Fantasy Premier League 19/20

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People who have leaked SHU teams previously on Reddit are claiming Lundy starts and O’Connell is out injured. That’s enough for me to go with the Lord.

Also, who would people advise as a defender option, who is a cert to start this game week, for 4.5 million or under?
Targett at Villa probably. Has a DGW too.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Now moved on to this, but having three SHU defenders vs two AVL midfielders seems like I am hamstringing myself:

Difficulty is that there's so few appealing DGW defenders, with Arsenal, Villa and even City with Pep Roulette difficult to desire.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Now moved on to this, but having three SHU defenders vs two AVL midfielders seems like I am hamstringing myself:

Difficulty is that there's so few appealing DGW defenders, with Arsenal, Villa and even City with Pep Roulette difficult to desire.
Are you using Bench boost? If not, then its better to downgrade Henderson and one of Boly/Targett to two 3.9m players and upgrade someone like Ozil

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Are you using Bench boost? If not, then its better to downgrade Henderson and one of Boly/Targett to two 3.9m players and upgrade someone like Ozil
Yes, bench boosting. Everyone is playing.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Bit confused as to what to do, totally ignored FPL until now trying to make sense of best options before the deadline

I have Bench Boost, Triple Captain and Free Hit remaining. What is the general consensus for that?

Team at the moment if it helps:

Patricio
TAA Gomez Fernandez O'Connell
Fernandes Salah De Bruyne
Ings Jiminez Auba
Subs: Fleck, Lascelles, Douglas Luiz
There is no consensus! A lot of BB and FH being used though, not much mention of TC but it's also as good a week as any to use that

hubbuh

Bit confused as to what to do, totally ignored FPL until now trying to make sense of best options before the deadline

I have Bench Boost, Triple Captain and Free Hit remaining. What is the general consensus for that?

Team at the moment if it helps:

Patricio
TAA Gomez Fernandez O'Connell
Fernandes Salah De Bruyne
Ings Jiminez Auba
Subs: Fleck, Lascelles, Douglas Luiz
That looks like a good, well balanced team. Don't think I'd have triple Liverpool given they could have it sewn up within a couple of games and therefore there exists a risk of them taking their foot off the gas, so might look at getting Gomez out. I also swapped Ings for DCL but I'm not set on him either so question marks over that 3rd striker still there for me.

Cornish

From experience I’d avoid captaining keepers. You’d might as well do a Sheffield defender, who at least has a chance of scoring/assisting alongside the clean sheet.
Yeah I'm edging more towards Aguero I think. My thinking was that Henderson was about the only player I have that's all but guaranteed to play both games. My Sheff Utd defender is Lundstram and he's probably at most risk of not playing as much as anyone!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
People who have leaked SHU teams previously on Reddit are claiming Lundy starts and O’Connell is out injured. That’s enough for me to go with the Lord.

Targett at Villa probably. Has a DGW too.
Yeah I've just seen those leaks. Interestingly both also have £4m centre back Jack Robinson starting for Sheffield United. Worth a punt as a 3rd defender for anyone short on funds.

I might take a punt on McGinn if the Villa team leaks early and he's in. Villa have to score tonight.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah I've just seen those leaks. Interestingly both also have £4m centre back Jack Robinson starting for Sheffield United. Worth a punt as a 3rd defender for anyone short on funds.

I might take a punt on McGinn if the Villa team leaks early and he's in. Villa have to score tonight.
Yeah, I’m tempted on Robinson.

saivet

I've got Baldock and Lundstram in defence but if this Robinson plays and the team is leaked before the deadline I'll take out Baldock for Robinson and downgrade Doherty for Boly but upgrade Ayew for Jimenez.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Retsos is getting mentioned for SHU and Nyland over Reina for AVL. Might try and avoid those traps. Definitely having Lord Lundy though.

Skåre Willoch

Rumors on Twitter that Nyland starts ahead of Reina, just to complicate things even more.

Can't decide between A) Leno + Nyland/Reina or B) Henderson + Nyland/Reina.

If A I can turn Douglas Luiz into John Fleck.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
So after much deliberation - Im going BB but still have some spots to fill.

Ederson / Henderson
Lundstram / TAA / ? / ? / ?
KDB / Grealish / Saka / Fleck / ?
Aguero / Auba / Jiminez

I want to go all in on the DGW but Struggling to come up with any Villa or Arsenal defenders worth going for

Neo_Mufc

Ederson / Henderson
Aguero / Auba / Jiminez

I want to go all in on the DGW but Struggling to come up with any Villa or Arsenal defenders worth going for
Do you have a WC to use after?

You could bring in Luiz.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
While some rumours may be credible, others definitely won't be. Twitter will very much be full of the latter rather than the former too. So be cautious changing up your teams based on them.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Any last minute tips for me? I only have 0.1 in the bank. Using bench boost and still have TC and FH.

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss
KDB(c), Salah, Fernandes, Grealish
Aubamayang (c), DCL, Jiminez

Subs: Lord Button, Douglas Luiz, Lundstrum, Egan

hubbuh

Gaaah, taking Auba out for Rashford allows me to completely reshape my team. Allows me to do the following;
Button > Pope
Simpson > Kelly
O'Connell > Egan (downgrade I know)
Cantwell > Traoré
Much more balanced bench options.

FYI Fantasy Football site now has O'Connell as 25% chance of playing.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Which is better team?

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss

vs.

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss
KDB(c), Sterling, Fernandes, Grealish
Aubamayang (c), DCL, Rashford

hubbuh

Which is better team?

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss

vs.

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss
KDB(c), Sterling, Fernandes, Grealish
Aubamayang (c), DCL, Rashford

Tough one. Is there no way of getting a frontline of Auba - Rashford - Jiménez?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein the latter, just purely for the DGW
Tough one. Is there no way of getting a frontline of Auba - Rashford - Jiménez?
Nah, I would have to make quite a few switches to get Rash, Auba and Jimi.

A final option I have is:

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss
KDB(c), Mahrez, Fernandes, Grealish
Aubamayang (c), DCL, Aguero

My only issue throwing all the eggs into the City basket is that they are notorious for rotation and won't have much to play for in a weeks time so I could imagine the likes of Aguero being benched.

Neo_Mufc

Luiz Of Arsenal or Villa? Looked at both

Yes, FH at some point as well

difficult to know who will start for Arsenal
Luiz of Arsenal. Agreed very difficult to know who will start for Arsenal. You have the luxury of just going for it and completely changing your team for GW31.

I have put Leno, Sako and Auba. I will have to use transfers afterwards :(.

hubbuh

Nah, I would have to make quite a few switches to get Rash, Auba and Jimi.

A final option I have is:

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss
KDB(c), Mahrez, Fernandes, Grealish
Aubamayang (c), DCL, Aguero

My only issue throwing all the eggs into the City basket is that they are notorious for rotation and won't have much to play for in a weeks time so I could imagine the likes of Aguero being benched.
Assuming you're bench boosting? I'm not sure I'd triple up on City given Pep's keenness for rotation.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Assuming you're bench boosting? I'm not sure I'd triple up on City given Pep's keenness for rotation.
True. I can get in Rashford up top alongside Auba and Jimi if I downgrade Salah to Mahrez for this week and then take out Mahrez for Son next week... but I have a feeling Salah will have a good couple of weeks as Liverpool win the league...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Ederson / Henderson
Aguero / Auba / Jiminez

Villa have targett at 4.4 or their keeper at 4.5 which you can then change Henderson to a Sheff Utd extra defender.

Otherwise Leno for a cheap arsenal defensive player.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Settled on my free hit. Feel like Trent and Jimenez are worth while over any other DGW option (Laca and Arsenal defender). Could have gone Alonso and Laca instead but.. Trent is so good got to have him.

Hendo
Lundstram Trent Stevens
Grealish McGinn KdB Sterling
Aguero Auba Jimenez

Surely McGinn is too good for Villa to be completely rested, got to feature. Got Saiss on the bench incase.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is Mahrez likely to do well in this DGW? I just can't trust him but doing Salah for him will allow me to upgrade DCL to Rashy. Then next week I'd swap Mahrez for Son...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On the Bb and gone with 3 players from the 4 doublers. Covering off Aguero, De Bruyne, Auba, Grealish. All would be a huge risk to leave out.

Laporte,2 Sheff Utd defence and Fleck. Don't currently have Lundstram but will make a late call on that.

Mixed in with some tat like Villa defence and Saka of Arsenal

Also have kept TAA and Bruno as would lose 0.5m taking them out and Bruno is must have going forward.

Cheap Palace striker Ayew as a makeweight to allow all the above.

Did consider Barnes who at 6.2m is great value and would allow Ayew to. AChelsea striker but nice to watch your own team with a fantasy interest so Bruno stays.

Best of luck all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is Mahrez likely to do well in this DGW? I just can't trust him but doing Salah for him will allow me to upgrade DCL to Rashy. Then next week I'd swap Mahrez for Son...
He's the classic risk where he'll either get 1 point or 15.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'd say KDB as I can imagine Pep starting Jesus in one of their two games ahead of Aguero
Yeah you'd think he'd want Aguero fresh v Chelsea too. So Jesus to start against Burnley. But who knows with Pep. Of course this will be after Aguero bangs a hatty in against a woeful Arsenal.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Having to pick between him, Sterling, KDB and Aguero is doing my nut in today. Of all Mahrez is probably the one most dangerous coming on even as a sub so at least he has that going for him.

ROFLUTION

Yeah you'd think he'd want Aguero fresh v Chelsea too. So Jesus to start against Burnley. But who knows with Pep. Of course this will be after Aguero bangs a hatty in against a woeful Arsenal.
Hmm don't City have an FA Cup match after Chelsea? I'm thinking Aguero might be rested a bit there, as Pep has said something along the lines that he had two major games to focus on, FA Cup and CL.