Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's been out (knee surgery) since January. Not sure where this idea he was a nailed starter came from, he's not even in full training yet.
Didn't know that. He's been mentioned in every scout report (and here) to be the 4.0 starter that we need (and don't deserve). Fantasy League website never said he's injured until just a little while earlier today.

Vardy or Kane are just for GW1. Will be subbed for Aguero for GW2 or GW3
I'd say Kane. Nice fixtures and Vardy has looked shit for a while.

Paul_Scholes18

Somebody, anybody, please tell me that i'm not the only one who at least once an hour while awake changes one/two or even three players since the fixtures have been announced, and the complications they caused. Christ i'm even thinking about changes in my dreams!
Damn doesn't sound healthy. You sound a bit obsessed if you dream about it now.
Maybe relax it is still a long way to go before it starts. Although one hour per day is not that much to think about football. I do way more.

kiristao

Didn't know that. He's been mentioned in every scout report (and here) to be the 4.0 starter that we need (and don't deserve). Fantasy League website never said he's injured until just a little while earlier today.

I'd say Kane. Nice fixtures and Vardy has looked shit for a while.
Thanks. Kane it is then

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Somebody, anybody, please tell me that i'm not the only one who at least once an hour while awake changes one/two or even three players since the fixtures have been announced, and the complications they caused. Christ i'm even thinking about changes in my dreams!
Not this mad no.

But if i'm competing well at the top of my work league and have a bad week due to a bad decision, i can find it takes a bit of time to get to sleep :)

Easier when the team is just crap!

Paul_Scholes18

Nah, the best idea I got was to put Ferguson in my team because everybody else has, so I put him in my squad when I woke up, then 6 hours later he was 'return date unknown' from injury.
Haha. Does the West Ham defender B Johnson starts? He started near the end some games. Or do we have anyone better for 4.0?
I am pretty happy with my attack now, but the defense could need some more funding.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am just going with Salah due to having penalties. Although without them I think Mane is slightly better.
Salah seems more selfish as well.
Only concern is his goal scoring rate seems to be dipping quite a lot each year. But maybe Milner stole too many pens recently.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Talk of Doc going from Wolves to Tottenham for a surprisingly low fee of 20m.

Anyone know who Wolves' right back /wing back would be then?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Have Ings, Son and PEA coming in for Bruno and Martial, KDB for GW1, keeping the spare 1.5 Mil to sub them out on weeks 2 and 3.

Paul_Scholes18

We will see if Wolves can remain a strong force in defense. 5 defenders help the defense a lot though.
Another cheap wingback from them would be nice. How long is Jonny out for too?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

Well Jonny is out for a good while as well, they'll have to bring someone in. Dalot on loan wouldn't surprise me.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Does anyone else think Maddison offers good value at 7m? He's just signed a bumper contract and I don't see why he won't be a regular starter in the opening games
ya he’s Potentially good value at 7. He takes free kicks and is second peno taker. Justin the young full back should get games too unless they sign someone.

Brewster 4.5. Has scored in preseason. against RBS (I think) Looks a good player and should be going out on loan to a pl club.

KWP McCarthy Ward Prowse (takes set pieces and penos) or Armstrong all worth a punt for Southampton.

Soucek, Bowen and Antonio have all scored for west ham in preseason already all below 7 million and should get plenty of games.

Neo_Mufc

Need some draft tips guys. I'm thinking there's not much value into picking a striker first round.

I really want KDB.

Only 8 of us in the league so I'm thinking to just concentrate on midfielders especially with Auba and Rashford pulling to midfield. Or should I go for a striker knowing there will be plenty midfielder?

saivet

We will see if Wolves can remain a strong force in defense. 5 defenders help the defense a lot though.
Another cheap wingback from them would be nice. How long is Jonny out for too?
I've heard Vinagre is meant to be a good player, so imagine he will play LWB.

They have been linked with AMN, who would appear to be a replacement for Doherty.

Paul_Scholes18

That could be huge fur Kane owners
It is Werner vs Kane for me to start the season. The extra million is really nice to have though although uppgrading gets harder to do.
If Werner takes penalties it would make life so much simplier I think.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Is there anybody who chose their squad before the fixtures were announced who is prepared to take a hit the first gameweek and keep their United/City players in the squad, knowing that if they stay fit they will make the points up later in the season, and that those who you bring in to replace them might not be chosen in the first match, or have a stinker and only score 2/3 anyway.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is there anybody who chose their squad before the fixtures were announced who is prepared to take a hit the first gameweek and keep their United/City players in the squad, knowing that if they stay fit they will make the points up later in the season, and that those who you bring in to replace them might not be chosen in the first match, or have a stinker and only score 2/3 anyway.
They are worth too much to be sitting on the bench.

You have a few options:

Alexis Sanchez School Of Thought
Do what you said and start with a shitty first week team and risk getting left behind because you have about £25m+ sitting on the bench.

Serge Aurier School Of Thought
Another option is to leave all City and United players out of your squad and try maximise with like for like alternatives. I'd rather roll the dice on Son and Aubamayang than leave KDB and Bruno on the bench with Dallas and Stephens in my opening game week. The risk you run here is your United and City targets go up in price so you're forced into taking a hit on the second week.

James Milner School Of Thought
A third (and most sensible option) is leave out one of your united or city players on the bench and and buy a premium player like Son for GW1 in place of your other city or united player. That way, as soon as the GW starts, you swap in the player you really want in place of Son and not take a hit.

Class of 63

Sourness
They are worth too much to be sitting on the bench.

You have a few options:

Alexis Sanchez School Of Thought
Do what you said and start with a shitty first week team and risk getting left behind because you have about £25m+ sitting on the bench.

Serge Aurier School Of Thought
Another option is to leave all City and United players out of your squad and try maximise with like for like alternatives. I'd rather roll the dice on Son and Aubamayang than leave KDB and Bruno on the bench with Dallas and Stephens in my opening game week. The risk you run here is your United and City targets go up in price so you're forced into taking a hit on the second week.

James Milner School Of Thought
A third (and most sensible option) is leave out one of your united or city players on the bench and and buy a premium player like Son for GW1 in place of your other city or united player. That way, as soon as the GW starts, you swap in the player you really want in place of Son and not take a hit.
I'll sleep on it and see what others say first, but thanks

I've gone from:

Pope
Doherty Maguire Digne
Greenwood Saint-Maximin Soucek KDB Son
Ings Martial

Ryan Tierney Maupay Salisu

To:

Johnstone
TAA Diop Egan Tierney
Salah Son Soucek
Mitrovic Ings Richarlison

Pope Thomas(Leicester City) Greenwood Foden

Craig Ward

Seen a few people asking, myself included but cant see a response.

Is there a league code?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Messi price then? 13m or more?
If he signs for City (still a big if) he's going in my team regardless of the price. I reckon 13.5 or even 14m though tbh. At 13m he will be in everyone's team.

Varun

Staff
If he signs for City (still a big if) he's going in my team regardless of the price. I reckon 13.5 or even 14m though tbh. At 13m he will be in everyone's team.
Think he needs to be 14.5-15mil (20% premium) on Salah/Mane for there to be a decision to be made. If they price him any lower, he's going in every team and probably captained every week too which will suck big time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Apparently there’s a champs league one and he wasn’t overly priced in that. But yeah it needs to give people a decision while keeping it possible, doesn’t it?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Think he needs to be 14.5-15mil (20% premium) on Salah/Mane for there to be a decision to be made. If they price him any lower, he's going in every team and probably captained every week too which will suck big time.
Agreed. Be amazing to have him in the game but if he's priced too cheap it could ruin it all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keepin and eye on the Wolves wing back situation.

We'd all monitored Vinagre, but I read something about them planning to sign someone in that position.

But now we have the Doc shock low fee exit.
So there should still be value in their defence.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yeah, I've been there - genuinely had it feeding into and adding to anxiety. Also had it feature in dreams.

My advice - make a rule to only think about it while going for a walk if you're physically fit to do so.

As in, glance your team / transfers options before you head off, and then go for a good walk and think it all out while walking - get back and do something else.

Do this whenever working on your team. Hope it helps, and if you're ever struggling or it's getting the better of you, post about in here and feel free to PM me any time with it.

And remember - people can get addicted to anything that triggers Dopamine and the 'Pleasure Centre' of your mind (gambling, shopping, sex etc), FF could easily fit into that category for a lot of people.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah, I've been there - genuinely had it feeding into and adding to anxiety. Also had it feature in dreams.

My advice - make a rule to only think about it while going for a walk if you're physically fit to do so.

As in, glance your team / transfers options before you head off, and then go for a good walk and think it all out while walking - get back and do something else.

Do this whenever working on your team. Hope it helps, and if you're ever struggling or it's getting the better of you, post about in here and feel free to PM me any time with it.

And remember - people can get addicted to anything that triggers Dopamine and the 'Pleasure Centre' of your mind (gambling, shopping, sex etc), FF could easily fit into that category for a lot of people.
Good response. @Class of 63 please also remember, thinking about it too much won't actually help, you'll most likely over-think it and feck up your team more. Leave that shit to the people that finish in the top 1000, which none of us will ever do so no point thinking too much. Just try have fun and take it easy.

Class of 63

Sourness

Good response. @Class of 63 please also remember, thinking about it too much won't actually help, you'll most likely over-think it and feck up your team more. Leave that shit to the people that finish in the top 1000, which none of us will ever do so no point thinking too much. Just try have fun and take it easy.
Once the season starts i'm fine, I rarely check my team(s):nervous: between gameweeks, I'll have a look see just over an hour* before the new gameweek starts to see if I need to make transfers but that's about it.

Pre-season is different though as there are new signings added almost every day, and if you want to bring player 'A' in it's very rarely a straight swap and as there's no points penalty why not chop and change while you can.

As a winner of my main mini League 3 years out of 6 I probably tamper more with my team pre-season as reigning Champ than I do when i've had a shocker as I feel i've got a reputation to live down to!

I've never finished higher than my first year(2013/14) when I was 262495th in the overall, and that was when I had no real interest and only played to stop a mate nagging me to make up the numbers in his League. The lowest 1771760th. The sequence: win, shocker, win, shocker ....

I just can't imagine what it must be like nerve wise for the very top players where one Referee call can make the difference between winning a small fortune and winning nothing, and that was before VAR!

Anyho i've prattled on long enough .... Cheers fellas, and @Rhyme Animal I might take you up on that offer, you might need to take on extra staff. ;)

Right i'm off for a tamper ....

Paul_Scholes18

Any 4.0 million players worth looking at? The only one I think could play is Johnson. No keeper from my understanding will start.

Class of 63

Sourness
Any 4.0 million players worth looking at? The only one I think could play is Johnson. No keeper from my understanding will start.
Johnson won't get a look-in if Fredericks stays fit.

Plenty of Leeds United defenders at that price, with Douglas the most likely one, as long as you keep him on the bench in the first gameweek.

Paul_Scholes18

Johnson won't get a look-in if Fredericks stays fit.

Plenty of Leeds United defenders at that price, with Douglas the most likely one, as long as you keep him on the bench in the first gameweek.
I was thinking Dallas for week 2, but he is 4.5. I am probably going to wildcard early so need players for first 2 weeks mainly.
Thus a 4.0 defender would max play 1 game.
I don't know enough about Leeds and what they plan to do in the PL. Although Dallas I would think is a threat on set pieces with his 5 goals last season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It'll be just when we all feel reasonably happy with the which premium midfielder to buy quandry in a couple of game weeks time, that Messi will turn up at City and be 14m.

Meaning we all have to blow our own teams up again to squeeze him in :)