Fantasy Premier League 20/21

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Any updates on when we'll get news about whether City v Chelsea is postponed too? Or Burnley v Fulham?

Do we just need to take a gamble before deadline and hope a Chelsea/City player starts?
Deadline is 4pm tomorrow. Be nice to know before then but looking at how late they left the Spurs decision....shambles.

If I don't hear anything I'll be doing Lamptey > Justin before the deadline and captaining one of Son or Kane. Fancy Son especially to get in behind that Leeds defence.

Still planning on FH in 18 and BB in 19, again subject to any whacky rescheduling issues.

Nickosaur

39 points, just scraped into the cup by 2 points.
2x FTs to use but will be waiting to see what the feck happens next!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Any updates on when we'll get news about whether City v Chelsea is postponed too? Or Burnley v Fulham?

Do we just need to take a gamble before deadline and hope a Chelsea/City player starts?
Pretty sure City vs Chelsea is on.

reddevilchennai

How to plan for GW 18? I do not have much of the players from teams which play in GW 18?
Is Freehit a good option for GW 18 or should I save it for later?

My squad is:
GK: Martinez, Macey
DEF: Zouma, Dallas, Cresswel, Justin, Mitchell
MID: Bruno, Salah, Son, Grealish, Romelu
FWD: Vardy, DCL, Bamford

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United vs Burnley in GW18 and City vs Villa in GW19

Very interesting.
Think that makes up my mind about getting through this game week without a transfer, as week 18 isn't until Jan 12th.

With 2 freebies, and then probably worth taking a -4 for week 19, that gives 4 transfers to get extra United and City coverage in there.

One big issue is not having a keeper in week 18, but having Mendy with 2 in week 19.
Is it worth just going without a keeper for one week to keep him for 19 - or is it better to use a transfer to bring say, Ederson in (pending the covid situation!) and have him as part of the City coverage?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So City have a double GW in GW19?
You made me realise that of course Villa now do as well :)

That takes my potential week 19 doublers up from a max of 7 to a max of 9 :)

Think it's definitely best to get through both weeks without a chip now.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Well that's fecked me up as I got rid of two city players in preparation for the DGW. This season is ridiculous you just have to :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What is quite difficult is that Son and Kane play Sheff Utd in week 19. That could well be a plum single fixture, and you find anyone you transfer in for a double gets rested in one anyway! Difficult as you wouldn't want to lose Bruno, Salah or Grealish who have doubles, two of them who also have a week 18 fixture, so where do the funds come?

This is where not leaping in helps - and things will be clearer - such as if Tottenham play rubbishly and all Jose-ish in the next game or two!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well that's fecked me up as I got rid of two city players in preparation for the DGW. This season is ridiculous you just have to :lol:
You have 3 free transfers before week 19 to get who you need back in though.
It's quite difficult for people without De Bruyne to get him in for week 18 without sacrificing someone who has a double.

Unless you use a free hit, but with this one extra game you wonder if it's worth wasting a free hit on?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never taking it off the best player in the league again
I had it on Bruno until a few hours before kick off.

Could easily have been a blank and then the dread of watching Salah batter Newcastle!

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
What are the matches likely to be cancelled before I use my transfers

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I was going to transfer out KDB this evening.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wow that -8 move of KDB, Grealish, DCL to Kane, Son and Raphinha has aged terribly, considering the plan was to free hit in 18 and triple captain in 19. The Spurs lads better deliver against Leeds or it was all for a loss!

Now I will have to reconsider the chip strategy:
  • I only have 7 players for GW18 (including Brewster) and no City players, so I think free hitting is still the right move.
  • I have a GK, 5 defenders, 4 midfielders and Bamford all with doubles in GW19, plus Son and Kane. The only two I need to upgrade with my two free transfers prior to GW19 are Forster and Brewster to make a strong Bench Boost team. I can then see if Taylor is fit for GW19 and can take a hit for him if required.
Will they try and do Spurs v Fulham in 18/19 and move other matches about to accommodate it? I am in a good position if so as Son and Kane would give me a full cohort of doubles!

Last edited:

Dan_F

Looking to upgrade my back up keeper for this week and the double (wk 18 doesn’t matter as I’m FH). Who would people recommend? I can’t afford the likes of Pope, as I need to upgrade Mitchell too.

McCarthy is an option, but they have two tough fixtures out of three (already have a Saints defender).

West Ham and Leeds have tough fixtures this week but have a decent double (already own 1 each of their defenders).

Arsenal may pick up more clean sheets over two games, than the above options will in three?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You have 3 free transfers before week 19 to get who you need back in though.
It's quite difficult for people without De Bruyne to get him in for week 18 without sacrificing someone who has a double.

Unless you use a free hit, but with this one extra game you wonder if it's worth wasting a free hit on?
It's not that simple. I replaced then with DGW players and had plans to bring in a few more. I may just straight swap Son and Taykor for KDB and Cancelo I think.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think I may avoid any Arsenal or Palace players when free hitting GW18. Deadline is 16:30 on the Tuesday. Very unlikely any of the Tues/Weds fixtures will become cancelled due to COVID if no doubts at deadline. This game is on the Thurs though and Arsenal and Palace players aren’t attractive anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think I may avoid any Arsenal or Palace players when free hitting GW18. Deadline is 16:30 on the Tuesday. Very unlikely any of the Tues/Weds fixtures will become cancelled due to COVID if no doubts at deadline. This game is on the Thurs though and Arsenal and Palace players aren’t attractive anyway.
Holding at 4.4m looks a pretty brilliant facilitator to me, with their fixtures.

If I didn't have my work cut out doing other stuff i'd be looking very strongly at him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’m almost tempted to use wildcard before next week of games. That would be dumb though, right?

Neo_Mufc

Don't know what to make of the announced fixtures. Maybe this means I leave Grealish and Mahrez in now?

Edit: I have 28 players playing in GWk 19 without the need for a FH or Wildcard :lol:

McCarthy (sou)lei alee a
Fabianski (whu)BUR HWBA H
Coufal (whu)BUR HWBA H
Konsa (avl)EVE Hmci a
Lamptey (bha)lee a
James (che)ful alei a
Stones (mci)CRY HAVL H
Salah (liv)MUN HBUR H
Grealish (avl)EVE Hmci a
Mahrez (mci)CRY HAVL H
Rashford (mun)liv aful a
Fernandes (mun)liv aful a
Brewster (shu)TOT H
Adams (sou)lei alee a
Bamford (lee)BHA HSOU H

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think I will avoid FH in 18. I can field 7 players, 8 if I make a transfer. That should be enough.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really hoping Spurs vs Fulham also gets moved to gw19.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m almost tempted to use wildcard before next week of games. That would be dumb though, right?
Not necessarily. Probably the best way to use a BB is straight after a a wildcard.
You could set your team up to have 15 players all with 2 games - and bench boost that week. Could be an utterly huge score if you plan it right.

Chelsea/Liverpool/City/United/Leicester all have 2 games - so it's basically Tottenham you'd be risking not having - and your team would be a in a good place going forward.

It depends if you think there's better spoils from using the chips later in the season - but that's the unknown.

Cons - using that vital wildcard so early could be risky - covid might ruck the plan up.
Impossible to judge if there might be a better way round it later in the season and perhaps as long as you cover De Bruyne/Salah/Bruno in your non chip/wildcard week 19, you minimise the risk.

Neo_Mufc

I will now have 8 playing in the Blank GWK18 without FH. Is it worth the chip for the extra 3 players?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone put together an incredible team wildcard to maximise weeks 18 and 19?

I suppose you'd need triple United, City and Villa for starters.

Nickosaur

I probably should try to sort out my strategy before I go out tonight, because it won't get any easier with a raging hangover.