Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

What do people think about Son? Or Spurs players in general? They looked totally insipid today.
Not trusting them much. Still got good fixtures though. Southampton looked really weak so that game could have some goals hopefully.
If you can find enough money to get Bruno or Rashford then I would do it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
47 with Werner and Egan to go. Average start this year.

Really tempting to shift Son out for a Utd midfielder but will wait till next deadline to see how I feel

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Dropping TAA would actually allow me to go with Auba, Havertz, Bruno and KDB in midfield, and have Martial and DCL up front. I feel like the £4.5m defenders are the way to go this year. Wouldn’t mind having defense of Tierney, Dallas, Justin, Vinagre and Mitchell right now.

Thinking about WC and:

McCarthy
Tierney Justin Vinagre Dallas Mitchell
Auba KDB Bruno Havertz ASM
Martial DCL £4.5m

My fear is that Spurs assets will drop in price already as KDB and Bruno become more expensive, so any changes will become impossible. TAA could drop too, besides his value will largely rely on Liverpool being able to defend + he’s not differential at all as everyone has him. I am willing to take that gamble I think.

Last edited:

hubbuh

Dropping TAA would actually allow me to go with Auba, Havertz, Bruno and KDB in midfield, and have Martial and DCL up front. I feel like the £4.5m defenders are the way to go this year. Wouldn’t mind having defense of Tierney, Dallas, Justin, Vinagre and Mitchell right now.

Thinking about WC and:

McCarthy
Martial DCL £4.5m

My fear is that Spurs assets will drop in price already as KDB and Bruno become more expensive, so any changes will become impossible. TAA could drop too, besides his value will largely rely on Liverpool being able to defend + he’s not differential at all as everyone has him. I am willing to take that gamble I think.
Salah over Auba surely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Thinking about WC and:

McCarthy
Martial DCL £4.5m

Is your thinking on Auba over Salah simply due to the next fixture? Or do you have a specific anti Salah policy? I think I remember you saying you never have him?

The thing with TAA is you need to look at the price in relation to all players, not just defenders. What midfielder or striker anywhere close to 7.5 will match his output over the season?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Had him in my first draft, but then remembered the mantra - do not have Jose attacking players these days.
I only have him as a place holder. Had City n Utd played GW1 he'd not have even made the final cut. He's not worth the price playing under Jose I agree. Neither is Kane.

Sarni

Is your thinking on Auba over Salah simply due to the next fixture? Or do you have a specific anti Salah policy? I think I remember you saying you never have him?

The thing with TAA is you need to look at the price in relation to all players, not just defenders. What midfielder or striker anywhere close to 7.5 will match his output over the season?
No I just don’t like Salah and I’ve almost never had him in any of my teams. Only towards the end of last season.

No midfielder or striker at £7.5m will get you anywhere near TAA output but I also look at other players prices and what sort of upgrade that will get me. The ‘entry’ point for defenders is £4.5m where you can get good players, for £5.5m you basically get players who start for good teams. In midfielder that becomes £7.5m easily.

If TAA gets 200+ he’s well worth it. If he’s closer to 160-170 mark, it may be a better idea to boost midfield instead. Honestly I’ll give it a try. If Liverpool defense sucks I will have a huge advantage with that midfield and attack.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No I just don’t like Salah and I’ve almost never had him in any of my teams. Only towards the end of last season.
Even after he's just smashed a 40 pointer?
Is this some personal grudge? :lol:

How many points are you on this week?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Over the next few weeks
Doherty- Digne
Alli- James Rodriguez or Willian
Auba- Bruno
Keep Salah and see how united and city get on for Foden v Mason

going to hold the wildcard for as long as possible. I think My team is ok just a bad week.

maybe leave the Southampton players in. Spurs at home next.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I only have him as a place holder. Had City n Utd played GW1 he'd not have even made the final cut. He's not worth the price playing under Jose I agree. Neither is Kane.
I was thinking the same for Docherty, thinking he's moved from a similar level team, where they had a system that maximised him, to a notoriously defensive one.
But then he did play very high and almost scored.
Will monitor that one.

Went Davies in the end, 1m cheaper. Had Egan to start with, but Tottenham's run is decent, so will probably be glad to have gone Tottenham defence.

Lebowski

My decision to go with Kane at the expense of a stronger midfielder looks to have been the wrong one. He only had two touches in their penalty box. Fair play to Mourinho- almost 2 years since he was sacked as United boss and his playstyle is still causing me frustration.

Sarni

Even after he's just smashed a 40 pointer?
Is this some personal grudge? :lol:

How many points are you on this week?
I just don’t like him, doesn’t matter to me how much he scores as I flat out don’t like having him in my team. It’s boring as hell. If Auba gets within 20-30 points off him this season I’m happy with that. Auba has scored 20+ in both last seasons, he’s been in great from for the last few months, I won’t be surprised if he outscores Salah this year.

38 this week, foolishly left DCL on the bench. Last in my league so far (unsurprisingly as I’m the only one without Salah) but started the same last year and won comfortably. As I said I don’t even look at overall rankings ever.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I was thinking the same for Docherty, thinking he's moved from a similar level team, where they had a system that maximised him, to a notoriously defensive one.
But then he did play very high and almost scored.
Will monitor that one.

Went Davies in the end, 1m cheaper. Had Egan to start with, but Tottenham's run is decent, so will probably be glad to have gone Tottenham defence.
Son will become a Utd player in my team. Doherty can be just about anyone too. It's about price points at the beginning and be able to switch easily.

People with loads of 4m and 4.5m defenders will find it harder to upgrade.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I just don’t like him, doesn’t matter to me how much he scores as I flat out don’t like having him in my team. It’s boring as hell. If Auba gets within 20-30 points off him this season I’m happy with that. Auba has scored 20+ in both last seasons, he’s been in great from for the last few months, I won’t be surprised if he outscores Salah this year.

38 this week, foolishly left DCL on the bench. Last in my league so far (unsurprisingly as I’m the only one without Salah) but started the same last year and won comfortably. As I said I don’t even look at overall rankings ever.
Fair enough.
Unlucky with DCL. Away to Tottenham should be a tough game.

I benched Soucek, and breathed a sigh of relief when he headed one just wide yesterday :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Thinking about WC and:

McCarthy
Martial DCL £4.5m

I have same doubts. Thinking about going with cheap defence and monster midfield.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Son will become a Utd player in my team. Doherty can be just about anyone too. It's about price points at the beginning and be able to switch easily.

People with loads of 4m and 4.5m defenders will find it harder to upgrade.
Most years I make the mistake of tying too much up in defence. So a 7.5, 5m and 3x4.5 should be a better mix.

Will probably get Ferguson in as a 4m for Palace when he's fit and hope Saliba starts playing for Arsenal soon. Can't imagine they'd be spending 27m on a reserve defender. Although 72m for Pepe who doesn't always start says it all!

United58

I'm after swapping Ings to Martial with nothing left in the bank so I won't be able to go Son -> Bruno for a while :(

If Spurs continue like this, what's the plan with Son? I might end up going Auba -> Bruno if we/he play(s) well against Palace

Mcking

Looking at my team now, I can't believe I picked Ings over Martial. I'm going to have to waste a free transfer.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
My plan was always to swap Son and Auba to KDB and Bruno as soon as GW2 starts.

But seeing the amount of people bringing these guys in has me worried.

I may end up in Rashford and Sterling instead.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My plan was always to do two subs before next gw. Was gonna do Auba out for KDB, but now I want to keep him. So thinking Doherty to Tierney instead, to allow for Son to Bruno.

But then I won't have City coverage.

Don't know what to do.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
My plan was always to swap Son and Auba to KDB and Bruno as soon as GW2 starts.

But seeing the amount of people bringing these guys in has me worried.

I may end up in Rashford and Sterling instead.
KDB isn't essential for me in GW2. City play Wolves away which won't be easy for them and they haven't even had a single friendly either.

Auba has Westham at home. Taking him out before that game is madness.

Wayne's World

Very worried about having Son and Kane in my team now. I would have no problem keeping them in for a few weeks If they had a different manager but I can't see Mourinho getting the best out of them

Can bring in Bruno and Martial for Son and Kane but lose 4 points but I have a week to think over it

Tiber

2 points for Kane, two points for Son, one point for Alexander Arnold, I give up already :lol:

Always intended to bring in Bruno and Martial, might make a load of changes asap

Mcking

People avoid Rashford i see. Any reason? He will deliver better than Havertz i think
Extra million over Havertz. Likely won't be on pens anymore and just hugs the wing lately. Find the extra million and bring in Fernandes, or go with Son.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Extra million over Havertz. Likely won't be on pens anymore and just hugs the wing lately. Find the extra million and bring in Fernandes, or go with Son.
I think that Rashy will hit 15/10 this season easily. Havertz? Hm, not so sure.
I have 83 points with Ramsdale and Traore still to play. And i am changing half of my team. I went too heavy on defence with weak midfield.
Rookie mistake. Going with cheap defence and strong midfield and attack now.

Only dilemma now is Bellerin. For 5mil he looks as bargain

luke511

I've gone for the almighty 4 in midfield, Salah, De Bruyne, Fernandes and Aubameyang.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Using WC. So no 3rd chance for me.
Ramsdale/Nyland
Bellerin, Dallas, Taylor (Burnley), Vinagre, Justin
Rashford, Bruno, Salah, Traore, Stephens
Martial, Kane, Bamford.

If United fail, i will fail. :)

Dan_F

Looking at my team now, I can't believe I picked Ings over Martial. I'm going to have to waste a free transfer.
I did the same thing, but knew I was going to when I made my team. It was a free shot at Ings getting a couple of goals against a lower quality team, didn’t work, but that’s always a risk.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
KDB isn't essential for me in GW2. City play Wolves away which won't be easy for them and they haven't even had a single friendly either.

Auba has Westham at home. Taking him out before that game is madness.
Same. I wanted Bruno but I have 1m in the bank and dropping Son will only get me to 10m. That's why I was hoping I can ride out this week to have Auba vs. Moyes Ham and then drop Auba and Son for KDB and Bruno.

But with all the knee jerking going on, Son might drop in price whilst KDB and Bruno go up. Which means I'll have to adjust my plan and forget KDB and Bruno in. I don't think i'll be taking a hit or making any transfers just yet.

Auba should do well against the worst team so far and I can imagine a reaction from Son. Spurs were shite but remember, Everton were also really good. I can see Son tearing KWP a new one next week.

Last year I made some dumb moves to avoid price changes but the extra value in the end didn't help me against the guy who finished first. My final value was 107m and his was 99.5. I guess I'm gonna chase points instead this time around!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Same. I wanted Bruno but I have 1m in the bank and dropping Son will only get me to 10m. That's why I was hoping I can ride out this week to have Auba vs. Moyes Ham and then drop Auba and Son for KDB and Bruno.

But with all the knee jerking going on, Son might drop in price whilst KDB and Bruno go up. Which means I'll have to adjust my plan and forget KDB and Bruno in. I don't think i'll be taking a hit or making any transfers just yet.

Auba should do well against the worst team so far and I can imagine a reaction from Son. Spurs were shite but remember, Everton were also really good. I can see Son tearing KWP a new one next week.

Last year I made some dumb moves to avoid price changes but the extra value in the end didn't help me against the guy who finished first. My final value was 107m and his was 99.5. I guess I'm gonna chase points instead this time around!
Auba vs Westham H and Son vs Southampton A are decent fixtures. Don't panic.

I'm looking at 2 transfers in gw3 or even taking a minus 4 to do 3 transfers (mini wildcard as its sometimes referred)

Gw3 moves:
1. Auba to KDB - Dead set on this one.
2. Son to a Utd mid. 80% sure on this one.
3. Either Mitrovic or Adams to Wilson or DCL. This one would be for a hit so its 50/50 right now.

Sarni

I've gone for the almighty 4 in midfield, Salah, De Bruyne, Fernandes and Aubameyang.
What is the rest of the team? Surely no TAA etc.?

Mine is now:

McCarthy / Nyland
Tierney / Dallas / Vinagre / Justin / Mitchell
Auba / KDB / Bruno / Havertz / ASM
Martial / DCL / Davis

Davis will obviously never play and I will go 3 at the back almost all the time. Tierney is a lock, so is Dallas most of the time, the other one will be based on calendar. If I tried getting Salah, Mane or Sterling in that would be for Havertz, and would require me to downgrade £3.5m elsewhere... like go Adams & Wood instead of Martial and DCL. I think I prefer to have two strikers who will probably hit 15 each.

Neo_Mufc

Players I have my eyes on based off a GWk 1 eye test so this is heavily biased.

Rodriguez 7.5m - He looks like he could be a class fantasy asset, Everton finally look like a good team. Tbh you could make a case for DCL, Digne and Richarlison too. They have a great set of fixtures.
Castagne 5.5m - Reminds me of Alonso, looks like he loves to bomb up and attack.
C.Wilson 6.5m - I know he's playing for Newcastle but he could get off to a very good start.

Players I might need to remove

Ings 8.5m - His price has gone up a lot and tbh I'd rather pay an extra 0.5m for Martial or just go cheapy again.
Son 9.0 - Spurs were absolutely shite today. Son will get a crazy amount of points but I just don't like the way spurs play under Mourinho compared to when Poch was there.
TAA - Yes everyone has him but it could be a good strategy to remove him for the next 2 games, utlise that extra 1.5m-2.5m and see if you can make some gains in the next 2 matches because I'm fairly confident he will struggle against Arsenal and Chelsea (hope I'm not wrong).

Sarni

ASM + Havertz + Martial + Justin or Rodriguez + Greenwood + Wilson + Shaw + 1.0m in the bank to potentially upgrade Vinagre to a 5.5m defender? Tempted to drop Havertz who may or may not be good as James has looked good and will be focal point of attack as opposed to just one of 3-4 potentially brilliant attacking players. Martial v Wilson, well if there are less than 5 goals between them then Wilson is better value.