Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Paul_Scholes18

It's a difficult one for sure. However looking past the double they have a really nice run of games so there will be clean sheets galore you'd think. I'm edging towards Robertson.
If I do that then I need a midfielder for 6.3 or less if I also want sidibe. 6.8 otherwise. Not sure who to get. Maybe go cheap and just play 4 defenders all the time?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If I do that then I need a midfielder for 6.3 or less if I also want sidibe. 6.8 otherwise. Not sure who to get. Maybe go cheap and just play 4 defenders all the time?
I'm in a similar position.

It's either Sidibe plus either Salah / Firmino OR Roberton + a cheaper midfielder for Martial.

Neo_Mufc

What's everyone's plans for the Liverpool double GW?

Are you all tripling up on pool (if you haven't already) and on who? Also are you going to play triple captain chip?

I have Mane n TAA already and can't decide on who the 3rd should be. Contenders are the obvious ones: Salah, Firmino & Robertson. Getting Salah in as well as having Mane means cutbacks elsewhere in team.
I'm thinking maybe to use free hit (3 lpool players) for this and save the triple captain for later on? Maybe there will be another round?

I just feel like 2 away games to a tricky wolves and a west ham who might be up for it won't produce the most goals.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm thinking maybe to use free hit (3 lpool players) for this and save the triple captain for later on? Maybe there will be another round?

I just feel like 2 away games to a tricky wolves and a west ham who might be up for it won't produce the most goals.
Do you not have any Liverpool players in? I wouldn't waste a chip when you can get them in and should leave two of em.

Paul_Scholes18

No need for a free hit. 3 Liverpool players is still good value with all the easy games they got.
Salah or Mane and TAA/Robertson is pretty obvious and one more is just one transfer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The problem with having both Mane & Salah is knowing who to captain. I'd always be bricking it that I have chosen the wrong one every week. That's putting me off massively tbh.

SteveTheRed

I could go for Salah + Mane + TAA over next 3 transfers , would end up doing

Rashford > Calvert-Lewin
Jiminez > Ings or Haller?
Martial > Salah

Or alternatively

Soyuncu > VVD
Martial > Maddison
Jiminez > Haller

Thoughts?

I would struggling picking a captain too with both Salah and Mane.

Paul_Scholes18

Looking at the cheap midfielders there is not that much to pick at 6.3 or less. We got Lingard at just 6.3 so that might be a bargain or not.
Also James and pereira.
Noble just for the pens he will get against Pool in the double ;). Or Snodgrass for the same double being cheap to.

Perez if he can start might be a good pick since he scores goals when he plays. Although it will be hard to know when to bench him as he is often a sub.

hubbuh

Looking at the cheap midfielders there is not that much to pick at 6.3 or less. We got Lingard at just 6.3 so that might be a bargain or not.
Also James and pereira.
Noble just for the pens he will get against Pool in the double ;). Or Snodgrass for the same double being cheap to.

Perez if he can start might be a good pick since he scores goals when he plays. Although it will be hard to know when to bench him as he is often a sub.
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Traore or Cantwell. Grealish if you can stretch an additional 0.1.

Paul_Scholes18

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Traore or Cantwell. Grealish if you can stretch an additional 0.1.
Have Cantwell and could just play him more I guess. Not fully sold on Traore unless they are playing City. Might smash us tomorrow though. His stats are so weird. 3 goals and 1 ass against City. 1 goal vs Spurs. 0 goals against the weaker sides that should be easier in theory. I can't justify playing him against Pool and benching him against Newcastle even if that might work with him.

Sadly can't get Grealish since I am 0.1 short unless I go with Van Dijk over Robertson then. Although I would rather have Gomez plus Richalison/Maddison then.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Also James and pereira.

Sarr and Doucore are worth a look now Pearson has taken over at Watford. Agree with you about Traore btw.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Sarr and Doucore are worth a look now Pearson has taken over at Watford.
Yeah Watford got some really nice fixtures. Bournemouth next is as good as it gets at the moment.
Spurs should be hard, but Mourinho has not fixed that defense so far and at home they could probably win that one.
Sarr has perfect cost for the moves I want to make.
Hopefully he plays in the cup so we get some more data on them.

Sarr and Perez are probably the top 2 for me at the moment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2 transfers to improve this little lot, once we're through the FA cup fixtures
0.7m in bank

Gazza, West Ham's 4m keeper
TAA, Soyunco, Rico, Kelly, Lundstram
KDB, Mane, Martial, Grealish, Cantwell
Vardy, Rashford, Abraham

United have Liverpool away, Wolves and Chelsea away in the next 5, so I'm thinking Rashy probably needs outing after the Norwich game.

Maybe improve Gazza for this next game week? Kane's done something to his hamstring, so that must surely weaken them a bit, and they weren't keeping any cleanies anyway.

The obvious half an eye on the week 24 double in terms of 3 Liverpool players. Salah is the obvious one, which will take a bit of surgery! Maybe Robertson might be another way in, but you'd curse if you hadn't put Salah in and he hauls a 20-30 pointer

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
0.7m in bank

Vardy, Rashford, Abraham

United have Liverpool away, Wolves and Chelsea away in the next 5, so I'm thinking Rashy probably needs outing after the Norwich game.

Maybe improve Gazza for this next game week? Kane's done something to his hamstring, so that must surely weaken them a bit, and they weren't keeping any cleanies anyway.

The obvious half an eye on the week 24 double in terms of 3 Liverpool players. Salah is the obvious one, which will take a bit of surgery! Maybe Robertson might be another way in, but you'd curse if you hadn't put Salah in and he hauls a 20-30 pointer
Firmino is another option that wouldn't require major surgery. Straight swap for Rashford. If I'm not mistaken he has most if not all of his hauls away from home too (which both GW24 games are).

But yeah feck Gazza out. If you want cheap then Saints are keeping clean sheets and McCarthy is only £4.3m. If you want them sweet save points then Fabianski or Ryan I reckon.

Paul_Scholes18

0.7m in bank

Vardy, Rashford, Abraham

The thing with Rashford though is that he is normally better in the big games. Chelsea away is prime Rashford haul I think remembering he scored 4 in the last two against them.
Although I think he is getting tired at the moment and our squad feels like a mess too with Pogba and Mctominay out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Firmino is another option that wouldn't require major surgery. Straight swap for Rashford. If I'm not mistaken he has most if not all of his hauls away from home too (which both GW24 games are).

But yeah feck Gazza out. If you want cheap then Saints are keeping clean sheets and McCarthy is only £4.3m. If you want them sweet save points then Fabianski or Ryan I reckon.
Fabianski could be smart for the upcoming double as well. I bet not many people are remembering 2 teams have the double, as the Liverpool scramble is the key!

I just looked who Liverpool play next...Tottenham, without Kane. They couldn't have written this season better could they!

Firmy should be a great option, but in truth, most of the time he's seen pissing about on the half way line whereas the wide players are doing the points scoring.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The thing with Rashford though is that he is normally better in the big games. Chelsea away is prime Rashford haul I think remembering he scored 4 in the last two against them.
Although I think he is getting tired at the moment and our squad feels like a mess too with Pogba and Mctominay out.
I'm always a bit nervous with Rashford, as 9m is still a fairly big price, for a guy who is out of position the wrong way round!
Martial by that logic should be a great choice...but hasn't had many explosions...

I'll keep both for Norwich of course!

I just don't see us being much of an attacking force away from home right now, not against the better teams, with no McTom on top of Pogba already missing.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Fabianski could be smart for the upcoming double as well. I bet not many people are remembering 2 teams have the double, as the Liverpool scramble is the key!

I just looked who Liverpool play next...Tottenham, without Kane. They couldn't have written this season better could they!

Firmy should be a great option, but in truth, most of the time he's seen pissing about on the half way line whereas the wide players are doing the points scoring.
Yep. I had him earlier in the season and he did ok tbf. Mane and Salah is optional though of course. KDB is the easiest way to him for you and ditching Rashford or Tammy for say Ings.

Paul_Scholes18

Milner out injured and might be gone for a few weeks. Does this make Salah the obvious captain for the double and a must have? Having the pens is a big bonus for him I would say.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Milner out injured and might be gone for a few weeks. Does this make Salah the obvious captain for the double and a must have? Having the pens is a big bonus for him I would say.
Yes but may just have been precautionary - Liverpool are obviously not risking anything in this game and they don't tend to get many injuries

Paul_Scholes18

Yes but may just have been precautionary - Liverpool are obviously not risking anything in this game and they don't tend to get many injuries
Yeah we will see. I think I am going to avoid Richarlison. Let me down before and looked terrible today. Sidibe looked poor too, but might still get him since he played on the wing. Could be dropped I fear if he is not improving.

It is Salah or Robertson in for the double though. Need to downgrade a lot in order to afford Salah, but should probably try that and then decide later who I pick.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah we will see. I think I am going to avoid Richarlison. Let me down before and looked terrible today. Sidibe looked poor too, but might still get him since he played on the wing. Could be dropped I fear if he is not improving.

It is Salah or Robertson in for the double though. Need to downgrade a lot in order to afford Salah, but should probably try that and then decide later who I pick.
You'd feel pretty gutted if you didn't go into a Liverpool double without Salah and Mane.
If they don't smash hauls, or don't play both, then that's life, but you surely have to cover it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
feck it. Probably gonna hit wildcard later tonight after the cup draw. Need to reverse this slide and I have both keepers, Willems, Kelly, Alli, Moura & Rashford who can all go. Got my eye on something like this (bold are transferred in)

Ryan / McCarthy

TAA / Sidibe / Lundstram / Balbuena / Stephens

Mane / Salah / KDB / Sarr / Cantwell

Vardy / Jimenez / Maupay

Might take Sterling until GW24 as City have better fixtures and book the Salah transfer in.

Jimenez can become Ings in a few weeks too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
feck it. Probably gonna hit wildcard later tonight after the cup draw. Need to reverse this slide and I have both keepers, Willems, Kelly, Alli, Moura & Rashford who can all go. Got my eye on something like this (bold are transferred in)

Ryan / McCarthy

Vardy / Jimenez / Maupay

Might take Sterling until GW24 as City have better fixtures and book the Salah transfer in.

Taking rashy out before norwich at home seems dangerous.

Paul_Scholes18

You'd feel pretty gutted if you didn't go into a Liverpool double without Salah and Mane.
If they don't smash hauls, or don't play both, then that's life, but you surely have to cover it.
I don't think they will smash it. Wolves are good in the big games and they will not rest players this time.
West Ham under Moyes is going to be a very defensive side for that game and Fabianski is good in goal.

Still it is probably worth having them. I think they will get 1-2 returns each and that might be around 15 points which is very good of course. Can see 2 clean sheets too although I do think Wolves will score, but probably not West Ham.
So it is not totally obvious to have them since I think if say Robertson gets an assist and bonus he can get around 15 points too with 1 clean sheet. Although the risk not having Salah is big. If VAR gives them two pens then that could give Salah a 20 point haul and you will feel bad about not having him.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'm sitting on VVD, TAA and Mane atm. Only way I can get Salah, Mane and TAA in would be to free hit for that week. How many more DGW's are we going to get ? If it's just the one then I can wildcard then..

Paul_Scholes18

Ryan / McCarthy

Vardy / Jimenez / Maupay

Why Balbuena and not Fabianski for the double? I think you would want a keeper for that double gameweek as those save points can add up quite a lot even without the clean sheets. Are you sure about Maupay since Brighton has not been that great in attack? Lewin seems like a better pick now who you can then turn into Ings.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm sitting on VVD, TAA and Mane atm. Only way I can get Salah, Mane and TAA in would be to free hit for that week. How many more DGW's are we going to get ? If it's just the one then I can wildcard then..
Stick with them I say. Tripple Liverpool is great and the clean sheet odds are great. You just got to hope that Mane gets more goals than Salah. There will probably be a week when most of the big sides are still left in the cup. Thus there will be less games and a good chance to use the free hit since you might want to keep City, Pool players etc if they are still in the cup.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Will be at least one more, as the FA cup quarter final weekend is the same weekend as league games.
But a pure lotto who it involves.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Why Balbuena and not Fabianski for the double? I think you would want a keeper for that double gameweek as those save points can add up quite a lot even without the clean sheets. Are you sure about Maupay since Brighton has not been that great in attack? Lewin seems like a better pick now who you can then turn into Ings.
Yeah I'm 50/50 on Maupay and DCL at the moment. Had Maupay for 2 games already (1 assist) and me transferring him out just as he starts scoring would be just the most me thing I've done all season.

I'd thought about Fabianski but Leicester and Liverpool in the double? I'm not convinced of a great score there even with save points. Also I'm thinking longer term and Ryan, McCarthy have better fixtures and a chance of a better double if it ends up happening in 37. Balbuena could be anyone to be honest. I probably wouldn't play him in GW24 either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Friday night fixture this week chaps...just as a shout out in case that catches anyone out! (memo to myself too!!)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Fabianski, Soyunco, Dunk & Calvert Lewin instead of Ryan, Sidibe, Balbuena & Maupay would work.

Still not sure which one is better though.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I'm 50/50 on Maupay and DCL at the moment. Had Maupay for 2 games already (1 assist) and me transferring him out just as he starts scoring would be just the most me thing I've done all season.

I'd thought about Fabianski but Leicester and Liverpool in the double? I'm not convinced of a great score there even with save points. Also I'm thinking longer term and Ryan, McCarthy have better fixtures and a chance of a better double if it ends up happening in 37. Balbuena could be anyone to be honest. I probably wouldn't play him in GW24 either.
Yeah since it is your last wildcard it might be smart to think long term. Ryan got great fixtures now so I certainly can understand him. McCarthy is dirt cheap and have done well recently so that duo looks good. Keepers are so hard to predict anyway so might as well go pretty cheap with them.
I guess Balbuena is a pretty good bench defender for 4.3 so probably worth having. Same with Stephens.

Not sure any West Ham players are great picks, but at least you get 2 points per game for showing up ;). I am even thinking Noble in to give room for Salah and hope he gets a lucky pen or something. Also possibly Fabianski for the save points. I don't think they will concede 4 or more in any of the games so there should only be -1 per game at worst and some save points.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Please help! Which team?

(Current)
Pope
TAA, Soyuncu, Lord Lundstram
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial, Alli
Vardy, Ings

Subs: Button, Ayew, Rico, Kelly

(Alt A)
Pope
TAA, Robertson, Lord Lundstram
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial
Vardy, Ings, Jiminez

Subs: Button, Dendoncker, Rico, Kelly

(Alt B)
Pope
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial, Son
Vardy, Ings

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Please help! Which team?

(Current)
Pope
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial, Alli
Vardy, Ings

(Alt A)
Pope
TAA, Robertson, Lord Lundstram
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial
Vardy, Ings, Jiminez

Subs: Button, Dendoncker, Rico, Kelly

(Alt B)
Pope
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial, Son
Vardy, Ings

Alt A - because I'm allergic to Spurs players and also Liverpool triple up for GW24 and beyond looks a winner.

I've hit the wildcard button last night. Taking on board some of the comments above it's currently...

Fabianski / McCarthy

TAA / Soyunco / Lundstram / Dunk / Stephens

Mane / Salah / KDB / Martial / Cantwell

Vardy / Maupay / DCL

Going with Martial & Maupay/DCL over Sarr & Jimenez for now but Martial will become a cheaper mid (Grealish, Sarr, Mount..) and one of my cheaper strikers will become Ings over the next few weeks.

MVP_88

Morning Gang.

I require your wise words and advice. Appreciate a lot of peoples teams have the typical template players so bear with me. Deciding who to get really depends on the make up of your whole squad.

Current Squad

Pope

Soyuncu TAA Lundstram

Maddison Martial Willian KDB

Rashford Jimenez Vardy

Subs: Button Cantwell Kelly Tomori

Option 1

Pope

Soyuncu TAA Lundstram Dunk

Mane Salah KDB

DCL Jimenez Vardy

Subs: Kelly Fleck Cantwell

Bank: 0.0m

Option 2

Pope

Soyuncu TAA Lundstram Robertson

Maddison Mane KDB

DCL Jimenez Vardy

Subs: Kelly Fleck Cantwell

Bank: 2.3m

Essentially, the difference between the 2 options are Dunk & Salah in a tag team match against Robertson & Maddison. Leicester have good fixtures overall in the next 10 game weeks, no Europe so Maddison is less prone to rotation (plus he could be wearing red come Feb 1st. Jokes). Others on the watchlist are Rashford, Haller and Perez.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Alt A - because I'm allergic to Spurs players and also Liverpool triple up for GW24 and beyond looks a winner.

I've hit the wildcard button last night. Taking on board some of the comments above it's currently...

Fabianski / McCarthy

TAA / Soyunco / Lundstram / Dunk / Stephens

Mane / Salah / KDB / Martial / Cantwell

Vardy / Maupay / DCL

Going with Martial & Maupay/DCL over Sarr & Jimenez for now but Martial will become a cheaper mid (Grealish, Sarr, Mount..) and one of my cheaper strikers will become Ings over the next few weeks.
looks a solid team!

Paul_Scholes18

Thinking about getting Salah and looked up some stats from him. In the league he has only 1 goal away from home all season. Firmino on the other hand got 6 away goals.
Based on that it seems like getting Salah is a trap for the double given that they got two hard away games. Of course this might just be ramndomly caused based on the small amounts of games this season so far. He has only played 8 away games in total.
Getting Firmino would be much easier due to the lower cost and with his low ownership could give a huge boost if he was to score more points than Salah.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Thinking about getting Salah and looked up some stats from him. In the league he has only 1 goal away from home all season. Firmino on the other hand got 6 away goals.
Based on that it seems like getting Salah is a trap for the double given that they got two hard away games. Of course this might just be ramndomly caused based on the small amounts of games this season so far. He has only played 8 away games in total.
Getting Firmino would be much easier due to the lower cost and with his low ownership could give a huge boost if he was to score more points than Salah.
I'm just outside top 5k so bringing in Salah to add to Trent n Mane is probably what I'm doing. However if I was outside top 200k for example then I think Firmino would be the one to go for. Should be a bit of differential.