Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
69 points with Dallas to play - good week but was hoping for more than 14 points from Son and Kane (C).

Paul_Scholes18

Is next week the end of the template? After that time to think about selling Kane and/or Son?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Martinez Nyland
Chilwell Bellerin Coady Dias Cresswell
Salah Son Hamez Ziyech Grealish
Werner DCL Adams

I will go crazy with rotation but intend to use bench boost very soon. Feels like it has potential to gain some value over next 4-6 weeks too. Felt like it was good time to ditch Bruno and Robertson and spread value across the team.

Paul_Scholes18

Martinez Nyland
Chilwell Bellerin Coady Dias Cresswell
Salah Son Hamez Ziyech Grealish
Werner DCL Adams

I will go crazy with rotation but intend to use bench boost very soon. Feels like it has potential to gain some value over next 4-6 weeks too. Felt like it was good time to ditch Bruno and Robertson and spread value across the team.
You go for full crazy attacking rotation, but not keeper one? I would downgrade Adams to Brewster and get one second keeper.

Sarni

You go for full crazy attacking rotation, but not keeper one? I would downgrade Adams to Brewster and get one second keeper.
Brewster sucks though. He’s basically a 2-pointer every single week and Sheffield look like a mess. I would like a second keeper though, not sure who.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Brewster sucks though. He’s basically a 2-pointer every single week and Sheffield look like a mess. I would like a second keeper though, not sure who.
I'm with you. That would be a crazy move. Brewster to be avoided at the moment.

Paul_Scholes18

Just think attacking rotation is really hard though. Do you bench a better player with harder fixture or worse player with easier one?
Adams and Southampton can do well against anyone too.
If you do it well it can work well though. Although if you want to uppgrade players you need many moves to get the cash out.

A second keeper is only 0.5 though so I like having it for injuries and rotation.

Sarni

Just think attacking rotation is really hard though. Do you bench a better player with harder fixture or worse player with easier one?
Adams and Southampton can do well against anyone too.
If you do it well it can work well though. Although if you want to uppgrade players you need many moves to get the cash out.

A second keeper is only 0.5 though so I like having it for injuries and rotation.
I have to bench one of them. I will make bad decisions every now and again, like I did benching Grealish against Liverpool, but I will also be protected against injuries and rotation towards Christmas. I will figure it out eventually, I hope. I am aware having a deep team is tricky.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Bit harsh. He's played less than 170min across three games and two of those were against Liverpool and City. Would hardly condemn him based on that.

Paul_Scholes18

I have to bench one of them. I will make bad decisions every now and again, like I did benching Grealish against Liverpool, but I will also be protected against injuries and rotation towards Christmas. I will figure it out eventually, I hope. I am aware having a deep team is tricky.
Yeah good luck with it. If you can predict things well it could probably give you points. That Grealish haul is a good example why it can be so hard to predict things. Noone did see that 7-2 win before the game.
Apart from some crazy brilliant minds with TC Grealish.

Moby

Dick
They will improve. They got done by a Muppet long range goal from Walker this week but had a really good second half where they were back to keeping the ball that too against a team like City. Brewster had a clean 1v1 as well but missed up going for the chip when a simple low shot would have scored easily. Not saying he'd be a goal machine but for 4.5 that's as good as it gets.

Sarni

Bit harsh. He's played less than 170min across three games and two of those were against Liverpool and City. Would hardly condemn him based on that.
They will improve. They got done by a Muppet long range goal from Walker this week but had a really good second half where they were back to keeping the ball that too against a team like City. Brewster had a clean 1v1 as well but missed up going for the chip when a simple low shot would have scored easily. Not saying he'd be a goal machine but for 4.5 that's as good as it gets.
I know he will improve but he’s a striker in Sheffield’s team, that is never a great potential for goals. I will go back to him eventually once I have used my bench boost (think it will be the week after next week) but for now I prefer to keep Adams, especially as there aren’t any obvious upgrade I’d like to do in other positions.

Moby

Dick
I know he will improve but he’s a striker in Sheffield’s team, that is never a great potential for goals. I will go back to him eventually once I have used my bench boost (think it will be the week after next week) but for now I prefer to keep Adams, especially as there aren’t any obvious upgrade I’d like to do in other positions.
Yes surely Adams is better but in terms of value for money both are same. Adams also won't have Ings for some time which might impact his performance as they were working well as a duo. Basically for 4.5 you are lucky to get a starter especially as striker but one in a decent team who is pretty much their spearhead and a pretty talented scorer at that is what people are going for to spare funds for other areas. I'm in the same boat as you and trying to get the 6m options like Adams Bamford Watkins etc and don't wanna resort to Brewster but I also want Salah Kane KDB Son etc. :keano:

Sarni

Yes surely Adams is better but in terms of value for money both are same. Adams also won't have Ings for some time which might impact his performance as they were working well as a duo. Basically for 4.5 you are lucky to get a starter especially as striker but one in a decent team who is pretty much their spearhead and a pretty talented scorer at that is what people are going for to spare funds for other areas. I'm in the same boat as you and trying to get the 6m options like Adams Bamford Watkins etc and don't wanna resort to Brewster but I also want Salah Kane KDB Son etc. :keano:
Adams will probably more often be on the bench than not for me, if he stays. I already see how difficult it is to actually pick the 10 outfield players when all 13 that you have are quite good. In defence I'm splitting them. Chilwell is a lock, then Bellerin/Cresswell are my offensive picks so will feature often unless away to a very good team, then Coady and Dias will not provide as much offensive returns so will play based purely on fixtures. In midfield, Salah is probably a lock though I'm tempted to occasionally bench him. Then Rodriguez plays based on fixtures, Grealish probably more flexible, Son and Ziyech should mostly play. Up front Werner will be a lock, then DCL and Adams based on fixtures.

Very tempted to bench Salah against City and go with:

Martinez
Chilwell Cresswell Bellerin
Son Ziyech Rodriguez Grealish
DCL Werner Adams

Bench: Salah, Dias, Coady

I feel Bellerin is very overlooked. Just 6% ownership and he plays for a very defensive team while giving good/great offensive returns.

Moby

Dick
Adams will probably more often be on the bench than not for me, if he stays.
In that case you should surely go for Brewster. Just wasting 1.5m otherwise. I was in a dilemma because I don't have 5 starting MFs and wanted to have 3 starting strikers.

Moby

Dick
In midfield, Salah is probably a lock though I'm tempted to occasionally bench him.
I suggest you finish your coffee, take your time and then continue posting again. :houllier:

Edit: FPL literally just tweeted this few seconds back. :lol:

Mohamed Salah has more #FPL points and more goals than in any previous season after 7 Gameweeks

2020/21: 58 points 7 goals
2019/20: 53 points 4 goals
2018/19: 39 points 3 goals
2017/18: 43 points 4 goals
2014/15: 1 point 0 goals
2013/14: did not play until GW25

Sarni

I suggest you finish your coffee, take your time and then continue posting again. :houllier:

Mohamed Salah has more #FPL points and more goals than in any previous season after 7 Gameweeks

Yeah but it's City away... then again Leicester got 5 there. Just wanted to find some differential. :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Adams will probably more often be on the bench than not for me, if he stays. I already see how difficult it is to actually pick the 10 outfield players when all 13 that you have are quite good. In defence I'm splitting them. Chilwell is a lock, then Bellerin/Cresswell are my offensive picks so will feature often unless away to a very good team, then Coady and Dias will not provide as much offensive returns so will play based purely on fixtures. In midfield, Salah is probably a lock though I'm tempted to occasionally bench him. Then Rodriguez plays based on fixtures, Grealish probably more flexible, Son and Ziyech should mostly play. Up front Werner will be a lock, then DCL and Adams based on fixtures.

Very tempted to bench Salah against City and go with:

Martinez
Chilwell Cresswell Bellerin
Son Ziyech Rodriguez Grealish
DCL Werner Adams

Bench: Salah, Dias, Coady

I feel Bellerin is very overlooked. Just 6% ownership and he plays for a very defensive team while giving good/great offensive returns.
I considered him but look at their past matches... they only kept a clean sheet against our useless team yesterday and a shitty Fulham on the opening day. They've conceded in every other match. I guess there could be attacking points from him.

saivet

Horrific week, with Lamptey third on my bench. 34 points with Pereria left to play.

If I have another shit GW, I'm using my wildcard.

Nickosaur

Murderous gameweek for me. 36 points. This game can give you some great highs but some fecking terrible lows. Along with the United result it's been a miserable weekend :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I think for this poster it's a personal issue with Salah, rather than a logic question.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Horrific week, with Lamptey third on my bench. 34 points with Pereria left to play.

If I have another shit GW, I'm using my wildcard.
Same with the Lamptey thing. But at least it's not a stupid decision leaving a Brighton defender who never scores and only occasionally assists benched away at Tottenham!

If you'd left say a DCL or Bamford benched it'd be more silly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I brought in Zaha last week and already hate him. Palace create nothing whereas you know Hamez will be at the heart of everything Everton do. I'd be thinking the opposite to you, putting Hamez back in and leaving him all season
I don't like Zaha as a player, but I did consider him, as Palace have a superb run coming.

However, I'd be more thinking about Ziyech with Chelsea at home to Sheff Utd next. We all thought Chelsea could be an attacking monster this season, but adjustments and injuries have delayed it so far. But signs are moving towards it being time to get in on them.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I still have Mitrovic, if he can't score today then there's literally no hope.

Leonzo1

Will Ziyech be a nailed on starter for Chelsea? Lampard is turning out to be worse then Pep fpl wise.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I don't like Zaha as a player, but I did consider him, as Palace have a superb run coming.

However, I'd be more thinking about Ziyech with Chelsea at home to Sheff Utd next. We all thought Chelsea could be an attacking monster this season, but adjustments and injuries have delayed it so far. But signs are moving towards it being time to get in on them.
I'm thinking of both of them. The midfield I'm dreaming of is Salah-Son-Grealish-Ziyech-Hamez

So much creativity and goals there