Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Right.

All of top 7 (45 points from 1st to 7th) have used their chips... last two this GW.

Goalies - a right mix.

Defenders - most have Phillips & 1 each from Chelski and Leicester. Mix after that but I'm only one without a United Def.

Mid - everyone has Salah and Bruno. Nearly everyone has Lingard. Everyone bar me has Jota, I have Greenwood :) . Mix after that (S'Ton, Leeds, Son).

Forwards - all have Kane, most have Ian Nacho, most of rest have Watkins/DCL.

Bit stacked on non players in there this week. Bit like me!
I think I'd look at Son & Dallas in for you.

Thinking similar myself, with maybe even a third transfer for a striker too, but will see what my lead is at close of play tomorrow.

On 48 at the moment, but nervous about him having Villa & Everton defence, that screams 0-0 to me.
That's his main threat, versus my Greenwood who could easily be benched.

My TAA/Shaw might be cancelled out by his Lindelof/Kabak (and if Kabak is still out, 2 points for Coufal). Both have Bruno & Salah.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Bit stacked on non players in there this week. Bit like me!
I think I'd look at Son & Dallas in for you.

Thinking similar myself, with maybe even a third transfer for a striker too, but will see what my lead is at close of play tomorrow.

On 48 at the moment, but nervous about him having Villa & Everton defence, that screams 0-0 to me.
That's his main threat, versus my Greenwood who could easily be benched.

My TAA/Shaw might be cancelled out by his Lindelof/Kabak (and if Kabak is still out, 2 points for Coufal). Both have Bruno & Salah.
I've got 9 (1-2-3-3) so need a defender and one other. Their opponents are all ok bar Coady (Spurs) so will probably keep all.... got one FT so -4 gets me XI.

Son would need me to tfr out someone worth a bit. I'm actually thinking of...... ...... ..... Bruno!!

Everton, Liverpool, Leeds and West Ham look the best options in terms of fixture difficulty (assuming Shitty rest players last game)?

Kabaks out?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I've been in the lead in my ML since GW3 and this bloody week has fecked me.

I had 13 players playing more than one game and my rival has the likes of Smith Rowe, Mitchell and Vydra on his team. His lack of planning helped him and now he's cut my 51 point lead to 27 :mad:

My best hope now is for Konsa :lol: or DCL to do something. I'm praying the latter brings his scoring boots.

The last three weeks will now be tense and the momentum he's built might just win it for him.

So bloody annoying.

I've been in the lead in my ML since GW3 and this bloody week has fecked me.

I had 13 players playing more than one game and my rival has the likes of Smith Rowe, Mitchell and Vydra on his team. His lack of planning helped him and now he's cut my 51 point lead to 27 :mad:

My best hope now is for Konsa :lol: or DCL to do something. I'm praying the latter brings his scoring boots.

The last three weeks will now be tense and the momentum he's built might just win it for him.

So bloody annoying.
Might have lucked out this week but those three are still shit so could be a handful of points next week. Keep the faith

RedDevil@84

Well, I ll take the Holding 6 pointer thank you.
I had Leno for weeks and he kept not getting selected. Now he plays, gets a cleany, 4 saves and 2 BPS. Hope Pickford is up for it tomorrow.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Might have lucked out this week but those three are still shit so could be a handful of points next week. Keep the faith
I'm hoping so.

My team for next week:

Martinez
Coufal, Konsa, Ward, TAA
Zaha, Salah, Jota, JLingz
Kane, DCL

Forster, Ihenacho, Shaw, Bruno

My transfer is Rudiger out to Coufal.

His team is:

Martinez
TAA, Mitchell, Coufal, Rudiger
Salah, Jota, Son, Smith Rowe
Kane, Vydra

Forster, Ihenacho, Shaw, Bruno

He has two transfers so I assume he'll get a starting 11.

Tense...

Last edited:

Swiss_Red89

Don't know if already mentioned or if it's the right place to put this info. But i just saw that the UEFA has launched it's own fantasy football for Euro2020.

If you download the official UEFA Euro 20 App you can already start to build your team. :-)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Went with Lingard over Holding and cost me 6 points.
But you can't legislate for Holding actually playing two games in a row and especially not clean sheeting at Chelsea.

No-one had Arsenal defence in my league and a rival had Lingard so no harm done. Would have been way more annoying to go the other way then Lingard scored.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've got 9 (1-2-3-3) so need a defender and one other. Their opponents are all ok bar Coady (Spurs) so will probably keep all.... got one FT so -4 gets me XI.

Son would need me to tfr out someone worth a bit. I'm actually thinking of...... ...... ..... Bruno!!

Everton, Liverpool, Leeds and West Ham look the best options in terms of fixture difficulty (assuming Shitty rest players last game)?

Kabaks out?
Heard whispers Kabak is still out tonight. He's not great either way.

Weighing up Bruno to Son too. He could easily 10 point or more so I think he's key to cover.
Not sure if I would gamble having no Bruno home to Fulham the game after though so may have to reverse it. Meaning not using the money difference on another transfer.
However, Bruno may well not play 90 week 38 with the final a few days after.

ROFLUTION

Went with Lingard over Holding and cost me 6 points.
But you can't legislate for Holding actually playing two games in a row and especially not clean sheeting at Chelsea.

No-one had Arsenal defence in my league and a rival had Lingard so no harm done. Would have been way more annoying to go the other way then Lingard scored.
I did exactly that haha. Played Holding over Lingard. I think Chelsea do a lot of safe games / boring 0-0s against bigger teams so of course you cant count on it, but its feasible for a "top" team (we'll be nice on Arsenal fans here) to keep a clean sheet against them

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I did exactly that haha. Played Holding over Lingard. I think Chelsea do a lot of safe games / boring 0-0s against bigger teams so of course you cant count on it, but its feasible for a "top" team (we'll be nice on Arsenal fans here) to keep a clean sheet against them
I've had bad Holding related luck whenever I've had him. From picking Saliva instead of him at the start to him having the habit of disappearing from favour without warning.
Just hope he keeps his place for the last two as he'll be useful

Dan_F

Best £8 million or below midfielder to replace Maddison? Not sure where all the good options have gone. It felt like midfield was stacked only a few game weeks ago.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Best £8 million or below midfielder to replace Maddison? Not sure where all the good options have gone. It felt like midfield was stacked only a few game weeks ago.
Its more difficult at this stage of the season as you need to IMO pick from teams that still have something to play for, chasing Europe etc.
And maybe avoid players that have nothing in the league to play for and want to stay fit for the Euros.

Lingard might be a good option though his form has dropped off. Next fixtures are Brighton, West Brom and Southampton.
If Jota doesnt play tonight id be looking at him, away to West Brom on Sunday. His form is choppy as well though.

Im probably gonna transfer in Son myself this weekend and maybe Calvert-Lewin if Everton win tonight. Or Jota instead.

saivet

99 points with 5 left to play (would have been 6 if not for Watkins), so it's been a good week for my BB however a few of my transfers (which were hits) didn't pay off. Castagne with 2 points and Zaha with 4 points in particular but my late transfer for Greenwood paid off nicely.

Using my WC and my team is currently:

Martinez
Struijk, Coufal, TAA, KWP, Lowton
Son, Salah
Antonio, DCL, Kane

Bench: Forster, Pereira, ESR, Bruno

Not sure I'm fully happy with the team and open to suggestions. We'll see how the games go tonight.

Dan_F

Its more difficult at this stage of the season as you need to IMO pick from teams that still have something to play for, chasing Europe etc.
And maybe avoid players that have nothing in the league to play for and want to stay fit for the Euros.

Lingard might be a good option though his form has dropped off. Next fixtures are Brighton, West Brom and Southampton.
If Jota doesnt play tonight id be looking at him, away to West Brom on Sunday. His form is choppy as well though.

Im probably gonna transfer in Son myself this weekend and maybe Calvert-Lewin if Everton win tonight. Or Jota instead.
I dislike Jota as a pick, and I feel like I’ve been proven right over the last few weeks. Already got Lingard too.

I could go boring and cover off the threat of Greenwood, as others in my mini league have him.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Bruno and Mo, score as many goals at Old Trafford as you possibly can. Also, a Villa clean sheet would be nice.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What do people think of Son v Wolves?

My rival has him, I instead have JLingz and Zaha that useless twat.

I can downgrade Bruno to Son but that doesn't seem wise as I won't be able to get Bruno back.

I can take a hit for Son but then he NEEDS to score just for me to break even.

Can Wolves keep him out?

Withnail

I can downgrade Bruno to Son but that doesn't seem wise as I won't be able to get Bruno back.

Can Wolves keep him out?
I wouldn't think so no. Wolves are on their hols already aren't they? Nothing to play for at all.

Dan_F

Can Wolves keep him out?
I’m tempted to move away from Bruno but it’ll probably just be for the last game of the season, unless I have bigger issues to deal with.

I have a feeling Ole will go relatively strong for Fulham and then a Leicester type team against Wolves. I wouldn’t want to lose Bruno before a game against an already relegated team.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I wouldn't think so no. Wolves are on their hols already aren't they? Nothing to play for at all.
I'm hoping Kane and Bale are the ones to benefit. Not Son. There's no way for me to get him without big compromises. Don't want the hit as the rival already cut 50 point lead to 29.

I’m tempted to move away from Bruno but it’ll probably just be for the last game of the season, unless I have bigger issues to deal with.

I have a feeling Ole will go relatively strong for Fulham and then a Leicester type team against Wolves. I wouldn’t want to lose Bruno before a game against an already relegated team.
Yeah if not for Fulham, I would have tossed Bruno but I can imagine him playing 90 against Fulham and then another 60 or so against Wolves.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Can Wolves keep him out?
Trying to skimp through on fewer than 11 or cover the potential high ceiling merchants is my key decision too.

First thought, which so often is the call I end up following, is Bruno to Son for free. Takes out one of the biggest risks of the week, as Son has double digited the last 3 weeks and I think 4 of the last 5 weeks? Whereas Bruno is dead weight in week 36.
(EDIT....Son "Only" got 7 last week...and 7 the other time, so not quite as many as I'd remembered)

I'll probably follow it up with one or both of Dallas & Antonio in too for -4 or -8. Both potential high ceiling merchants.
But only if it allows Bruno back in for free next week. And only if I can keep my 48 point current lead to 2nd that high/higher or no lower than 40.

Last edited:

Neo_Mufc

I need a massive performance from Cavani today I just hope he can nick a couple goals.

I also need the same from DCL but more from Cavani. If ever there was a time for me to get some luck it would be now. :lol:

RedDevil@84

I need a massive performance from Cavani today I just hope he can nick a couple goals.

I also need the same from DCL but more from Cavani. If ever there was a time for me to get some luck it would be now. :lol:
Greenwood hatrick coming up to rub salt into those Zaha owners

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Greenwood can outscore or at least equal Martinez and Godfrey i will be absolutely in raptures.
Thought he'd start but now thinking it's more likely Ole goes with Pog Rash and Cavani.

Trying to skimp through on fewer than 11 or cover the potential high ceiling merchants is my key decision too.

First thought, which so often is the call I end up following, is Bruno to Son for free. Takes out one of the biggest risks of the week, as Son has double digited the last 3 weeks and I think 4 of the last 5 weeks? Whereas Bruno is dead weight in week 36.
(EDIT....Son "Only" got 7 last week...and 7 the other time, so not quite as many as I'd remembered)

I'll probably follow it up with one or both of Dallas & Antonio in too for -4 or -8. Both potential high ceiling merchants.
But only if it allows Bruno back in for free next week. And only if I can keep my 48 point current lead to 2nd that high/higher or no lower than 40.
I'm thinking Bruno out as it gives me cash but not sure I'd def put him back. Before Villa, he went 3 2 2 5 3

Blank week and possible rotation/rest

Dan_F

Don’t start talking like this. I don’t even have Zaha and I want Greenwood on the bench. My mate has him as captain, so I need Bruno to take those points back that he gained on Tuesday.