Fantasy Premier League 18/19

podurban2

Someone please persuade me it's not a good idea to take -4 pts hit for trading in Shaw...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've done McArthur to Neves because he's due to go up. Wanted a Wolves player in there anyway.

http://fplstatistics.co.uk/

I have 1m left in the bank, meaning I could upgrade Shaw to a 5.5 when he inevitably doesn't play anymore, and could so BSilva to Pogba if he isn't starting every game. Pogba due to go as well ruins that though.

Sterling Archer

Wonder whether to gamble on Richarlison before his price goes up, might be injured for next week though....
I just bit the bullet and did so. His record under Silva is fantastic. And he really looks up for a cracking season with Everton. That second goal of his was sublime...reminded me of the kind of take Henry made so casual

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mendy has just gone past the line to go up.

Mane will be soon my the looks of it.

I'll have 3 players going up (Wan B, Neves, Shaw), but only looking to sell one (Shaw). And that won't leave me with enough to get Mendy or Mane in. Annoying.

Loublaze

ATLien
55. Not great but not bad. Zaha, Pogba and Neves did well for me! I have no Liverpool players in my squad. Thinking about getting Richarlison in with my free transfer

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I have screwed up my team so much I am going to use my wildcard already. Patrício - Moses, Van Aarnholt, Trippier - Sanchez, Salah, Fred, Felipe Anderson, Seri - Zaha, Kane. My lack of experience building this shows.

I want to trade in Moses, Trippier, Patrício, Sanchez, Fred, Seri already. I think I will need to also trade Zaha to balance the fees.

klsv

Amazing, 4k, 10th in my country, joint 4th in the Caf league :drool: Will go and get below average next GW but will enjoy until then.

Didn't know bench boost on GW1 was a thing by the way, seems a lot of people used it.

glorious

I'm on wildcard and have a tough time to choose this combination: Alexis + Aguero, or De Bruyne + Kane.

Help please.

Last edited by a moderator:

klsv

I'm on wildcard and have a tough time to choose this combination: Alexis + Aguero, or De Bruyne + Kane.

Help please.
Second. Alexis not looking good and Aguero not nailed on with Jesus sneaking around. KdB won't be rotated and Kane will be a must-have at some point anyway, maybe not just right now.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
:lol: Sure mate. Did you mean to have that bench or you forgot to set up your team?
Bit of both really, ended with 94 pts in the end, so not a bad start. Only 35 pts on the bench!

I did see on Twitter, one person had 49 pts on the bench and Phil Jagielka (-3) in their starting X1, so there’s always somebody worse off :lol:

Nickosaur

4th in the red cafe league - don't think I was ever in the top 100 for the whole of last season :lol:

podurban2

4th in the red cafe league - don't think I was ever in the top 100 for the whole of last season :lol:
I’m 9th with 101 points. I love how this thread resulted in very similar line-ups. Well go us, we are all doing well and have very, very good squads :D

villain

Hates Beyoncé
78 points, not bad considering Son, Aguero & Mitro did absolutely nothing for me.

MUFC OK

Very happy with 96. Double Liverpool attack worked well and am sure mendy will become an essential pick if he stays fit. Tried to transfer Shaw in for Bailly just before the deadline but can't moan, I had considered Eriksen over Mane but glad I didn't push the button.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Very happy with 96. Double Liverpool attack worked well and am sure mendy will become an essential pick if he stays fit. Tried to transfer Shaw in for Bailly just before the deadline but can't moan, I had considered Eriksen over Mane but glad I didn't push the button.
Can't work out how to get Mendy in. It needs to be for Shaw or Robertson. Shaw makes the most sense knowing he's very likely to be rotated at some point. If he doesn't he's a bargain though, but then it's pointless saving money but having to have it itb in case he does. Aagghh

MUFC OK

Can't work out how to get Mendy in. It needs to be for Shaw or Robertson. Shaw makes the most sense knowing he's very likely to be rotated at some point. If he doesn't he's a bargain though, but then it's pointless saving money but having to have it itb in case he does. Aagghh
whats your team?

MUFC OK

Foster
Wan-B Shaw Robertson
Salah Eriksen BSilva Neves
Aguero Firmino Zaha

Patricio Peltier Bednerak Stephens
Still a good team! Cant have them all. I only have two strikers (Zaha, Aguero). But as you have Firmino, how about Zaha to Wilson, Shaw to Mendy?

Ady87

Still reeling from the points I could have had from my penultimate draft team. Finished on 74 for the week.

Mata > Richarlison this week

If Mahrez is benched or gets me nothing from HUD (H) then i'll swap him to Pogba and bank the mill.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Changed the team to:

Kepa
Luiz Mendy van Aarnholt
Jota Richarlison Salah Hoilett
Arnautovic Aubameyang Tosun

Bench: Stelelenburg Sessegnon Bertrand Alexander-Arnold

Should be good?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Should I take a 4 point hit on swapping out Jota and Sessegnon for B.Silva and Neves? Or do I give those guys more time to shine?

Brinky

Should I take a 4 point hit on swapping out Jota and Sessegnon for B.Silva and Neves? Or do I give those guys more time to shine?
No need to kneejerk - both B.Silva and Neves could easily blank next game and Jota/Sessegnon score, I would give it another game or 2.

Yogesh911

I’m 9th with 101 points. I love how this thread resulted in very similar line-ups. Well go us, we are all doing well and have very, very good squads :D
6th in RedCafe's league myself, with a 103 points tally. I've crossed the 100 point barrier for the first time ever I think. Fretting over Palace, Fulham & Wolves fixtures for next week. Don't want to use a transfer this weekend so I can use 2 next week.

My long term plan is to downgrade Salah to KDB & Aguero to Firmino. Then decide if Kane or another premium Mid is doing the business. I am super excited as I'm topping my mini-league & already have a 50 point lead over last year's winner.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Still a good team! Cant have them all. I only have two strikers (Zaha, Aguero). But as you have Firmino, how about Zaha to Wilson, Shaw to Mendy?
I can do Shaw to Mendy straight off the bat as I have 1m in the bank, but I'll have to take a point hit now as I've already made a kneejerk change from McArthur to Neves (which i regret and told myself I wouldn't do).

klsv

Nah, Silva might as well be benched and Neves as a defensive mid won't score more than 2 points every weeks.

MUFC OK

I can do Shaw to Mendy straight off the bat as I have 1m in the bank, but I'll have to take a point hit now as I've already made a kneejerk change from McArthur to Neves (which i regret and told myself I wouldn't do).
I think that's a good transfer. The hit may be worth it considering City have Huddersfield at home and I don't fancy us to get a CS at Brighton.

I'd make the move before price rises but it's up to you.

SteveTheRed

54. One point above the average for me - can't complain.

I've already used my free transfer and it was to swap Cedric for Wan-Bissaka. Probably the only player from the weekend that is worth transferring in! At 4m he is a steal and looks like he will start regularly.

The knew jerkers are strong in the last few pages, i'd be wary about bringing in Neves, Kante, even Shaw .

Neves - Scored 6 goals in 42 appearances last season, and got 1 assist! He is a great little player but doesn't get that far up the pitch.
Kante - Again similar to Neves, he didn't look like he was playing in a different position for Chelsea. He will be in the 100-110 point bracket by May.
Shaw - The best he has played in a long time but we know he is liable to have a shocker, I wouldn't be too hasty to bring him in until we know a bit more.

Brinky

96 - not a bad start, had 12 points with Wan-Bissaka on the bench too and all three of my strikers completely blanking.