Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Deery

Dreary
Took out Gundogan and Cavani for Rashford and Decardova-Reid, because the both of them are carrying injuries so hopefully to pays off.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That is absolutely ridiculous :lol: When did Fulham become a drastically better defensive team than Southampton?
Over the last several weeks, basically.

Southampton are bottom of the league for xG conceded over the last 6 matches, while Fulham are 7th in the league. 11.51 vs 6.53. No team has conceded more big chances than Southampton over the last 9 GWs and even if you discount the United game they're still conceding approx. two big chances a game.

On current form Fulham are a lot better defensively than Southampton.

Tarrou

Which is why I am not sure. Need to plan it so that we can ship out Dallas and Raphinha for two doubles after 25.
I'm in two minds as well but struggling to think of a better opportunity to BB after this.

So I might go with 3 Leeds for 25, transfer one out next week and BB with 13 doublers +2 Leeds

JuriM

My lineup:

Martinez
Dias, Wan Bissaka, Coufal
Sterling, Grealish, Son, Bruno, Harrison
Bamford, Cavani

Bench: Guaita, Antonio, Mitchell, Holding

Seems to be okay for this gameweek. Gambling on Bamford as captain for the DGW.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My lineup:

Martinez
Dias, Wan Bissaka, Coufal
Sterling, Grealish, Son, Bruno, Harrison
Bamford, Cavani

Bench: Guaita, Antonio, Mitchell, Holding

Seems to be okay for this gameweek. Gambling on Bamford as captain for the DGW.
It's not a gamble. Would expect him to be the most captained player. Bruno closely behind. Harrison would be the gamble.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don’t really understand why. Fulham have improved defensively, but would that really change someone’s plans so dramatically.
That is absolutely ridiculous :lol: When did Fulham become a drastically better defensive team than Southampton?
Yeah that's a bit mental from Ben. Fulham have improved but they're still 3rd bottom of the league for reason. The 9-0 thumping we gave the Saints skews their defensive numbers considerably as you might expect.

Burnley + either of Southampton or Fulham is about as good as it gets for a TC punt both fixture wise and for a team who's unlikely to rest whoever you give the armband to (assuming from Kane or Son).

My bigger concern would be Kane reinjuring himself (sounds very much like he's playing through the pain barrier at the moment) and the fact that Spurs would be happy to nick a goal or 2 and sit back.
Burnley are Burnley, they'll do Burnley things so that game can be very low-scoring (unless there's an early goal).

In the last 6 games, Fulham have kept 3 shut outs. And when they have conceded, it's never more than two. Basically, their games are now quite tight. We know how Spurs like to play, so that game is likely to be a 1-0 kind of affair.

This is why if the double is like the above, it makes it less appealing to TC Kane.

Southampton play a higher line, they are more attacking and they are also missing a few players. They conceded 3 to Arsenal within the last 6 games and also 3 to Newcastle. You read that right, Newcastle. Yeah. Bruce Ball. Plus, Spurs play to counter and Soton are setup perfectly for Spurs to exploit. Just look at how the game went when they played near the start of the season. I actually think Son might do better in this game than Kane.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
How nailed is Sruijk for Leeds?

I have Dallas and Bamford and need another Leeds player (I am 0.1off of Kane so need to downgrade Coufal).

I can easily get Ayling or Alioski for 4.4 but Struijk is 3.9 and that extra fund will set me up for a couple of transfers I want to make down the line...

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Tossing up between making Bruno, Bamford or Raphinha captain. Bruno has a relatively straight forward match against Newcastle at home but played 80+ minutes last night while Bamford and Raphinha have a two games in this gameweek.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Something like that yeah. Yeah Cresswell has tough fixtures. There’s not really anyone I’d change him for though? Did bring Targett in for him, but now brought Grealish in so can’t have him. Hoping form over fixtures counts for a bit. Unless I’ve not thought of someone instead of?
Well I'm probably going Dier - think he's a shit player but plays, and fixtures good for Spurs g/fwd. Leicester also have good fixtures but their Def's are changing
so you'll BB with three single gameweekers?

I'm considering the same but with three Leeds it makes it less enticing
The way I look at it is if you had a few players with DGW but one game was City or United or Liverpool, you wouldn't expect a haul most times anyway. So if I have 15 reasonable players who should all play and 12 of them are DGWs, that's pretty good... not perfect but impossible to get 3 Leeds DGWs then 15 DGWs without losing tfr points or using WC chip (and I'm not doing either)
Probably at 6.15 just so they can sit there and laugh going "bet all the FF nerds are having a breakdown now :) "

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

How nailed is Sruijk for Leeds?

I have Dallas and Bamford and need another Leeds player (I am 0.1off of Kane so need to downgrade Coufal).

I can easily get Ayling or Alioski for 4.4 but Struijk is 3.9 and that extra fund will set me up for a couple of transfers I want to make down the line...
What 26 plan do you got?

There are other interesting cheap defenders to get, but if you mainly need one this week then Struijk might be the one to get.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What 26 plan do you got?

There are other interesting cheap defenders to get, but if you mainly need one this week then Struijk might be the one to get.
The plan is to have as many doublers and potentially TC Kane.

Martinez
Cancelo, Stones, Lowton
Grealish, Salah, Son, Gundogan, Bruno
Kane, Watkins

Subs: Forster, Bamford, Dallas, Struijk

So as you can see, my entire first 11 are playing twice.

My plan beyond this is to:

GW27: roll transfer
GW28: Forster out to Sanchez
GW29: Stones and Cancelo out for Dunk and Alderweirald
GW30: Bring in Alonso/Rudiger for Dunk (Bench Boost)
GW31: Wild Card!!!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sounds good to me as these are two same players I want to bring in, not sure if I want raphina for soucek on -4!
Big issue, is that while that's a strong couple of transfers potentially, I'd then have to bench one of these 8

Salah, Bruno, Grealish, Gundo, Raphina
Bamford, Ings, Watkings

Would have to be between Grealish and Watkins I suppose? Ruining my pleasure watching them a little. Gundo, if Pep isn't very strong that he starts?

Other issue is I'd need Son or Kane, or both in for next week.
Ings would move straight to Kane though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The plan is to have as many doublers and potentially TC Kane.

Martinez
Cancelo, Stones, Lowton
Grealish, Salah, Son, Gundogan, Bruno
Kane, Watkins

Subs: Forster, Bamford, Dallas, Struijk

So as you can see, my entire first 11 are playing twice.

My plan beyond this is to:

GW27: roll transfer
GW28: Forster out to Sanchez
GW29: Stones and Cancelo out for Dunk and Alderweirald
GW30: Bring in Alonso/Rudiger for Dunk (Bench Boost)
GW31: Wild Card!!!!
Like the 30 BB & 31 WC. Building for 29 is basically building for 30 too given so many of those teams have one last quality fixture that week.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Like the 30 BB & 31 WC. Building for 29 is basically building for 30 too given so many of those teams have one last quality fixture that week.
Exactly that. Dead end the team into GW30 then WC out for the final stretch.

I just have a feeling injuries will screw up my plan...

Moby

Dick
Decided on this for BB26

Martinez, Areola
Targett, Dallas, Shaw, Dias, Stones
Maddison, Salah, Bruno, Gundogan, Raphinha
Kane, Bamford, Watkins

1.4 ITB. Dallas and Raphinha go out for 2 doublers for BB26.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Shaw or Cresswell this week? Cancelo or Dias?

Antonio benched for sure. Team:

Areola
Cancelo Dallas Shaw
Rashford Bruno Raphinha Grealish Gundogan
Bamford Watkins

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Areola
Cancelo Dallas Shaw
Bamford Watkins
Got to have Shaw in there, home to Newcastle. Without any doubt. Rested yesterday too, so should be a certain starter.

RedDevil@84

Areola
Cancelo Dallas Shaw
Bamford Watkins
I put Dias on bench. I am thinking Arsenal will score at least one.

Will Mee be back against West Brom?

Nickosaur

Have 2x FTs. Thinking of doing Soucek > Raphinha and Antonio to... Watkins or Kane? Both should have DGWs coming up. Think I'll probably go for Kane, though I'm not 100% convinced by Spurs.

Team for this gw should be:

Martinez
Dallas / Dias / Lowton
Salah / Fernandes / Son / Gundogan / Raphinha
Bamford (C) / Watkins or Kane?!

Bench: DCL / Stones / Coufal

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
No double news yet? Deadline is cutting it fine.

Ananke

Feel like my team is pretty solid this week:

First Team -
Martinez
Cancelo/Wan Bissaka/Dallas
Sterling/Fernandes/Gundogan/Harrison
Watkins/DCL/Bamford(C)
Bench -
Pope/Cresswell/Soucek/Konsa

Went for a bench boost this week too, it's quite tight in my league and I think these fixtures lend well to a big push. Been sitting in 5th for way too long and clawing points back bit by bit!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
One hour to finish my wildcard. Grealish or Rashford? Grealish or Rashford? Rashford or Grealish? Grealish or Rashfird? Grealish or Rashford? Rashford or Grealish? Grealish or Rashford? Grealish or Rashford? Rashford or Grealish? Aaaarghhhhhhhhhhh....

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
One hour to finish my wildcard. Grealish or Rashford? Grealish or Rashford? Rashford or Grealish? Grealish or Rashfird? Grealish or Rashford? Rashford or Grealish? Grealish or Rashford? Grealish or Rashford? Rashford or Grealish? Aaaarghhhhhhhhhhh....
Grealish or Dallas or Barnes or aswiuodhasuiodasdas das

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think I took an 8 point hit this week and will probably take an 8 or 12 point hit next week, because feck it thats why.

United Hobbit

Am I stupid to captain Bamford with his double game week? I'm really tempted but I captained Antonio recently and he did a grand total of nothing, so I've been put off after that.
Bamford also seems a bit hot and cold. But he does always play, so even if he just plays both full games he gets me 8 points...

It's on Son atm, Salah vice as Everton always roll over for them, plus there's there's horrible potential they've hit form after the CL rout...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Am I stupid to captain Bamford with his double game week? I'm really tempted but I captained Antonio recently and he did a grand total of nothing, so I've been put off after that.
Bamford also seems a bit hot and cold. But he does always play, so even if he just plays both full games he gets me 8 points...

It's on Son atm, Salah vice as Everton always roll over for them, plus there's there's horrible potential they've hit form after the CL rout...
Torn between Bamford and Raphina as captain myself!

Nickosaur

Bamford will probably be the most captained player this week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Torn between Bamford and Raphina as captain myself!
Bamford can infuriate, but can often stick in a goal, so a solid 6-7 pointer, whereas Raphina has been putting in returns for about 6-7 weeks in a row now.

Playing percentages myself I think, with Bamford, as he's about 55% in the fantasy scout captain poll.

Ings is another option, but Bamford has to be "safest" at least on paper.