g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 20/21

saivet

24 points with Ramsdale, Coady, Lamptey and Kane to play. Everyone had blanked apart from Auba.

Not a good start but will give them another week and make a double transfer if it's still not looking good.

Paul_Scholes18

Justin on my bloody bench :(. Two chances to get him on tomorrow.
Always annoying with your top 2 performer is on the bench.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm giving him another week too. I'm thinking Foden at 6.5 might be worth the upgrade if Pep starts him regularly.
That's a decent shout. I've kept 0.5m spare, ideally to do Ings to Martial, but could jump on Foden instead.

It always takes 2-3 weeks for everything to become clearer.

Chelsea could be a huge source of points in that mid to higher range midfielder. Pulisic or Havertz. No idea yet.
Arsenal attacking mids. Will Willian start a lot with Pepe, Saka, and others to compete with.

You certainly can't fit in all of Salah/Auba/De Bruyne/Bruno/Chelsea choice, so will be a real timing issue to be on the right choices at the right time :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Excellent. Thought any chance of a bonus might have disappeared with this yellow card.
Fantasy footy highs and lows mate.

I was cursing Saliba not starting, when Arsenal cruised to an easy cleanie.
Then Justin ends up coming in for a minimum of an 8, hopefully that bonus stays for a 9 :)

Paul_Scholes18

Who you relying on non starting to get him in?
Vinagre or Werner. Vinagre might not play so hoping mostly on him. The news with him was very tricky if he would start or not.
You always have one draft that works better than your actual side. My late draft had C Wilson, Justin, Van Dijk in them all starting.
I like 4 man defenses, but not to double up on teams so I abandoned it since I already had TAA and was not sure about any other premium defender.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Ok, you're stretching with that :lol:
No I rather he do not play. If he does I hope he can do better.
I rated his attacking potential as higher than Justins before the game as a wingback.
So we will see. Might be 1 point or something like that in the end.

My best point from the bench ever is 9 I think so Justin might get that with bonus.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Castagne looks awesome.

edit: time to remove trent?
I think i remember he started with a few goals conceded last year and still went on to be absolute must have fare.

That's the risk - take him out and watch them drill someone 4-0 with him scoring, and you're risking a 15point hit.

Neo_Mufc

I think i remember he started with a few goals conceded last year and still went on to be absolute must have fare.

That's the risk - take him out and watch them drill someone 4-0 with him scoring, and you're risking a 15point hit.
Next 2 games are Arsenal and Chelsea I don't think they will haul.

The 2mil freed up is so much money.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You're going wildcard after 1 GW? Knee-jerking at its finest right there.
It’s not like it’s the holy grail! You get it again during the season. It’s better to make changes early when you can see that you may have gotten things wrong, rather than wait until you are 100+ points behind to change things.

IrishRedDevil

Really think I need to find the 0.5 needed for Mitrovic to Wilson.

Newcastle are a much better team and I fancy Wilson to get 15 goals.

Dan_F

It’s not like it’s the holy grail! You get it again during the season. It’s better to make changes early when you can see that you may have gotten things wrong, rather than wait until you are 100+ points behind to change things.
Disagree. It’s one week. I’d assume your making your decision off the back of not having Salah. He’s scored 2 pens against a promoted team, with a suspect defence. It’s not going to happen every week.

I’d wait for at least 3/4 weeks. A lot of the £4 million point scoring players seem like they are covering injuries and won’t be in their teams soon. Plus the transfer window isn’t even closed yet.

Maluco

I got 34 with Havertz, Son, Maupay and Davies to play and pretty happy with that to be honest. Any gameweek where I go above 50 is good. I don’t know why everyone has expectation to score 100 every week.
Yeah, I just feel like I have gotten the balance wrong after watching the first games. It could change, but it just doesn’t feel right. Of course Liverpool could look great and not concedr at all over next 3-4 games, but on reflection, it’s probably not likely that their defenders will haul like last year. I would prefer Salah as Liverpool rep.

Southampton also could improve, it’s just one game, but they looked like they had no ideas and were far too open when they lost possession.

So that’s five changes already, and then it enables to me to bring in Martial too, so I think it’s worth doing now.

Paul_Scholes18

Apart from Salah and Auba noone looks good or impressed in my team apart from Justin on my bench. Not sure what to do with transfers.
Probably hold it another week and then do things before I might wildcard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I usually wildcard often, but weeks 3-4 weeks in maybe.
Often decent doing it over an international break to try and cash in the rises.

If you do it for week 2 - what have we learnt so far? Not nearly enough I'd say.
You want to know who those gems are, the cheap playing defenders, the midfielders who will score/assist who you'd overlooked.

The palace guy Mitchell got a cleany at 4.0, but he'll be out fairly soon. It's unclear when Ferguson is back as he'll start at 4m.

Leeds are worth another look or 2 before deciding which of their boys could be useful. The guy who scored their first goal is a watchlist job, but also Costa as he looks a bit like a Saint Maxim threat.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Apart from Salah and Auba noone looks good or impressed in my team apart from Justin on my bench. Not sure what to do with transfers.
Probably hold it another week and then do things before I might wildcard.
Similar.
Ings and Antonio - nothing.
Saint Maximim, Pereira and Soucek - nothing

Got to give at least 4 of these a chance second week though.

But i'll do Ings to Martial for next week - definitely want a United forward for that one.

Paul_Scholes18

Similar.
Ings and Antonio - nothing.
Saint Maximim, Pereira and Soucek - nothing

Got to give at least 4 of these a chance second week though.

But i'll do Ings to Martial for next week - definitely want a United forward for that one.
I am tempted with Werner to Martial, but might hold it.
I might sell Son, but then I need a hit to get Bruno or Rashford.
Not fully sure about Greenwood right now.

Maluco

Disagree. It’s one week. I’d assume your making your decision off the back of not having Salah. He’s scored 2 pens against a promoted team, with a suspect defence. It’s not going to happen every week.

I’d wait for at least 3/4 weeks. A lot of the £4 million point scoring players seem like they are covering injuries and won’t be in their teams soon. Plus the transfer window isn’t even closed yet.
I think it’s worth the gamble given what I have, and what I could have. I would feel very confident on most players starting even with potential transfers with the team I have built second time around. It just feels better.

Obviously I am bound to get some of the calls wrong, but it definitely feels more of a sure thing than what I had. I don’t think it’s kneejerk. It’s playing my hand early so I can avoid going too far behind early on

I usually wildcard often, but weeks 3-4 weeks in maybe.
Often decent doing it over an international break to try and cash in the rises.

If you do it for week 2 - what have we learnt so far? Not nearly enough I'd say.
You want to know who those gems are, the cheap playing defenders, the midfielders who will score/assist who you'd overlooked.

The palace guy Mitchell got a cleany at 4.0, but he'll be out fairly soon. It's unclear when Ferguson is back as he'll start at 4m.

Leeds are worth another look or 2 before deciding which of their boys could be useful. The guy who scored their first goal is a watchlist job, but also Costa as he looks a bit like a Saint Maxim threat.
Yeah, this way I will miss out on some gems emerging, but I am hoping with the next team, I have enough reliable quality to be able to use my normal transfers to swap in one or two to compliment the side as time goes on.

It looks more reliable than what I had before and haven’t changed it since I did it. It definitely feels better than what I had, and like I said above, I think it’s worth the risk to avoid dropping early.

Nickosaur

Think I'll take Ings out for Martial for next gameweek.
Then need to consider how I get KDB in the team...

Rooney1987

James Rodriguez at 7.5 gonna end up in a lot of teams very soon. Even though he needs more fitness he looks a class above.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have 3 Spurs players. fecking bottlers. I must think again about Kane. In this team and setup i doubt thst he will bang goals

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
James Rodriguez at 7.5 gonna end up in a lot of teams very soon. Even though he needs more fitness he looks a class above.
Didn't see him as much more than Grealish, who will be with Watkins too. 7m for him may be better value.

hubbuh

What do people think about Son? Or Spurs players in general? They looked totally insipid today.

Leonzo1

75 so far including potential bonuses, Still got Eagan to play. The Salah captain points sure helped a lot but feeling pretty comfortable with my team so far.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would have had a terrific 80ish points if I captained salah :(