Fantasy Premier League 18/19

SteveTheRed

Bloody pep and his 59th min sub. Pep Guardiola is my idol strikes again.

I've done the hokey cokey and swapped Aguero to Auba...now who to captain?

Auba away against a shockingly bad Huddersfield, Arsenal will surely bounce back win with some conviction...or Salah against Bournemouth at home, he's already scored a hat trick against them this season, they are always open to conceding goals. Tough choice.

gaz1185

Auba has been ill today but should be OK for Saturday apparently. Makes me really consider that (c) going to Salah now.

ROFLUTION

Beginning my masterplans to go about blank gw31.. Goal is to slowly filll up the squad for gw31 in a smart way and then probably wildcard in gw32

Saving up a transfer now, then -4 to get 3 x Leicester in (great fixturelist: Schmeichel, Perreira, Maddison) for GW27.. then depending on who goes through of United v Chelsea, I'll sub accordingly in GW 29 where my Arsenal players hit a bad-fixture streak.. So either Alonso+Higu or Arnautovic+Mane and possibly Rondon (good fixtures)

.. and then Before GW31 I'll sub some more to have about 9-11 players playing in Blank GW31..

It'll probably be a team like this if we send out Chelsea from the FA cup:

Schmeichel
Pereira - Arnold - Alonso - Lovren
Anderson - Salah - Maddison
Arnie - Rondon - Higuain

Planning for GW31/GW32 starts now to get in enough players. Tough decisions and hope i dont "overplan"

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Made a mistake by not going for Son a day earlier. Had to bring him in last night for 8.7 when I could have brought him in for 8.6. :/

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Made a mistake by not going for Son a day earlier. Had to bring him in last night for 8.7 when I could have brought him in for 8.6. :/
Well he's £8.8m now and I'm still not sure whether to get him in. I think if you've got the money it doesn't matter at this stage of this season. Better to wait and make more informed decisions nearer the deadline.

I'm now thinking Mane might be the better bet. Good fixture this week, doesn't blank in 27 (admittedly against us), good fixtures after that and doesn't blank in 31 either so sets me up for a FH32 strategy. Oh and he's scored 3 in 3.

Other transfer was gonna be Aguero to Auba but his illness has given me pause for thought along with Aguero's form and record against big clubs at home.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Well he's £8.8m now and I'm still not sure whether to get him in. I think if you've got the money it doesn't matter at this stage of this season. Better to wait and make more informed decisions nearer the deadline.
He's a good enough transfer for me. He has decent fixtures with Leicester at home and Burnley away. With Kane out, Son's gonna be playing up front as well, which bodes well for the 2 matches against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Also, the way my midfield was set up (Salah-Pogba-Bilva-Anderson-Shaqiri), he's the only big hitter I could afford, with no good options in the 7-8M range. Also, doesn't blank in GW27 and if CPFC is knocked out of FA Cup, Son gets a game in BGW31.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
He's a good enough transfer for me. He has decent fixtures with Leicester at home and Burnley away. With Kane out, Son's gonna be playing up front as well, which bodes well for the 2 matches against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Also, the way my midfield was set up (Salah-Pogba-Bilva-Anderson-Shaqiri), he's the only big hitter I could afford, with no good options in the 7-8M range. Also, doesn't blank in GW27 and if CPFC is knocked out of FA Cup, Son gets a game in BGW31.
If Palace get knocked out then I'll bring him in for Richarlison next gw instead of Anderson. Can't see it though.

Not too worried about not owning Auba or Son this weekend as Salah will get the armband from most people I suspect. GW27 could be brutal though with 5 players playing in one fixture (Liverpool v United). Son & Auba both look like better captain picks in that one so I'll certainly be bringing one or both in then.

VP

Aguero to Aubergine for a -4 hit?

Or do move next week...?
I'm toying with this as well. Leaning towards doing it. Auba vs Huddersfield > Aguero vs Chelsea .. and then the blank next week.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Do we think TAA will be back to play against Bournemouth??

Need a consensus to help decide whether I use my bench boost or not

ROFLUTION

Do we think TAA will be back to play against Bournemouth??

Need a consensus to help decide whether I use my bench boost or not
I think Klopp is and has been downplaying his injury. Originally he was scheduled to be back in late february, but it'd make sense for Klopp to have opponents prepare for Arnold instead of targetting a slow Milner/central defence (has worked well last couple of games)

I own him myself too, and haven't subbed him yet, but mostly because I have other good players to take over and I'm patient.

Skåre Willoch

Beginning my masterplans to go about blank gw31.. Goal is to slowly filll up the squad for gw31 in a smart way and then probably wildcard in gw32

Saving up a transfer now, then -4 to get 3 x Leicester in (great fixturelist: Schmeichel, Perreira, Maddison) for GW27.. then depending on who goes through of United v Chelsea, I'll sub accordingly in GW 29 where my Arsenal players hit a bad-fixture streak.. So either Alonso+Higu or Arnautovic+Mane and possibly Rondon (good fixtures)

.. and then Before GW31 I'll sub some more to have about 9-11 players playing in Blank GW31..

It'll probably be a team like this if we send out Chelsea from the FA cup:

Schmeichel
Pereira - Arnold - Alonso - Lovren
Anderson - Salah - Maddison
Arnie - Rondon - Higuain

Planning for GW31/GW32 starts now to get in enough players. Tough decisions and hope i dont "overplan"

I think I'll just use the Free Hit chip in GW31, and rather plan for the double. A lot of the top teams have doubles, so with decent planning I might be able to get 11 good players with doubles without using the free hit chip anyway.

ROFLUTION

I think I'll just use the Free Hit chip in GW31, and rather plan for the double. A lot of the top teams have doubles, so with decent planning I might be able to get 11 good players with doubles without using the free hit chip anyway.
Thats also a good idea. What'd be your preferred players/teams to go for?

I think City players specifically if Chelsea wins against us in the FA cup. Anyways it is probably the smartest to decide the strategy in full between GW26 and GW27 when the blank GWs gets official

Skåre Willoch

Thats also a good idea. What'd be your preferred players/teams to go for?

I think City players specifically if Chelsea wins against us in the FA cup. Anyways it is probably the smartest to decide the strategy in full between GW26 and GW27 when the blank GWs gets official
I have no idea yet, but I think as long as you hoard players from the good teams, and prepare a bit once the blanks are official, you'll be alright.

I also see a potential downside with too much planning for gameweek 31, in that you ship out good/great players who have blanks in 31, for decent/worse players in the weeks leading up to the blank week with the only reason being gameweek 31. This means you'll be playing an inferior team in the weeks leading up to the blanks, losing ground along the way. Is it really worth it, then? Considering most of the top teams actually have blanks in that gameweek, you'll potentially have to ship out all Shitty, Manchester United, Chelsea,Arsenal, Everton, Wolves and Crystal Palace players. In my case, that means shipping out 90% of my squad, and most of those players haul big points every week. Simply not worth it, and I think/hope people don't realize this and overplan for gameweek 31.

Edit: Wow, this turned out a mess! I hope people understand what I'm trying to say, though. :lol:

Adcuth

So going into this week looking like this.

Fabianski

Matip - Robertson - Doherty

Sane - Salah - Pogba - Ward-Prowse

Jimenez - Rashford - Aguero

Who to captain though? Help please

Camy89

Love Island obsessive

Fabianski

Tricky one. Tbh I’d be inclined to captain Pogba but I always feel like that’s tempting fate.

Alternatively I’d go with Salah - they might come out all guns blazing at a field to smash Bournemouth.

Skåre Willoch

Fabianski

Salah captain, for sure.

De Gea (Hamer)

Trippier - Digne - Wan-Bissaka (Luiz, TAA)

Sané - Moutinho - Salah(c) - Pogba (Højbjerg)

Jiménez - Rashford - Kunt

Sané is gone next week.

Adcuth

Tricky one. Tbh I’d be inclined to captain Pogba but I always feel like that’s tempting fate.

Alternatively I’d go with Salah - they might come out all guns blazing at a field to smash Bournemouth.
Yeah was thinking Salah with them needing to keep winning, aren't Bournemouth pretty shite away from home too?

ROFLUTION

I have no idea yet, but I think as long as you hoard players from the good teams, and prepare a bit once the blanks are official, you'll be alright.

I also see a potential downside with too much planning for gameweek 31, in that you ship out good/great players who have blanks in 31, for decent/worse players in the weeks leading up to the blank week with the only reason being gameweek 31. This means you'll be playing an inferior team in the weeks leading up to the blanks, losing ground along the way. Is it really worth it, then? Considering most of the top teams actually have blanks in that gameweek, you'll potentially have to ship out all Shitty, Manchester United, Chelsea,Arsenal, Everton, Wolves and Crystal Palace players. In my case, that means shipping out 90% of my squad, and most of those players haul big points every week. Simply not worth it, and I think/hope people don't realize this and overplan for gameweek 31.

Edit: Wow, this turned out a mess! I hope people understand what I'm trying to say, though. :lol:
Makes good sense, and its my fear too. In my scenario it basically means shipping players that I would ship anyways:
Richarlison, Shaw, Kolasinac, Auba, Lloris.. So Ill still have a core of Salah, Sterling, Pogba, Rashford, Wan b, Jota, TAA, Doherty and then just move in the direction of Aguero/Higuain and Alonso/Mendy depending on the FA Cup. Would still be fairly strong, but definitely a risk because I'd count on 3 Leicester players (good fixturelist)

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I brought him in, he’s not the cheapest, granted, but with Kane out for now he’s their main man.

Add that to the fact that he’s up front for them therefore every goal is given 5pts as he’s classed as a midfielder on FPL.

Mane I find can blow hot and cold

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I brought him in, he’s not the cheapest, granted, but with Kane out for now he’s their main man.

Add that to the fact that he’s up front for them therefore every goal is given 5pts as he’s classed as a midfielder on FPL.

Mane I find can blow hot and cold
He can but he's hot at the moment.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Allison Speroni

TAA Digne Doherty Shaw AWB

Salah Son Pogba Sane Deulofeu

Rashford Jimenez Barnes

2 plans (2 FT)

Barnes --> Aubamayeng
Salah --> Mane
leaving 1.8m in bank

or

Barnes --> Aubamayeng
Allison --> Fabianski
Digne --> Bednarek
leaving 0.2m in the bank (Aubamayeng to Aguero some time)

Which do you think?