Fantasy Football 2017/18

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Finally Kane shows up. I captained Aguero so no biggie for me.

Currently on 84 with Pogba to play plus whatever bonus points kick in. Probably be my best week.

Looking at our line up I think Lingard might be the way to go though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Did good this week. Gross, Christensen, RLC, Kane, Salah and Captain Aguero.

But only one of my defenders played. Mariappa, Kolasanic, Ward, Holgate all missed out :lol:

IrishRedDevil

I have Lukaku who set up two great chances for Martial and Lingard and they both missed, and my competitor has Maguire who scored the last minute equaliser.

This game hurts :(

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wondering whether to do Firmino in for Morata permanently? They have a really kind run, pretty much for the entire second half of the season. Gives me more to spend elsewhere.

diarm

My first properly good game week of the season. Brought in Otamendi and Atsu for injured players with my two free transfers. Then captained Kane to end up with 100 points.

Well needed after my worst season in years up till now.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So next game week Captain...

Hazard against Brighton
Salah against Swansea
Aguero against Newcastle
Kane against Southampton

Main problem is rotation

nemanja15

I think Salah may be rested and Aguero potentially rotated, although it's hard to drop someone who scores a brace. Kane is likely the best bet as there's no chance he won't play.

Ady87

Finished on 98 and up to 70k OR.

Need to get this weeks transfer right but I’m actually thinking of not making any.

Foster

Kenny Christensen Zanka

Salah Sterling Hazard Richarlison

Kane Aguero DCL

If Hazard blanks at home he’s getting swapped along with Richarlison, probably for Coutinh/Silva & someone. Or Hazard/DCL > Coutinho/Austin

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Pretty happy with 88 this week. Was counting on Pogba getting something as I swapped out Groß for him, annoying decision in hindsight but that’s Fantasy for you!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Pretty happy with 88 this week. Was counting on Pogba getting something as I swapped out Groß for him, annoying decision in hindsight but that’s Fantasy for you!
I made that transfer too but forgot to hit save. Worked out for me for once!

SATA

Overhauled my team using the wildcard cos i have to get Kane in somehow. Feeling he's coming into his form now and i can't afford to miss out like everyone else

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Overhauled my team using the wildcard cos i have to get Kane in somehow. Feeling he's coming into his form now and i can't afford to miss out like everyone else
You know he doesn't play in GW21 right?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Going with:
DDG
Christensen Otamendi Kenny
Gross Ozil Sterling Salah (C)
Lacazette Rooney Morata

Suggestions welcome

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Stuck the arm band on Kane and rolling my transfer this gw. Nothing sticks out. Would like Morata today but not bringing him back in after I took two to remove him last week.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
first time in FPL.. how often a year is there double gameweeks and when do they usually happen?
I know you've had some tags above but for reference, it mainly happens due to 1 of the following circumstances:
1) A postponement in an earlier game - poor weather normally but we had one with the bomb scare stuff a few seasons ago too
2) Cup games (both cups) moving schedules in the latter rounds (QF/SF etc)

ROFLUTION

I know you've had some tags above but for reference, it mainly happens due to 1 of the following circumstances:
1) A postponement in an earlier game - poor weather normally but we had one with the bomb scare stuff a few seasons ago too
2) Cup games (both cups) moving schedules in the latter rounds (QF/SF etc)
Ah! So usually the carabao cup finalists will have double weeks? How far in the fa cup will a team have to go to be in chance of postponement?

edit: ah QF

Does Champions League affect Something?

FC Ronaldo

Ah! So usually the carabao cup finalists will have double weeks? How far in the fa cup will a team have to go to be in chance of postponement?

edit: ah QF

Does Champions League affect Something?
Normally any PL team in a league cup SF will get a double gameweek because that is held on weekends - likewise the finalists. Similar stuff for the latter stages of the FA cup. Replays that clashed with a European tie for one of the teams used to cause a double gameweek too but haven't they gone for penalties in the later rounds now?

European stuff doesn't affect it.

ROFLUTION

Normally any PL team in a league cup SF will get a double gameweek because that is held on weekends - likewise the finalists. Similar stuff for the latter stages of the FA cup. Replays that clashed with a European tie for one of the teams used to cause a double gameweek too but haven't they gone for penalties in the later rounds now?

European stuff doesn't affect it.
So is the opportunity for triple captain on Kane in two gameweeks the best option? I Guess Pep/Klopp would rotate, Mou might not with Lukaku

FC Ronaldo

So is the opportunity for triple captain on Kane in two gameweeks the best option? I Guess Pep/Klopp would rotate, Mou might not with Lukaku
Yeah. The percentage play is to use all / most of your cards on double gameweeks. The 'free hit' one will most likely be used by everyone on the weeks where the big teams usually have cup games and the smaller sides that are knocked out of cups already then play each other.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Forgot to check my team... :( The fixtures come too thick and fast this time of year when there's so much alcohol about. Ended up with de Bruyne captain when I would have chosen Salah. Fingers crossed it works out by pure luck.

ROFLUTION

Yeah. The percentage play is to use all / most of your cards on double gameweeks. The 'free hit' one will most likely be used by everyone on the weeks where the big teams usually have cup games and the smaller sides that are knocked out of cups already then play each other.
cheers! makes much sense.. gotta squeeze every little drop out of those wildcards

IrishRedDevil

Captain Kane about to make those that don't have him panic! :)

Nice double game week for him next week too.

Last edited:

C3Pique

I'm the only person in the top 15 of my work league who actually has Kane in their team :lol:

Only gave him the (V) though so hopefully Salah (C) either doesn't play or gets some points.

Still winning though with 1079 points coming in to this week.