g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 18/19

podurban2

Nope, prefers a 4-back line. Pre-season will probably tell if Alonso is a certain-starter or has competition.

FantasyFootballScout made an article about how Sarri's fullbacks don't have that much end product usually, so he probably wont get the same returns as last year
Hmm, if that’s true, I wonder which high-end defender one should go for this season..

SteveTheRed

Just tweaked my team and did

Fabregas > Sanchez
Aguero > Zaha

Hmm... now I see it written down i'm not so sure!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This season is perfect for an early wildcard once all the WC players are back in contention.

What’s the consensus with Salah on here? I see quite a few teams with him not in which seems like a huge risk to me. With such high ownership and most captaining him you’ll be playing catch up immediately if you don’t have him. If he has a quiet few weeks, easy enough to ease him out.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Hmm that sounds like more game time for Gundogan (5.5) or somehow Mahrez.. Even Foden
I can see Mahrez playing in the middle, I read reports he did for the second half against Liverpool the other day. Think possibly Gundo will rotate with Ferna

podurban2

This season is perfect for an early wildcard once all the WC players are back in contention.

What’s the consensus with Salah on here? I see quite a few teams with him not in which seems like a huge risk to me. With such high ownership and most captaining him you’ll be playing catch up immediately if you don’t have him. If he has a quiet few weeks, easy enough to ease him out.
Don’t really see why. Salah is pretty difficult to fit into your team considering there are other ~£10 perfectly good midfield options (Erikssen, Sane, Etc). Forwards are harder to come by. Once Kane gets back it will be easier to get him into the team instead of one of Auba (£11), Aguero (£11), Firmino (£9.5) or similar.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Don’t really see why. Salah is pretty difficult to fit into your team considering there are other ~£10 perfectly good midfield options (Erikssen, Sane, Etc). Forwards are harder to come by. Once Kane gets back it will be easier to get him into the team instead of one of Auba (£11), Aguero (£11), Firmino (£9.5) or similar.
If Salah starts well and you don’t have him you’re struggling. It’s easier to take him out than bring him in a few weeks later.

SteveTheRed

If Salah starts well and you don’t have him you’re struggling. It’s easier to take him out than bring him in a few weeks later.
If he is that essential, most people will be doing an early WC anyway so they will fit him in. If he flops, then £13m is a lot of money wasted.

devil in me

I've gambled on no Salah and have Mane instead, in the hope that at 4.5m cheaper he can be close to Salah in terms of stats. I'd be very surprised if he had another season like last, but it is a gamble. If he starts off on fire I'll just have to cut my lossed and force him in if he starts off well.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I was going to not have Salah then saw the difference he made in their friendly against City and that has forced my hand.

Not having any City attaching players this year. They cost a lot, they get rotated and they evenly spread the points. Not worth it.

ROFLUTION

I was going to not have Salah then saw the difference he made in their friendly against City and that has forced my hand.

Not having any City attaching players this year. They cost a lot, they get rotated and they evenly spread the points. Not worth it.
How was he? Just saw his goal was offside, but did he look like the Salah from last season? And how about Mane?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
How was he? Just saw his goal was offside, but did he look like the Salah from last season? And how about Mane?
He came on, instantly made a difference. Scored one, set up Mane for a sitter who fluffed it. Mane looked good too tbf. But that was against a weakened City team so maybe it's not quite accurate how he'll play.

Neo_Mufc

The reasons I have left Salah out for first week or so till I'm convinced otherwise is:

1. Liverpool have 6 favourable opening fixtures but 13million is a lot and I think spending the extra 6 million and getting Firminho and Mane could work out better(I may be wrong).

2. How likely is it that he hits those same numbers again? Keita seems a bit more attacking and I don't think Salah will be expected to carry this team like he did last year. I'd be surprised if he gets the same amount of points as last year.

He could have a great few months because he knows he will be out in January due to the African Nations. Just a thought.

My biggest problem at the moment is my draft team. I ended up with Phil Jones and Victor Moses. Both who I believe will be shafted out this season to the bench. Any advice who I should swap them for? Kompany is still available. I was thinking to bring in Luke Shaw for the first match.

SteveTheRed

He came on, instantly made a difference. Scored one, set up Mane for a sitter who fluffed it. Mane looked good too tbf. But that was against a weakened City team so maybe it's not quite accurate how he'll play.
I just have a feeling Mane is going to get a load of goals this season, probably finish equal pegging with Salah. I just think teams will be trying to shut out Salah and leave Mane open to few more chances.

IrishRedDevil

The reasons I have left Salah out for first week or so till I'm convinced otherwise is:

1. Liverpool have 6 favourable opening fixtures but 13million is a lot and I think spending the extra 6 million and getting Firminho and Mane could work out better(I may be wrong).

2. How likely is it that he hits those same numbers again? Keita seems a bit more attacking and I don't think Salah will be expected to carry this team like he did last year. I'd be surprised if he gets the same amount of points as last year.

He could have a great few months because he knows he will be out in January due to the African Nations. Just a thought.

My biggest problem at the moment is my draft team. I ended up with Phil Jones and Victor Moses. Both who I believe will be shafted out this season to the bench. Any advice who I should swap them for? Kompany is still available. I was thinking to bring in Luke Shaw for the first match.
The African Cup of Nations has moved to the summer.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The only things that matter with regards to Salah afaic are his price and his ownership. You can speculate all you want about what he may or may not do next season but really you're only trying to convince yourself of a reason not to own him.

He's the most owned player in the game and the most expensive. If I don't own him it will take me at least 2 transfers to get him in if I need to as well having to play catch up to any points I've missed in the meantime. Liverpool home to West Ham gw1. No thanks.

Last edited:

SteveTheRed

The only things that matter with regards to Salah afaic are his price and his ownership. You can speculate all you want about what he may or may not do next season but really you're only trying to convince yourself of a reason not to own him.

He's the most owned player in the game and the most expensive. If I don't own him it will take me at least 2 transfers to get him in if I need to as well having to play catch up to any points I've missed on the meantime. Liverpool home to West Ham gw1. No thanks.
Stop your talking. You are clouding my judgement :lol: Salah is going to flop and that's the end of it.

When In Rome

Supports
Neutral
Why do I rarely see Heung Min Son in you guys' lineups? Is there something about him and GW1 I've missed out on?
He will play the first game but then will fly out to the Asia Games as in his terms he must do national service and the only way he can get out of it is if he helps his country win this competition - heard it on talkSPORT but reckon this is genuine enough. Son will return to Spurs after the tournament.

ROFLUTION

He's the most owned player in the game and the most expensive. If I don't own him it will take me at least 2 transfers to get him in if I need to as well having to play catch up to any points I've missed in the meantime. Liverpool home to West Ham gw1. No thanks.
These are probably the best arguments that I see too. Of all players in the game, I don't see many players that are "sure" to make points in the first two weeks neither - so he'd be a reliable captain compared to other teams too.

When In Rome

Supports
Neutral

Fair points. If I was tempted to take Mo out (which I'm not for the time being), I'd go Mane and Keita for the extra 4m as for me Bobby just isn't consistent enough.

Neo_Mufc

Fair points. If I was tempted to take Mo out (which I'm not for the time being), I'd go Mane and Keita for the extra 4m as for me Bobby just isn't consistent enough.
Yeh, I am tempted to put Salah in I really do want to but that extra 3 or so million means the difference between having the likes of a Sebastian gross/ Jota type player than a premium one which I would prefer.

Everyone is going to go Salah + Captain and whilst if it doesn't work they can easily swap him out and bring someone else I'd rather do it the other way.

Every defence is going to be up Salah's backside next season, that is going to be the real test.

I still think he will hit something like 20-25 goals and 5-10 assists.

James Hocking

What do you all think of my team? I plan to make changes once all World Cup players return but am hoping this will get me through. Would love to get ddg in but not sure where I can make savings

Fabianski
Shaw VVD Tarkwoski
Sanchez Eriksen Mane Cairney
Zaha Aubameyang Firminho

Subs - Speroni Neves Cederic Wan-Bisaka

Cantonaaa!

What do you all think of my team? I plan to make changes once all World Cup players return but am hoping this will get me through. Would love to get ddg in but not sure where I can make savings

Fabianski
Shaw VVD Tarkwoski
Sanchez Eriksen Mane Cairney
Zaha Aubameyang Firminho

Subs - Speroni Neves Cederic Wan-Bisaka
Shaw is a bit of a gamble maybe, but he'll probably start. Maybe rotated though but you have Cedric on the bench, as do I.
Rest of the team looking strong, but as @Dirty Schwein said will Cairney play and should he maybe be on your bench? Also I keep reading that Neves might not be a very good Fantasy player.. to deep and often assist the assister.

James Hocking

Shaw is a bit of a gamble maybe, but he'll probably start. Maybe rotated though but you have Cedric on the bench, as do I.
Rest of the team looking strong, but as @Dirty Schwein said will Cairney play and should he maybe be on your bench? Also I keep reading that Neves might not be a very good Fantasy player.. to deep and often assist the assister.
Yeah I only plan to have shaw at the beginning and I will have a defender as first sub incase he doesn’t play. Neves and Cairney are tricky ones because they are so cheap. Was thinking of Jorghino but again he is more defensive. Who is your goalie out of interest?

C3Pique

Redrafted my team again:

Ederson
Shaw / Davies / Coleman / Ward
Salah / Sanchez / Mahrez / Jorginho
Auba / Zaha

Boruc/Cairney/Wan-Bis/Kamara

Bench is weak af but I'm gambling on some of those starters going up in value first few GWs.

Will also probably go for Schmeichel or Pickford if they go to Chelsea.

Cantonaaa!

Yeah I only plan to have shaw at the beginning and I will have a defender as first sub incase he doesn’t play. Neves and Cairney are tricky ones because they are so cheap. Was thinking of Jorghino but again he is more defensive. Who is your goalie out of interest?
I currently have Foster and Ryan but that might change. Seen decent fpl accounts on twitter go for Patricio and Fabri..(both 4.5)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't like Zaha as a pick at all now he's down as a striker.

Monitoring the Burnley keeper scenario, with both main choices injured, Lindgaard might be a bargain. Although he's not actually in the game at the moment!

Anyone know if Kamara is likely to start for Fulham? 4.5m striker could be decent.

Aguero/Firminho, and Salah/Eriksen are my big hitters at the moment. Half an eye on Auba but with those first 2 games it's a bit awkward.

Maguire/Van Dyke as two centre backs who can score for now as well, best if we've signed the former, so his first game isn't us away!

ROFLUTION

Current team:

Ederson
Smalling - Mendy - Shaw - Baines
Salah - Richarlison - Sanchez
Zaha - Tosun - Firmino

In the bank: 1.5

Under consideration: Switch Richarlison? - Aubameyang (in form)? - Chris Wood instead of Zaha? Other inputs?

Strategy so far:
- No subs for the first two rounds - Save about 1.5 in case I need to switch to other horses (Firmino to Auba) (Zaha/Sanchez to Auba/Mkhi) or whoever hits form from City.
- Have at least 3 long-lasting defenders (Smalling, Mendy, Baines)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I can essentially have Salah plus Tosun or Mane plus Aguero... Such a tough choice.

Leaning towards the first option because Salah is a solid Captain and Tosun is a guaranteed starter whereas Aguero will be rotated, which is not ideal for someone that costs 11m!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Interesting Mane seems to be on penalties for Liverpool this season

ROFLUTION

Any recommendations on defenders for 4.5 - 5? Looking for someone with a good programme
Interesting Mane seems to be on penalties for Liverpool this season
Im a bit puzzled by this too. Could mean Mane > Firmino