Fantasy Premier League 20/21

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not much you can really do bar a) captain and vice captain players in different games, b) make your transfers as late as possible, c) try to have a decent bench and d) re-assess your chip strategy, particularly if you were planning on bench boosting any time soon.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I love it. Most of my league had Kane/Son at captain and only one had Salah as VC. Bednarek and Cresswell with 7 and 6 points respectively come on for me for Dier and Son which means I am now on 46 + Salah as captain so not bad at all.

Deep team is great. If it wasn’t for Taylor getting injured early in the game I’d be in for 60+ points.

Dan_F

My mini league leader has Kane captain and KDB vice. We’re both pretty equal for the week, but I’ve got captain Salah to come, so if he does a madness I could easily make up the 25 point
Gap between us.

Was the same last game though and he blanked :lol:

Leonzo1

DCL Kane and Son not playing. Only Soucek available from the bench.

Since I took out Vardy for Kane:

Vardy 18 points
Kane 4 points

This just keeps getting better.

Nickosaur

Luckily I have 2 FTs for this gameweek. But I don't know where to start... this does throw all planning for gw18 and 19 out the window though. What the feck do we do? Just hold off for as long as possible to see which teams will potentially have more fixtures postponed?

Paul_Scholes18

Worst gameweek ever for me. Down to 7 players. I am one Salah red from my lowest score ever too.
If I played anti fantasy I would love this!

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Luckily I have 2 FTs for this gameweek. But I don't know where to start... this does throw all planning for gw18 and 19 out the window though. What the feck do we do? Just hold off for as long as possible to see which teams will potentially have more fixtures postponed?
Yeah hold off as long as possible, then use the ft's to switch it up so not more than 2 players per team. I am trying to have that as max, if not just 1 per team if possible + a playing bench.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone got a clue if more games will be moved or if we have a winterbreak?

I am tempted to just wildcard my mess of a team and BB 19, but I know it might get even worse in the future.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone got a clue if more games will be moved or if we have a winterbreak?

I am tempted to just wildcard my mess of a team and BB 19, but I know it might get even worse in the future.
Just be patient. If you can field 11 without transfers it might be wise this week - and then more info might come to light of whether weeks 18/19 will be affected.
Unless you're FH in 18.

Now City v Chelsea is on I can play my defence of each team to bank their 2 pointers :)

Paul_Scholes18

Just be patient. If you can field 11 without transfers it might be wise this week - and then more info might come to light of whether weeks 18/19 will be affected.
Unless you're FH in 18.

Now City v Chelsea is on I can play my defence of each team to bank their 2 pointers :)
I am certainly making transfers. Not sure I got one 11 left for next week.

If City and Fulham do not play I really need to make changes.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Liverpool ITKs now making addendums and stating different XIs:

Paul_Scholes18

No...Robertson not playing was the one good thing happening!
I really need those 2 points from Robertson. It gives me a mini chance to qualify for the cup.

2-1 Newcastle and Salah score from Robertson assist would be ideal.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Game is ruined lads. Not fair to those who have put thought into having a team for this week and put captaincy on those not playing anymore.

It’s taken all the fun out of it for me anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

Game is ruined lads. Not fair to those who have put thought into having a team for this week and put captaincy on those not playing anymore.

Yeah 6 players out due to Covid is insane for me. I have no idea how I should have managed to protect against that.

I do not have 3 players in any teams, but you surely got to double up at times?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

All part of the game mate.
This is what makes it a real challenge.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They are better than West Brom! Wilson will hurt me after I sold him too!
West Brom put in a top defensive display and Liverpool had a very very rare not only off day, but off day where the luck disappeared.

Newcastle are a banker win - home or away.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yep.

Similar has happened in the past when games were called off because of bad weather. Feck all they can do about it really.

Paul_Scholes18

Yet noone can predict it. At least with football people have a clue and you can argue for certain things. It is mostly about luck and small differences, but it is fun to try to predict.

With Covid though you need to predict infection rates and what each player do outside the pitch. It is almost impossible to predict and I see no experts trying to do it either.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Surely my quad Liverpool can’t do worse than last week?

Going to be 2 points down over not taking and taking my -8 whatever happens, but at least I can still get a green arrow now.

Paul_Scholes18

Surely my quad Liverpool can’t do worse than last week?

Going to be 2 points down over not taking and taking my -8 whatever happens, but at least I can still get a green arrow now.
I think I need 3-4 goals from Robertson for a green arrow. Need to get past almost all owners without him ahead of me.

I have dropped so bloody much already. From 5k to 15k.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep.

Similar has happened in the past when games were called off because of bad weather. Feck all they can do about it really.
Yep - the example I gave somewhere where once there was a snow week and only 1 game happened - and people got Dempsey as a 20+ point captain was the most annoying I can remember.

Paul_Scholes18

Yep - the example I gave somewhere where once there was a snow week and only 1 game happened - and people got Dempsey as a 20+ point captain was the most annoying I can remember.
That is insane haha! ´Did people have enough news for it? I just remember us vs Birmingham one winter. 1-1 I think it was after own goal as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That is insane haha! ´Did people have enough news for it? I just remember us vs Birmingham one winter. 1-1 I think it was after own goal as well.
I can't remember much about it, but the rules were definitely different on captains back then.

I think back then, you could choose your vice captain to either be the highest value player, or the most in form player - so everyone got him as captain who had him!

These days, you'd only have got him as captain if you'd selected him as vice, which I expect most wouldn't have done.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm down to 10 playing players now. However I'm on 42pts with Salah captain and Robertson still to come so I will take that all day long. Mental gameweek.

Bygone Sounds

I¨m trying to figure out who you are hehe I'm currently 4th in the Caf league but hope I jump up tonight after all bonuses! And I always go aggresive I cant stop tinkering with my team....
Ah, you are the crazy one with all the -12pointers! Well, you currently topping the league so well played! I currently sit in 4th: "The Killers".

Spurs game cancelled, I guess I probably will be better off than most in the top10k since a quite high percentage has Son+ Kane and I just have Kane.

Maluco

I don’t think it’s part of the game when it’s cancelled after you have already done your team and chosen captaincy and all. It’s just a lottery then. No skill involved at all.

It really takes the fun out of it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t think it’s part of the game when it’s cancelled after you have already done your team and chosen captaincy and all. It’s just a lottery then. No skill involved at all.

It really takes the fun out of it.
Takes the fun out yes - but this is the game.
The people who racked up 50-60 pointers won't be complaining that's for sure!

Although you wonder who the heck they had bearing in mind surely all serious players by now would have gone Tottenham heavy pre Fulham walkover, would have had at least 1 City and Chelsea defender - possibly have De Bruyne - most likely had DCL

etc!

Maluco

Isn't that true to a large extent for normal week?
It is, but it’s based on predictions and guesswork based on stats and fixtures and the like.

Carefully planning a team and then losing half of them to fixture cancellation is terrible. Zaps the fun out of the game for me.

It’s a pity too because I was enjoying it even though I wasn’t doing well this year. I doubt I will give it much of a look this season after this week.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
It is, but it’s based on predictions and guesswork based on stats and fixtures and the like.

Carefully planning a team and then losing half of them to fixture cancellation is terrible. Zaps the fun out of the game for me.

It’s a pity too because I was enjoying it even though I wasn’t doing well this year. I doubt I will give it much of a look this season after this week.
Just delete the app, stop yourself from looking at it