Fantasy Football 2017/18

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Anybody else had this ? It just appeared when I was trying to save my transfers :mad:

The game is being updated.

The game is currently being updated.

Please try again later when the updated scores / teams will be available.
Same here, last hour. Website and ap

Wankers. This is the 2nd time they’ve updated close to match time

Moonred

There's usually a game week later on when a fee of the smaller clubs play each other, that's what I'm saving my free hit for.

Not sure why people used it this week.
Yep. Mid Marchish for the Bgw where FH will come handy. Lot of people did use it this week though, hence the lack of price rises apart from Son rising by .1.

Moonred

-16 is ballsy. Good luck.

I didn’t even let myself take -4 this week, as I’ve been throwing too many points away with transfers. 4 points is essentially a goal.

I bought Salah for 9.0 so not a chance I’m selling and buying back for 10.0.
One hit for any of the DGW players is essentially a free transfer. But all these decisions only look good if it works.

kps88

Same here, last hour. Website and ap

Wankers. This is the 2nd time they’ve updated close to match time
It always starts updating once the deadline has passed. You can't make any changes during that time anyway.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
ffs I didn't release the deadline was so early. I have 5.4m sat in the bank to bring Kane in, and now 4 injured players :mad: That's the second deadline I've missed this Xmas. No idea how the players do it. Less alcohol probably helps.

IrishRedDevil

One hit for any of the DGW players is essentially a free transfer. But all these decisions only look good if it works.
Well not really, it's still -2.

Your existing player would get 2 points for playing his game and your new player gets 2+2 for playing 2 games. So your new player needs to get an assist to make it worthwhile. Then you have stockpiled players that are playing the DGW, in this case from West Ham and Spurs, so you might have to take a hit down the line to remove some of them.

Moonred

Well not really, it's still -2.

Your existing player would get 2 points for playing his game and your new player gets 2+2 for playing 2 games. So your new player needs to get an assist to make it worthwhile. Then you have stockpiled players that are playing the DGW, in this case from West Ham and Spurs, so you might have to take a hit down the line to remove some of them.
True. With decent planning it’s an easier hit to take than usual is my larger point.

JmRssll555

just sold him for this DGW
I also got rid of him to make room for Son for the DGW, but I’m getting Pogba back in now. He’s unlikely to be rested and our fixtures are pretty reasonable. At less than £8mil, he’s great value.

SirMattBugsby

He is my vice TC,you might done a good choice,if Kane get rested against Swansea.
Yeah, the way I saw it, using TC was not the risk, Kane was. So I gave it to the next most explosive guy.

It's probably the least important chip anyway, although it feels great if you get it right. My only regret is I gave it to the footballer with the most punchable face I've ever seen!

Time to welcome Pogba to my team. A steal for 7.9m.
Do you already have Lingard? He's killing it! Would have got him this week if it weren't for the stupid DGW.

IrishRedDevil

Yeah, the way I saw it, using TC was not the risk, Kane was. So I gave it to the next most explosive guy.

It's probably the least important chip anyway, although it feels great if you get it right. My only regret is I gave it to the footballer with the most punchable face I've ever seen!

Do you already have Lingard? He's killing it! Would have got him this week if it weren't for the stupid DGW.
No I don’t have Lingard and now I’m unsure what to do.

My team:

.................Adrian/Elliot
Christensen - Kenny - Otamendi (Ward)
Richarilson - Salah - Sterling - Zaha
........Firmino - Morata - Kane

I have 1.1 in the bank, which allows me to transfer Zaha for Pogba. I was also thinking about selling Ward for a 4.1 defender, which would allow me to transfer Zaha for the inform Mahrez. Now there is the Lingard option/headache.

Thoughts?

SirMattBugsby

No I don’t have Lingard and now I’m unsure what to do.

My team:

Christensen - Kenny - Otamendi (Ward)
Richarilson - Salah - Sterling - Zaha

I have 1.1 in the bank, which allows me to transfer Zaha for Pogba. I was also thinking about selling Ward for a 4.1 defender, which would allow me to transfer Zaha for the inform Mahrez. Now there is the Lingard option/headache.

Thoughts?
The way I see it, Lingard would occupy the Richarlison spot if you get him, while Pogba competes for M3 with Zaha. So they are not in direct competition. I prefer Pogba because it really upgrades your midfield.

Pogba vs Mahrez is the question here. Is Mahrez going to stay at Leicester? I think he's upped his performance to get a move, same as Sanchez. So I'd wait to see what happens till Jan 14.

IrishRedDevil

The way I see it, Lingard would occupy the Richarlison spot if you get him, while Pogba competes for M3 with Zaha. So they are not in direct competition. I prefer Pogba because it really upgrades your midfield.

Pogba vs Mahrez is the question here. Is Mahrez going to stay at Leicester? I think he's upped his performance to get a move, same as Sanchez. So I'd wait to see what happens till Jan 14.
Cheers.

I ended up buying Lingard and Mahrez last night. I couldn't wait as both their prices were about to rise overnight and also Ward and Richarlinson both dropped 0.1, so I had to strike as it would have been a 0.4 swing.
Lingard and Mahrez will both probably rise again before the next game too.

..Christensen - Kenny - Otamendi
Lingard - Salah - Sterling - Mahrez

Nickosaur

Think I need to get in Lingard soon before his price goes up again. Went up last night from 6.1 to 6.2 (still a bargain!). May take him out for Gross, but Gross has been insanely good for me this season :(

Ady87

Any input on this team? Used my FH this week but this is my regular side:

Foster (Elliot)
Christensen Kenny Bellerin (Zanka Mbemba)
Sterling Salah Lingard Richarlison (Carroll)
Kane Aguero Firmino

1 FT.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Cheers.

I ended up buying Lingard and Mahrez last night. I couldn't wait as both their prices were about to rise overnight and also Ward and Richarlinson both dropped 0.1, so I had to strike as it would have been a 0.4 swing.
Lingard and Mahrez will both probably rise again before the next game too.

..Christensen - Kenny - Otamendi
Lingard - Salah - Sterling - Mahrez
That’s a great team.

If you could get Aguero for Morata I think that would be close to the template right now (given the injury to Jesus).

I’m massively regretting the decision to sell Salah!

Nickosaur

From twitter:

".@TimesSport | Harry Kane is expected to start for Tottenham Hotspur against Swansea City this evening after overcoming illness. #THFC"

GET IN TRIPLE CAPTAIN KANE LADS!!!!!11!!!
Haha.

I chickened out of TCing Kane. I know a lot of guys in my mates league have done in. I just captained him, so I want him to do well, but not too well!

AlexUTD

Haha.

I chickened out of TCing Kane. I know a lot of guys in my mates league have done in. I just captained him, so I want him to do well, but not too well!
Not many in my money leagues dared to TC him cause of the illness but if Kane scores 2-3 goals tonight, everyone not TC him will be pulling your hair but he has blanked against lesser teams before so quietly optimistic.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pogba out for Son for -4.
Genius!

Oh well, delighted he played so well none the less!

coolredwine

lameredboots
What's up with Monreal? Should I get rid of him completely or wait for him to come back?

Can't find any reliable news on him.

AgentP

From twitter:

".@TimesSport | Harry Kane is expected to start for Tottenham Hotspur against Swansea City this evening after overcoming illness. #THFC"

GET IN TRIPLE CAPTAIN KANE LADS!!!!!11!!!
Same here. I also brought in Alli and Son for Coutinho and Salah. So far, it has worked out well! Now just need these three Spurs guys to deliver.

SteveTheRed

Pogba out for Son for -4.
Genius!

Oh well, delighted he played so well none the less!
Same boat but had a FT for it, I think I will bring him back in just hoping that Son goes up once more and Pogba stays at 7.9.

Other option is if D.Silva is not back for a while, keep Son and bring Pogba back (or Lingard).

coolredwine

lameredboots
You have plenty of time to make that decision since the next gameweek starts only on 13th.
Yeah, but these player values keep going up and down which fecks me over. I got Christensen at 5.7 (a day after his price rise) and fecker didn't start the games and now is on 5.6M. Waste of a transfer. :mad:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same boat but had a FT for it, I think I will bring him back in just hoping that Son goes up once more and Pogba stays at 7.9.

Other option is if D.Silva is not back for a while, keep Son and bring Pogba back (or Lingard).
It's been an awkward couple of game weeks showing the real highs and lows.
Captaining Hazard seemed certain, as a home game v Stoke was always going to be a battering. Also bringing in Morata for Kane as my 2 strikers were super weak cheapos to allow a good midfield 5. Remembering Morata and his hatrick away at Stoke early season.

Then Hazard doesn't play, instantly meaning Morata is less effective, and even in a 5-0 drubbing does jack all. I change from cursing not captaining Morata, (upon seeing Hazard out), to suddenly celebrating the pure luck in Salah scoring 2 as VC!

Hazard and Morata getting a 2 pointer from a 5-0 battering of Stoke is outrageously bad luck.

So, Morata back to Kane obviously - having regretted doing the reverse.

Was going to do Hazard to Ali or Eriksen, but for some reason decided Hazard at Arsenal was better than Pogba v Everton!

Oh well!
Least I didn't wazz the wildcard away!