Fantasy Premier League 18/19

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Neves has an extremely high ownership but he plays fairly deep, correct? From everything I’ve read Jota is a much better Wolves pick.

SteveTheRed

You can play a 3-4-3, defenders don't score as many points as strikers!
Whilst that's true in the long run, defenders do pretty well early on in the season. Change the formation later when games start to open up.

Why start with Kane, surely he will be out first two weeks, no?
Why is that? Resting still from the world cup or something else?

podurban2

Neves has an extremely high ownership but he plays fairly deep, correct? From everything I’ve read Jota is a much better Wolves pick.
That’s why Neves is £5.0 and Jota is £6.5. I guess it has more to do with fitting either of them into your team.

SteveTheRed

That’s what I thought.
He said he is back with the squad on the 6th, hoping to play the opener...maybe he will miss the first game of the season but I can't see them benching him a week later. Spurs need him even if it is August!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That’s why Neves is £5.0 and Jota is £6.5. I guess it has more to do with fitting either of them into your team.
Just think there are better options at £5.0. Neves is a sexy pick but I don’t think he’ll produce many points.

podurban2

Just think there are better options at £5.0. Neves is a sexy pick but I don’t think he’ll produce many points.
I'm sure, it's just why he is popular. What other options are there (besides Kante)?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm sure, it's just why he is popular. What other options are there (besides Kante)?
Neves is popular for the same reason Kante is. People know they are good players, look at their 'cheap' price tag and automatically draw the conclusion that these are good FPL picks.

Cairney is quite comfortably a better option than the two above.

onemanarmy

No he isn't. Players of his type are the worst options in FPL.
For that price? Jorginho would be the same type of player I think. I spent a lot on Lingard, Sané and Felipe Anderson, who are pretty much guaranteed to score lots of points.

I might sell Lingard and spend the £ 12.0 on 2 £6.0 million players. Doucouré and one other player.

podurban2

Neves is popular for the same reason Kante is. People know they are good players, look at their 'cheap' price tag and automatically draw the conclusion that these are good FPL picks.

No I agree, never saw the point in buying Kante.

Wilshere for £5.0 looks intriguing, or am I missing something?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

I was considering him but got scared away by Schurrle. They play the same position no?

No I agree, never saw the point in buying Kante.

Wilshere for £5.0 looks intriguing, or am I missing something?
Didn't think about him... might be worth a shout.

Macern

Pee pee pants
You can play a 3-4-3, defenders don't score as many points as strikers!
Hmm, that depends. I would have to bring in someone who scores a lot, and I don’t think there are too many affordable players who does that. Could go for 3-5-2 though, and bring in someone like Cairney.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In fairness, Neves potentially has penalty duties I think? Which would make him a better pick at that price than someone like Kante imo.

kps88

Keeping an eye on Pedro at 6.5. Could be a steal if he starts for Chelsea.

MUFC OK

No he isn't. Players of his type are the worst options in FPL.
Allows you to save money and spend on premium defenders/attacker to be fair. I'm thinking a Mid of Salah, 9.5, 5, 5, 4.5 could enable premium investment elsewhere?

Perhaps along the lines of

Fabianski​
Azpi, Trippier, Mendy, TAA
Salah, Sane, Cairney, Neves
Auba, Aguero​

Subs: Ryan, Wan Bissaka, 4.5, 4.5

Edit: Not denying that Kante is a poor pick, mainly due to the fact he's a cdm with rare attacking returns and little bonus potential, so we probably agree.

kps88

Agree, that could be an early transfer. I've got Richarlison so it will depend where Everton use him.
Same here but Everton's preseason form is giving me second thoughts. I might do a swap for Pedro once if he starts in the Community Shield.

C3Pique

My latest draft has 3.0m in the bank for GW1, with Salah, Sanchez and Mahrez in MF but no premium strikers.

I'd put Aubameyang in but it'd mean downgrading Sanchez and his first 2 fixtures are tough and could see his value drop. Beyond that I don't know for sure that Aguero, Firmino or Lukaku will start GW1 either, so going just with Tosun and Zaha for now.

klsv

I edit my team atleast twice per day by now :(

Currently with a starting XI of:
--------------Ederson
Robertson - Azpi - Cedric - Mendy
Eriksen - Richarlison - Mkhi - Salah
-----Aubameyang - Zaha

Nothing in the bank. I need to figure out who to use in the midfield next to Mkhitaryan and Richarlison. With Arse's first match against City. I don't feel comfortable with two of their attacking players in the squad. Then again, City will not be with a full squad while Arse up for starting the post-Wenger era with a bang? I hate this game.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
@Indnyc Is this locked to certain members only as it wont allow me to access the link to obtain the code needed?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
who are people's best bargain picks, I think Schlupp who has been playing left midfield for palace at £4.5 is a decent pick and Hughes at Watford for £5m could go well

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
Neves plays quite deep, but had a decent scoring record in the Championship (scored 6 goals last season, all long-range hits). It very much remains to be seen if he can nick a few goals in the Premiership though.

It's tough to say whether he or Jorginho are worth a gamble.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
week 1 lineup is now

DDG

Schlupp - Mendy - Cedric

Mahrez, Mane, Salah, Hughes

Quarner - Aguero - Firminho

Bench is 4m 4m 4m 4.5m

might drop Aguero for another premium m/f and keep a few quid in the bank

podurban2

week 1 lineup is now

DDG

Schlupp - Mendy - Cedric

Bench is 4m 4m 4m 4.5m

Is Quaner a starter for Huddersfield?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
week 1 lineup is now

DDG

Schlupp - Mendy - Cedric

Bench is 4m 4m 4m 4.5m

Keeping a fair few quid in the bank by the looks of it. Is that wise? I wouldn't really wanting to be starting the lines of Quaner, Schlupp, Hughes and Cedric regularly with even more dross on the bench pre wildcard or not.

James Peril

Man United, Liverpool and Man City have strong fixtures the first ten games. Arsenal have a very easy run from game 3, Chelsea fairly okay, same with Tottenham. Palace and Soton okay in terms of getting a few defensive points over the first 5-10 games.

The big red flag is West Ham, look at their schedule and stay away from Arnautovic et al.

podurban2

Man United, Liverpool and Man City have strong fixtures the first ten games. Arsenal have a very easy run from game 3, Chelsea fairly okay, same with Tottenham. Palace and Soton okay in terms of getting a few defensive points over the first 5-10 games.

The big red flag is West Ham, look at their schedule and stay away from Arnautovic et al.
Everton also have a good set of fixtures first 10.

Also why I’m staying clear of Arnautovic.

roseguy64

Current players selected are:
Patricio, Ryan

Cresswell, Lascelles, Shaw, Tarkowski, Zanka

Pogba, Neves, Milivojevic, De Bruyne, Sessegnon

Lukaku, Kane, Perez

Very unsure about this. Especially the midfield.

coolredwine

lameredboots
DDG
Tomkins, Robertson, Ward, Davies
Sanchez, Felipe Anderson, Sessegnon, Eriksen
Aguero, Firmino

Fabianski, Quaner, Kelly, Neves
Any comments, lads?

coolredwine

lameredboots
Current players selected are:
Patricio, Ryan

Cresswell, Lascelles, Shaw, Tarkowski, Zanka

Pogba, Neves, Milivojevic, De Bruyne, Sessegnon

Lukaku, Kane, Perez

Very unsure about this. Especially the midfield.
Pogba and Lukaku are unlikely to play. KdB has just returned from holidays. Cresswell plays against Liverpool. Question marks over Shaw's performances. Don't think Zanka has good fixtures in the beginning.