Fantasy Premier League 18/19

IrishRedDevil

Like the look of that as it is similar to mine (though I am still 50/50 on Kane at the moment).

Only difference is I am going 433 so Deulofeu is a 4.2m midfielder then Valery is a Chelsea/City defender as they both have a good chance of 2 clean sheets
Kane is the headache, as usual.

If I remove Kane, I can go with this:

----------------Ederson
------Rudiger - Lindelof - Luiz
---Hazard - Alli - Pogba - Sterling
---Aguero - Batshuayi - Rashford

Stronger defence. Deulofeu to Batshuayi feels a bit of a sideways move but he costs 0.9 more.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I have all 11 players on DGW and managed to squeeze Sterling in, but had to drop Son for Milijovic.

Did I do good?

The only problem is that my goalie is Etheridge & he has Chelsea & City, so might swap him for Flappyhandski.

Worth putting Sterling on TC, or is baldy likely to crush my dreams?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Ederson
Lindelof - Schlupp - Luiz
Hazard - Deulofeu - Pogba - Sterling
Kane - Rashford - Aguero
Have this at the moment but not sure Kane is worth it. Alternatives would be to have Jimenez and then Deulofeu could become someone like Eriksen and Schlupp Azpilicueta.

coolredwine

lameredboots
This is what I am going with currently.

Ederson
Schlupp - Kolasinac - AWB
Hazard - Sterling (c) - Pogba - Moutinho
Kane - Aguero - Batshuayi​

Bench: Cheapest GK, Defender and Mid.

Thoughts?

ROFLUTION

Nice. Seems like a really strong team.

My first attempt:

-----------------Ederson
-----Valery - Wan Bissaka - Luiz
Hazard - Deulofeu - Pogba - Sterling
-------Aguero - Kane - Rashford

Obvious weakness is defence. Due to limited funds I've went with Valery who only plays one game v Brighton.
That's a really strong team too. Great attack + some safety in defence.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Thoughts on Lukaku? If he is fit I think he could be a great differential.
He's in mine at the moment.

--------------Kepa--------------

Young------Duffy-------Schlupp

Pogba--Hazard--Sterling--D Silva

Aguero-----Lukaku-----Jimenez

If Jimenez plays in both internationals for Mexico though he might have to go. He'll surely be rested for at least one of the games with Wolves playing in a cup semi final at the end of the double. I think this is a potential issue with both Wolves and Watford personally.

redmanc

I think I will stay at 7 players with DGW (providing City get their double) and captain Sterling.

That would allow me navigate the blanks in GW33 as I will have 5 players from City, United and Wolves not playing.

Could do Rashford and Salah > Mane and Aubameyang. Arsenal will have a game in GW33 and a double in 35
Its confirmed so its made my captain choice easy, Sterling, same as last week after his nice haul, their fixtures are perfect for it too.

redmanc

It's a no brainer for this week at least. Sterling vs Cardiff & Fulham and Hazard vs Brighton & Cardiff or Salah vs Spurs.

But yeah, he's bound to go mental now. Sods law. I just wouldn't back it.
Dropped Salah a few weeks ago, Mane is the one you want if you havent got him, and have another 4 mil to spend elsewhere.

redmanc

This is how ill be lining up;

Ederson
Wan B - Lindelof - Luiz - Doherty
Sterling (C) - Pogba - Mane - Jota
Jimenez - Rashford

Robertson on the bench due to no DGW.

So 10 players on a double game week, some pre-planned and some good fortune with City & Chelsea, i will also have 1 FT to rotate 1 out and have 8 for the blank week with my subs, i also plan to spend a few points here also. Second place in my work league where the money is has not planned this far ahead, and is going to lose massive ground on me now as he blew his wc getting a full team out last week which backfired massively, sucks for him :lol:

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Every time I post my bastard dgw team it ends up on the last page very quickly.
I'm posting it again

Patricio
Laporte Luiz Shaw (maybe Lindelof instead as Shaw is on 9 yellows)
Sterling Pogba Hazard Milivojevic
Aguero Lukaku Batshuayi

WanB Jonny Puncheon

Dunno whether to drop Luiz for Kepa and put WanB on to start.
Tempting to go for Sterling captain too, as a possible differential.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just read that Higuain is joint top for shots in the box, but has a terrible conversion rate. Made me wonder if I should have him instead of Lukaku. He might just put them away this time.

coolredwine

lameredboots
All those people playing FH when this is the best GW for TC...

Gonna be interesting.
Assuming the TC scores a hattrick (Say Aguero/Sterling), a non-FH manager loses about 20 points. These 20 points can be easily made up by the other DGW players in a FH team. So not much of an issue, I guess.

SteveTheRed

Assuming the TC scores a hattrick (Say Aguero/Sterling), a non-FH manager loses about 20 points. These 20 points can be easily made up by the other DGW players in a FH team. So not much of an issue, I guess.
Personally think TC in a double game week with the likes of Chelsea and City fixtures is the better options but there isn't much in it.

You could have 6 players from both teams and score the same as someone who triple captains and only has 3/4 players from those teams.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It's an interesting one.

DGWs can often disappoint, with blanks and rotation. But then, so can TCs - especially when the likes of Guardiola are involved...

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Every time I post my bastard dgw team it ends up on the last page very quickly.
I'm posting it again

Patricio
Laporte Luiz Shaw (maybe Lindelof instead as Shaw is on 9 yellows)
Sterling Pogba Hazard Milivojevic
Aguero Lukaku Batshuayi

WanB Jonny Puncheon

Dunno whether to drop Luiz for Kepa and put WanB on to start.
Tempting to go for Sterling captain too, as a possible differential.
Looks good though I would avoid Wolves players as they will be rested ahead of the semi final. Last round Ruddy got a run out in the league game so he was sharp for the cup game, I would expect that to happen again. Kepa a good shout as you say

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Just read that Higuain is joint top for shots in the box, but has a terrible conversion rate. Made me wonder if I should have him instead of Lukaku. He might just put them away this time.
Super tempted by Higuain as well. His fixtures are brilliant.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks good though I would avoid Wolves players as they will be rested ahead of the semi final. Last round Ruddy got a run out in the league game so he was sharp for the cup game, I would expect that to happen again. Kepa a good shout as you say
I was avoiding Wolves but didn't expect their keeper to be rested. May well do the Kepa thing then yeah

Dan_F

Go to transfers.. Then go to "List view" in the top of the screen, then you can see the purchased price, the current price and the sale price
Is this on the app? Once I go into list view its just the normal info I can get by scrolling right.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I have a feeling Giroud will play instead of him, atleast for one of the games.
Yeah that’s my only concern with him. If he plays I’d expect him to score a couple over two games, but rotation with Giroud who’s in good form is the risk.

He’s not a great player anymore but he’s playing poor opponents and will get chances.

Good fixtures, over the hill player. Like captaining Rooney under Van Gaal for me.
No one said anything about captaining him.

He’s clearly a viable option - the only certainty in any front line should be Aguero. All of the other striking options have question marks.

As you can see in my team above I’ve currently got Kane and Rashford partnering Aguero, but Kane is really expensive for a non-captaincy player and one of his games is away to Liverpool who barely conceed. Rashford could be rotated with Lukaku or pushed out wide, as could Jimenez given the FA cup fixture.

SteveTheRed

Already pulled the trigger and transferred Hazard and Luiz in for Salah and Digne...

Bloody hope no injuries but it was a spur of the moment move.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Already pulled the trigger and transferred Hazard and Luiz in for Salah and Digne...

Bloody hope no injuries but it was a spur of the moment move.
You just have a week to hope neither emerge injured, or you have other fires to fight.

SteveTheRed

Big week in FPL, how's everyone FH/WC/TC team looking? or is there anyone out there not playing any chip at all(insane) ?

Guiata
Luiz, Robertson, AWB
B.Silva, Jota, Sterling (TC), Pogba, Hazard (VTC)
Rashford, Vardy

ROFLUTION

Big week in FPL, how's everyone FH/WC/TC team looking? or is there anyone out there not playing any chip at all(insane) ?

Guiata
Luiz, Robertson, AWB
B.Silva, Jota, Sterling (TC), Pogba, Hazard (VTC)
Rashford, Vardy
What's the lowdown on Guaita? Is he first choice keeper, or is it random whether he will get the two DGW games?

Must haves for me is Aguero, Sterling, Hazard, and probably 2 x Chelsea in Defence

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pogba Sterling Hazard Mili

is my midfield. Mili being the only differential, I'm wondering whether to take a risk. Pogba would be the obvious one to change I think. Good chance first place has him and could be either very good or do nothing.

ROFLUTION

Naah. Very prone to errors and conceding. Can't trust them at all.
The way I see it, besides City, Chelsea have the best opponents in this DGW. Hazard for me is the only safe choice in attack, so therefore I go 2 x Chelsea in defence.

Chelsea have still kept 12 clean sheets over the whole season. That's better than 1 clean sheet pr 3 games. Somehow this assures me that I'll at least get 1 clean sheet in those two games.

Nothing is set in stone, but I don't see a lot of other great defence options, as I'd like both Aguero and Sterling in attack, so that's why I go 2 x Chelsea in defence.

The downside is that Chelsea has not kept a clean sheet away in the last 6 games - But that could also just be variation, and that they'll regress to their average (high) amount of clean sheets soon

ROFLUTION

A CPFC double defense.
What's the reasoning behind backing palace? Considering AWB too, but not sure if I can trust Palace. It's probably just 1 game's chance for a CS as Spurs probably will score against them. Could be good value though.

coolredwine

lameredboots
What's the reasoning behind backing palace? Considering AWB too, but not sure if I can trust Palace. It's probably just 1 game's chance for a CS as Spurs probably will score against them. Could be good value though.
I have that too. :D

They play HUD at home and Spurs away. And there's a very good chance the defenders return 1 CS at least. Plus, I guess people are gambling big time with the new stadium, Spurs' form and that the last few games between these sides have ended 1-0. So you are essentially looking at 8 points over the DGW fixtures.

Personally, I have Schlupp and AWB. But that's because I am going with a cheap ass defense (Schlupp, AWB and Kolasinac) and 2 of these defenders play high up the pitch and may deliver few attacking points as well.

Skåre Willoch

Kepa
Iceman - Luiz - Doherty
Pogba - Sterling - Dilva - Hazard
Rashford - Kunt - Jimenez

I've played around with my team way to much lately. Should I risk playing Lukaku? Potentially a great differential. Laporte instead of Dilva?

ROFLUTION

I have that too. :D
Personally, I have Schlupp and AWB. But that's because I am going with a cheap ass defense (Schlupp, AWB and Kolasinac) and 2 of these defenders play high up the pitch and may deliver few attacking points as well.
Hmm, yeah Schlupp is a great idea actually. OOP and in good assist-form lately.

Current team:

Ederson
Azpili - Lindelöf - Luiz - Schlupp
Hazard - Deulofeu - Sterling
Kane - Aguero (C) - Rashford