Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Half of my team. 3 sheff defenders, kdb, mahrez, aguero. The rest of my team is TAA, salah, Fernandes, dcl, jiminez. Plus Cantwell and Fernandez on bench. Might have paid to have one more doubler. I’d rather have my team than some of those I’ve seen going all in on the double.
Ah well that last bit is a different story altogether - there will be some shoddy ones where they've picked players who aren't playing, reckless fools like Luis and suchlike :lol:

It's all a bit of a lotto, but you have to try and apply the best thinking you can.

I lost my triple captain last year on Sane. Played about 20mins of their 2 games, and got a 3pointer!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agree I got Nkethia who only got 3 points. Was him or Saka for me and I picked the wrong one.
A bit too brave there - as he'd only had a few games pre lockdown, when others were probably unavailable!
Saka had at least had a whole raft of appearances before hand and was in all the predicted lineups.

Paul_Scholes18

A bit too brave there - as he'd only had a few games pre lockdown, when others were probably unavailable!
Saka had at least had a whole raft of appearances before hand and was in all the predicted lineups.
Was not sure Saka would play in midfield now after he played as a leftback.
Sold Ings to get him so I wish I had kept Ings and then downgraded a midfielder to Saka.
Easy to say in hindsight. I wanted double Villa and 3 City midfielders.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ah well that last bit is a different story altogether - there will be some shoddy ones where they've picked players who aren't playing, reckless fools like Luis and suchlike :lol:

It's all a bit of a lotto, but you have to try and apply the best thinking you can.

I lost my triple captain last year on Sane. Played about 20mins of their 2 games, and got a 3pointer!!
Yeah, I get it. Just from playing fpl for the a bit now, I've realised it's not the be and end all for maximising points in a dgw.

Who are your Sheff defenders anyway? I shied away from the obvious choices and went with Stevens, Egan, and Robinson. Good move so far!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, I get it. Just from playing fpl for the a bit now, I've realised it's not the be and end all for maximising points in a dgw.

Who are your Sheff defenders anyway? I shied away from the obvious choices and went with Stevens, Egan, and Robinson. Good move so far!
Robinson may only play one of the games but he's cheap and already banked for you.

Lundstram i was on the fantasy sites close to kick off as he was rumoured out then in. So was glad he's back in favour.
Basham and Egan too. Both cheaper then other choices but none of the defenders do much attacking wise except for Lundstram.

Had originally had an eye on Fleck who has scored 5 from midfield. But he was long a doubt and luckily fairly clear he was out.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You say that, but even getting injured Leno got 6 points, and Saka got 7. Those would be pretty decent 1 game scores for a keeper and a budget midfielder.
Or you could have just got Henderson and spent the extra money on someone better than Saka.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Auba is such a flop. EVERY TIME I get him in he blanks the useless peacock cnut
I know this feeling well ! Also wasted my TC on him prelockdown

Thankfully I went heavy on Wolves and they delivered Jiminez, Doherty, Traoré (can't believe he didn't start though)

I'm on 98 with a potential 8 more scores to come

Neo_Mufc

91 points with 8 players left to play. Really happy! Provided nothing goes wrong I should hit a 100+ which was my aim :)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Terrible day between Leno injury, Auba blanking and clean sheets for wolves and palace. I knew I should have gone for Doherty and Jimenez against WHU but too tempted by DGW.

Martial being awful didn’t help either.

Need a Sheffield United clean sheet, Grealish goal/assist and a de Bruyne/Mahrez masterclass now for it to have been worthwhile.

It’s all fine margins and luck. I had Cahill in and took him out, but he should have been off today, so you just never know

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Robinson may only play one of the games but he's cheap and already banked for you.

Lundstram i was on the fantasy sites close to kick off as he was rumoured out then in. So was glad he's back in favour.
Basham and Egan too. Both cheaper then other choices but none of the defenders do much attacking wise except for Lundstram.

Had originally had an eye on Fleck who has scored 5 from midfield. But he was long a doubt and luckily fairly clear he was out.
Nice. Yeah Robinson was a punt in that it’s abd miss whether he plays both. Hopefully plays the other one then will get rid.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Or you could have just got Henderson and spent the extra money on someone better than Saka.
Henderson is 5.3, Leno is 5.0

Even if it was the other way round you wouldn't get anyone better than Saka (4.7m) for 5m!

saivet

No Lundstram today, but Robinson, Henderson and Dubravka all start Hoping for another 0-0.

I have Laporte, KDB, Trent and Grealish to play later today and tomorrow too.

Positive start for me with 99 points in the bank with my bench boost so far. I only have the free hit left, no idea when I will opt to use it though.

Neo_Mufc

No Lundstram today, but Robinson, Henderson and Dubravka all start Hoping for another 0-0.

I have Laporte, KDB, Trent and Grealish to play later today and tomorrow too.

Positive start for me with 99 points in the bank with my bench boost so far. I only have the free hit left, no idea when I will opt to use it though.
I too only have FH left. My GW31+ team doesn't actually look that bad considering the crazy BB week. Maybe I shouldn't rush to use it just yet.

Do we know if there are any more DGW's left?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I too only have FH left. My GW31+ team doesn't actually look that bad considering the crazy BB week. Maybe I shouldn't rush to use it just yet.

No. All the fa cup games won't affect the league now. And Europe is running separately in August.

Neo_Mufc

No. All the fa cup games won't affect the league now. And Europe is running separately in August.
I have 1 transfer available at the moment. If I use FH in GW31 will I gain an extra transfer?

With that being the case it may be worth using the FH as early as possible then because if teams don't have much to play for it might be a lot more difficult predicting who starts.

saivet

No more DGW's. The problem with it is deciding the week it's most useful. Leaving it to the last GW is probably not optimal.

I think I'll just use it if my squad has a few injuries or the fixtures don't look good for my squad, but no idea when that will be.

Paul_Scholes18

I feared for no Lundstram and was right. Error keeping him over Egan, but I had that nice team value. Have to sell him now anyway on the wildcard.
Might score from the bench still.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
I feared for no Lundstram and was right. Error keeping him over Egan, but I had that nice team value. Have to sell him now anyway on the wildcard.
Might score from the bench still.
The gamble with Lundstrum was that he was likely to play 1 game and be benched the other but had the chances of attacking returns in at least one of his games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have 1 transfer available at the moment. If I use FH in GW31 will I gain an extra transfer?

With that being the case it may be worth using the FH as early as possible then because if teams don't have much to play for it might be a lot more difficult predicting who starts.
No the FH kills the accumulated transfer so you'd be back to one transfer from this week's squad.

Could well be smart to do as you say there.
I'll be activating my wildcard today after the 12 doubles.

Will probs get the Arsenal reserve keeper in there as 4.2 could be superb value. Or at worst a great facilitator of other players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The gamble with Lundstrum was that he was likely to play 1 game and be benched the other but had the chances of attacking returns in at least one of his games.
This is the gamble a lot of us took.
And as average as Newcastle are they still might score today.
But i will definitely take Lundy out of the wildcard team.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
This is the gamble a lot of us took.
And as average as Newcastle are they still might score today.
But i will definitely take Lundy out of the wildcard team.
Ye my wildcard team is completely different to what I had this week. Will probably keep Egan in it despite his red as was going to bench him in the next game anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

Bad afternoon here. At least I didn't get Egan who I considered so strongly.
Still up on high points.
Will see what Villa can do against Chelsea too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is more the fantasy footy we know.
17 from three Sheff Utd first game and is -2 from this game.

Least SU lost for United sake though.
Hope Grealish, Targett and El Ghazi do something.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
At this rate I will barely rise 500k-something to 400k-something unless my City boys haul. Use of unlimited transfers, Bench Boost and the second Wildcard to achieve that is not great.

Already know what I want to do with my wildcard roughly though: 3 United, 3 Wolves, TAA, Mane or Salah and good value options to fill the gaps.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck after such a good start is gone Pete tong.

Egen red, Henderson and Lundy blanks, nothing from my three villa players and Salah on bench :(

Paul_Scholes18

6 points from 5 today. Pretty bad. Double gameweek with BB not paying off much. Although I had a great start so up on 116 with 4 to go.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Right, so I need to get Baldock and Grealish out. Thinking either Coady (Wolves) or Maguire and then a cheap midfielder. Problem is there's no decent cheap mids.

Advice? I'm considering St. Maximim but it might be too much of a punt.

Paul_Scholes18

Right, so I need to get Baldock and Grealish out. Thinking either Coady (Wolves) or Maguire and then a cheap midfielder. Problem is there's no decent cheap mids.

Armstrong maybe? Arsenal next could be fun for him. Although they got tough fixtures to come.
Sarr can be good if you got some more money.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
6 points from 5 today. Pretty bad. Double gameweek with BB not paying off much. Although I had a great start so up on 116 with 4 to go.
Yep, similar. Bad day. Thankfully banked over 100 so far, with TAA, and the big Man City 3 tomorrow including DB captain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Grealish out would be an interesting one. They just look so bereft of goal threat, and could potentially shunt him down to another 4.7m to have a Mane, De Bruyne, Bruno middle 3 and Ings, Vardy, Jiminez front 3.

Saiss in my thoughts for now, as I think Docherty is just out of reasonable range unless TAA is sacrificed.