Coutinho / Sterling / Richarlison / Sane / Salah
Kane / Morata

Subs: Duffy, Kenny, Quaner

Point hits have been a problem this season. My style has always been to take them but I’ve lost about 60 points this season which is insane.

I’m sitting at 40k which I’m pleased with and team value of 106.0.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like i'm cursing way too many players.

Moreno, Ward are out, Morata is suspended. So finally brought Aguero in with Morata out, and Mee for Ward, Chilwall for Moreno. DLC for Abraham.

Took -8 but that's not something new. Always end up taking the hit.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So I can replace Hazard and Gross for Sterling and Pogba... BUT Hazard is my differential from opponents. Also, doing this change will mean I have no Chelsea attacker. Worth it or not?

SteveTheRed

Probably too late to effect their season, but I've finally got KDB in my side. Brought in Morata a few GW's agao and since then he hasn't played.

The curse is real.
Thank you, we all need to do our bit to stop City. KdB to miss a pen this weekend.

SirMattBugsby

So I can replace Hazard and Gross for Sterling and Pogba... BUT Hazard is my differential from opponents. Also, doing this change will mean I have no Chelsea attacker. Worth it or not?
Not for me. Perhaps find another way to get Sterling? Pogba isn't a priority for me, United are playing defensive opposition in the next few weeks.

ROFLUTION

Is there any way to see at what price you bought a given player??

I have Morata, who is due to a -0.1 change tonight, and I know I bought him between round 12-13 for either 9.4 or 9.5 but I don't know which

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Is there any way to see at what price you bought a given player??

I have Morata, who is due to a -0.1 change tonight, and I know I bought him between round 12-13 for either 9.4 or 9.5 but I don't know which
Go on transfers then list view

coolredwine

lameredboots
Morata's stupid stupid YC has really forced my hand. Had to take an extra -4 hit (on top of one already taken to remove the useless Niasse). But I have 2 ITB which means I can upgrade my defense to bring in a Chelsea defender.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Morata's stupid stupid YC has really forced my hand. Had to take an extra -4 hit (on top of one already taken to remove the useless Niasse). But I have 2 ITB which means I can upgrade my defense to bring in a Chelsea defender.
Christensen is a cheap way into the Chelsea defense.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Salah captained and Firmino brought in with my free hit. 29 points from two players.

Some more goals and Arse winning would be sweet.

ROFLUTION

Go on transfers then list view
apparently they removed it from the view this year. Used fantasy football fix instead

I swear their usability for a game that has so many users is terrible - just the filtering options and how you can not sort by price in the column directly is noobish

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Was planning on getting Morata back but after his needless yellow I've opted for Aguero and captained him. Granted he aint in form..its Bournemouth at home. Plus Jesus played the full 120minutes on Tuesday so I'll be shocked if he doesn't start.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
apparently they removed it from the view this year. Used fantasy football fix instead

I swear their usability for a game that has so many users is terrible - just the filtering options and how you can not sort by price in the column directly is noobish
I’ve just checked and it is still there. If you go to transfers, the default view is pitch view. Go into the next tab which is list view. Then you can see the Current price , price paid and selling price

Jacko21

If ever you're in any doubt as to the curse of Fantasy Football, know that I considered, Depoitre, Choupo Moting, Arnautović and Austin for this gameweek, but overlooked them all.

And I left Rob Elliot on the bench. The curse is real.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Doing alright this week. Unfortunately so are a few others in my main league. Gross, Firmino and Otamendi bringing decent points in from my Free Hit.

Nickosaur

Sterling as captain was a good choice. Gross, Christensen, RLC and Salah also getting decent returns. If United keep a clean sheet tonight (DDG and Jones) it will be a great week.

IrishRedDevil

I made Kane captain yesterday but didn't click save :(

Thankfully it was Salah who got a goal and an assist, but not clicking save on Kane cost me 14 points. Ouch.