Fantasy Football 2017/18

SteveTheRed

I don't think a 63 last year is exactly "only" material!
My 62 last week was 28th in our 78 strong work league.
43 say 46 with Silva is more average for sure
:lol: I love the "I only got.." posts in here, i'm guilty of it myself.

I only got 35...with KdB to play, now that is exactly "only" material when the weeks average is 35.

Should be an new thread rule, you can't moan about scores if you are at least 10 points above the average.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol: I love the "I only got.." posts in here, i'm guilty of it myself.

I only got 35...with KdB to play, now that is exactly "only" material when the weeks average is 35.

Should be an new thread rule, you can't moan about scores if you are at least 10 points above the average.
Fantasy footy scout is worse. You get idiots asking if huge scores are decent!

Roll on Everton beating City tonight, but De Bruyne going points mad. Without any contribution from Jesus and Aguero!
Bigger picture, i'd be delighted with Everton not losing though.

On another note, almost lost it when I saw the City lineup, and didn't instantly see Otamendi's name! My boss and rival in our work league has Alonso's 16 on the bench if Otamendi plays.....
Re-checking, and phew, he's in there! Just need them to concede now.

Last edited:

Jerch

It's a good team, maybe spread the money up front. I'm going with Firmino, Lukaku and Jesus next week. Huddersfield are the classic team coming up with the buzz of being in the league. That bubble will bust soon. De Bruyne is well expensive too, go with Ali or Erikson. Jese is an interesting one, going to get him soon but Stoke's fixtures are difficult. I think you should take Otamendi out for a wing back of City. These are just suggestions mine you, not like I'm ff king. It's so hard to know at times. I'm top of a small league but that's not saying much. Got 132 points with Gabriel Jesus to play, hardly fecking amazing. The biggest thing about ff is keeping patience and picking the right captain in my opinion.
What about that one? Strong midfield wild good options from the bench. Could go for 4:5:1 or 5:4:1 in some weeks.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Had a good gw. 67 while everyone else in my main league is below 40. A Jagielka clean sheet would've been really nice

Morpheus 7

What about that one? Strong midfield wild good options from the bench. Could go for 4:5:1 or 5:4:1 in some weeks.
That's a really strong team, amazing midfield. I honestly would play 3 at the back every time. Put the money towards a good third forward or midfielder. Just my opinion though

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
67 here as well. Have to get Pogba in now. KdB value is getting wasted. Not sure what to do.
Yeah I had Pogba in from the start. Knew he'd be good value. If Kane and Alli had done more than nothing it could've been a really strong gw.

Dazzmondo

Awful gw. 41 pts. Worst for me in a long time. A lot of players I've lost trust in, but will probably still wait until after the internationals to use my wildcard

Silas

De Bruyne's been playing too deep for my liking. Might swap him with Silva (David).

Last edited:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
56 points. Planning to keep KdB one more week as Bournemouth seem to be conceding a lot

Jerch

What is your opinion on Richarlison. He looked good in first two matches, is he worth 6m?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I usually don't really care about Fantasy Football, but I've already got 164 points after two weeks, so might have to care for a bit until it inevitably goes to shit

AgentP

Is it too early to use a wildcard? I know I should wait till international break is over but another week with a terrible score will push me way back and some of my player will depreciate too. Suggestions?

My team is
De Gea - Elliot
Bertrand - Cedric - Daniels - Alex Arnold - Rosenior
KDB - Salah - Atsu - Mooey - Loftus Cheek
Lukaku - Kane - Gabbiadini​

kps88

32 points. Fecking shocker, my worst week in ages. I've knee jerked and wildcarded. This is the earliest I've ever played a wildcard but I can't put up with another week of these guys stinking up my team.

Moonred

Is it too early to use a wildcard? I know I should wait till international break is over but another week with a terrible score will push me way back and some of my player will depreciate too. Suggestions?

My team is
De Gea - Elliot
Bertrand - Cedric - Daniels - Alex Arnold - Rosenior
KDB - Salah - Atsu - Mooey - Loftus Cheek
Lukaku - Kane - Gabbiadini​
I think its too early but I have had two good/decent mds so it's easy for me to say. Your team might need a banker defender and some work on the midfield(Pogba/Mkhi/Mane etc). KdB is giving me pain as well but I'll keep him for another week.

SteveTheRed

Christ, finished on 36 points. I'm seriously considering WC this week or next. I mean if I don't use it now I will 100% use it next week so why wait?

KdB is just too expensive to have someone your never going to captain. For that matter as well is it dumb to have Kane right now if Lukaku is your captain choice every week?

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Debating whether to bring in our Jones or not. Rojo is now back in training and Mou might rotate Jones given that CL is going to start.

And there's also the case of Jones getting injured on international break...

The CB position only Bailly can claim.

AgentP

Debating whether to bring in our Jones or not. Rojo is now back in training and Mou might rotate Jones given that CL is going to start.

And there's also the case of Jones getting injured on international break...

The CB position only Bailly can claim.
Jones will play as long as he is fit IMO. Rojo is still a long way off from being match fit. I can see some changes happening only after CL starts.

AgentP

Christ, finished on 36 points. I'm seriously considering WC this week or next. I mean if I don't use it now I will 100% use it next week so why wait?

KdB is just too expensive to have someone your never going to captain. For that matter as well is it dumb to have Kane right now if Lukaku is your captain choice every week?
I just gave in and used my wildcard. Mkhi's price has already gone up to 8.2. Found no point waiting any longer.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Meh buckled and reluctantly did KDB>Erikssen, partly to catch the price rise on Erikssen tonight and partly because I've seen enough in 2 games to wonder if KDB will become another one of Pep's wacky formation experiments.

I feel like it's gonna need a huge slice of luck to catch the right City players at the right time. Erikssen is a season keeper as long as he doesn't get injured.

Agreed about KDB. Not so sure on the second part. I've got both and feel like that gives me a great captain choice every week. I'll definitely take Kane this week over Lukaku.

SteveTheRed

Meh buckled and reluctantly did KDB>Erikssen, partly to catch the price rise on Erikssen tonight and partly because I've seen enough in 2 games to wonder if KDB will become another one of Pep's wacky formation experiments.

I feel like it's gonna need a huge slice of luck to catch the right City players at the right time. Erikssen is a season keeper as long as he doesn't get injured.

Agreed about KDB. Not so sure on the second part. I've got both and feel like that gives me a great captain choice every week. I'll definitely take Kane this week over Lukaku.
Agreed same as last season with City. Once cups & CL start your guess is as good as any for who will be in their midfield. Probably only player worth getting is Aguero? I will definitely bring Eriksen in when the WC comes out.

Are you going to Captain Kane this week? Knowing that Lukaku is 50%+ owned and we are on fire. It just seems a risk if you have already started well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Agreed same as last season with City. Once cups & CL start your guess is as good as any for who will be in their midfield. Probably only player worth getting is Aguero? I will definitely bring Eriksen in when the WC comes out.

Are you going to Captain Kane this week? Knowing that Lukaku is 50%+ owned and we are on fire. It just seems a risk if you have already started well.
I was 2nd in my work league first week and dropped down to 7th after a poor second one.

I just feel Kane has been unlucky not to score so far and fancy him v Burnley more than I do Lukaku against Leicester. Added to which if I don't throw the armband on him any time soon there's no point in me having him in the side like you say.

SirMattBugsby

Calm down guys, no need to WC after 1 crap GW (I got 40 btw). Just get in one of Pogba or Mkhitaryan whichever way you can. City, Pool and Spurs will do well this week so all those pricey mids you're thinking of selling.. beware.

SteveTheRed

Calm down guys, no need to WC after 1 crap GW (I got 40 btw). Just get in one of Pogba or Mkhitaryan whichever way you can. City, Pool and Spurs will do well this week so all those pricey mids you're thinking of selling.. beware.
Ahhh and breath...

Tbh i'm not sure if a WC is drastically needed or I just take another -4 hit next week (providing that KdB and Rodriguez continue to blank) thoughts?

Forster - Foster
Bellerin - Bertrand - Zanka - Francis(!) - Suttner
KdB - Willian - Pogba - Chabolah - Brunt
Lukaku - Kane - Rodriguez

JmRssll555

I've got McAuley (injured until 27th August), Walker (now suspended) and Rangel (not playing) so need to shake up my defence. I don't want to WC yet, as I'm generally happy with my team, however I'm considering taking a -4 hit to make two transfers.

This is my team:

Foster
Cedric Walker Daniels
Pogba Willian Matic Alli
Lukaku Kane Chicharito

Hart, Milivojevic, Rangel, McAuley

I'd like to get Bailly in and that would also force me to drop Matic, whom I think could be upgraded. Any suggestions on an alternative to Bailly though, as a direct Walker replacement?