Fantasy Premier League 20/21

ROFLUTION

Prognosis on the injury was possible 6wks out with a hamstring pull. That covers pre season and beginning of the league. Might see him as early as GW3 as he'll need time to train for fitness.
We've not received any updates on it since it occurred.
Who made that prognosis?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Mitchell is a better choice than Branthwaite for now apparently as Van Aanholt will take a while to return. Having two Palace full backs is a bit of an overkill though.

Lamptey will be a great cheap choice too. With Ryan in my team already it’s a bit pointless though for me and Ryan at £4.5m is by far the best choice (I do not believe in the value of having expensive goalkeeper).
What about the Southampton keeper? He's 4.5 and there better than Brighton.

ROFLUTION

A doctor I’m guessing?
:lol: Good Call, but I didnt get any clues /info if it's coming from Chelsea themselves or some tv Einstein who had the same type of injury. Thats why I was asking. If im gonna dump pulisic, it would just be nice with a source..

Anyways Mr Hall of Fame, what's your take on strategy for the opening of FPL 20/21? Where's the value?

Sparky Rhiwabon

:lol: Good Call, but I didnt get any clues /info if it's coming from Chelsea themselves or some tv Einstein who had the same type of injury. Thats why I was asking. If im gonna dump pulisic, it would just be nice with a source..

Anyways Mr Hall of Fame, what's your take on strategy for the opening of FPL 20/21? Where's the value?
Probably bench a couple of blankers. Lot of quality in the premium mids of course. Decent value 4.5 defs, 5-6.5 mids, 8.5-9.5 and 6-6.5 fwds

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, having had Ryan for ages last season, and getting me a string of 1 pointers, I would go along with this!

You get Brighton defenders for their aerial threat, not for clean sheet potential.
Keeper is a sort of false economy i think.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Well I already have KWP and Ings in my team, I have Ryan because I don't want to go triple Southampton but I might be tempted now. I've had Ryan before and went through that pain. Thought things had changed.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Well I already have KWP and Ings in my team, I have Ryan because I don't want to go triple Southampton but I might be tempted now. I've had Ryan before and went through that pain. Thought things had changed.
If you don't want 3 Southampton, you can easily switch Ings to Jiminez or KWP for many 4.5 defenders...

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Hmmm. Played with Ziyech to Armstrong and Ings to Werner. 4.5m in the bank for GW2 transfers.

McCarthy
TAA Vinagre KWP Justin
Auba Armstrong Salah Son Soucek
Werner

Actually doesn't work. Then I'm short on Armstrong up to KDB for GW2.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Pereira got some goals but was a pure assist machine. At 6m, he could be a good choice to enable some premiums.

I think Dallas from Leeds is a useful defender.
I think Leeds will surprise people out of the promoted teams. Bielsa will have them prepared. Ayling and Dallas should a nice bit of game time. I’m inclined to leave the promoted teams for a few weeks though and see who breaks through out of the cheaper players.

Out of the bigger teams arsenal start with Fulham (a) West Ham (h) so Ill probably stick lacazette and auba in there and try and get off to a strong start. Saka and Tierney are 2 other good improving players for 5.5 that should play plenty. Start moving them out for Bruno martial//City players by gw 3

I think there’s quite a good chance Southampton keep their solid form going. Hasenhüttl seems to have found the key to that team and has them well organised and working super hard. they will definitely miss Højbjerg but this manager is able to do a good job on a small budget because his system is really effective. They’ve bought and produced some really good players over the years. I look forward to seeing who else they bring in and how he gets on next season.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I already got Walker-Peters and don’t want doubles on average teams defense. Him + Lamptey would figure out similar though. Is he a sure starter though? Ryan is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What's the chance of Ings picking up where he left off last season?

I swapped out Salah for Bruno, on the basis that Bruno will play every week and Salah is less likely to.

Means I can swap Antonio for Ings.
Salah less likely to play every week?
How so?
Liverpool have next to zero to fill in for their front three.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're probably right, will have to try to suffle my pack to include Salah, Bruno and KDB then.
That's the three i'd be inclined to cover after the week one gaps.

Doesn't mean Sterling, Mane and Auba won't sting us mind.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
With Aguero still out I might plump for Sterling instead of KDB.

Red Star One

So before he confirms he is staying with Barca, how much would Messi cost if he joined Premier League? Surely they'd classify him as a midfielder?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So before he confirms he is staying with Barca, how much would Messi cost if he joined Premier League? Surely they'd classify him as a midfielder?
They'd have to price him as the most expensive player, without any shadow of a doubt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ronaldo was 14m at his highest wasn't he?
Not sure they could go that high without rupturing the game. Although otherwise everyone with him would just captain him every week.

Varun

Staff
He'd need to be at least 25p odd higher than anyone else for him to add anything to the game. Otherwise everyone will set and forget with the captaincy on him.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Kane or Vardy? Also another striker in the under 7ml value?
Neither I think but if you HAD to pick, I'd say Kane despite him being generally a slow starter. Spurs have a decent opening few games and Vardy had looked pretty shit for a while.

In terms of striker below 7, your best bets are Antonio (difficult fixtures), Maupay (does sometimes get benched), Woods (Burnley are not very attacking) or Mitrovic (Fulham may struggle I feel).

I have Mitrovic to enable other things in my team.

But with the other three, I've switched between them in many drafts. Currently on Antonio as I believe he should be able to score in 'tougher' fixtures like Arsenal or Leicester...

kiristao

Neither I think but if you HAD to pick, I'd say Kane despite him being generally a slow starter. Spurs have a decent opening few games and Vardy had looked pretty shit for a while.

In terms of striker below 7, your best bets are Antonio (difficult fixtures), Maupay (does sometimes get benched), Woods (Burnley are not very attacking) or Mitrovic (Fulham may struggle I feel).

I have Mitrovic to enable other things in my team.

But with the other three, I've switched between them in many drafts. Currently on Antonio as I believe he should be able to score in 'tougher' fixtures like Arsenal or Leicester...
Vardy or Kane are just for GW1. Will be subbed for Aguero for GW2 or GW3

Paul_Scholes18

I am thinking of taking a punt on Werner. Then maybe go with Martial in week 2 if Chelsea do not look that good.
I want Kane though, but he is so expensive so going with Son instead.

Paul_Scholes18

Makes sense. I can always bring in Martial or Jesus as well depending on the Aguero situation.
Yeah my biased brain says Martial in hehe. Although Werner can be as deadly for Chelsea and Kane for Spurs.
I am ready to bring in Sterling/KDB or Bruno in midfield too.

kiristao

Yeah my biased brain says Martial in hehe. Although Werner can be as deadly for Chelsea and Kane for Spurs.
I am ready to bring in Sterling/KDB or Bruno in midfield too.
Same here. I feel this bias is not helping me at all unfortunately. I have the option of bringing in Sterling/KDB as well. Not sure who to go for from those 2 and can't decide between Salah and Mane

Paul_Scholes18

Same here. I feel this bias is not helping me at all unfortunately. I have the option of bringing in Sterling/KDB as well. Not sure who to go for from those 2 and can't decide between Salah and Mane
I am just going with Salah due to having penalties. Although without them I think Mane is slightly better.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Does anyone else think Maddison offers good value at 7m? He's just signed a bumper contract and I don't see why he won't be a regular starter in the opening games

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Somebody, anybody, please tell me that i'm not the only one who at least once an hour while awake changes one/two or even three players since the fixtures have been announced, and the complications they caused. Christ i'm even thinking about changes in my dreams!