Fantasy Premier League 20/21

RedMist99

Looks nice, maybe a little top heavy.

I've managed to get in Salah, Kev, Bruno and Aubameyang, but am playing with just 1 striker...
I've been thinking about playing 1 striker too as the options are so limited. Pretty bloody happy with the resulting team. Only downside is the weakest bench I've ever fielded in fantasy football. But the bench doesn't get points and I'm always frustrated when someone I've left out of the line up scores 16 points!

My new line up is

Pope

TAA / Walker Peters / Dallas / Vinagre

Traore / Salah / Bruno / KDB / Mount

Martial

Defence is nothing to shout about but Pope and TAA are elite players so going with that.

Thoughts?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Why are so many people going with Mitrovic when he's so going to struggle with the EPL defences?. One does not understand this :confused:

Patchbeard

Why are so many people going with Mitrovic when he's so going to struggle with the EPL defences?. One does not understand this :confused:
He did score 11 two seasons ago in the Premier League to be fair, and then 26 in the Championship last season which is 40% of Fulham's goals. Plus 23 goals in his last 22 internationals. He definitely seems the best pick at the 6.0m mark, the alternatives at that price range are mostly garbage. There doesn't seem to be any guaranteed starting goalscorers until you reach Ings or Jimenez at 8.5m in my view, so I would have to downgrade considerably elsewhere to get one of those guys in for Mitrovic.

My current template is:

McCarthy, 4.0 keeper
TAA, R.James, Vinagre, Pieters, 4.0 defender
Auba, Sterling, Bruno, Greenwood, Soucek
Martial
, Mitrovic, 4.5 striker

So would intend to bench one of Pieters/Soucek/Mitrovic depending on fixtures.

The bolded ones are players I think I'm fixed on unless they pick up an injury or move to Barcelona, the non-bolded I'm not sure on, and if we sign Sancho then Greenwood definitely needs replacing but not sure who with.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I can't believe I'm seeing so many teams without either one of Mane or Salah. Liverpool are the best team in the league and Salah is a selfish cnut. Makes sense no?

My team is now:

McCarthy - Best 4.5 keeper

TAA - First player on the team sheet
Taylor - Cheapest way into Burnley's defence
Vinagre - 4.5 starter for Wolves for a while. Great value

KDB - Assist king and scores
Salah - Greedy selfish cnut that always gets 20+ goals
Bruno - Set-piece and penalty taker and all of our play comes through him
Pereira - The £6m enabler. West Broms best player and is capable of getting a good amount of assists and a few goals.

Mitrovic - Best striker at the £6m range.
Werner - I always take one risk, this year it's this guy. Should be on pens too.
Woods - Probably the most nailed on of the £6.5 strikers. Not ideal but allows me to have a better all round team.

Subs: Nyland, Dallas, Ferguson, Stephens (Apart from Nyland, these all should play)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because he's scored about 25 this season, is fairly cheap amongst some poor options, with midfield seemingly where the money will be spent, and will surely score most of their goals?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't believe I'm seeing so many teams without either one of Mane or Salah. Liverpool are the best team in the league and Salah is a selfish cnut. Makes sense no?

My team is now:

McCarthy - Best 4.5 keeper

TAA - First player on the team sheet
Taylor - Cheapest way into Burnley's defence
Vinagre - 4.5 starter for Wolves for a while. Great value

KDB - Assist king and scores
Salah - Greedy selfish cnut that always gets 20+ goals
Bruno - Set-piece and penalty taker and all of our play comes through him
Pereira - The £6m enabler. West Broms best player and is capable of getting a good amount of assists and a few goals.

Mitrovic - Best striker at the £6m range.
Werner - I always take one risk, this year it's this guy. Should be on pens too.
Woods - Probably the most nailed on of the £6.5 strikers. Not ideal but allows me to have a better all round team.

Subs: Nyland, Dallas, Ferguson, Stephens (Apart from Nyland, these all should play)
Fairly similar thinking to mine there pal.

Just I've gone Martial up front, and have Soucek instead of Pereira.

And for now have Egan and Doc in there, but very much keeping an eye on Vinagre who is indeed supreme value.

Trimming one of those down would allow me to upgrade a non starting 4m defender, or even boost the keepers up a bit

Agree on it being madness to go no Salah/Mane.
Although for one thing with no Manchester club in week 1, no doubt people will end up starting with one

Salah has massively reduced his output from year 1 to 2 to 3, but still had over 200 points last year, and like someone mentioned, Milner won't be about to steal his pens as much.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Fairly similar thinking to mine there pal.

Just I've gone Martial up front, and have Soucek instead of Pereira.

And for now have Egan and Doc in there, but very much keeping an eye on Vinagre who is indeed supreme value.

Trimming one of those down would allow me to upgrade a non starting 4m defender, or even boost the keepers up a bit

Agree on it being madness to go no Salah/Mane.
Although for one thing with no Manchester club in week 1, no doubt people will end up starting with one

Salah has massively reduced his output from year 1 to 2 to 3, but still had over 200 points last year, and like someone mentioned, Milner won't be about to steal his pens as much.
Just keep an eye on Henderson before deciding on Egan, as Henderson was quite crucial to the CSs Sheffield had last season.

Also, have a look at Basham. I know Egan had those weeks when he scored two goals but those were his ONLY goals in the season and isn't something he may do often. Basham tends to play far higher up the pitch generally.

Just realised Antonio is 6.5. Woods is coming out of my team!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Because he's scored about 25 this season, is fairly cheap amongst some poor options, with midfield seemingly where the money will be spent, and will surely score most of their goals?
Same was said last time they came up and he ended up scoring fewer than his countryman Milivojevic that season. Can understand why people aren't sold on him.

But yeah, he's the best option at 6m. Think the likes of Antonio and Wood are better though if you can afford to fork out the .5 extra.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just keep an eye on Henderson before deciding on Egan, as Henderson was quite crucial to the CSs Sheffield had last season.

Also, have a look at Basham. I know Egan had those weeks when he scored two goals but those were his ONLY goals in the season and isn't something he may do often. Basham tends to play far higher up the pitch generally.

Just realised Antonio is 6.5. Woods is coming out of my team!
We've done each other a favour so far, I've taken Doc and a non playing 4m out, and snuck in your Burnley and Vinegar for now. Chucked the Burnley keeper in too.

I have Bruno, Martial and De Bruyne though - and none play for 2 game weeks I think? (Certain for 1) so will have to switch at least 2 out to start with

edit - just noticed i never mentioned I had Antonio - so can't say you took my advice there :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same was said last time they came up and he ended up scoring fewer than his countryman Milivojevic that season. Can understand why people aren't sold on him.

But yeah, he's the best option at 6m. Think the likes of Antonio and Wood are better though if you can afford to fork out the .5 extra.
There is a decent school of thought to just have Villa's crappy 4.5m as a facilitator for 3rd striker and boost other areas.

I'm not usually a fan of having a player who isn't a starter in there as we all know how injuries can suddenly catch us out. But it's an option.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ramsdale, the Bournemouth GK, is having a medical today at Sheff Utd apparently. Henderson looks like hes staying with us.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Draft #56 (4-4-2)

Ryan / Button

Doherty / TAA / VVD / Dallas / (Ferguson)

KDB / Bruno / Ziyech / Grealish / (Stevens)

Ings / Jimenez / (Wickham)

Fixtures out tomorrow morning. Then we get serious.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Draft #56 (4-4-2)

Ryan / Button

Doherty / TAA / VVD / Dallas / (Ferguson)

KDB / Bruno / Ziyech / Grealish / (Stevens)

Ings / Jimenez / (Wickham)

Fixtures out tomorrow morning. Then we get serious.
Ah good - was expecting Friday but maybe that's just championship and down.

Then we see City/United and maybe Chelsea don't play for a bit and everyone has to redo their teams!!

IrishRedDevil

First draft

—————————Ryan
——-TAA - Vinagre - Taylor - Egan
De Bruyne - Salah - Fernandes - Pulisic
——————-Ings - Mitrovic

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
First draft

—————————Ryan
——-TAA - Vinagre - Taylor - Egan
De Bruyne - Salah - Fernandes - Pulisic
——————-Ings - Mitrovic
I could see Ings being one of those players that does great one season then completely drops off the next. Just a hunch though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pope
Doherty Maguire Digne
Greenwood Saint-Maximin Soucek KDB Son
Ings Martial

Ryan Tierney Maupay Salisu

Only 157 more squad changes, and 13 more attempts at getting my kit just right, and i'm ready to go!​
Interesting team. Not much point having Ryan as second keeper in my opinion. Be better off saving that .5

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Looking at 6m strikers.. Doesn't instil much hope. Doherty at 6m in defence to out point the strikers ?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Fixtures out tomorrow morning. Utd n City expected to miss first gameweek and play their first league games in the following weekend when the rest play their 2nd games.

That will definitely cause chaos in FPL.

KDB out and Auba in for gameweek 1 will be a popular transfer I reckon.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Interesting team. Not much point having Ryan as second keeper in my opinion. Be better off saving that .5
Nah happy with Ryan @ 4.5. I like to have a guaranteed starter who doesn't concede many on the bench in case my No.1 is absent.

Early days yeah, but so far 28.2% have selected him, and I doubt many have him as their no.1, or maybe they do.

RedMist99

If you leave United and City players in your squad despite them starting a week or so later, will you benefit from the rush of people signing them in the following week in terms of value increases?

It's not like those games aren't going to get played at some point so could be a valid tactic? Or does form play a bigger role than number of managers selecting a player?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If you leave United and City players in your squad despite them starting a week or so later, will you benefit from the rush of people signing them in the following week in terms of value increases?

It's not like those games aren't going to get played at some point so could be a valid tactic? Or does form play a bigger role than number of managers selecting a player?
Chelsea and Wolves have been given a 2 day late start now. Wonder if us and City will play them? Will still be gw1 if so.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Wood a bit streaky. Did he out score Doherty last season ? Not hugely confident in Mitrovic if I seriously look at it. Antonio showed promise though for sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fixtures have four asterixed games now
Us and City start late but also Chelsea and Wolves may.

So that's 4 separate games potentially off.
We play Burnley so that might change keeper plans etc.

Quite a tough logistical one like never before.

No-one wants to be wildcarding week two

RedMist99

Fixtures have four asterixed games now
Us and City start late but also Chelsea and Wolves may.

So that's 4 separate games potentially off.
We play Burnley so that might change keeper plans etc.

Quite a tough logistical one like never before.

No-one wants to be wildcarding week two
This is why I'm considering just leaving my team as planned before fixtures were announced. Don't want to wildcard or spend loads of points on transfers getting back to my original selection.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Nah happy with Ryan @ 4.5. I like to have a guaranteed starter who doesn't concede many on the bench in case my No.1 is absent.

Early days yeah, but so far 28.2% have selected him, and I doubt many have him as their no.1, or maybe they do.
Get the second keeper from the team you have the first keeper

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is why I'm considering just leaving my team as planned before fixtures were announced. Don't want to wildcard or spend loads of points on transfers getting back to my original selection.
The best bet seems to be going in with a bare 11 and having bench guys who play the next week.
And do one transfer only to switch a big hitter over .
Eg Mane or Auba for week 1 as a placeholder for a De Bruyne or Bruno

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
United v Burnley and City v Villa won't be on GW1 then.

The Chelsea and Wolves games are still in GW1.

Liverpool opening three games are:
Leeds home
Chelsea away
Arsenal home

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
An early wildcard in gw 2 or gw 3 will be incredibly popular. The draft I have now for gw1 im not happy with for longer than first 2 weeks.

Those fixtures and the postponements have put a spanner in the works for sure.

coolredwine

lameredboots
He's a trap.

Find 0.5 from somewhere and Wood and Antonio are automatic upgrades.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So they’ve released the fixtures and not told us what’s going on? :houllier:

Surely they know at this point.

RedMist99

So for the first few weeks, i'm looking at:

Pope -> Alisson
De Bruyne - Auba
Bruno -> Ziyech
Martial -> Ings

After game week one, bring back in Bruno an Martial for Auba and Ings, taking a 4 point hit.

The following week, bringing Pope and KDB back in for another 4 point hit.

The alternative is to do it all in on fell swoop and have my desired team assembled earlier with a 12 point hit. The start to this season is a real headache.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So for the first few weeks, i'm looking at:

Pope -> Alisson
De Bruyne - Auba
Bruno -> Ziyech
Martial -> Ings

After game week one, bring back in Bruno an Martial for Auba and Ings, taking a 4 point hit.

The following week, bringing Pope and KDB back in for another 4 point hit.

The alternative is to do it all in on fell swoop and have my desired team assembled earlier with a 12 point hit. The start to this season is a real headache.
Does it not make sense to just have a couple you want on the bench for week one?
Though if us and City miss two weeks it's a different story. We need to know for certain who definitely misses weeks first though. Talk Wolves and Chelsea might too

RedMist99

Does it not make sense to just have a couple you want on the bench for week one?
Though if us and City miss two weeks it's a different story. We need to know for certain who definitely misses weeks first though. Talk Wolves and Chelsea might too
My squad has been compiled with absolutely zero catering for the bench. My starting 11 is hench!