Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
There's one way to fit those priorities in. Which is basically having a 4.2m Davis Villa striker facilitator, and Johnstone/Forster combo in defence.
Keeps Stones.

But the problem is with Kane/Son/Stones and Davis, I'd be down to 10 next week.
Could do a transfer out of one, but then you're wasting it putting Son or Kane back in, and if it's Stones, you'd just start with someone else anyway.

I think realistically it's a decision about TAA or Jota. Taking one out means you can get 4m Phillips in to squeeze funds out elsewhere.

Jota out (6.9) means you can have Jorginho at 4.7m as 5th mid, keep Watkins etc
I didnt mean all of them, just the priority.

Now that we're safe, I'm going to look at the 'Cheap goalies/big names' WC (patent BKTWR)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Looks good. Brighton keeper is a good angle who I'd forgotten about as he's not played most of the season. Though they have some dodgy fixtures!

No Shaw or City defender is probably the big flaw.
I wonder if Shaw + 4.4m defender is better bet than Coufal & Coady?

I know Wolves have a great run of fixtures though over the next 4, but Shaw has suddenly become an attacking beast.
They are all options I played with. Still not entirely happy with that team but I'm struggling to rejig it to find anything I prefer.

Re City defenders, I'm sick of Pep roulette so I've decided to get rid of them all. I had Dias and Cancelo previously.

I've just tried your Shaw suggestion but it leaves me with 4.1m, not 4.4m.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They are all options I played with. Still not entirely happy with that team but I'm struggling to rejig it to find anything I prefer.

Re City defenders, I'm sick of Pep roulette so I've decided to get rid of them all. I had Dias and Cancelo previously.

I've just tried your Shaw suggestion but it leaves me with 4.1m, not 4.4m.
I spent ages re-editing my jabber, but I got the jist over :)

The irritating thing with the TAA-Jota-Salah thing is that we can't have Phillips is who is the only playing 4m man.
So you're a bit unlucky with the values conspiring.
However, Coady has a hell of a run, and Coufal bagged a couple of assists in a firing team recently, so who knows, they could outscore my Shaw and Stones playign 50% of the games.
The thing with Stones, is that while he probably won't start as many games as Dias, he pops up with goals fairly regularly.
So as long as the other 3 defenders play each week, he can be covered.

Would lose 0.4m on Dias, but value stops becoming a thing when you're 7 weeks from the end and have used your chips I think.

Paul_Scholes18

The irritating thing with the TAA-Jota-Salah thing is that we can't have Phillips is who is the only playing 4m man.
However, Coady has a hell of a run, and Coufal bagged a couple of assists in a firing team recently, so who knows, they could outscore my Shaw and Stones playign 50% of the games.
The thing with Stones, is that while he probably won't start as many games as Dias, he pops up with goals fairly regularly.

Would lose 0.4m on Dias, but value stops becoming a thing when you're 7 weeks from the end and have used your chips I think.
yeah I picked Phillips and Jota and regret it and want TAA. Need to sell one of them to get him or Salah.

I think Phillips is a good pick though although TAA offer more in attack, but is 3.4 more expensive.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm going through the same dilemmas with my wildcard. Currently on this:

GKP: Sánchez (Forster)
DEF: Alexander-Arnold, Coufal, Coady (Holding) (Alioski)
MID: Jota, Lingard, Salah, Fernandes, Son
FWD: Kane, Iheanacho (Davis)

Problem is I've still got my bench boost, but as ever I'm being drawn to a strong XI at the expense of a weak bench.
I'd almost forgotten that keeping Stones, meant that with 2 Tottenham, and Davis, that I'd be down to 10 next week! Doh.

I think I'll need to use your Coady tip. 2 strong fixtures, versus Stones every chance of not playing this week, and then the blank.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

I was very tempted by Phillips instead of TAA, but my ML rival has him and doesn't have TAA. It's one of the few differentials I'm hoping to catch him with.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I didnt mean all of them, just the priority.

Now that we're safe, I'm going to look at the 'Cheap goalies/big names' WC (patent BKTWR)
Ok, final thoughts for tonight then. What do you reckon :)

Johnstone* Forster
TAA Shaw Coady Holding Alioski**
Salah Bruno Son Jota Lingard
Kane Nacho Davis

*Could become Sanchez
**Could become Ayling/Mausaku/Lowton

0.3m in the bank.
Realised there was no point keeping Stones benched, as with 2 Tott not playing next week and Davis a 1 point malone would be a 10 man team

Pros
Superb mid 5, in form front 2, TAA/Shaw, and playing 15

Cons
No Chelsea
No City
Lloris realistically out of range for his double

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was very tempted by Phillips instead of TAA, but my ML rival has him and doesn't have TAA. It's one of the few differentials I'm hoping to catch him with.
TAA is the power move and takes a lot of moving in.
He's been averaging double digits the last 3 games. Phillips will max out at 6 realistically.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I have De Bruyne for the last few weeks as I think he has potential to be a great difference compared to other teams (no one else in my ML top 10 has him), but I think it may be time to move him on unfortunately. De Bruyne and a 4.5 striker to Son and Iheanacho seems to be the obvious move right?

Would rather keep De Bruyne if I could, but I think the above is the sensible thing to do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Forster 3.9 goalie chump

Shaw TAA Philips Dallas Stones

Gundo Bruno Salah Son Lingard

Kane Iheanacho Callum-Robinson .... £103.7m

Soucek for Gundo makes it £103.1m.

If you're flush, Maupay for C-R.

@Sandikan
2 City and 2 Totty would mean a definite transfer needed next week is one thing.
And very vulnerable if Forster loses his place, as you're keeperless.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have De Bruyne for the last few weeks as I think he has potential to be a great difference compared to other teams (no one else in my ML top 10 has him), but I think it may be time to move him on unfortunately. De Bruyne and a 4.5 striker to Son and Iheanacho seems to be the obvious move right?

Would rather keep De Bruyne if I could, but I think the above is the sensible thing to do.
I think those 2 are essential this week pal.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I think those 2 are essential this week pal.
Yeah I think you're right. Pity, since it just makes my team even more similar to my rival. But I'm ahead of him, so it's not such a bad thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I think you're right. Pity, since it just makes my team even more similar to my rival. But I'm ahead of him, so it's not such a bad thing.
I'm finally shutting up shop on Lingard and Nacho.
And I look forward to seeing how others I'm against deal with the Son situation and TAA.

After a shocker last week, and just about holding onto my lead, it needed aggressive big hitting action this week :D

RashyForPM

Dallas owners: Are you guys starting him in the next two weeks against Pool and us?

Feels ridiculous not to after that City game but I don’t think I will. Just don’t see the point when I have 4 other defenders with ‘easier’ fixtures. Very tough decision though so my mind can easily be changed on this one.

podurban2

Dallas owners: Are you guys starting him in the next two weeks against Pool and us?

Feels ridiculous not to after that City game but I don’t think I will. Just don’t see the point when I have 4 other defenders with ‘easier’ fixtures. Very tough decision though so my mind can easily be changed on this one.
Didn’t start him against City and won’t do it against Liverpool or us. If Dallas got 2 points from Leeds and Fulham before the City game, I just don’t see how he magically becomes a 10+ point player in the two coming weeks.

RashyForPM

I think it’s time to get Gundogan out of our teams. He hasn’t started the last 3 PL games now and almost certainly won’t start the next two, with Villa away being sandwiched by Chelsea (FA Cup) and Spurs (Carabao Cup), and Palace away in between their semi finals against PSG. Price dropping fast too.

Moby

Dick
Who do you like keeper wise? Seems quite difficult to move from Mendy when you look how Martinez's fixtures have dropped, and uncertainty at starting keeper at United & Everton. City having a blank.
Martinez still manages to get points here and there through saves and bonus. He ended up with 4 despite conceding twice vs Liverpool. :lol: If I had a WC I'd probably had thought about changing but without one I'm riding him out till the end. Had him entire season and I won't be surprised if he pulls out a jammy clean sheet in one of the tougher games left. He's a God.

Chelsea conceding 5 last game was great. Hopefully their defense is torn to shreds a few times more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Martinez still manages to get points here and there through saves and bonus. He ended up with 4 despite conceding twice vs Liverpool. :lol: If I had a WC I'd probably had thought about changing but without one I'm riding him out till the end. Had him entire season and I won't be surprised if he pulls out a jammy clean sheet in one of the tougher games left. He's a God.

Chelsea conceding 5 last game was great. Hopefully their defense is torn to shreds a few times more.
Yeah the one sheepish sacrifice ive had to make to get an incredible mid 5, Kane, Nacho, Taa, shaw and playing cheap defenders is a cheapo keeper combo.
Johnstone and Forster.

I'm hoping big Sam magics some Brom cleanies from their tough run in.

Raredaredevil

Wait for next week's dgw announcement
Cheers. I swapped out Gündoğan for Son and made Son captain because of the double game-week. Not sure if this will be a good choice but I usually feel more at ease with double-game week player as captain as even if he blanks in one game, there is always another game for redemption. Was hoping to get Kane in but don't have enough money.

I still have my wildcard. I am wondering when I should use it as there are only 6 games left.
Have a look at your team, are they performing well, still getting good points.

Have a look at their fixture run, do they have easyish runins?

Are you missing a few inform players that you'd like to have?

If it's yes, yes, no (doubtful), stick. If not, WC. Personally (not a dig), no idea why people thinking of holding, I've wanted to for weeks and held off until post DGW (may have been right decision, maybe not). Did it last week and got 77 (bit of luck with subs) whereas old team would've got 39. I think I was being overly precious about players I'd had for ages "they'll come good".

Cheers. I swapped out Gündoğan for Son and made Son captain because of the double game-week. Not sure if this will be a good choice but I usually feel more at ease with double-game week player as captain as even if he blanks in one game, there is always another game for redemption. Was hoping to get Kane in but don't have enough money.
If want Kane, then why not WC?

What's your team, stick it up on here

RoyKeaneSaipan

Supports
Liverpool
Long time lurker here..

Tripled up on spurs and Liverpool, plan on tripling up on Liverpool till the end of the season, definitely going to make or break my mini league season.

Pool - Salah, Jota, TAA.
Spurs - Kane (c) , Son , Lucas Moura.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, last comments on this wildcard squad chaps? (Bencheroos in bracket)
Keeper and 5th defender my main debates. Would anyone change those to another option? 0.3m in the bank.

Johnstone (Forster)
TAA, Shaw, Coady (Holding, Alioski)
Salah, Bruno, Son, Jota, Lingard
Kane (c), Ichynacho, (Davis)

2 Tottenham and Davis to be benched next week to get me through the double, ideally without using another transfer, so I'm flexi for any doubles being scheduled etc

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Long time lurker here..

Tripled up on spurs and Liverpool, plan on tripling up on Liverpool till the end of the season, definitely going to make or break my mini league season.

Pool - Salah, Jota, TAA.
Same Pool combo. Powerful, and should cover all their attacking threat.

saivet

Thought about using my WC this week in response to a disappointing GW, but on paper, the team I'm looking to put out looks fine so I'll probably hang onto it at least a week longer and hope some news comes out about the DGW. I have a huge Auba problem, however I'm not sure about taking a hit for him this week as I'm not fully sure with Jota (or Liverpool in general) and I can just start Soucek instead this week.

Paul_Scholes18

Ok, last comments on this wildcard squad chaps? (Bencheroos in bracket)
Keeper and 5th defender my main debates. Would anyone change those to another option? 0.3m in the bank.

Johnstone (Forster)
TAA, Shaw, Coady (Holding, Alioski)
Salah, Bruno, Son, Jota, Lingard
Kane (c), Ichynacho, (Davis)

2 Tottenham and Davis to be benched next week to get me through the double, ideally without using another transfer, so I'm flexi for any doubles being scheduled etc
Sadikan who do you think is most essential in Shaw or TAA? I might keep Cresswell and get TAA for Phillips or do Cresswell to Shaw.

The big problem is those 3.4 million to do Phillips to TAA is going to make it a huge pain getting Bruno. Could go Rashford or Greenwood instead, but the pens is a huge factor.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Long time lurker here..

Pool - Salah, Jota, TAA.
I think that's smart. I'll have those 3 Liverpool players in 33 and probably the budget combo of Phillips, Salah, Jota in 36 till season ends.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I got Coady on the bench with a potential clean sheet... But which one of these would I drop?

Rudiger (Brighton)
Shaw (Burnley)
TAA (Leeds)

Salah (Leeds)
Jota (Leeds)
JLingz (Newcastle)
Bruno (Burnley)
Son (DGW)

Kane (DGW)
Ihenacho (West Brom

Paul_Scholes18

I am thinking maybe about doing Kane to Cavani rather than Son to Bruno for Leeds and beyond.

It feels risky going without the pens that Kane and Bruno got though, but Son and Cavani are good picks too.

RoyKeaneSaipan

Supports
Liverpool
I got Coady on the bench with a potential clean sheet... But which one of these would I drop?

Rudiger (Brighton)
Shaw (Burnley)
TAA (Leeds)

Salah (Leeds)
Jota (Leeds)
JLingz (Newcastle)
Bruno (Burnley)
Son (DGW)

Kane (DGW)
Ihenacho (West Brom
The ones you always think are banker clean sheets normally let you down. Maybe rudiger?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sadikan who do you think is most essential in Shaw or TAA? I might keep Cresswell and get TAA for Phillips or do Cresswell to Shaw.

The big problem is those 3.4 million to do Phillips to TAA is going to make it a huge pain getting Bruno. Could go Rashford or Greenwood instead, but the pens is a huge factor.
Shaw is quite important to United and has really come on as an attacking force this season. Being in the Europa complicates it a little, so he may be rested at some stage.

TAA has come into ferocious form this last 3 league games, Liverpool have one heck of a run in, and will have to go all out just for the league now.
I watched him midweek, and he's looking very dangerous again.

I really can't split them to be honest. I'd get both, but I think TAA has a higher ceiling with his set pieces, and will definitely start all games if fit.
Liverpool aren't scoring many is one concern though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Rudiger (Brighton)
Shaw (Burnley)
TAA (Leeds)

Salah (Leeds)
Jota (Leeds)
JLingz (Newcastle)
Bruno (Burnley)
Son (DGW)

Kane (DGW)
Ihenacho (West Brom
I think there's only 1 option even remotely up for discussion there - Rudiger.
Rotation may take him out anyway, but if you're not going to start Coady home to Sheff Utd, when are you going to play him!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am thinking maybe about doing Kane to Cavani rather than Son to Bruno for Leeds and beyond.

It feels risky going without the pens that Kane and Bruno got though, but Son and Cavani are good picks too.
Just remember that Kane has Sheff Utd in the week after the blank. You probably need to keep both for that one.