Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It is a fantasy law that any player performing well in the first half of a dgw shall inevitably blank in the second half.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good news on that Everton equaliser.
Shame Digne had to be involved, but will take it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just about got through that with not much damage. Cancelo and Sterling 2 pointers helped!

Only lost 9 points to a rival who had 7 doublers, 3 more than me. He must be gutted, as even those 3 players playing twice and doing nothing would be 6 points!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Finding it hard to justify keeping Sterling. For 1m more I could have Salah, for 5m less I could have Foden. Any good reason at all to keep him?
You need a elite city attacker thats not KDB when he was injured. Foden, Gundagon all would be rotated. I would get rid as soon as KDB is fully fit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Finding it hard to justify keeping Sterling. For 1m more I could have Salah, for 5m less I could have Foden. Any good reason at all to keep him?
You could also switch to KDB sometime soon, who will be owned by very few active players.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

hubbuh

101 all out. Not bad but feels like a bit of a damp squib after Gundogan had us riding to the moon early on. My starting forwards scored a humble 0 collectively (DCL and Antonio), both will be automatically subbed out for Son (2 points) and Bamford (2 points).

I've still got all my chips so yeah, info on the DGWs soon hopefully.

Cornish

Managed to break the 100 point barrier this week. Could’ve done with Burnley keeping a clean sheet tonight but can’t complain to much! Glad city conceded though. Person above me in my mini league had 2 city defenders and Ederson captain! Desperately need the dgw’s announced for gw26 now though!!

Nickosaur

Looks like I'll finish on 101. Thought I'd be getting a much higher total after Saturday night, with Lowton and Gundo (C) hauls.
101 all out. Not bad but feels like a bit of a damp squib after Gundogan had us riding to the moon early on. My starting forwards scored a humble 0 collectively (DCL and Antonio), both will be automatically subbed out for Son (2 points) and Bamford (2 points).

I've still got all my chips so yeah, info on the DGWs soon hopefully.
Same score. After Gundogan and Lowton on Saturday I was expecting higher but lots of DGW players didn't play 2x games... but I'll never be too disappointed with a 100+ score.

Paul_Scholes18

I wouldn't call a 2 point difference a fail mate. You did a sensible thing, managed the risk, and it didn't hurt you too bad.
I could otherwise got Mee,Tarkowski or Lowton in for the transfer and got more points though by selling Justin.
I made the move early though to save 0.1 which was extremly stupid before the Justin injury news.

Pope is expensive to have on the bench. Although I already had De Gea.

Next week is another hard one to call. Tough game for Martinez, but if he get a clean sheet it is probably 10 points for him.
Pope not getting the save points I hoped for recently and West Brom is probably not better.

RedDevil@84

71 points with all my DGW players, except Foden, playing only singe games. So guess it is not bad for someone who doesn't have Gundogan/Sterling

Withnail

I was hoping for more than 76pts when everything started so well. Suppose with KDB back that'll mean Gundo back to normal.

My team seems to need a bit of surgery and I've clearly used my 2nd WC way too early.

redmanc

So thinking to next game week, Martinez v Leicester or Areola v Sheffield? I'm leaning towards Martinez just for the points he tends to earn from saves.

Leonzo1

When will we know if Gundo is out for the next game? Transferring him out for Raphinha on a one week punt looks like a decent move.

Tarrou

Are people wildcarding this week? I need those fixtures out!

98 all out. Gutted
I have. Even without the fixtures out, we know which teams will have doubles in one or more of 26/27/28. So I want to load my team with those players whilst also planning for 29 as best as possible.

If they come out before the deadline it will be nice but I would still have WC'd even if I knew for sure we wouldn't have them in time.

Pep has pretty much confirmed City have a double in 26 and 27.

Leonzo1

I have. Even without the fixtures out, we know which teams will have doubles in one or more of 26/27/28. So I want to load my team with those players whilst also planning for 29 as best as possible.

If they come out before the deadline it will be nice but I would still have WC'd even if I knew for sure we wouldn't have them in time.

Pep has pretty much confirmed City have a double in 26 and 27.
Can you share your knowledge of the upcoming doubles and blank? Really can't understand what's happening until 29.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So thinking to next game week, Martinez v Leicester or Areola v Sheffield? I'm leaning towards Martinez just for the points he tends to earn from saves.
I'm still picking Areola as I never learn. I seem to play chicken with Martinez every week and come off worse.

Areola
Dias Mee Cancelo
Son Rashford Bruno Gundo Raphinha (vc)
Bamford (c) Watkins

subs: Martinez, Cresswell, DCL, Digne

Fully expect that bench to come in to play again as well as I think City will rest a few.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Lowton, Gundogan, Sterling and Kane got me 48 points after Saturday's games. I ended the round with 78.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Pep roulette means I wont be bench boosting although I have Cancel, Antonio and Lowton on the bench...

Leonzo1

Can get 26 players playing in GW 26 with a -4 hit and no wildcard so I will definitely be bench boosting in 26, most likely wildcarding in 31.

Riz

Anyone thinking of wildcarding this week to be set up for the DGW’s?

Seen a lot are saying GW31 instead, why’s that?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I got a 112 point gap to close on my ML leader with a very similar team. I got:

Areola Johnstone
Cancelo Dias Dallas Cresswell Shaw
Bruno Gundogan Grealish Raphinha Rashford
Bamford Antonio Watkins

Bolded are the ones he also has. Then he has Pope, Meslier, Stones (basically same as Dias), Digne, Salah, Son, Smith Rowe and DCL for the other ones. I doubt I am catching up 112 pts on remaining players but I got 10.3m in the bank so I think I will focus on replacing the bolded ones first to have a differential. Antonio -> Kane my first move, then one of Cancelo/Dias for someone else so I can take in KDB for Rashford, and improve my goalkeeper. I don't have WC anymore but am keen on taking 2-3 hits.

Martinez (Areola)
Dias Reguillon Cresswell Shaw Dallas
Bruno Gundogan
Grealish KDB Maddison
Kane Bamford Watkins

Is maybe where I would like to end up. I'd still have 1.2m in the bank following that. I'd still have big coverage but I feel like I'd have advantage in other positions to maybe get there. I also still have TC which he doesn't.

hubbuh

Is anyone thinking about losing Grealish? I've got a midfield of Salah - Son - Bruno - Gundogan but I like Raphina. Could get Watkins in over Antonio to cover Villa?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Anyone thinking of wildcarding this week to be set up for the DGW’s?

Seen a lot are saying GW31 instead, why’s that?
If you have (or can easily get to) that template team that most people have:

3 villa players (Grealish, Martinez, Watkins)
2 Spurs players (Kane and Son)
1 United player (Bruno)
3 City players (Cancelo, Stones and Gundo)
2-3 Leeds players (Dallas, Bamford and maybe Raphinha)
1 Liverpool player (Salah)

*the bracket players are the highest owned players from these teams.

Then you are in a good place to navigate the DGW26 and the BGW29. With this group of players, you also have a very favourable GW30 with Leeds playing Sheff Utd, Villa playing Fulham and Spurs playing Newcastle.

After GW30, most of these fixtures swing and teams like Leeds and Villa will have tough fixtures and City and Spurs will blank in 33. So you can use your WC to get out of this situation if you play it after GW30 and load up with players that have easy fixtures for the final stretch of the season. This way you can also bring back fodder for your bench like Kilman and Mitchell to maximise your first team.

I am doing this exact thing.

I'll TC on GW26 (Kane) and WC on GW31.

I just need to use my bench boost before then...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is anyone thinking about losing Grealish? I've got a midfield of Salah - Son - Bruno - Gundogan but I like Raphina. Could get Watkins in over Antonio to cover Villa?
I want to swap him for maddison but might as well wait as Villa have 3 DGWs coming up at some point.