Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Thanks for the responses guys!
Yeah, will bring Antonio in for sure, might bench Gundo.. will be a last minute decision probably!
That's a good move. I'm keeping Gundo on the bench. I can see it being a tight game. City don't need to win but will want to avoid letting Liverpool get a win also, so they will probably play defensive. Liverpool could do with a win but losing pretty much hands the title to city so they won't attack in droves either.

It will be very close. Antonio is gee'd up and playing a shite Fulham team. It's a no brainer.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is Chilwell out of favour?
Yes. As long as they're playing a back 3, Alonso seems the preferred option.

However, of Tuchel is ever going to give Chills a go, it'll be in this game, against a team that carry zero attacking threat plus the fact that Alonso just played two games off the back of not playing at all recently.

I think long term, it appears Alonso is favoured so I'll drop Chilwell after this week.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Could well have the tastiest dgw in 26 as well. Son is a hold for me at the moment and I've got an option to bring in Kane for 26 if he's fit and they do indeed have a double. Might even TC one of em.

I mean they might be shit at the moment but what I like about that Son and Kane duo is that you always know they'll play in the league when fit.
Would you bring in Son this week if you didn't have him?

I was thinking to bring him for Soucek in and Captain him but then they have City and West Ham... Whereas Soucek has Fulham and Sheff...

Alternatively I can bank the transfer and try get through GW26 without WC.

I'll bring in Tarkowski next week and use the other transfer once I see the doubles announced.

Then I can transfer my way into the blank and WC out of it.

kiristao

Yes. As long as they're playing a back 3, Alonso seems the preferred option.

However, of Tuchel is ever going to give Chills a go, it'll be in this game, against a team that carry zero attacking threat plus the fact that Alonso just played two games off the back of not playing at all recently.

I think long term, it appears Alonso is favoured so I'll drop Chilwell after this week.
Make sense. Thanks. What about Rudiger though? Comes at an excellent price as well.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Any suggestions of any Chelsea defender to replace him? Am leaning towards Rudiger.
Rudiger will play, especially with Silva out. My only issue with him is there is a low ceiling. Alonso, James and Azpi have higher ceilings...

Personally I'd go for a Burnley defender as they have a great DGW coming up...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Would you bring in Son this week if you didn't have him?

I was thinking to bring him for Soucek in and Captain him but then they have City and West Ham... Whereas Soucek has Fulham and Sheff...

Alternatively I can bank the transfer and try get through GW26 without WC.

I'll bring in Tarkowski next week and use the other transfer once I see the doubles announced.

Then I can transfer my way into the blank and WC out of it.
I dunno mate. Surely he has to score against West Brom? I think I'd bring him in for fear of not having him which is probably not smart. It's what I did with Salah last week and look how that turned out.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Martinez
Justin shaw cancelo
Salah Bruno son gundodan Maddison
Antoinio Watkins

Bench: stones, DCL

Feels weird benching stones and DCL, but I don't expect DCL to,score,against us, and Liverpool could surprise us and score at home.

Bruno for captain? Has to be him or Antonio

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I dunno mate. Surely he has to score against West Brom? I think I'd bring him in for fear of not having him which is probably not smart. It's what I did with Salah last week and look how that turned out.
yeah good point... I think I'll just ignore him and hide behind the sofa during that game

Martinez
Justin shaw cancelo
Salah Bruno son gundodan Maddison
Antoinio Watkins

Bench: stones, DCL

Feels weird benching stones and DCL, but I don't expect DCL to,score,against us, and Liverpool could surprise us and score at home.

Bruno for captain? Has to be him or Antonio
Why not bench Gundo?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
With the mini double game week in WK24, and Double Gamweek for a lot of teams in WK26, Nick Pope looks like the best transfer to bring in now. Burnley play Birighton in 23, Palace and Fulham in 24, Wes Brom in 25, and are all but certain to double up and play Spurs and Leicester in 26. So I'm thinking this will be my team this week. Any advice?

Pope (although i might keep him in for this week as Fabianski has a nice fixture tmo)
Dias, Dier, Coufal (or Stones, not sure)
Bruno (C), Soucek, Rashford, Grealish, Salah (Might take minus 4 and bring in Son, who has 2 DGWS coming up)
Bamford, DCL (don't think he'll score against us, but more likely than McGoldrick is to score vs Chelsea)

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Why not bench Gundo?
I'm hesitant. as he's been in great form. Very productive on the offensive end, and i'm pretty sure he's taking penalties (maybe second pick after Jesus). But i might consider it still.

troylocker

Meslier (Martinez)
Coufal, Justin, Cancelo (Bednarek, Stones)
Grealish, Salah, Bruno(C), Rashford (Gundogan)
Bamford, Antonio(V), Watkins

3,7M in the bank

Hopefully back on track after a couple of horrorweeks.

Thoughts?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Forgot to change my team 4 consecutive GW's, now I have 3 players in the red, definitely out for the next few game and one 50/50.

I had two FT so replacing them all would be an 8 point hit. Do I use the WC or just take the hit? I suppose this is where the wild card is useful but I always have the feeling when I'm using it that I could need it further down the line.

Currently 4th in my main league, about 100 or so points behind the leader.

Nickosaur

Forgot to change my team 4 consecutive GW's, now I have 3 players in the red, definitely out for the next few game and one 50/50.

I had two FT so replacing them all would be an 8 point hit. Do I use the WC or just take the hit? I suppose this is where the wild card is useful but I always have the feeling when I'm using it that I could need it further down the line.

Currently 4th in my main league, about 100 or so points behind the leader.
I wouldn't waste your wildcard if you're worried about an 8 point hit.
Do you really need to replace all those injured players now? Who are they? Surely you can have a full XI and get past this gameweek with your 2 fts?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't waste your wildcard if you're worried about an 8 point hit.
Do you really need to replace all those injured players now? Who are they? Surely you can have a full XI and get past this gameweek with your 2 fts?
The players are Kane, Reguillon, March and Walker-Peters. But then there is also Chilwell who I have left in but he hasn't played a minute in 2 consecutive games.

Could leave Walker-Peters in as he's only listed as 50/50 and take a 4 point hit on the other 3 - could bring in Diaz, Soucek and Vardy for Reguillon, March and Kane.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Meslier (Martinez)
Coufal, Justin, Cancelo (Bednarek, Stones)
Grealish, Salah, Bruno(C), Rashford (Gundogan)
Bamford, Antonio(V), Watkins

3,7M in the bank

Hopefully back on track after a couple of horrorweeks.

Thoughts?
May aswell throw Luke Shaw in the mix instead of Bednarek. Rashford the only other one I'm not sure about but an easy switch to whoever with your funds. Looks very good otherwise

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ok feck it, I'm gonna not get Son and hope he doesn't get more than one goal.

It's the following fixtures that worry me about him, whereas Soucek has Fulham and Sheff and then he's out for a DGW player.

This way I will roll my transfer and will lead to some good options and allow me to save my WC for GW30.

Now watch Soucek carry on trolling me.

kiristao

My team is
Mcarthy Martin
Chilwell Stones Justin Holding Mitchell
Salah Bruno Sterling Grealish Gundogan
Antonio Bamford Mitrovic

Considering replacing Chilwell and Gundogan with Rudiger and Madison. Any thoughts/Suggestions?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
My team is
Mcarthy Martin
Chilwell Stones Justin Holding Mitchell
Salah Bruno Sterling Grealish Gundogan
Antonio Bamford Mitrovic

Considering replacing Chilwell and Gundogan with Rudiger and Madison. Any thoughts/Suggestions?
If you're going to replace Chilwell with another Chelsea defender, I'd go with Alonso. He at least carries a significant goal threat by comparison.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Right, bit the bullet and took Salah out for Son. Gambling in Liverpool having a stinker.

Team for this week finalized

Martinez
Stones, Dier, Dias
Son, Brun(C), Grealish, Soucek, Rashford
DCL, Bamford

Foster, Coufal, Mitchell, McGoldrick.

4.1 in the bank.

Thoughts?

LungiDevil

I am hoping for a 4-4 all out goal scoring fest between City/Pool, with Salah & Gundo scoring.
With everyone dumping Salah, it will be a good differential.

I mean Pool have to go for it if they want to keep their title hopes up. Open game anyone?

On that note, I am thinking of making him (C)

United Hobbit

Anyone fancy any Chelsea defenders again? 3 clean sheets in 3 games under Tuchel and some easy games on paper coming up. Obviously not Chilwell like @United Hobbit :nervous: Seems Alonso has taken his place for now.

Dave at 5.6 looks the safest pick, Rudiger at 4.5 a potential bargain, Alonso at 5.6 the high risk high gain punt.
United Hobbit has now proceeded to put Chilwell in the deepest bin possible! :nervous:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Anyone fancy any Chelsea defenders again? 3 clean sheets in 3 games under Tuchel and some easy games on paper coming up. Obviously not Chilwell like @United Hobbit :nervous: Seems Alonso has taken his place for now.

Dave at 5.6 looks the safest pick, Rudiger at 4.5 a potential bargain, Alonso at 5.6 the high risk high gain punt.
yeah I brought in werner and Tiago silva (both did crap enough) probably the right idea just a fixture or 2 early and silva went off injured last night.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, a few situations

1. Which 2 of these defenders to leave out?
  2. Play all of the power 5 mids, or perhaps bench Gundo for an extra defender?
  3. What to do with 2 free transfers bearing in mind I don't want to lose any of those 5, or my defence. Bamford to Antonio, or upgrade my second choice keeper from 4m non player the only things i can see. (Antonio and Bamford are the top 2 brought in strikers this week by a mile!)
Mendy
Stones Dias Justin Dier Coufal
Salah Bruno Son Grealish Gundo
Bamford Watkins

Deffo benched
DCL, Martin

2 Freebies, 1.8m in bank

Last edited:

Cutch

I am hoping for a 4-4 all out goal scoring fest between City/Pool, with Salah & Gundo scoring.
With everyone dumping Salah, it will be a good differential.

I mean Pool have to go for it if they want to keep their title hopes up. Open game anyone?

On that note, I am thinking of making him (C)
Can't see it being open. Yes, pool really need to win the game but I can't see City leaving themselves too exposed. Think there'll be 1 or 2 goals max

Cutch

Ok, a few situations

1. Which 2 of these defenders to leave out?
  2. Play all of the power 5 mids, or perhaps bench Gundo for an extra defender?
  3. What to do with 2 free transfers bearing in mind I don't want to lose any of those 5, or my defence. Bamford to Antonio, or upgrade my second choice keeper from 4m non player the only things i can see. (Antonio and Bamford are the top 2 brought in strikers this week by a mile!)
Mendy
Stones Dias Justin Dier Coufal
Salah Bruno Son Grealish Gundo
Bamford Watkins

Deffo benched
DCL, Martin

2 Freebies, 1.8m in bank
You won't like this but I'd bench Stones and Salah, and do either:
- Sub keeper to Sanchez (Brighton)
- Dier to Shaw

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You won't like this but I'd bench Stones and Salah, and do either:
- Sub keeper to Sanchez (Brighton)
- Dier to Shaw
Some decent suggestions. It is a tough one this week.

I just can't bench Salah. He can pop up with a 2 goaler when you're not expecting it.
While I'll play Mendy v Sheff Utd this week, the Brighton keeper would add to my options and save wasting a freebie.

Shaw is very much on my radar, but my defensive options this week are already too hard to narrow down, without adding another into the mix. Dier (or Son) out when they face West Brom screams "danger" to me :)

I was thinking about Bamford out, but Palace are cack, and he's second in the transfers in. So he could well match or better Antonio anyway - although Antonio has another great fixture next week while Bamford has a harder one. But then I can always play DCL-Watkins, my 5mids and defenders!

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I put Bamford as Captain l o l.

Did I do wrong :nervous:
On the right day, genius. But risky of course!

I hadn't realised he has a double in week 25. With DCL having a double in week 24, and liking Watkins as he'll have 2 doubles at some stage, I think that concentrates my mind that I'll leave the front 3 alone.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

I put Bamford as Captain l o l.

Did I do wrong :nervous:
Did you also put a 100 on United winning by 2 goals? Both have similar odds. You don't know which one will turn up on that day.

Edit: I am just figuratively speaking. Don't post betting odds from various sites :D