Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Paul_Scholes18

Yep, similar. Bad day. Thankfully banked over 100 so far, with TAA, and the big Man City 3 tomorrow including DB captain.
My 3 are Mahrez, Sterling and KDB(C). Hope at least either Mahrez or Sterling start. Expecting some form of rotation though.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Grealish out would be an interesting one. They just look so bereft of goal threat, and could potentially shunt him down to another 4.7m to have a Mane, De Bruyne, Bruno middle 3 and Ings, Vardy, Jiminez front 3.

Saiss in my thoughts for now, as I think Docherty is just out of reasonable range unless TAA is sacrificed.
That's a better idea tbh. I'll run with Saiss for now and put Grealish on the bench (prefer Saka for an assist against Southampton). Possibly take a -4 the week after dependent on how well my other mids do (Martial in particular).

Villa's fixtures are truly awful after Newcastle. I can't see them scoring many, if any.

Paul_Scholes18

Grealish out would be an interesting one. They just look so bereft of goal threat, and could potentially shunt him down to another 4.7m to have a Mane, De Bruyne, Bruno middle 3 and Ings, Vardy, Jiminez front 3.

Saiss in my thoughts for now, as I think Docherty is just out of reasonable range unless TAA is sacrificed.
Doherty is so bloody good though. He carries my team. Should maybe make him my captain in the future.
5 games and more than 9 points average for me. Just insane stats for a defender.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My 3 are Mahrez, Sterling and KDB(C). Hope at least either Mahrez or Sterling start. Expecting some form of rotation though.
Inevitable!
You'd imagine De Bruyne and Aguero will start, as they played something like 65 and 15, but Sterling and Mahrez have to be at some threat.

It's classic fantasy football - basically had about 95, with all manner of scores into the distance looking likely.
Then go through 6 players with about 6 points added! Have to laugh.

Big call on what to do next week now. Have a freehit and a wildcard, but could definitely try and squeeze through with just 1 transfer and go with what I have. But with Sheff Utd at United - and Egan suspended, it leaves very little margin on the starting 11 all starting!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Doherty is so bloody good though. He carries my team. Should maybe make him my captain in the future.
5 games and more than 9 points average for me. Just insane stats for a defender.
Depends how much you want or can put in defence. If you have TAA who i have at 7.5 (currently 7.8?), then Doch at 6.3 or so is a lot tied up in two.

But Wolves look to be critical to cover with their run in - I've just had a look and we have to be worried about them now!

Paul_Scholes18

Inevitable!
You'd imagine De Bruyne and Aguero will start, as they played something like 65 and 15, but Sterling and Mahrez have to be at some threat.

It's classic fantasy football - basically had about 95, with all manner of scores into the distance looking likely.
Then go through 6 players with about 6 points added! Have to laugh.

Big call on what to do next week now. Have a freehit and a wildcard, but could definitely try and squeeze through with just 1 transfer and go with what I have. But with Sheff Utd at United - and Egan suspended, it leaves very little margin on the starting 11 all starting!
Wildcard on for me. Bruno in. Maybe Ings or DCL again. Chilwell in I think with the fixtures Leicester got or Wan Bissaka maybe from us.
Spurs got great fixtures so should go with Bergwijn or maybe Son if I can afford him.
Dubravka in goal I think given the nice fixtures they got.
Up front I want to pick Rashford, but he didn't look great for us against Spurs. Might just wait with him.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Sheffield United and Arsenal have finished me off. A terrible score for a bench boost. Too many bad choices. Disaster of a season for me.

Lessons learned for next season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wildcard on for me. Bruno in. Maybe Ings or DCL again. Chilwell in I think with the fixtures Leicester got or Wan Bissaka maybe from us.
Spurs got great fixtures so should go with Bergwijn or maybe Son if I can afford him.
Dubravka in goal I think given the nice fixtures they got.
Up front I want to pick Rashford, but he didn't look great for us against Spurs. Might just wait with him.
Rashy is one of those streak players, where he'll do nothing, but then starting booting double figures. I'm a bit concerned he's a bit too highly valued to be playing as a winger though. I've tended to favour Martial who "should" be better value as a proper out of position player - and next season he surely will be a forward in the game.

I wonder if they'll move Rashford to a midfielder. If Salah and Mane are, why not Rashford? Both of those play up front as much as he does.

Neo_Mufc

Make that 8 points from 6 players. Gomez doesn't start and then comes on 40th minute for 1 point.

Banking on a Pep feck up now.

Withnail

100 pts with De Bruyne to play as captain so happy enough.

Any one got any info on why Salah didn't even come off the bench?

If he's only going to be fit for a few mins on Wed I might swap him out for Mane.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Next GW Fernandes (C) against a Sheffield without O Connell Egan and Henderson?

ROFLUTION

Took a -8 hit, but quite happy going forward.

Abraham on the bench ruined some plans for me, but Greenwood looks like he'll get good opportunities and looked way better than James against Spurs to be honest.

Pope
Trent - Laporte - Doherty
Son - Martial - Bruno - KDB
Aguero - Jimenez - Greenwood

Bench: Cantwell - Egan - Basham - Stekelenburg

Every line is strong, but like everyone I'll be a bit screwed when rotation hits, so I'll sub Egan for Saiss next round I think. Or Lascelles + Taylor / Neto

ROFLUTION

Next GW Fernandes (C) against a Sheffield without O Connell Egan and Henderson?
I'm torn. He's amazing, but would we save players if we get the lead? Jimenez has Bournemouth at home too, and Son has West Ham who looked weak. They'll get 70-90 min action both I suspect, but Bruno is just... The best signing we've made in the last 6-8 years

What does everybody else think? Should I captain:

a) Son (West ham H)
b) Jimenez (Bournemouth H)
c) Bruno (Sheff U H)
d) Doherty (Bournemouth H)

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
I'm torn. He's amazing, but would we save players if we get the lead? Jimenez has Bournemouth at home too, and Son has West Ham who looked weak. They'll get 70-90 min action both I suspect, but Bruno is just... The best signing we've made in the last 6-8 years

a) Son (West ham H)
c) Bruno (Sheff U H)
From those Bruno I would think. Salah or Bruno for me and I have Doherty and Jimenez too.

Neo_Mufc

These gameweeks are going to fly by. Any advice what I should do with my team? I have FH left and 1 transfer.

I actually don't think my team is that bad but I have no keeper.

Nickosaur

I've done great this week. Probably is, with no wildcard and only a free hit left, my team is in tatters

Players I'm looking to shift:
Egan (poor fixtures, suspended)
Lundstrum (poor fixtures, not nailed)
Henderson (poor fixtures, ineligible next game)
Targett (it's Villa)
Grealish (it's Villa)
Auba (arsenal ffs)
Leno (injured and arsenal ffs)

I'm fecked :lol:

Patchbeard

I've done great this week. Probably is, with no wildcard and only a free hit left, my team is in tatters

Targett (it's Villa)
Grealish (it's Villa)
Auba (arsenal ffs)

I'm in a similar position with some different Villa & Arsenal players but not quite so heavy on Sheffield United fortunately. I'm sticking with Auba, whenever I transfer him out he scores so feck him :mad:

I think the best time to freehit might be GW33 because us, City, Livepool and Chelsea all have easy games on paper. Just had a play around and could field this 11:
Kepa
TAA, Christensen, Lascelles
Salah, KDB, Fernandes, Martial, Mount
Aguero, Rashford

Bench:
Utter shite

Paul_Scholes18

a) Son (West ham H)
c) Bruno (Sheff U H)
I am thinking Mane or Son depending on who I get.
Doherty has been so good so should maybe be brave and pick him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Targett (it's Villa)
Grealish (it's Villa)
Auba (arsenal ffs)

I'm looking to shift all of those too :)

I'd use your freehit mate - that gets Egan and Hendo back in 2 weeks time. Grealish and Targett at least will play - as will Auba, so it's not that big a disaster really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These gameweeks are going to fly by. Any advice what I should do with my team? I have FH left and 1 transfer.

I actually don't think my team is that bad but I have no keeper.

That's quite a nice team mate. A shame City have Chelsea away,. a tough game, but it is City!
Maybe a lack of Liverpool - that could be a killer - especially home to Palace, but very expensive.

I'd just make a keeper transfer - probably just Leno to their reserve Martinez, buys a bit of cash, and although Arsenal have started badly, they were decent pre lockdown in 2020. It's very low risk, as if he concedes, he concedes, then you're back to your normal keeper Henderson.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What do we think is essential this coming game week?

I'm thinking

Jiminez, a Wolves defender, Bruno for certain. Lascelles looks superb value too.

Vardy is another I'm thinking, and maybe Ings as a third decent priced striker, albeit not necessarily for this week playing Arsenal.

Torn over Liverpool.I have TAA who is expensive, and Mane would definitely be a squeeze at 12.5 - can we do without him?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What do we think is essential this coming game week?

I'm thinking

Jiminez, a Wolves defender, Bruno for certain. Lascelles looks superb value too.

Vardy is another I'm thinking, and maybe Ings as a third decent priced striker, albeit not necessarily for this week playing Arsenal.

Torn over Liverpool.I have TAA who is expensive, and Mane would definitely be a squeeze at 12.5 - can we do without him?
Might be worth it. He'll get goals but Liverpool will probably go off the boil after they wrap up their asterix.

I fancy Dubravka more so than any Newcastle defender.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Might be worth it. He'll get goals but Liverpool will probably go off the boil after they wrap up their asterix.

I fancy Dubravka more so than any Newcastle defender.
As there's only 8 game weeks left, and no quirky ones, ie FA cup quarter final weekend where only say 6-8 teams play, and no more doubles, I'm wondering if the free hit might be worth playing THIS week.

Later on it might be more of a gamble when rotations kick in.

Paul_Scholes18

No De Bruyne for City. Didn't expect him to suffer the rotation. Going to be hard to read Pep going forward.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bloody nightmare trying to second guess Pep. When KDB came off on 65 mins I thought that's definitely meaning he's starting this one. And it was 5 days ago too.

Sterling benched too. Great FH this is turning out to be. Hahahahahahah

Dan_F

I guess Sterling on the bench was expected. I am seriously doubting putting Aguero in going forward though.

United Hobbit

Very faintly starting to consider Foden wonder if Pep will start using him more especially when Liverpool win the league.

Paul_Scholes18

Mahrez with 2 goals. Didn't expect that from him. Should have captained him over KDB with super much hindsight.

United Hobbit

If only my triple captain KDB had been on the pitch he probably would have taken that penalty cheers Pep

Thought I might actually break 100 points this week I'm on 98 currently but only KDB left