Fantasy Premier League 19/20

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Well I’m happy you are here then! Should I downgrade Wilson to Jimenez you think or would that be a stupid move?
A bit of sideways move which is always a little risky with sometimes little to gain. I'd definitely wait it out this week then assess both fixture lists. Wolves are obviously a better team though.

90 + 5min

Great start. Over 100 p. Now comes the question. Should I save my transfer or change Perez, Rose or van Aanholt to cheaper players. Looking at the future to bring one more playing forward instead of Greenwood. Tottenham should soon have better fixtures. Crystal Palace will have harder. And Leicester will have tough fixtures.

1. Perez -> McGinn (to save 1)
2. Aanholt -> Lundstram (to save 1,5m)
3. Rose -> Lundstram (to save 1,5m)

Right now my team for week 2 is:

Kane - King
Sterling - Martial - (Perez) - Salah
WanBissaka - van Aanholt - Rico - Dunk
Henderson

Pope - Rose - Moutinho - Greenwood

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well, feck me! Seems the pricechange-websites has not quite got the algorithm this year, lots of pricechanges this morning, I wanted Martial in :(

Price Rises! #FPL ⬆ Ederson £6.1m ⬆ Sterling £12.1m ⬆ Rashford £8.6m ⬆ de Gea £5.6m ⬆ Martial £7.6m

Price Falls! #FPL ⬇ Özil £7.4m ⬇ Matip £5.4m ⬇ Alisson £5.9m ⬇ Sané £9.4m
Happy with 0.3 up. But slightly gutted i didn't go with rashford as per original plan.

However, Wilson and King may spring to life this weekend.
Better do as they have city game 3.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Captain Hindsight is alive and well in here I see. Anyone have any predictions before this weeks games rather than after them?
Wilson and King to continue their frustrating of people and go points nut after not in an easier game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Baffled that people are wildcarding already, get a grip of yourself man/woman!

In GW2 we will have twice as much information to go on. Stay on course and don't make rash moves.
Agreed. Ive often wildcarded between weeks 3-5. But after week 1 is ludicrous. What if a tonne of players suddenly emerge in week two?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Blows my mind people actually went with Fraser over Martial knowing he had the 9 back and would start pretty much every game. One plays for Man Utd, one plays for Bournemouth. Fraser is a good player and was great last year in FPL but Martial as a striker is a different level.
Bournemouth were animal goals and assist merchants last year and had potential relegation rivals at home.

Whereas Chelsea are still Chelsea, mixed in with No-one truly knowing if United would pick up their dreadful form that ended last season.

I engineered having 4 United players by brin ging Maguire in before the move. But alas bottled andwent down to 2!

SteveTheRed

Agreed. Ive often wildcarded between weeks 3-5. But after week 1 is ludicrous. What if a tonne of players suddenly emerge in week two?!
Yep if I can hold out until the 2nd international break at start of October then i'm happy. That gives 8 free transfers to do and practically a whole new starting 11 before that point.

Or by the 1st international break after GW4.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
how bad were Soton last week? I'm thinking of captaining Gilfi as a bit of a risk as it's still early in the season and Watford we're fecking woeful

Team will be

Pope

Stones - VVD - Roberston

Martial - Sterling - Salah - Gilfi - Perez

King - Adams

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I feel like Lampard might be the new fantasy football troll. I want to put pulisic or Barkley in my team, but I feel like Lampard is too unpredictable at the moment. I was surprised when Pulisic didn’t start first game. Lampard might have a thing for mount and other Chelsea academy players, so it preventing me from going in for pulisic or Barkley at the moment. I feel that the 4-0 loss was somewhat a fluke and Chelsea will be a much better team when they have a settled starting eleven. They have some cheap players who could be good point grabbers this season.

RedMist99

Don't think Salah will complete 90 mins this weekend after last night and no guarantee of goals in the City Spurs game for Kane and Sterling so captaincy choices are limited.

I transferred in Pukki and have a hunch hes gonna get a couple at home to Newcastle so probably gonna put him as captain

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah might be a good week for a differential captain. Not worried about him starting but certainly a good chance that Salah gets subbed early, especially if they're comfortable.

I'm thinking Siggy or Digne home vs Watford at the moment.

Nickosaur

Yeah might be a good week for a differential captain. Not worried about him starting but certainly a good chance that Salah gets subbed early, especially if they're comfortable.

I'm thinking Siggy or Digne home vs Watford at the moment.
Was thinking the same... but its on Sterling atm.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Barkley might not start this week. Really confused if I should transfer him out.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Don't think Salah will complete 90 mins this weekend after last night and no guarantee of goals in the City Spurs game for Kane and Sterling so captaincy choices are limited.

I transferred in Pukki and have a hunch hes gonna get a couple at home to Newcastle so probably gonna put him as captain
I like this...

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Save your free transfers till the end of the week. Was burnt more than once using them straight after a gameweek and then someone would go injured and I'd have to take -4

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Having Greenwood tying up a United slot is looking a bit of a bum call at the moment.

Will see how this weekend goes, but may well have to downgrade a bit of Liverpool defensive coverage 7m & 6.5m and a midfielder down to 4.5m to upgrade him.

Was always a bit of a short term decision, as it's nice to have 3 strikers who are a threat, but midfield and defence they told me was where it's at!

FerociousCorgis

Took a chance and downgraded lacazette while hes a bit injured and tougher schedule to get pukki in. Might then swap out wilson for kane after the week and spurs done playing city. Who knows sounds like a fun gamble

Canuckred64

How many transfers do people make a week? Do they use up points regularly or just use the free one?
I lost on average 4 points per week since 2011, then last year I finally managed to lose a total of just 20 points on transfers. It was my worst season... :houllier:
That's an interesting question. Would be interesting to know how many 4 points hits the top teams have in a year. I am always reluctant to take a point hit, not sure if I had any last year, maybe one or two. The problem is I have a tendency to stick with players I like too long and might be better off if I pulled the trigger more often.

Just curious what other people think?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
That's an interesting question. Would be interesting to know how many 4 points hits the top teams have in a year. I am always reluctant to take a point hit, not sure if I had any last year, maybe one or two. The problem is I have a tendency to stick with players I like too long and might be better off if I pulled the trigger more often.

Just curious what other people think?
I find a 4 point hit can be very beneficial if it's a good transfer. However, if you take that hit and the player you transferred out yield a high return in the next game then you pay doubly for your mistake. But one never knows...

Hits are inevitable.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
There's a middle ground between not taking a hit at all and being too gung ho. If a player is bang on form with good fixtures and you haven't got him in then take the hit. But at the same time don't get overzealous of a player having a bad week and taking them out straight away.

RedMist99

Save your free transfers till the end of the week. Was burnt more than once using them straight after a gameweek and then someone would go injured and I'd have to take -4
Not always possible though as some discovered this week. Sometimes you have to act quickly to beat the player value rise and drops.

hubbuh

Depends who your other strikers are, will Pukki be starting or sub? After this week City have got a really easy run so Bernardo would be useful then.
King starting and Wickham sub. It’s a weak frontline but I got 91 points so a 4 point hit so early on isn’t much of a problem. But yeah, think I should wait on B Silva for a bit. It’s that bald egg ‘ed that’s got me questioning!

livkalo

Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone know if price rise only affects buying and not selling? I see Sterling is already valued at 12.1, but in my squad he is still at 12.0 and if I try to sell him I only get 12.0 back in the bank from him, even though he is more expensive now. I really don't get it :houllier:

ROFLUTION

Does anyone know if price rise only affects buying and not selling? I see Sterling is already valued at 12.1, but in my squad he is still at 12.0 and if I try to sell him I only get 12.0 back in the bank from him, even though he is more expensive now. I really don't get it :houllier:
Whenever your player rises 0.2, you can sell him for 0.1.

So when Sterling gets to 12.2 and you bought him at 12 you can now sell him for 12.1

If he goes to 12.3, its still just 12.1 in resale.. when 12.4, you can sell him for 12.2

neilv93

It's also mad because we literally get twice as much info after GW2 compared to GW1. If you're (generally, not you) WCing after the first round of games then what the fudge were you doing all pre-season because it certainly wasn't planning!!?! How can you team be THAT bad that you want to WC? No "must haves" have emerged. Martial is good, Rashford too, but we have a tough game on Monday so I can't see why anyone would absolutely need to get them in now.

My pre-season plan was to WC in the October international break and I'm sticking with that (GW9).

Nickosaur

Whenever your player rises 0.2, you can sell him for 0.1.

So when Sterling gets to 12.2 and you bought him at 12 you can now sell him for 12.1

If he goes to 12.3, its still just 12.1 in resale.. when 12.4, you can sell him for 12.2
It took me fecking ages to understand this last season :lol: