Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Wolverine

Pope, Martin
AWB, TAA, Ake, R. James, Bernando
Foden, KDB, Greenwood, Salah, Saint-Maximin
Martial, Antonio, C. Wickham

First draft

diarm

City players back in week 1 then. That makes things more complicated.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City players back in week 1 then. That makes things more complicated.
Reading this, I think they still might miss the first game week?

It says reaching the final would see a team missing 2 game weeks, so it makes sense that a week before means still 1 game week?

Sounds like Chelsea may even be in the mix to miss a week.

Sounds a right minefield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53651865

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Am I missing something. Even if Utd get to the final, they'll have 3 weeks off before the league starts again. Isn't that enough.

diarm

Reading this, I think they still might miss the first game week?

It says reaching the final would see a team missing 2 game weeks, so it makes sense that a week before means still 1 game week?

Sounds like Chelsea may even be in the mix to miss a week.

Sounds a right minefield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53651865
Yeah I think you're right.

My United head wants us to take every available hour of break we can muster before starting our season while my FPL head is already thinking about early double gameweeks!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Tried making a balanced team with useful subs:

Pope
TAA, Doherty, Dallas
KDB, Salah, Ziyech, Zaha (if he moves from CP, or else will be someone else at 7 like Maddison)
Bamford, Martial, Mitrovic

Subs: Nyland, Bednarek, Furlong, Stephens

Not certain on Ziyech though... Can bring in Fernandes if I drop the the 2 defender subs to 4.0s and swap Zaha for Moutinho...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Am I missing something. Even if Utd get to the final, they'll have 3 weeks off before the league starts again. Isn't that enough.
Will tell you after a few games back into the league and again in May. Right now we don't know.

Scousers have had their feet up for 3 weeks already. They will no doubt be the favs again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you go for the KDB / Bruno option you are guaranteed to have a home captain all season. Very tempted personally.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Seems a bit harder for me to build a team this year. As always I am avoiding extremely expensive players at the beginning, the only one where I find value is maybe Sterling but I’ll think about it. I think Rashford being counted as a midfielder may prove to be good value. The likes of Ziyech and Werner are tempting but you never know with newcomers from other leagues.

Sarni

My initial team:

Ryan / Button
TAA / Dallas / Ferguson / Walker-Peters / Vinagre
KDB / Fernandes / Ziyech / Pulisic / Soucek
Jimenez / Martial / Bamford

Not too convinced with Fernandes at 10.5 though, may swap him for Salah and turn Ziyech into something cheaper. Newcomers are always super tricky.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
If you go for the KDB / Bruno option you are guaranteed to have a home captain all season. Very tempted personally.
How do you know this?

My first draft (before fixture announcement):

GK
Ryan/McCarthy
DEF
Alexander-Arnold/Shaw/Vinagre + Lamptney/Ferguson
MID
Bruno/DeBruyne/Aubameyang/Saint-Maximin + Stephens
ST
Martial/Mitrovic/Wood

My plan is to have 15 players guaranteed to play most of the games. I reckon you can rotate between Wood, Mitrovic and Lamptney depending on fixtures. It remains to be seen if Nathan Ferguson becomes a starter for Crystal Palace. Not any good option for a 4.0 defender or 4.5 midfielder, is there?

JakeTheRed

My initial team:

Ryan / Button
TAA / Dallas / Ferguson / Walker-Peters / Vinagre
KDB / Fernandes / Ziyech / Pulisic / Soucek
Jimenez / Martial / Bamford

Not too convinced with Fernandes at 10.5 though, may swap him for Salah and turn Ziyech into something cheaper. Newcomers are always super tricky.
Fernandes had the best PPG over every other regular-playing player this season (albeit, he only played since Jan). More so than de Bruyne. For a player that is 1m cheaper, plays in a more advanced role most of the time, with the attacking talent infront of him, Bruno, for me (along with TAA), is the first name on my team sheet.

A lot of people have got Ziyech in. I agree with you & in my experience, it usually doesn't work out bringing a shiny new toy signing straight away. If Pulisic isn't injured when the season starts, he's a much safer bet at only 0.5m more. Like you mentioned, I believe Salah is also pretty much nailed on to be in my team. There's certain players you can't risk not having, like Salah, because everyone else will have him and if he hits the ground running (which he probably will), you end up falling behind everyone else.

After looking at your team, maybe it would be worth downgrading Jiminez/Martial, and upgrading Ziyech to Salah, and playing a 3-5-2?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How do you know this?

My first draft (before fixture announcement):

GK
Ryan/McCarthy
DEF
Alexander-Arnold/Shaw/Vinagre + Lamptney/Ferguson
MID
Bruno/DeBruyne/Aubameyang/Saint-Maximin + Stephens
ST
Martial/Mitrovic/Wood

My plan is to have 15 players guaranteed to play most of the games. I reckon you can rotate between Wood, Mitrovic and Lamptney depending on fixtures. It remains to be seen if Nathan Ferguson becomes a starter for Crystal Palace. Not any good option for a 4.0 defender or 4.5 midfielder, is there?
United and City rotate home games.
Same as Everton and Liverpool.

Plus loads of other clubs

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Slowly getting there:

Pope
TAA, Dallas, Doherty
Salah, KDB, Bruno, Moutinho
Mitrovic, Ings, Bamford

Subs: Nyland, Furlong, Douglas, Stephens

Sarni

Fernandes had the best PPG over every other regular-playing player this season (albeit, he only played since Jan). More so than de Bruyne. For a player that is 1m cheaper, plays in a more advanced role most of the time, with the attacking talent infront of him, Bruno, for me (along with TAA), is the first name on my team sheet.

A lot of people have got Ziyech in. I agree with you & in my experience, it usually doesn't work out bringing a shiny new toy signing straight away. If Pulisic isn't injured when the season starts, he's a much safer bet at only 0.5m more. Like you mentioned, I believe Salah is also pretty much nailed on to be in my team. There's certain players you can't risk not having, like Salah, because everyone else will have him and if he hits the ground running (which he probably will), you end up falling behind everyone else.

After looking at your team, maybe it would be worth downgrading Jiminez/Martial, and upgrading Ziyech to Salah, and playing a 3-5-2?
I have now upgraded Jimenez to Werner and downgraded Bamford to Davis. Actually in my league I doubt anyone will have Salah, so he could be an advantage but to get 4.0 to turn Ziyech into him I would need to swap Werner for a 5.5 striker and they are all crap. I think Martial and Werner could get me good numbers. There aren’t really that many great options up front below 8.0. All are either backups at good teams or main forwards at weak teams. I need to have 2 good strikers.

I am going to take the risk with Werner and Ziyech but transfers could change my mind. Still nearly four weeks to go so a lot will change.

Yeah I’m keeping Bruno and I have also swapped Sterling for KDB who gets better numbers.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Prior to fixtures, I currently have:

McCarthy/Nyland
TAA Robbo Vinagre (Branthwaite Ferguson)
Auba KDB SaintMax Saka (Soucek)
Werner Martial Antonio

I definitely want the flexability to move for any value defenders and mids early. Not sure Aguero or Kane are going to be that desirable long term.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If you are going that route, I think I’d rather have Tony M as my United home captain.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
First draft (subject to fixtures)

McCarthy / Nyland

TAA / Vinagre / Taylor / Dallas / Ferguson

KDB / Salah / Greenwood / Ziyech / Soucek

Werner / Ings / Wickham

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you are going that route, I think I’d rather have Tony M as my United home captain.
Martial been reclassified as a striker. 1 less pt for every goal and loses 1 pt for every clean sheet.

He's still a great option for one of the 3 forwards but I captain my attacking minds for the reasons above. Usually between Salah, Mane, KDB, Bruno, Sterling, Son..... basically.

Rashford n Greenwood been classified as midfielders this new season too so become more appealing again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Martial been reclassified as a striker. 1 less pt for every goal and loses 1 pt for every clean sheet.

He's still a great option for one of the 3 forwards but I captain my attacking minds for the reasons above. Usually between Salah, Mane, KDB, Bruno, Sterling, Son..... basically.

Rashford n Greenwood been classified as midfielders this new season too so become more appealing again.
In one way Martial loses, but if he has a whole season like he's ended this season, he'll still be a huge asset.

Think back over the years - a United striker at 9m would have been a no brainer in Fergie days - and we at last look like we can attack like one.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Apparently the game leaked that we're playing Arsenal at home on the opening day

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Apparently the game leaked that we're playing Arsenal at home on the opening day

Except we're obviously not playing on the first game week, as we'll have a 30 day break after our last Europa game :lol: :lol:

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Penalties can be a factor. So Bruno, Salah, Aguero/De Bruyne, Auba, Kane takes them. In Chelsea I am not sure. Werner or Ziyech. The guy taking them is extra good pick particular Ziyech if he takes them.
If De Bruyne is on pens over Aguero then I think he should be in your team since he gets rotated less.
Can we still get penalties like crazy or will the numbers go down? If like crazy then Bruno should be great to have.
Do you know if he is going to take pens or not? Maybe too early to know.
If Havertz joins pretty sure he will take the penalties.

Sarni

A few tweaks and I'm left with:

Ryan / Button
TAA / Vinagre / Ayling / Walker-Peters / Ferguson
KDB / Bruno / Ziyech / Pulisic / Soucek
Werner / Martial / Davis

Obviously Soucek and Davis will hardly ever be in my first team. I was trying to somehow get Salah in for Pulisic but there's just no way to do that without downgrading significantly elsewhere. I feel good about Ryan as my first choice goalkeeper, think I'll stick him for full length of season like I did with Pope last year. Auba as a midfielder is super tempting though but he'd have to step in for KDB I guess... Tough choice to make. Also tempted to not go with KDB but spread talent more across the team to have differential but it's also a pretty tough choice to make and I'll be left behind each time KDB gets a haul. Having KDB is super boring though as everyone has him.

RedMist99

First Draft

Pope/Peacock Farrell

TAA/Robertson/Maguire/Dallas/Bernado

Bruno/De Bruyne/Mount/Saint Maximin/Trezeguet

Martial/Jimenez/Davis

0.0 Left to spend.

redmanc

First attempt. Good captain options in the middle and bench typically get minutes for their team (less Murray) so always an option to swap Dallas and Egan about to suit difficult fixtures. Team will no undoubtedly change before fixtures announced/season kick off.

Ryan
TAA - Doherty - Egan - James - Dallas
Fernandes - Sterling - Salah
Antonio - Martial

Subs: Fabri - Romeu - Murray - Stephens

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Starting to slowly balance out my team:

McCarthy
TAA, Vinagre, Mee
KDB, Salah, Saint-Maximin, Bruno
Wood, Werner, Mitrovic

Subs: Nyland, Ferguson, Dallas, Stephens

Gonna leave it at that until the fixtures are confirmed.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Martinez
TAA Dallas Egan
Greenwood Bruno KDB Salah Ziyech
Antonio Mitrovic

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
After some gymnastics:
Dubruvka
Egan - Mee - Lamptey (Davis, Mitchell)
St Maximin - KDB - Salah - Ziyech - Auba
Bamford - Werner (Davis)

Missing out on the good stuff from United. Auba points in midfield is too tempting to pass on. Could easily switch Auba~Bruno, Salah~Sterling/Mane, Ziyech~Greenwood, Werner~Martial based on form/injury without taking hit points.
Bar Leeds buying a better striker in Covid times, Bamford is their leading striker at 5.5

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Really starting to be settled on my team now after a fair bit on tinkering today. Obviously fixtures could change the team again.

Ryan (Button)

TAA, Vinagre, Egan, (Taylor), (Ferguson)

Salah, KDB, Greenwood, Grealish, Saint Maxim

Jiminez, Werner (Davis)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really starting to be settled on my team now after a fair bit on tinkering today. Obviously fixtures could change the team again.

Ryan (Button)

Jiminez, Werner (Davis)
Not sure I'd want two United players who aren't certain starters :p:drool:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Ryan (Button)

Jiminez, Werner (Davis)
I would have one of Bruno or Martial in there personally.

And it's easy to do. Switch Greenwood for a 7 (Zaha could be good if he moves) and upgrade Jiminez to Martial.

Otherwise, something like this will be the template team of fixtures are spread out properly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First attempt. Good captain options in the middle and bench typically get minutes for their team (less Murray) so always an option to swap Dallas and Egan about to suit difficult fixtures. Team will no undoubtedly change before fixtures announced/season kick off.

Ryan
TAA - Doherty - Egan - James - Dallas
Fernandes - Sterling - Salah
Antonio - Martial

Subs: Fabri - Romeu - Murray - Stephens
Fairly nice looking team, except i found out the hard way Ryan was a horrible keeper choice. And almost nothing on the bench at all.

Plus 3 of tour front 5 won't play in game week 1

JakeTheRed

First draft of:

McCarthy - (Button)
TAA - Saiss - Wan Bissaka - (Bardsley) - (Ferguson)
Fernandes - Salah - Saint Maximin - De Bruyne - Pulisic
Ayew - Antonio - (Davis)

Will most definitely amend before the season starts. Keeping my eye on Pulisic to see if he stays fit. Don't really like putting new signings in my team immediately so will have to see how Ziyech gets on.

Bit of a headache with all these big hitters in midfield, especially now that Martial is playing brilliantly and he looks like a necessary up front. Opinions on Aubameyang? Lacazette linked with Juve, could mean that Auba is starting up top every week supported by Willian/Pepe. He's already a big scorer, with more potential BPS, clean sheets, more points for goals coming from midfield, could be a huge scorer this season.

Anybody round here a fan of any of the promoted/lower tier teams in the league? Do you have any info on players with a low price that might have a chance of playing?

Overall finish of 7089 last season, hoping to push even better this time round!

Reactions: Sultan

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First draft of:

McCarthy - (Button)
TAA - Saiss - Wan Bissaka - (Bardsley) - (Ferguson)
Fernandes - Salah - Saint Maximin - De Bruyne - Pulisic
Ayew - Antonio - (Davis)

Will most definitely amend before the season starts. Keeping my eye on Pulisic to see if he stays fit. Don't really like putting new signings in my team immediately so will have to see how Ziyech gets on.

Bit of a headache with all these big hitters in midfield, especially now that Martial is playing brilliantly and he looks like a necessary up front. Opinions on Aubameyang? Lacazette linked with Juve, could mean that Auba is starting up top every week supported by Willian/Pepe. He's already a big scorer, with more potential BPS, clean sheets, more points for goals coming from midfield, could be a huge scorer this season.

Anybody round here a fan of any of the promoted/lower tier teams in the league? Do you have any info on players with a low price that might have a chance of playing?

Overall finish of 7089 last season, hoping to push even better this time round!
You're leaving that attack exceptionally weak as it looks like you'll play 3-5-2.

Superb midfield, but Pulisic is already injured now isn't he? And the Manchester boys won't play week 1.

JakeTheRed

You're leaving that attack exceptionally weak as it looks like you'll play 3-5-2.

Superb midfield, but Pulisic is already injured now isn't he? And the Manchester boys won't play week 1.
I'm planning on going for a 3-5-2 right now. I see so many points coming from midfield this season. Defence I try to balance and don't go all out on (except Trent) due to the fact that defenders don't pull as many points as midfielders/forwards.

One of my issues is that I'll have to miss out on Martial, which could really hurt me. Albeit, as you mentioned, it gives me a great midfield. The only way of really fitting Tony in would be to downgrade TAA, which is crazy to think of.

I've not done any research on Pulisic at the moment, I'm just wondering if he'll be fit for the season start? Ended last season in great form and was looking like one of Chelsea's best players, for 8.5m, which to me sounds like a steal. If he's still injured by the start of the season, I'll most likely replace him with Willian or someone of that ilk.

You're right though, with the Manchester teams not playing that first week, it really creates even more of a headache, especially because so many of their players are sought after on fantasy football. It might just end up being an early wild card again for a lot of managers, which is annoying.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm planning on going for a 3-5-2 right now. I see so many points coming from midfield this season. Defence I try to balance and don't go all out on (except Trent) due to the fact that defenders don't pull as many points as midfielders/forwards.

One of my issues is that I'll have to miss out on Martial, which could really hurt me. Albeit, as you mentioned, it gives me a great midfield. The only way of really fitting Tony in would be to downgrade TAA, which is crazy to think of.

I've not done any research on Pulisic at the moment, I'm just wondering if he'll be fit for the season start? Ended last season in great form and was looking like one of Chelsea's best players, for 8.5m, which to me sounds like a steal. If he's still injured by the start of the season, I'll most likely replace him with Willian or someone of that ilk.

You're right though, with the Manchester teams not playing that first week, it really creates even more of a headache, especially because so many of their players are sought after on fantasy football. It might just end up being an early wild card again for a lot of managers, which is annoying.
I think getting Soucek in there from West Ham is a good facilitator.
5m and he gets a few goals.

If United play like they've played this last couple of months attacking wise, we'll probably want to squeeze Martial and Bruno in.
Not discount Rashford if he can get over this sluggishness. 0.5m higher and the advantage of switching back to midfield.

He probably has that higher explosive total potential, except for that one hattrick Martial got. But generally Martial is a 1 goal man.