Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Wayne's World

Anyone think Maddison at 7.0 is good value? Up until his injury he was a key member of the Leicester team who were sweeping away sides before Christmas.

Seen he came off the bench today so waiting until he starts regularly to get him in.

luke511

What is the rest of the team? Surely no TAA etc.?

Mine is now:

McCarthy / Nyland
Tierney / Dallas / Vinagre / Justin / Mitchell
Auba / KDB / Bruno / Havertz / ASM
Martial / DCL / Davis

Davis will obviously never play and I will go 3 at the back almost all the time. Tierney is a lock, so is Dallas most of the time, the other one will be based on calendar. If I tried getting Salah, Mane or Sterling in that would be for Havertz, and would require me to downgrade £3.5m elsewhere... like go Adams & Wood instead of Martial and DCL. I think I prefer to have two strikers who will probably hit 15 each.
Yeah I've had to sacrifice TAA and Werner, big risk as they're the highest %s selected (other than Aubameyang). My team is -

McCarthy
Shaw Justin Struijk (will rotate with Mitchell depending on fixtures)
Aubameyang De Bruyne Fernandes Salah
Calvert-Lewin Wilson Waktins

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Anyone think Maddison at 7.0 is good value? Up until his injury he was a key member of the Leicester team who were sweeping away sides before Christmas.

Seen he came off the bench today so waiting until he starts regularly to get him in.
Grealish is better I think. Been thinking about getting Grealish in for one of the 2 remaining midfield spots but not sure, feels like Greenwood and Rodriguez can do more. If we don’t get Sancho then Greenwood will start most games, could get like 12-14 goals. Grealish will get a lot more assists though, and he will be absolutely central to anything Villa do. If I do get Grealish I’m able to afford Wan-Bissaka (or Maguire) instead of Shaw.

Wayne's World

Grealish is better I think. Been thinking about getting Grealish in for one of the 2 remaining midfield spots but not sure, feels like Greenwood and Rodriguez can do more. If we don’t get Sancho then Greenwood will start most games, could get like 12-14 goals. Grealish will get a lot more assists though, and he will be absolutely central to anything Villa do. If I do get Grealish I’m able to afford Wan-Bissaka (or Maguire) instead of Shaw.
Yeah forgot about Grealish actually, would be an interesting option at the same price

SteveTheRed

Yeah forgot about Grealish actually, would be an interesting option at the same price
Yes prefer Grealish or Zaha at that price, garantueed starters when fit and almost everything runs through them. Not ideal teams but unless Maddison nailed down a starting role I prefer them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have one final dilemma;
Pickford ir Ramsdale? Seeing Everton strong in defence gave me doubts about Ramsdale

Sarni

I have one final dilemma;
Pickford ir Ramsdale? Seeing Everton strong in defence gave me doubts about Ramsdale
Depends on who else you want from Everton. I got three Everton players now - Digne, Rodriguez and DCL. Sheffield don’t really have many outfield players that are tempting, aside from maybe defenders who you won’t want anyway if you already have their goalkeeper.

I realized Salah will soon go to 12.1 while Auba could drop to 11.9 so I have swapped them now, hoping for a change in price - will then go back to Auba with 0.1 in the bank.

Fosu-Mens

Depends on who else you want from Everton. I got three Everton players now - Digne, Rodriguez and DCL. Sheffield don’t really have many outfield players that are tempting, aside from maybe defenders who you won’t want anyway if you already have their goalkeeper.

I realized Salah will soon go to 12.1 while Auba could drop to 11.9 so I have swapped them now, hoping for a change in price - will then go back to Auba with 0.1 in the bank.
Considered James R, as I already got DCL and Everton midfield is now not Sh*t, still, not convinced by James R yesterday. And with Richarlison looking like a much better asset for 8.0, but James R is the most efficient historically. Why so early in on James R?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Have people already pulled the wildcard button or did you pick 3 Everton from the off? It's not clear.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Have no money to play with but Salah captain probably gives me the luxury to sit and roll the transfer.

Gives the likes of Ings and Mitrovic a second go and avoids any unnecessary knee jerking. Although Ings to Richarlison is quite tempting me at the moment. Means another week without United and City though. Hmmmm...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Have no money to play with but Salah captain probably gives me the luxury to sit and roll the transfer.

Gives the likes of Ings and Mitrovic a second go and avoids any unnecessary knee jerking. Although Ings to Richarlison is quite tempting me at the moment. Means another week without United and City though. Hmmmm...
I'd hold. It's better going into gw3 with 2 frees I reckon unless you have a player who isn't starting or injured then hold.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I keep seeing the numbers for KDB and Bruno going up and Son and Auba going down. I had a plan to do these switches in GW3 to keep Auba for Moyes Ham but these fecking kneejerkers are fecking up the prices.

Hopefully most of the transfers are using wild cards so it won't affect the price until Saturday...

Sarni

Considered James R, as I already got DCL and Everton midfield is now not Sh*t, still, not convinced by James R yesterday. And with Richarlison looking like a much better asset for 8.0, but James R is the most efficient historically. Why so early in on James R?
Likely price increases. I don’t like Richarlison as a striker at that price. As a midfielder yes, but that extra point for a goal and clean sheet is something that will be badly missed from his total which I now do not expect to go much above 150. James looks like he may be central to everything they do so could get like 8 + 8 comfortably.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Anyone done this draft portion of fantasy before?

Can someone explain to me what happens after gameweek 1 finishes tonight? Stuff about waiver deadline on Friday. But not quite sure I understand.

Wolverine

Fancy Bamford too at his price, Leeds I think will be a handful for most teams if they play like that regularly

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh for sure it is the sensible move. Just incredibly difficult in practice. :lol:
Patience is rewarded in FPL. Don't look at your rank and panic. I'm ranked at 1.7m right now and I finish top 20-25k every single season consistently. Loads of people go daft and the beginning and plays their chips. Others build a team that's good for GW1 and don't look past that match.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Patience is rewarded in FPL. Don't look at your rank and panic. I'm ranked at 1.7m right now and I finish top 20-25k every single season consistently. Loads of people go daft and the beginning and plays their chips. Others build a team that's good for GW1 and don't look past that match.
No panic. Auba was always gonna be gw2 captain so that's covered thought if Chelsea's defence looks poor again tonight I might just stick with Salah. It's more the annoyance at looking at moves you want to make and knowing you won't be able to afford them in a week.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No panic. Auba was always gonna be gw2 captain so that's covered thought if Chelsea's defence looks poor again tonight I might just stick with Salah. It's more the annoyance at looking at moves you want to make and knowing you won't be able to afford them in a week.
Yeah i get that.

My move in GW 3 is looking likely to be Auba down to KDB which frees up some cash. And then Son in gw4 down to Greenwood, Mahrez or somebody like that so cash won't be a huge issue for me I don't think.

Sarni

Fancy Bamford too at his price, Leeds I think will be a handful for most teams if they play like that regularly
Only issue is once Rodrigo settles he’s likely to take that spot from him.

Smores

Can't decide between Havertz & Werner or KDB & Wilson.

The latter sounds safer but we'll see how Chelsea get on tonight i guess.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't decide between Havertz & Werner or KDB & Wilson.

The latter sounds safer but we'll see how Chelsea get on tonight i guess.
Have you wildcarded then or are you just thinking about transfers?

Smores

Have you wildcarded then or are you just thinking about transfers?
Wildcarded. To be honest my team wasn't that bad and it's the first time I've used it within the first few months but I wanted united players in and wasn't willing to take the hit.

Fosu-Mens

Likely price increases. I don’t like Richarlison as a striker at that price. As a midfielder yes, but that extra point for a goal and clean sheet is something that will be badly missed from his total which I now do not expect to go much above 150. James looks like he may be central to everything they do so could get like 8 + 8 comfortably.
My issue with Richarlison as well.

I think I will wait one week with James R, or take a hit and get him in. Who knows.

I also think that Bamford might be a great value, despite Leeds having though fixtures and signed Rodrigo (who looked miles off being ready for Bielsa football), and Bamford not being the best technical player. Only Man City are good enough on the ball to be able to pass regularly through that high press, so Leeds should be able to score against any team, home and away, with Bamford starting most matches in the near future.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wildcarded. To be honest my team wasn't that bad and it's the first time I've used it within the first few months but I wanted united players in and wasn't willing to take the hit.
I wouldn't go without a City midfielder if I were you then. KDB or Sterling (I prefer KDB) are must haves if you're wildcarding. Probably not essential this week with it being Wolves away but as you've wildcarded you'll struggle to bring either in at a latter date.

Deery

Dreary
Was going to change Salah, Vardy and Son to DeBruyne, Fernandes and Martial but I think am going to stick with them considering the start they had. Might get rid of Son but who to bring in instead..

SteveCoppellFan

^^ This ^^

The knee jerk reaction is very strong early doors in FPL ..

Most players spend ages picking what they think is the right squad for the long term and then rip it all up after one or two weeks.

Hold fire, believe in your squad and find out who might be the cheap bargains for the season and slowly get them in as decent squad members.

Personally, I will take a hit in GW2 to get in Bruno and KDB but that was planned anyway, feels daft to remove Salah after his great points haul in GW1 but we have to stick to our plan.

In before my meltdown in GW5 when i'm bottom of most leagues. :)

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I need to switch Auba and Son to Bruno and KdB over the next two matchdays.

Question is Bruno or Auba for GW2?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I need to switch Auba and Son to Bruno and KdB over the next two matchdays.

Question is Bruno or Auba for GW2?
I plan to do the exact same transfers. Was hoping to not transfer this week and do the double change next week but I think I'll be priced out.

I wouldn't get rid of Auba against the worst team in the league so far (West Ham). I'm captaining him.

If I get priced out of my move, I'll just re-adjust my strategy and get like Rashford and Sterling or something like that.

Patchbeard

Players I now (knee-jerk) wish I hadn't started with:
McCarthy - Though to be fair not much choice at 4.5m GKs this year
TAA - Liverpool's defence looks leaky :p
Doherty - Kane looks shite
Soucek - Is a facilitator but was hoping for some returns in his easy fixture before the tough run of games
Son - Mourinho
Mitrovic - Wtf Scott Parker
Batman - To be fair shouldn't have expected him to start the first game

So I could wildcard, but that would probably be a massive knee jerk. I have Martial already and saved 1.0m in the bank to be able to swap Salah/Auba + Son for Sterling/KDB + Bruno after GW1 or 2. Seems like a lot of people have the same idea...might need to bite the bullet now though before Bruno and KDB's prices rise.

RedMist99

While I've had a solid but unspectacular start, it gives me heart seeing players ruing their initial squad selection and wildcarding so early. Pretty happy with my team and will play the patient game. No early must have value risers have appeared yet either

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Was going to change Salah, Vardy and Son to DeBruyne, Fernandes and Martial but I think am going to stick with them considering the start they had. Might get rid of Son but who to bring in instead..
Rashford will have better season than Son. But there is 0.5 difference though...

Deery

Dreary
Defence? That worked for me. There are really excellent bargains there. Dallas, Vinagre, Taylor...
I have James, Trent and Digne as my starting defence could do a James to Dallas I suppose depending on how tonight goes..

SteveTheRed

Tyrick Mitchell will be a good pick at 4.0m, assuming the Palace defenders are out for awhile. He looked good against Southampton, and was getting high up the pitch.

ZlatIsBak

I plan to do the exact same transfers. Was hoping to not transfer this week and do the double change next week but I think I'll be priced out.

I wouldn't get rid of Auba against the worst team in the league so far (West Ham). I'm captaining him.

If I get priced out of my move, I'll just re-adjust my strategy and get like Rashford and Sterling or something like that.

Nobody has mentioned Augero.........Thoughts??

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Can you have two accounts? I mean, i know that i can't but my 1y old daughter would love to play FF. :)
If i make her account is it legit?

Sarni

McCarthy / Nyland
Digne / Tierney / Taylor / Dallas / Mitchell
Auba / KDB / Fernandes / J. Rodriguez / Grealish
Wilson / DCL / Davis

With 0.5m in the bank. Don't feel particularly good about that team though, something seems off (no it's not the lack of Liverpool players). Midfield is fine, defence is shaky, attack is boring.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
McCarthy / Nyland
Digne / Tierney / Taylor / Dallas / Mitchell
Auba / KDB / Fernandes / J. Rodriguez / Grealish
Wilson / DCL / Davis

With 0.5m in the bank. Don't feel particularly good about that team though, something seems off (no it's not the lack of Liverpool players). Midfield is fine, defence is shaky, attack is boring.
Is that a wildcard?