Vardy, Ings, Jiminez

Subs: Button, Dendoncker, Rico, Kelly

(Alt B)
Pope
TAA, Soyuncu, Lord Lundstram
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial, Son
Vardy, Ings

Subs: Button, Ayew, Rico, Kelly
Alt A for me. Double Liverpool defense for the DGW + Salah the obvious captain. Solid team all round, I would probably swap Martial out for Maddison at some point.
Morning Gang.

I require your wise words and advice. Appreciate a lot of peoples teams have the typical template players so bear with me. Deciding who to get really depends on the make up of your whole squad.

Current Squad

Pope

Soyuncu TAA Lundstram

Maddison Martial Willian KDB

Rashford Jimenez Vardy

Subs: Button Cantwell Kelly Tomori

Option 1

Pope

Soyuncu TAA Lundstram Dunk

Mane Salah KDB

DCL Jimenez Vardy

Subs: Kelly Fleck Cantwell

Bank: 0.0m

Option 2

Pope

Soyuncu TAA Lundstram Robertson

Maddison Mane KDB

DCL Jimenez Vardy

Subs: Kelly Fleck Cantwell

Bank: 2.3m

Essentially, the difference between the 2 options are Dunk & Salah in a tag team match against Robertson & Maddison. Leicester have good fixtures overall in the next 10 game weeks, no Europe so Maddison is less prone to rotation (plus he could be wearing red come Feb 1st. Jokes). Others on the watchlist are Rashford, Haller and Perez.
Again Option 2, I like the double Liverpool defence idea. DCL looks like a good pick under Ancelotti.

MVP_88

Alt A for me. Double Liverpool defense for the DGW + Salah the obvious captain. Solid team all round, I would probably swap Martial out for Maddison at some point.

Again Option 2, I like the double Liverpool defence idea. DCL looks like a good pick under Ancelotti.
Thanks for the response, Steve. Appreciate it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Thanks buddy

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Might have to reconsider Martial after that shitshow last night. I know he didn't play but we are just abysmal creatively. Norwich home is still a great fixture but it felels like booking in a transfer further down the road again.
I'm just outside top 5k so bringing in Salah to add to Trent n Mane is probably what I'm doing. However if I was outside top 200k for example then I think Firmino would be the one to go for. Should be a bit of differential.
Hmmm, tempting....

McCarthy / Fabianski

TAA / Soy / Lund / Dunk / Holgate

Mane or Salah / KDB / Mahrez / Sarr / Cantwell

Vardy / Firmino / Tammy or Jimenez (switch to Ings in a few weeks)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Might have to reconsider Martial after that shitshow last night. I know he didn't play but we are just abysmal creatively. Norwich home is still a great fixture but it felels like booking in a transfer further down the road again.

Hmmm, tempting....

McCarthy / Fabianski

TAA / Soy / Lund / Dunk / Holgate

Mane or Salah / KDB / Mahrez / Sarr / Cantwell

Vardy / Firmino / Tammy or Jimenez (switch to Ings in a few weeks)
Yeah i like this team. What rank are you?

Nickosaur

So - Mane or Salah. Which one? I currently have neither.

And don't be a cheeky fecker and say both. I'm not doing it!

MVP_88

Depends on rank and where you are in your league. If you’re chasing, Salah as he’s less owned at time of response.

Paul_Scholes18

I am saying Mane. Salah has only 1 away goal and is often not that great in the big games. I don't think he has scored against us before, but could be wrong. Think Firmino can match him given that he is good in big games and away games.

Could be just a fluke with Salah though since he did score against City this season and I am not sure we will manage another 0-0/1-1 or better this time around.

I say you can wait one week before getting one though or even wait for the double unless you are selling Kane.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I've already got Mane so I'm torn between Salah n Firmino. Stats suggest Firmino might be the wiser move for the double and he's also much cheaper. However I imagine Salah will be brought in by many more (in addition to people who already have him) and captained by loads too. If he scores big and you don't own it will be a real rank killer for sure. Firmino going mad won't effect my rank of 6k as much so I'm leaning towards Salah. Don't think i will keep him for ages though.

Paul_Scholes18

I've already got Mane so I'm torn between Salah n Firmino. Stats suggest Firmino might be the wiser move for the double and he's also much cheaper. However I imagine Salah will be brought in by many more (in addition to people who already have him) and captained by loads too. If he scores big and you don't own it will be a real rank killer for sure. Firmino going mad won't effect my rank of 6k as much so I'm leaning towards Salah. Don't think i will keep him for ages though.
I guess it depend on if you want to take a risk or not. If Firmino beats Salah it will boost your ranking a lot if you have him, but also hurt if the opposite happens. I still think Mane will be the most popular captain for that week.
I don't expect big wins for Liverpool. Wolves is hard and they might even fail to score in that one. Last time they got lucky with VAR to get the only goal against them. West Ham under Moyes will park the bus and Fabianski is a very good keeper.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I guess it depend on if you want to take a risk or not. If Firmino beats Salah it will boost your ranking a lot if you have him, but also hurt if the opposite happens. I still think Mane will be the most popular captain for that week.
I don't expect big wins for Liverpool. Wolves is hard and they might even fail to score in that one. Last time they got lucky with VAR to get the only goal against them. West Ham under Moyes will park the bus and Fabianski is a very good keeper.
Yeah I'm not seeing any cricket scores in those games either and it's why I'm edging towards double defence and maybe a leftfield TC on TAA. An assist and a clean sheet with bonus points in just one of those games would be a good return.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's a risk assessment. Who has the highest ceiling of the ones you don't own PLUS who has the capacity to kill your rank the most if you don't own. This is why I'm edging towards Salah. Probably got as high a ceiling as any of the others plus definitely has the highest capacity to hurt me if i don't get him in. Pretty boring really but when you're at 6k and still have all your chips you don't need to as cavalier.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I'm not seeing any cricket scores in those games either and it's why I'm edging towards double defence and maybe a leftfield TC on TAA. An assist and a clean sheet with bonus points in just one of those games would be a good return.
I am just saving my tripple captain. City are probably going to have 2 double gameweeks minimum (unless we actually turn it around which would be great) and Leicester 1 and maybe 2-3 if they are in both cups. Think I am going to aim for tripple captain Vardy, Sterling, De Bruyne or even a punt on Aguero. I have not looked up which games will be moved though, but I trust Vardy against most teams apart from Liverpool. Bench boost could be great if all the top sides are in it.

Paul_Scholes18

It's a risk assessment. Who has the highest ceiling of the ones you don't own PLUS who has the capacity to kill your rank the most if you don't own. This is why I'm edging towards Salah. Probably got as high a ceiling as any of the others plus definitely has the highest capacity to hurt me if i don't get him in. Pretty boring really but when you're at 6k and still have all your chips you don't need to as cavalier.
Sure, but to reach the top you sometimes need to bet against the majority when you think the majority is not doing the best thing. This time I am not sure the majority is doing the right thing with tripple captain Salah if that is what you fear.
I am personally going to keep my options open a bit longer by keeping Alli and save 2 transfers. News from Klopp about Milner is key. If Milner is ready to play then I am not going to go for Salah. Although still a long way to go before the double.

MVP_88

What rank are you? Don’t think you’ve mentioned it..

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I am just saving my tripple captain. City are probably going to have 2 double gameweeks minimum (unless we actually turn it around which would be great) and Leicester 1 and maybe 2-3 if they are in both cups. Think I am going to aim for tripple captain Vardy, Sterling, De Bruyne or even a punt on Aguero. I have not looked up which games will be moved though, but I trust Vardy against most teams apart from Liverpool. Bench boost could be great if all the top sides are in it.
Yeah City and Leicester look likely to blank in GW28 due to the EFL cup final and other parameters around the FA Cup. Remains to be seen where those fixtures would be rescheduled though and we wouldn't find out before GW24.

I aint going anywhere near City for TC this season as they rotate too much and will likely be focusing on the CL later in the season.

Leicester could be a good shout but again it would be a gamble to wait.

The beauty of using it in GW24 is we know Klopp gives no shits about the FA Cup so can be fairly confident that he'll rest players for that 4th round game in between double PL fixtures where he should put out a full strength side for both.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Be careful doing that. City may well be safe in top 4 and have CL games on their minds. They are already out of the title race don't forget. This is why I think using TC with Liverpool in GW24 makes most sense. They will surely go full strength or close to in both games.

Nickosaur

I was thinking Salah but you lot are making me think otherwise.

I'm at 680k. In my work league, my rivals have all got Mane. I haven't had Mane or Salah all season and I'm still in the race. I think I'm gonna go Salah.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Who are people making Captain this week? Surely between Vardy party and KDB?
Vardy (c) for me. Not expecting another hattrick and 9-0 again but surely he's got to get an attacking return? He's fresh too after missing last 2 games.

Paul_Scholes18

Be careful doing that. City may well be safe in top 4 and have CL games on their minds. They are already out of the title race don't forget. This is why I think using TC with Liverpool in GW24 makes most sense. They will surely go full strength or close to in both games.
I think Real will knock them out and then Pep will be angry and go full revenge mood on Norwich when they play them too. Although if they beat Real they might rest more players around that time.
Leicester are still going to focus on the league I think even if they reach an Fa cup semi final. Spurs in a double could be pretty good too. We might manage to get into quarter final if we can sneak past Wolves, but if we are still in Europa league that will be our main aim.
Chelsea should focus on the league too and could get a double since I don't think they will beat Bayern. Arsenal will probably focus on Europa league if they get that far in both cups.

Good point on Pool though. Future double gameweeks might be after they have already won it. Or it might be when they win it and they try to do it with style. It is not even obvious they will reach that far in the cup if they play the reserves in most rounds.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think Real will knock them out and then Pep will be angry and go full revenge mood on Norwich when they play them too. Although if they beat Real they might rest more players around that time.
Leicester are still going to focus on the league I think even if they reach an Fa cup semi final. Spurs in a double could be pretty good too. We might manage to get into quarter final if we can sneak past Wolves, but if we are still in Europa league that will be our main aim.
Chelsea should focus on the league too and could get a double since I don't think they will beat Bayern. Arsenal will probably focus on Europa league if they get that far in both cups.

Good point on Pool though. Future double gameweeks might be after they have already won it. Or it might be when they win it and they try to do it with style. It is not even obvious they will reach that far in the cup if they play the reserves in most rounds.
Think they will beat Madrid personally. When they get Laporte and Sane back in next few weeks they will go up another few gears again. Madrid aren't that great in all honesty. Fancy City to knock them out.

Paul_Scholes18

Think they will beat Madrid personally. When they get Laporte and Sane back in next few weeks they will go up another few gears again. Madrid aren't that great in all honesty. Fancy City to knock them out.
To step up a few gears is just what I think Real will do. Have seen that before in CL. With City it has been the other way around historically.
Sane when back is someone I might bring in for sure if he can find some form. Could be my differential tripple captain ;).

Leicester not looking that good with 3 man defense really now against Villa. Vardy also missed some chances. Captain against Southampton or not might not be set in stone. I doubt they will do another 9-0 since Southampton has played well recently.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Captain on Jimenez at the moment vs Newcastle at home.

ROFLUTION

Wilddddcarrrrd time :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Henderson - McGovern
Sidibe - Trent - Soyuncu - Lundstram - Simpson
Salah - Mane - De Bruyne - Son - Martial
Calvert Lewin
- Connolly - Greenwood

Could have gone Alli > Son and spend an extra mil on Simpson (3.9), but not sure where Alli will play after Kane's injury. Looks like Son and Moura will be the ones on top.

Basically just realized my fantasy-muppet midfield dreams :drool:. Plan is to mostly tinker with g, defence and attack, unless someone gets injured. Spend 7 hours on it yesterday :lol:

MVP_88

Henderson - McGovern
Calvert Lewin
- Connolly - Greenwood

Could have gone Alli > Son and spend an extra mil on Simpson (3.9), but not sure where Alli will play after Kane's injury. Looks like Son and Moura will be the ones on top.

Basically just realized my fantasy-muppet midfield dreams :drool:. Plan is to mostly tinker with g, defence and attack, unless someone gets injured. Spend 7 hours on it yesterday :lol:
Recommend getting some Leicester coverage considering their fixtures in next 10 gameweeks whether it’s Maddison, Vardy or Perez.

ROFLUTION

Please help! Which team?

(Current)
Pope
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial, Alli
Vardy, Ings

(Alt A)
Pope
TAA, Robertson, Lord Lundstram
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial
Vardy, Ings, Jiminez

Subs: Button, Dendoncker, Rico, Kelly

(Alt B)
Pope
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Martial, Son
Vardy, Ings

Big fan of Son myself, however Robertson (Alt A) is probably the safest way to points, keeping in mind they've held 5 clean sheets in a row. Ayew is a fair option in two weeks, but even though he can be flashy, I'm still a bit content with his end-product. Wouldn't go Jimenez myself, but that's because I look at 5 games ahead and go for Calvert Lewin, so I don't need to swap out Jimenez in 2 games time when his fixtures toughen up.

TLDR: I'd probably go Calvert Lewin + Robertson if possible

hubbuh

Henderson - McGovern
Calvert Lewin
- Connolly - Greenwood

That's pretty good. Rather DCL over Ings?

ADVICE pretty please!

Alt A - Dunk, Maddison, Jiménez (for a -4)
or
Alt B - Williams and Sterling (with a view to Sterling>Salah for DGW)

MVP_88

ADVICE pretty please!

or
Depends who you have already. Tricky to offer good advice without knowing your full squad

ROFLUTION

ADVICE pretty please!

or
Yeah Ings's still too expensive for me, but if DCL and Sidibe doesnt kick off, Ill go Ings+Kelly or similar cheap defender with a good schedule

Id avoid Sterling (not in great form) and maybe just go straight to Salah if possible. I believe that big players performs in big games.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Tempted to bench De Bruyne this week and go with:

Pope
Baldock TAA Chilwell
Traore Martial Maddison Salah
DCL Jimenez Vardy

Bench: KDB Lundstram Gomez

Between KDB and Maddison for the first team... Southampton at home looks interesting though for Maddison.

ROFLUTION

Yeah Ings's still too expensive for me, but if DCL and Sidibe doesnt kick off, Ill go Ings+Kelly or similar cheap defender with a good schedule

Id avoid Sterling (not in great form) and maybe just go straight to Salah if possible. I believe that big players performs in big games.
Btw Ings is performing +4.61 goals more than his xG, so Im a bit curious to whether his form will drop

hubbuh

Everton have got a good run fixtures, won't be surprised to see a reaction after the shoddy performance at Anfield.

Salah right now will cost a -4! If I can hold off until GW24 I can get him in for free.

hubbuh

Depends who you have already. Tricky to offer good advice without knowing your full squad
Pope
TAA - Soy - Lund
Grealish - Mane - KDB - Martial - Alli
Vardy - Ings
(Greenwood, Aurier, Kelly)

I was thinking either;
or
Alt B - Williams and Sterling (with a view to Sterling + Kelly>Salah + 3.9 defender for DGW)

It'd leave my defence extremely weak. Risky, I'm effectively banking on Sterling and a triple Liverpool haul until I could rebalance after the DGW. What ye reckon mate?

Paul_Scholes18

Btw Ings is performing +4.61 goals more than his xG, so Im a bit curious to whether his form will drop
For me that shows that he is effective which I like. Thus even playing him against leicester can be worth it because he gets 1 chance and he scores even if they get dominated. I was thinking about benching him and playing Soyuncu, but I might just bench Delli Alli against Pool instead and play them both.
It is the same with Auba even when Arsenal are shit. Although he cost a bit too much to justify him for me right now since I would not trust him enough as a captain.

Rashford who waste chances annoy me more to have since once the creativity from our midfield is crap with the likes of Lingard in it his productivity will go down unless we can counter attack. Same with Sterling really too.

ROFLUTION

For me that shows that he is effective which I like. Thus even playing him against leicester can be worth it because he gets 1 chance and he scores even if they get dominated. I was thinking about benching him and playing Soyuncu, but I might just bench Delli Alli against Pool instead and play them both.
It is the same with Auba even when Arsenal are shit. Although he cost a bit too much to justify him for me right now since I would not trust him enough as a captain.

Rashford who waste chances annoy me more to have since once the creativity from our midfield is crap with the likes of Lingard in it his productivity will go down unless we can counter attack. Same with Sterling really too.
Im not sure I understand xG completely, but In the betting thread someone explaining it said eventually almost every player adjust to their xG over a season, so in that case Ings would also regress to his xG eventually, even though I know what you mean - he's definitely clinical