Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Did that with Auba and Maddison with a 2 gw outlook. Has gone brilliantly so far. NOT
Yeah that's really unlucky.

Aguero vs Westham is tempting me but then City play Real Madrid a few days later so Jesus worries me there tbh. Can see Aguero getting rested. Their league campaign is as good as done anyway. Auba has Newcastle at home next. I'm edging towards him as I'm more confident he will play.

Jiminez will be coming back into my team on the WC though.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yeah that's really unlucky.

Aguero vs Westham is tempting me but then City play Real Madrid a few days later so Jesus worries me there tbh. Can see Aguero getting rested. Their league campaign is as good as done anyway. Auba has Newcastle at home next. I'm edging towards him as I'm more confident he will play.
By a 'few days', do you mean 26 days...?

hubbuh

Replacements for commoner Lundstram? Lascelles, Fernandez or Stephens seem like the favourites?

Paul_Scholes18

Got 2 FT's going into next week and not sure what to do.

I have Lundstrum, Kelly n Dendocker stinking up the place and all 3 have lost their regular starting spots for their clubs. Also have Martial & Vardy on thin ice. Holgate n Calvert Lewin only good for one more gameweek too and then fixtures are horrendous. Wildcard is getting close.

Feeling like taking a 1 game week punt this week with my two FT's and wildcarding the week after. I can bring in Aguero or Auba this week for a 1 week punt.
Just take Lundstram out for O'Connell. Boring, but he might score from a corner or gets one assist like the one against Arsenal.
If you still got Vardy I would keep.
I think the break could do him well. Personally hope he can save the goals for Norwich when I bring him in again.
I regret selling him a lot :(. Cost me 18 points so far and I am forced to bring him back for the Auba blank too.
Hoping Auba will prove me wrong, but not happy with him. Burnley was his favorite team to play as well. Needs 4 goals and 6 bonus from him to go even with the transfer and Vardy to blank in both games. Basically a crap transfer so far mainly since I didn't captain Salah who was my only other option.
A risk that totally backfired so far.

Aguero is a nice punt if you dare to captain him. I fancy Jesus to start . Sterling or Aguero dropped?
Based on performance it should be Sterling. Although I would never trust Pep. He might want Sterling to start scoring again so plays him.
Aguero could need the rest too given his age.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Understandable mate, you probably saw the date for the Foxes game - still don't trust Guardiola's roulette though!
Me neither but it's a 1 week punt and Vardy would be the one going from my team and he has Wolves away. So it's probably a gamble worth taking. If Aguero starts you have to fancy a double digit haul. Jesus is an option though. Fancy them both to play with it being westham at home.

Rhyme Animal

Me neither but it's a 1 week punt and Vardy would be the one going from my team and he has Wolves away. So it's probably a gamble worth taking. If Aguero starts you have to fancy a double digit haul. Jesus is an option though. Fancy them both to play with it being westham at home.
Yeah, agree..

Will you Cap him though?

Paul_Scholes18

I just realised that. No idea why I thought that tbh. Aguero definitely tempting me more now.
It all comes down if he starts or not. If he starts then he is the best captain this week.
Although I think Salah is obvious since we do not know.
Also we do not know if Aguero takes pens. Milner might be back, but I doubt he will start.
Although we have seen him come from the bench to take pens before ;).

Vardy as a captain might be silly, but I quite fancy him against Wolves. Do not have him though.
Would still captain Salah here. It is Norwich so it doesn't get easier.
Even with Salahs poor away form he should score in that one.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thinking of captaining Aguero too but also afraid of Pep roulette, worst thing could to captain him then he brings him on for the last 20 mins.

Paul_Scholes18

Thinking of captaining Aguero too but also afraid of Pep roulette, worst thing could to captain him then he brings him on for the last 20 mins.
He will probably do that if he does not start. Scored last time from the bench though.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He will probably do that if he does not start. Scored last time from the bench though.
I think he only came on that game because City needed a goal.

Another factor is Aguero only played 60 mins vs Spurs so he might start.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
No one thinking of Mane captain? With everyone on Salah if you really want to climb ranks its best to look at the alternatives.

Paul_Scholes18

I think he only came on that game because City needed a goal.

Another factor is Aguero only played 60 mins vs Spurs so he might start.
Started two games in a row though with 0 goals for City.
Thus I expect Jesus to get the chance.
If Sterling got the red he deserved life would be easier. Good for me without Aguero.
Although once he starts and scored 3 I will still feel fecked.

Paul_Scholes18

No one thinking of Mane captain? With everyone on Salah if you really want to climb ranks its best to look at the alternatives.
That would be a stupid risk in my view. Back from injury so could even be rested. Taken off early since just back too.
Risks can be good, but not with players not certain to start due to injuries.
I don't think Klopp will rush him back with CL the week after.

For top class risks I would go with Son and Aguero as my top captains. Good, but far from ideal De Bruyne, Aubameyang, Firmino, Vardy, Jesus, Ings.
Stupid risks Sterling,Mahrez, Mane, Bruno, Martial. Insane Pogba, B Silva, Ighalo.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Started two games in a row though with 0 goals for City.
Thus I expect Jesus to get the chance.
If Sterling got the red he deserved life would be easier. Good for me without Aguero.
Although once he starts and scored 3 I will still feel fecked.
Didn't Sterling get injured?

Rhyme Animal

Dunno......probably leave it on Salah tbh. He has form, fixture and Liverpool have a habit of whacking Norwich home and away.
I reckon Firmino is most likely to haul in that game - Salah doesn't have great away record, and Mané is coming back to ruin the Salah party.

I'd say if you're bringing in Aguero / Aubergine, Cap them.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yes - though I'd also consider Barnes / Perez / Traore for less money...
Cheers. I've got money coming out of my eyeballs though. So tempted to wildcard and do all the changes I want.

Need to get rid of Lundstram, change Robertson to VVD, change my sub defender from Williams to someone else now Shaw is back (need 3 playing subs for the blank), change Martial out, change Ings out, maybe change Aguero to Auba. Ergh.

Rhyme Animal

Cheers. I've got money coming out of my eyeballs though. So tempted to wildcard and do all the changes I want.

Need to get rid of Lundstram, change Robertson to VVD, change my sub defender from Williams to someone else now Shaw is back (need 3 playing subs for the blank), change Martial out, change Ings out, maybe change Aguero to Auba. Ergh.
Sounds good - I'd pull the trigger on the WC mate.

Although... change Ings? Not sure man. And Aguero to Aubergine...? Again, not sure.

How much value you got?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sounds good - I'd pull the trigger on the WC mate.

Although... change Ings? Not sure man. And Aguero to Aubergine...? Again, not sure.

How much value you got?
I'm on 106.4, and that's after losing .5 getting rid of Vardy (also gaining money to actually spend though). With the Sheff defenders doing so well, plus some fairly cheap strikers being such good options, unless I want both Aguero and Auba it's pretty easy to get whoever I want.

Rhyme Animal

I'm on 106.4, and that's after losing .5 getting rid of Vardy (also gaining money to actually spend though). With the Sheff defenders doing so well, plus some fairly cheap strikers being such good options, unless I want both Aguero and Auba it's pretty easy to get whoever I want.
Nice. Yeah I can get Aguero and Auba also, but I'm actually leaning toward Aguero and Firmino as I think he's been looking increasingly explosive and my main rival has him as well!

Plus, he saves some extra money.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Feel like I can't leave Mane in my team hoping he plays while everyone else has Son or Salah vs Villa and Norwich. It's probably only 1 more GW he'll miss but the gamble didn't pay off last week, and don't think it's going to pay off this time either....

Wildcard team?

Pope
Stevens TAA Robbo
Salah KDB Son Richarilson Grealish
Ings Jimenez

bench: McCarthy, Lascelles, Tanganga, Martinelli

tempting to hit the button..

Last edited:

Adcuth

Got a good feeling about this week. Bergwijn, DCL, Salah, Firmino, TAA, KDB and Aguero. Gotta be some points there right?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Right, I'm on wildcard. Too many changes needed or wanted and I'm falling behind again despite climbing my way up the MLs.

At the moment my team is:

Pope
TAA Baldock Stevens (Tanganga, Fernandez)
Salah KDB Grealish Bergwijn (Cantwell)
Auba Firmino Jiminez

Number of options to change Bergwijn to if he doesn't perform/play as much as expected.
Will change Stevens for someone playing in the blank right before it.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Feel like I can't leave Mane in my team hoping he plays while everyone else has Son or Salah vs Villa and Norwich. It's probably only 1 more GW he'll miss but the gamble didn't pay off last week, and don't think it's going to pay off this time either....

Wildcard team?

Pope
Stevens TAA Robbo
Salah KDB Son Richarilson Grealish
Ings Jimenez

bench: McCarthy, Lascelles, Tanganga, Martinelli

tempting to hit the button..
He would have had a 3 week rest before the next Liverpool game, I'm pretty sure he will play unless his injury is worse than they originally thought. If he's fit I'm sure Klopp will play him to give him some match practice before the CL game. The other option is just to wait until Klopp's next press conference to see if he will be back for certain .

MVP_88

What happened to the 2 week winter break then? Some teams are playing this weekend? :confused:
The teams playing this weekend get 2 weeks after. Where the teams that didn’t play this weekend, play the weekend after the upcoming one

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I pushed the button last night. Even though I had 2 FT's I wanted at least 7 players gone for various reasons. Felt like the right time so did it.

OUT - Vardy, Lord Lundy, Kelly, Dendocker, Martial, DCL, Soyuncu, McCarthy & Mane - Mane the only one I'm worried about there.

IN - Pope (he's back in), Lascelles, VVD, Boly, Traore, Jiminez, Aguero, Fleck & H.Barnes have come in so far. However I still have 1.7m in the bank so Barnes is likely not to stay.

SteveTheRed

Is it game over for Lundstram, or should are we holding? Bench twice but the manager still loves him. I would only bring in another Sheffield United defender anyway, annoying to use a transfer on that!

Bergwijn in for Martial? Don't like that Martial will be sharing minutes now.
Look lively, worth a punt. Also Martial is a shithouse.