Fantasy Premier League 18/19

podurban2

Very tempted to buy one of City’s defenders considering their easy run of fixtures in the first few weeks. But how will they line-up? Stones/Laporte/Otamendi? 3 or 4 man back-line?

Anyone knows?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Very tempted to buy one of City’s defenders considering their easy run of fixtures in the first few weeks. But how will they line-up? Stones/Laporte/Otamendi? 3 or 4 man back-line?

Anyone knows?
Nobody knows that. You'd expect Laporte to start a few games in place of a post world cup John Stones and Vincent Kompany though so maybe him with Ottamendi at centre back? Best bet is to wait and see what happens in the Community Shield.

fwiw I've got Mendy in at the moment with Pickford in goal. But I'm weighing up the pro's and cons of Pickford & Mendy vs Ederson & Coleman.

SteveTheRed

Does anyone know who Chelsea are targeting for a replacement goalkeeper? If Schmeichel goes there, he would a great pick all season!

I've got him already but at Chelsea he would rack up points.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Alexis & Firminho vs. Salah and Tosun?

Getting cold feet about leaving Salah out now :lol:

coolredwine

lameredboots

Anyone knows?
Should be 4 at the back unless something drastic happens. I am guessing RB - Laporte - Stones/Kompany - Mendy

ROFLUTION

Of course it's a game of gambles, but you're better off with than without imo.

Think he has a chance of scoring against both personally, but I'm starting with Aguero and probably switching to Auba. Only issue with that is if his price goes up.

Does anyone know how quickly they start moving? Is it based on how many bring the player in once the season has kicked off?
Got the same plan. In short yes, but it's a little more advanced than that.

As I understand it, up until round 1 is where the player's "delta" is established. It's sort of like a calibration of how much it takes(transfers) for a player to move in price.

Say Salah is owned by 45% then he will have a certain delta.. Then in the rounds after, the delta is used to hold against, with how many players that switches Salah in or out. So if 150.000 teams take him out, it will maybe affect his price -0.1 or -0.2. But if a less owned player like Schürrle (2%) has 500.000 owners, and 150.000 teams take him out, then he will probably drop around -0.4 (unrealistic I know, but it's just to show the example)

So with Auba, 25% owns him now, which is quite high considering his two bad first fixtures. If he doesn't perform against City, I think he will be subbed out quite a lot, also because there's always a lot of first-time FPL-managers who jumps the gun. But if he scores against City, then people will probably stick with him against Chelsea.

In short, my prediction is:
Auba scores 0 against City: 0.0 or -0.1 change
Auba scores 1 against City: 0.0 or 0.1 change
Auba scores 2 against City: 0.1 or 0.2 change

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Got the same plan. In short yes, but it's a little more advanced than that.

As I understand it, up until round 1 is where the player's "delta" is established. It's sort of like a calibration of how much it takes(transfers) for a player to move in price.

Say Salah is owned by 45% then he will have a certain delta.. Then in the rounds after, the delta is used to hold against, with how many players that switches Salah in or out. So if 150.000 teams take him out, it will maybe affect his price -0.1 or -0.2. But if a less owned player like Schürrle (2%) has 500.000 owners, and 150.000 teams take him out, then he will probably drop around -0.4 (unrealistic I know, but it's just to show the example)

So with Auba, 25% owns him now, which is quite high considering his two bad first fixtures. If he doesn't perform against City, I think he will be subbed out quite a lot, also because there's always a lot of first-time FPL-managers who jumps the gun. But if he scores against City, then people will probably stick with him against Chelsea.

In short, my prediction is:
Auba scores 0 against City: 0.0 or -0.1 change
Auba scores 1 against City: 0.0 or 0.1 change
Auba scores 2 against City: 0.1 or 0.2 change
Got it, cheers. That's some serious FPL knowledge right there.

Think I'm happy with my gamble of not bringing him in right away then. If he scores I probably will asap, in case his price does go up.

ROFLUTION

Got it, cheers. That's some serious FPL knowledge right there.

Think I'm happy with my gamble of not bringing him in right away then. If he scores I probably will asap, in case his price does go up.
No problem! I usually use this site/tool to check when prices go up, so I buy a player early in the week if I can see he's about to change in price. OR more importantly if I have to sell a player before he drops in price.
http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

If someone goes above 100% in the target column to the right, they should change in price about 3o clock in the night I think.
It's not completely reliable all the time though. But in 99% of the cases they change if they go above the 100% target

Adcuth

Unbelievable. I know they're getting a left back on loan from Atletico Madrid but I was looking forward to seeing Douglas and Doherty in the Prem, I had considered Douglas in my team's backline.
Can't even trade that guy in for Douglas, sure FPL has him classed as a midfielder

ROFLUTION

Is Sane a guaranteed starter? Man city makes this game so fecking difficult
I would say he is for the first 3-4 weeks. Sterling comes back around GW2, and then he probably rotates with Mahrez, as Mahrez doesn't really play so much on the left I think. But Sterling can also play left-wing - I do think Sane is sort of safe for the first 3-4 rounds though.

Personally I'll stick with the safe ones: Mendy, Ederson and then see how Pep picks his team (Aguero vs Jesus). I only think De Bruyne will be nailed on in the long term when he comes back. Maybe Silva will be safe too.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I would say he is for the first 3-4 weeks. Sterling comes back around GW2, and then he probably rotates with Mahrez, as Mahrez doesn't really play so much on the left I think. But Sterling can also play left-wing - I do think Sane is sort of safe for the first 3-4 rounds though.

Personally I'll stick with the safe ones: Mendy, Ederson and then see how Pep picks his team (Aguero vs Jesus). I only think De Bruyne will be nailed on in the long term when he comes back. Maybe Silva will be safe too.
Might just have Ederson. City are amazing going forward but rotation risk plus the fact the players all chip in and share the points makes them not worth the super high prices.

When In Rome

Supports
Neutral
Maybe worth waiting a couple of weeks for Auba considering his first two games are against City and Chelsea?
I get that although as we know, anything can happen in football - "Aubameyang double as Arsenal defeat the champions 2-1" is quite a potential headline perhaps.

When In Rome

Supports
Neutral
Does anyone know who Chelsea are targeting for a replacement goalkeeper? If Schmeichel goes there, he would a great pick all season!
I heard they are signing Rob Evergreen - he must have a bus pass by now!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Tosun seems to be a popular choice alongside Arnautovic. People expect a big season from them?

I currently have them but only because I don't have the cash for any expensive striker bar Aguero

GledTheRed

Fabianski
Bellerin Mendy Maguire
Sanchez Keita Salah Jorginho
Aubameyang Zaha Arnoutovic

Speroni Neves Diop Wan-Bissaka

Rate my latest efforts guys

Feeling it?

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Fabianski
Bellerin Mendy Maguire
Sanchez Keita Sanchez Jorginho

Feeling it?
It's decent but since caution:
Keita and Jorginho both new to the league.
You have to arsenal players, who play man city and Chelsea first two weeks
Zaha I hear has been played out wide in pre season

Who do people rate from Tosun, Zaha and Arnautovic?

Think their 7 price tag might be a deciding factor in the opening few weeks.

Below 7 there is absolutely no one id feel comfertable with.

ROFLUTION

Fabianski
Bellerin Mendy Maguire
Sanchez Keita Sanchez Jorginho

Feeling it?
How did you multiply Sanchez? Is One Salah?

Not sure why you'd go for the Arsenal players or Jorginho, Keita neither. two bad games for arsenal and the end product is not big in Keita or Jorginho. Find some wingers or attacking misfielders instead, Id say.

GledTheRed

It's decent but since caution:
Keita and Jorginho both new to the league.
You have to arsenal players, who play man city and Chelsea first two weeks
Zaha I hear has been played out wide in pre season

Who do people rate from Tosun, Zaha and Arnautovic?

Think their 7 price tag might be a deciding factor in the opening few weeks.

Below 7 there is absolutely no one id feel comfertable with.
I don't really look at fixtures anymore, the premier league is a random goal fest theses days. My defenders are more for attacking threat rather then clean sheets. Keita looks fantastic and has around a goal every four games in his last couple of seasons. Jorginho is a cheap rotation option with Neves. Aubameyang scored 10 in 1000 minutes last season and his goalscoring record for BVB was brilliant. Zaha looked brilliant last six months of the season and he is Palace's penalty taker now i believe? I think Arnoutovic will be an absolute steal and think WHU have a really good looking team this season.

GledTheRed

How did you multiply Sanchez? Is One Salah?

Not sure why you'd go for the Arsenal players or Jorginho, Keita neither. two bad games for arsenal and the end product is not big in Keita or Jorginho. Find some wingers or attacking misfielders instead, Id say.
Yeah Salah matey, i think Keita will play as Liverpool' furthest forward midfielder and they score goals for fun.

Cantonaaa!

Tosun seems to be a popular choice alongside Arnautovic. People expect a big season from them?

I currently have them but only because I don't have the cash for any expensive striker bar Aguero
Think Evertons fixtures in the first ten games or so is a factor. Also
-M.Silva managing Richarlison again
-Rooney gone and Sigurdson cementing the number 10 position.
All of this benefits Tosun, who had decent stats last season.

Arnautovic had pretty high ownership percentages last season, so I guess he'll be even more popular this time around. Both (Zaha too) great bargain forwards if you want a midfield of Salah, De Bruyne, Eriksen etc.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Are people selecting [Irrelevant point] again? He always getting goals. But very expensive.

Cantonaaa!

Are people selecting [Irrelevant point] again? He always getting goals. But very expensive.
Never again. Totally fecked me over twice last season.
I'm going with Robertson, Daniels, Coleman (Cedric and Bennet). Hope it'll be okay, although I suspect I'll trade up for Azpi, Vertonghen and the usual suspects when I see how many clean sheets I'm missing.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Never again. Totally fecked me over twice last season.
I'm going with Robertson, Daniels, Coleman (Cedric and Bennet). Hope it'll be okay, although I suspect I'll trade up for Azpi, Vertonghen and the usual suspects when I see how many clean sheets I'm missing.
Haha what did he do?

Cantonaaa!

Haha what did he do?
He scored three goals in six matches and was tearing up my mini league, so I bought him. After a couple of games he wasn't in the squad for two rounds so I sold him. Brought him back again, just before he was suspended I believe, right at the end of the season, missing a few important rounds so I had to sell him, again. All I got was one assist.

When In Rome

Supports
Neutral
Feeling it?
Not at the moment but I like your team. Guess I'm not convinced that Fabianski will take over from Adrian right away, Jorginho - tempting as is Fabinho but again, not sure if they'll be starters, otherwise my front three is the same and you've got a strong squad there I think.

ROFLUTION

Will Sarri be playing with wingbacks? If not I'd prefer Azpilicueta.
Nope, prefers a 4-back line. Pre-season will probably tell if Alonso is a certain-starter or has competition.

FantasyFootballScout made an article about how Sarri's fullbacks don't have that much end product usually, so he probably wont get the same returns as last year

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So will Lukaku be ready for gameweek 1?

He doesn't seem to be in many people's fantasy teams.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

No, Guardiola stated Silva is going to be playing far less this season