Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lot of thinking ahead. With some teams having game in hand, some to play dubbel in a gameweek and having all chips incl wild card left a strategy must be in place.

There is plan for next week. First to give me some problems is ”smal” gameweek. Free hit seems best answer.
The even more key thing to await is whether they shut the league down for a couple of weeks.
That'd totally blow any of this week 18-19 business talk!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't see how the circuit breaker would be a net benefit. If some teams can fulfil their fixtures safely, let them get on with it. I'd even go as far as suggesting that fixtures should be rearranged if necessary to try and minimise the number of teams unable to play simply because their opposition cannot put out a team.

It may be sensible to give City, Fulham and perhaps Sheffield United two weeks off, but everyone else can play in the meantime.
I think it's the total of positive tests creeping up in the league as a whole. Mirroring the country.

But yes the big issue is if you just stop for two weeks what happens if games have to be called off in a couple of weeks too. You've wasted the chance to get games played

90 + 5min

The even more key thing to await is whether they shut the league down for a couple of weeks.
That'd totally blow any of this week 18-19 business talk!
You are right. There will be lot of late decisions before gameweek deadlines.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Finally I'm nr 1 hehe damn Dallas on the bench but will replace Zouma soon that didn't play!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Christ I have to rely on 3 Spurs players to get anywhere a decent GW. I'd take a 3-3 draw tonight, Kane hatrick, Son 3 assists :D

My entire bench - 15 points - will come in as I have Maddison, DCL and Semedo didn't play.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Liverpool team apparently. Seems legit with Robbo the one player rested.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's no big deal actually. Bissouma is waiting in the wings with his massive two points.
Annoyingly you know they will keep a clean sheet to join the pile that Konsa, Chilwell and Taylor have dodged in the last four.

At least I have Trent too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few tweets coming out that tottenham game is off.

Dammit. What a farce.
3.20 before kick off. A joke.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
FFS. What a joke of a game week. No idea what to do now and what's happening with the games at the weekend or when any of these will be rescheduled.

Nickosaur

Christ this is mental. Looks like a few sources (including the Athletic and the Independent) reporting it now.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Massive red arrow here, clusterf*ck of a gameweek really.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
And Spurs vs Fulham has been postponed. 5 of my 11 have had games postponed.

Last edited:

Aziz2112

If the Spurs match is called off, I will most likely lose my head to head match against a team that captained Auba, has Greenwood Saka Jimenez AWB... this is a mess. At least I got Salah captain to try make a 15 point gap now that I lost Dier Son and Kane :(

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Needed that! 20 from 7 with only Salah (c), a doubtful Wilson and a rubbish Lewis left. That Spurs game would have absolutely destroyed me.

Nickosaur

Could me worse - my mate has Kane (C) and Son (V). So no captain for him this week...

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
OH feck OFF. Was one point off top in my paid league and fecking lucky cnut top of the league blags a full 11 of players scoring points while for me James and Zouma didn't play, Kane and Son now out AND DCL and Dias gane cancelled. fecking rotten luck. Probably gonna miss out on Manager of the month too now which pays out the stake to enter the competition. FFS.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I wouldn’t worry too much about owning Spurs and to a lesser extent City players yet. . Fixtures could well be rearranged in a way that is highly beneficial around GW18 and GW19. Posted this on Twitter:

It’s more problematic if you took hits to get them in. I took -8 this week for Son and Kane.

Putting both captaincy armbands in the same fixture is always a slight risk, especially at this time of year with winter weather, but even more so now. Just don’t do it.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Been a cracking week. Ditched Fernandes and Neto to squeeze in Salah ahead of the WBA game. And now my 6 Spurs and City players blank.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What a shambles.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wouldn’t worry too much about owning Spurs and to a lesser extent City players yet. . Fixtures could well be rearranged in a way that is highly beneficial around GW18 and GW19. Posted this on Twitter:

It’s more problematic if you took hits to get them in. I took -8 this week for Son and Kane.

Putting both captaincy armbands in the same fixture is always a slight risk, especially at this time of year with winter weather, but even more so now. Just don’t do it.
It'd be superb if the games are put in weeks 18 & 19. But I wonder if the last thing they'd want to do is risk jamming the Jan schedule up even more.

I hope there's some sort of steer on any called off games or re-arranged games before Friday's deadline.

Have 2 injured defenders and if Chelsea v City is off I'll need a keeper.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So what is everyone doing with their City players for GW17?

Normally I wouldn't take the risk and just transfer them out, but at the same time I have an eye in GW 18 and in 2 minds about getting rid of them.