Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Just delete the app, stop yourself from looking at it
It’s not really a temptation, just killed of the fun for me.

Like Sandikan said, a lot would have carefully got in city and Spurs players etc, and have been punished for forward planning.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Like Sandikan said, a lot would have carefully got in city and Spurs players etc, and have been punished for forward planning.
Maybe but they'd likely have had 2, 3, 4 of them anyway? Loads of people had Sterling, KdB, Son, Kane (never mind Stones, Dias, Dier, etc)... I had 2 and about to make it 3 with Son.

It sucks a bit but so do injuries and form (Sterling, I'm looking at you!). Move on, maybe pick a team without City, Spurs and Liverpool players for fun. Then enjoy when you get points? :)

Withnail

And many of us got rid of some of our City and Spurs players as they're not creating a lot of chances.

Both were gambles but yours lost.

Like it or not covid is a factor that affects the game this year and it could be in your favour next time.

If you're going to throw your toys out of the pram over something like this you'd probably be better off not playing.

Maluco

And many of us got rid of some of our City and Spurs players as they're not creating a lot of chances.

Both were gambles but yours lost.

Like it or not covid is a factor that affects the game this year and it could be in your favour next time.

If you're going to throw your toys out of the pram over something like this you'd probably be better off not playing.
:lol: Who is throwing their toys out of the pram? Just a few posts on a forum about the game mate. I should be able to move on with my life ok!

Maluco

Oh ok I must have misunderstood you when you said you weren't going to play any more this season :lol:
Just think it ruins the game of Fantasy Premier League, so I think you must have yeah.

I will have the strength to move on!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I had a feeling Salah would blank so I captained Kane, it's really frustrating Spurs game got called off at the very last minute probably would have saved my gw, all these Salah captainers have really got away with it this week.

Leonzo1

Owned Salah for two weeks and Kane for three.
5 blanks. But Bruno instead of Salah for VC saving my week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Irritated Robertson gets 9 as he wasn't originally playing this game.

However, 0-0 in real life by far eclipses that!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How come he played? I ended on 49 all out. I'll take it I guess.
Won't even check my score, won't be more than 30 a shocker!

The leaker decided there'd been a change about 10mins before kick off.

However - I wouldn't change how it's panned out now if you offered me no Robertson points and them winning! Hell no.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Ah, you are the crazy one with all the -12pointers! Well, you currently topping the league so well played! I currently sit in 4th: "The Killers".

Spurs game cancelled, I guess I probably will be better off than most in the top10k since a quite high percentage has Son+ Kane and I just have Kane.
Haha people keep calling me crazy with all my transfers but it seems to be working! I think I survived this week kinda decent.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Takes the fun out yes - but this is the game.
The people who racked up 50-60 pointers won't be complaining that's for sure!

Although you wonder who the heck they had bearing in mind surely all serious players by now would have gone Tottenham heavy pre Fulham walkover, would have had at least 1 City and Chelsea defender - possibly have De Bruyne - most likely had DCL

etc!
I ended up with 52, had Dier, Son and DCL out but I was building my team towards GW19 so no City players. I wanted to ship Dier and Son out after Fulham game but since they will be in line to have a double soon I may keep them despite DGW19. Rashford v Son will be close though.

I got most of my points from defence. McCarthy 9, Chilwell 5, then from the bench Bednarek 7 and Cresswell 6. Only Bruno and Bamford provided something of note otherwise.

Disappointed with Taylor going off with bad injury but now it seems Dallas will come in for him and I will keep Dier though I am tempted to get Pieters in while Taylor is out.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

40 points and did qualify for the cup! Will probably go out straight away.

My team is not looking good for next round.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
40 points and did qualify for the cup! Will probably go out straight away.

My team is not looking good for next round.
How do you qualify for cup? I've never focused on this before... How does it work?

I just checked my team, I'll end up on 52 points... Is that enough?

Paul_Scholes18

How do you qualify for cup? I've never focused on this before... How does it work?

I just checked my team, I'll end up on 52 points... Is that enough?
Live fpl said 37 points to qualify. It is the top 4 million something that do qualify. 2^22 to be exact since we have 22 rounds left to win it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Probably Free Hit 18 and maybe (not sure yet) bench boost 19, though I wasn't specifically building to that like a lot are.

Son or Rashford isn't just for 18/19, it's long term... or at least next few/several weeks.
Funnily enough they both have similar types of fixtures coming up (Liverpool and a few good fixtures). Both also are likely to have an extra double having to catch up on fixtures , we just don’t know when they will be played. So IMO not much between them and it’s up to you really.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’ll take that I guess. Cleanies for Trent and Robbo, who gets the full bonus. Salah blanking isn’t the biggest deal with such high captaincy again.

59 (-8) will move me from 309k to 262k. I’d have had 53 without the hits so hopefully next week will justify them.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Funnily enough they both have similar types of fixtures coming up (Liverpool and a few good fixtures). Both also are likely to have an extra double having to catch up on fixtures , we just don’t know when they will be played. So IMO not much between them and it’s up to you really.
Yeah, thought that thanks.

Might be leaning to Rashford as prefer United players so I can get a win/win when we do well (rather than what Spurs to do well). Will see what tomorrow am brings... a lot can change in 24/12 hours

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
For all the dithering between Son and Rashford for me it turns out I can have both if I just do Bowen and Martial out for Rashford and a below £6.5m striker... think I will take Antonio if I decide to go down that route.

A midfield of Salah, Bruno, Son, Rashford and Grealish has potential but what worries me is that everyone has those first three... I need some differentials hence still tempted to go with Martial up front and Rashford in for Son.

ROFLUTION

Any updates on when we'll get news about whether City v Chelsea is postponed too? Or Burnley v Fulham?

Do we just need to take a gamble before deadline and hope a Chelsea/City player starts?