Fantasy Football 2017/18

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Kane or Morata captain?

Morata has the easier game, but apparently Kane has never not scored against Arse

SteveTheRed

Kane or Morata captain?

Morata has the easier game, but apparently Kane has never not scored against Arse
I'm going for Kane, I think he is basically immune to fixtures and for the price he costs, I should captain him every week unless certain circumstances stop me.

SteveTheRed

Valid justification
Admittedly he hasn't got off to a great start, but he I'm not sure there are many teams that can stop him tactically, scores from distance, tap ins, free kicks, penalties etc. Don't know if you can tell but I am a fan of his :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Admittedly he hasn't got off to a great start, but he I'm not sure there are many teams that can stop him tactically, scores from distance, tap ins, free kicks, penalties etc. Don't know if you can tell but I am a fan of his :lol:
Why don't you just marry him :lol:

But yeah, you're right....specially with the cost thing as well.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lukaku or Kane as captain?

Lukaku:
Pros: Scored in the internationals and we know the kind of scoring runs he goes on
Poor Opponent
Cons: His record against newly promoted teams isn't very encouraging

Kane:
Pros:His record against Arsenal and other London clubs is fantastic
Cons: A tough fixture and Arsenal aren't as bad as people are making it out to be

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Lukaku or Kane as captain?

Lukaku:
Pros: Scored in the internationals and we know the kind of scoring runs he goes on
Poor Opponent
Cons: His record against newly promoted teams isn't very encouraging

Kane:
Pros:His record against Arsenal and other London clubs is fantastic
Cons: A tough fixture and Arsenal aren't as bad as people are making it out to be
I'm going Lukaku. IMO no point owning him if you aren't going to captain him against newly promoted teams at OT. The Spurs game will probably end 1-1. United could put 3 or 4 past Newcastle. He's my captain this week and next too.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Is Phil Jones injured?
Looks like it yes but then he's been flagged recently and played. Probably see what Mourinho says in the presser. Tbh if it's only 1 week then might as well use your bench options.

I've got Jones, Sterling and Aguero flagged so not sure what to do. Have already done my freebie transfer this week so reluctant to take hits if I can get away with it. Might be worth the minus 4 for something like Aguero>Lukaku/Morata, Jones>Daniels or Sterling>Martial/Fabregas but I think I'll hold on till tomorrow evening when hopefully there is some more info available.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Looks like it yes but then he's been flagged recently and played. Probably see what Mourinho says in the presser. Tbh if it's only 1 week then might as well use your bench options.

I've got Jones, Sterling and Aguero flagged so not sure what to do. Have already done my freebie transfer this week so reluctant to take hits if I can get away with it. Might be worth the minus 4 for something like Aguero>Lukaku/Morata, Jones>Daniels or Sterling>Martial/Fabregas but I think I'll hold on till tomorrow evening when hopefully there is some more info available.
See I used my free transfer to bring in Jones. Have Daniels on the bench so it's fine if he didn't play.

Can swap kun for Lukaku but reluctant because I won't be able to buy him back

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Took a hit last night - I’ve now got the team below which I’m really pleased with.

Elliot
Jones / Duffy / Moreno
Sterling / Richarlison / Salah / Sane
Lukaku / Kane / Morata​

Bench: Naughton, Carroll, Mbemba

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pogba back in for my free transfer this weekend. Sounds like there's about 80% chance of him playing this weekend so surely 100% the next.

Zlatan is a bit much at 10m considering he won't be the number 9.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Pogba back in for my free transfer this weekend. Sounds like there's about 80% chance of him playing this weekend so surely 100% the next.

Zlatan is a bit much at 10m considering he won't be the number 9.
Untimely risks, tbh. I have my eyes on Pogba but I want to wait and see how he progresses. He will be rusty for sure.

Zlatan is a long shot. At max, he and Lukaku will rotate which means I will look elsewhere.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Took a hit last night - I’ve now got the team below which I’m really pleased with.

Elliot
Jones / Duffy / Moreno
Sterling / Richarlison / Salah / Sane
Lukaku / Kane / Morata​

Bench: Naughton, Carroll, Mbemba
How the feck did you manage that midfield?

coolredwine

lameredboots
Forster
Ward - Monreal - Naughton
Gross - Silva - Richarlison - Sane
Lukaku - Kane (c) - Morata​

Elliot - Cedric - King - Mbemba

I am refraining from a transfer because I don't see much going atm. Rather have 2 FTs next weekend and strengthen the defense.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Untimely risks, tbh. I have my eyes on Pogba but I want to wait and see how he progresses. He will be rusty for sure.

Zlatan is a long shot. At max, he and Lukaku will rotate which means I will look elsewhere.
Yeah, good points all round. I got rid of Lukaku simply because it meant I could have Kane and Morata as well as a strong midfield, but it might have been a good idea because what you say too.

Pogba might go up .1 just coming back though. Might just take the punt. Imagine he'll be involved in a lot as there's not much coming from elsewhere.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Yeah, good points all round. I got rid of Lukaku simply because it meant I could have Kane and Morata as well as a strong midfield, but it might have been a good idea because what you say too.

Pogba might go up .1 just coming back though. Might just take the punt. Imagine he'll be involved in a lot as there's not much coming from elsewhere.
If I see Pogba's price moving, I will latch onto him. I have Silva at 8.2 to leverage :p We still have 2 decent fixtures before Arsenal and City show up.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
How the feck did you manage that midfield?
Yeah it’s nice isn’t it - really happy with that team.

I’ve built up decent team value which is how I can squeeze them in. That’s with getting Sane at 8.9m as well (when was as low as 8.2 previously).

I think when the Christmas period properly kicks off I’ll consider changing it slightly - potentially Sane to Silva to allow Mbemba to another 4.5

haram

Got Salah & Christensen in. Should never have taken Salah out.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Yeah it’s nice isn’t it - really happy with that team.

I’ve built up decent team value which is how I can squeeze them in. That’s with getting Sane at 8.9m as well (when was as low as 8.2 previously).

I think when the Christmas period properly kicks off I’ll consider changing it slightly - potentially Sane to Silva to allow Mbemba to another 4.5
But what about the defense? Jones definitely isn't playing this weekend. Moreno is fine for this weekend, but I am unsure of Brighton/Duffy and Newcastle.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
But what about the defense? Jones definitely isn't playing this weekend. Moreno is fine for this weekend, but I am unsure of Brighton/Duffy and Newcastle.
Not sure what you think is wrong with the defence. If Jones is injured this week then I'll play Duffy (home to Stoke), Moreno (home to Southampton) and Naughton (away to Burnley).

I prefer that to Ward, Monreal (against Spurs) and Naughton personally - and the midfield is obviously better as well, so I'm not concerned.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Not sure what you think is wrong with the defence. If Jones is injured this week then I'll play Duffy (home to Stoke), Moreno (home to Southampton) and Naughton (away to Burnley).

I prefer that to Ward, Monreal (against Spurs) and Naughton personally - and the midfield is obviously better as well, so I'm not concerned.
Well, my defense is shit. There's no doubt about that. :lol:

IrishRedDevil

Otamendi serving a suspension, so I took Daniels in for 4.8 as he has 5 decent fixtures coming up.

1.1m left in the bank, that I will use next week to upgrade Ritchie to either Zaha or Ramsey.

-----------Elliot / Foster
--- Ward - Daniels - Jones
Richarlison - Salah - Sane - Ritchie
-----Aguero - Morata - Kane

Team value: £103m.

SirMattBugsby

Otamendi serving a suspension, so I took Daniels in for 4.8 as he has 5 decent fixtures coming up.

1.1m left in the bank, that I will use next week to upgrade Ritchie to either Zaha or Ramsey.

-----------Elliot / Foster
--- Ward - Daniels - Jones
Richarlison - Salah - Sane - Ritchie
-----Aguero - Morata - Kane

Team value: £103m.
Once you've brought in Ramsey, we can discuss transfers together.. That's how similar my team is :wenger:

Yogesh911

-----------Elliot / Pope
--- Azpi- Daniels - Jones - Moreno - Lawton
Sterling - Salah - Sane - Shaqiri - Fernandinho
-----Niasse - Morata - Kane

Hey guys I have my Wild card active for another 30 minutes & I am panicking.

1)Should I get a United forward - Luk or Rash in as we'll definitely do well these 3 easy games
2)Kane Captain or should I go for a differential as I'm playing catch up in my group.

Open to suggestions/last second changes.

P.S:I have 0.3 in the bank

coolredwine

lameredboots
-----------Elliot / Pope
--- Azpi- Daniels - Jones - Moreno - Lawton
Sterling - Salah - Sane - Shaqiri - Fernandinho
-----Niasse - Morata - Kane

Hey guys I have my Wild card active for another 30 minutes & I am panicking.

1)Should I get a United forward - Luk or Rash in as we'll definitely do well these 3 easy games
2)Kane Captain or should I go for a differential as I'm playing catch up in my group.

Open to suggestions/last second changes.

P.S:I have 0.3 in the bank
Kane captain.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks like I'm gonna go for Salah in over Eriksen. Shame cos Eriksen has been in my team all this season and last and consistently brought in points