Fantasy Premier League 20/21

JakeTheRed

I think getting Soucek in there from West Ham is a good facilitator.
5m and he gets a few goals.

If United play like they've played this last couple of months attacking wise, we'll probably want to squeeze Martial and Bruno in.
Not discount Rashford if he can get over this sluggishness. 0.5m higher and the advantage of switching back to midfield.

He probably has that higher explosive total potential, except for that one hattrick Martial got. But generally Martial is a 1 goal man.
I agree, Soucek is definitely one to keep an eye on. At the beginning of the season it's always important to try and get your hands on some low-priced differentials (e.g. Lundstram, Michu a few years back and more..).

United have been playing some great attacking football and look like scoring a lot of goals. Rashford had a brilliant first half of the season, he just hasn't looked anywhere near as good since the restart. Hopefully, with a few weeks off and a fresh season, he comes back to his top form. Also, like you mentioned, him being in midfield will contribute to more points on average. Every time I had Martial in my team he always delivered.

Excited to see this season get under way, also, this was my last post, au revoir until tomorrow! :boring:

Reactions: VeevaVee

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Sterling over KDB ? He looks very lively since the restart

A9X SJ

Need to find this season Michu he was Fantasy gold from the opening 2 weeks of his first season

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to find this season Michu he was Fantasy gold from the opening 2 weeks of his first season
Fantasy scout wasn't as well known back then, so those of us who knew about it, couldn't believe there was this 16 goal midfielder coming in.

I remember in my work league 2 of us had him week 1, and the other guy benched him for that 16 pointer was it?

By week 4 anyone who had any idea of how the game worked had him, at about 0.6-0.8m more!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Soucek looked like he was playing as a second striker at times. I think he could be a steal at only 5 million.

Is there a CAF league password or is it too early?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Currently sitting on this draft -

Ryan
TAA Vinagre Ayling
Salah KDB Bruno Greenwood Armstrong
Martial Wood

Button Ferguson Douglas Davis

Would have to think how I go about United and City players though if we don't play gw1. I believe it could be that we don't play opening weekend, but still play gw1 in the week?

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I would have one of Bruno or Martial in there personally.

And it's easy to do. Switch Greenwood for a 7 (Zaha could be good if he moves) and upgrade Jiminez to Martial.

Otherwise, something like this will be the template team of fixtures are spread out properly.
Bruno is too dear for my set up. Can't have Salah KDB n Bruno without serious compromises.

Not ruled Martial out just yet. Jiminez could well become Martial.

ROFLUTION

This might seem like a strange suggestion and I might not roll with it, but considering that Liverpool defenders got like +170 pts each, I've stacked up in defence and went quality on midfield / attack:

To me, it just seems like value is in defence this year, and potentially in attack later on when the places in the teams settle.

Pope
Van Dijk - Robertson - TAA - Doherty - Walker Pieters
KDB - Fernandes
Mitrovic - Martial - Jimenez

Bench: Cannon-fodder from midfield, but will get game-time.

2-5 potential captains in KDB, Fernandes, Martial and Jimenez, TAA. Worried about going block-defence thought. Depends on the fixture-list.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This might seem like a strange suggestion and I might not roll with it, but considering that Liverpool defenders got like +170 pts each, I've stacked up in defence and went quality on midfield / attack:

To me, it just seems like value is in defence this year, and potentially in attack later on when the places in the teams settle.

Pope
KDB - Fernandes

2-5 potential captains in KDB, Fernandes, Martial and Jimenez, TAA. Worried about going block-defence thought. Depends on the fixture-list.
I really like the idea but going without Salah or Mane after they have had a good rest will kill your rank. If they do well you are in trouble.

Skåre Willoch

As usual, I find it really tough to set up a proper team this year.

So far I have:

Pope (Nyland)
TAA - Aké - Pieters (Bernardo, Douglas)
KDB - Salah - Greenwood - Saint Maximin (Soucek)
Werner - Martial - Mitrovic

Obviously Greenwood has to go if we bring in you know who, and I don't think I'll be able to not bring him in. Please, just do it. I need him in my line up!
Unsure about Aké, but I do think more than 1 from City is required. I've also considered Foden, as I think he'll play a bit more with Dilva gone.
Saint Maximin and Soucek are my enablers in midfield.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Pope
KDB - Fernandes

I quite like this idea actually. I think a few went for it last season at the start but Liverpool were very leaky early doors. You've just got to stick with it through the whole season to reap the rewards though.

My first draft is

McCarthy - easily the standout £4.5m keeper pick
TAA - no brainer
Taylor/Dallas/Vinagre - rotating 2 of these £4.5m defender in every week
Ferguson - £4m bench fodder
KDB - captain
Bruno - captain
Ziyech - good price (punt)
Armstrong - could've picked Soucek for £0.5m less here but he and the Saints had good form after the break and I expect it to continue.
Stevens - bench fodder
Ings - set and forget
Jimenez - same as Ings
Werner - same as Ziyech

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I just can't bring myself to go without either Salah or Mane. They are the best team in the league, will be favourites to retain the title (yuck) and they have also had the most rest.

If either of them go nuts and you don't own one of them you're in a for a red arrow most weeks. Simple as that.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I just can't bring myself to go without either Salah or Mane. They are the best team in the league, will be favourites to retain the title (yuck) and they have also had the most rest.

If either of them go nuts and you don't own one of them you're in a for a red arrow most weeks. Simple as that.
And yet I dream of the game week where Liverpool blank and Aubameyang goes mental with me alone in all my leagues having had the courage to take that risk.

ROFLUTION

I really like the idea but going without Salah or Mane after they have had a good rest will kill your rank. If they do well you are in trouble.
Yeah that's a valid concern too. Alternatively one could go:

McCarthy
Robertson - TAA - Doherty - KWP
Salah - KDB - Bruno
Mitrovic - Martial

... And then look for that 4.5 midfielder or 4.0 New Lundstram type for the last player. Would force one to switch between 4.5 goalies through the game though. (Unless Robertson -> Gomes, McC -> Pope + a 4.5 defender like Taylor from Burnley)

Edit: There's a chance a Leeds player at 4.0 becomes an opportunity. 4 of their 8 defenders is priced 4.5, and the remaining are 4.0. Not sure if they're worth anything though.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Thinking about this as initial draft, any thoughts very welcome...

-------------------------McCarthy-----------------------
TAA----------------------Aké---------------------Taylor
Saint Max--Kev---Bruno--Greenwood---Sterling
---------------Jimi--------------Antonio-------------

Captaincy rotating between the trio of Kev, Bruno and Raheem.

RedMist99

Anyone know how Southampton will line up in defence?

You've scared me into changing my team to include Salah!

Can I rely on a front 3 of Martial, Mitrovic and Bamford though?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

I think you have to either Salah or Mane it's as simple as that really. Last year I had Mane but this time I've gone Salah as Mane's more expensive and Salah seems to be on pens now that Milner is just a bit part player.

TAA + KDB + Salah was my starting point and just went from there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hardest part is my team name. Last season it was 2 girls 1 bissaka. Trying to think of a Bruno pun.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And yet I dream of the game week where Liverpool blank and Aubameyang goes mental with me alone in all my leagues having had the courage to take that risk.
I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 gameweeks that go that way for you mate. Trouble is there are 38 gameweeks.

I just can't see how you can go for KDB/Sterling, Salah n Auba without wrecking the rest of your team. If you can do it that's what I'd do.

Rhyme Animal

I think you have to either Salah or Mane it's as simple as that really. Last year I had Mane but this time I've gone Salah as Mane's more expensive and Salah seems to be on pens now that Milner is just a bit part player.

TAA + KDB + Salah was my starting point and just went from there.
They're the same price, no?

Still ill

I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 gameweeks that go that way for you mate. Trouble is there are 38 gameweeks.

I just can't see how you can go for KDB/Sterling, Salah n Auba without wrecking the rest of your team. If you can do it that's what I'd do.
That's what I mean, choosing Auba instead of Salah/ Mane. All evidence points to it being a foolhardy choice but Auba in midfield is a real temptation.

Still ill

Bamford as a bench option only, I'd say. One, he's shite, two, I'm pretty sure they'll have signed a shiny new forward by the time we kick off.

Rhyme Animal

Mane is more expensive than last year iirc
Sorry I didn't phrase that very well. I meant more expensive than he was last season.
Ah ok, gotcha!

Yeah, I'm just not sure about Liverpool strikers this season (to begin with at least).

They weren't very free-scoring as last season went on, and I have this odd feeling that retaining the PL may weigh upon them...

They were also very lucky last season and their attacking assists were FAR less explosive than previous seasons.

I think the hunger of City may provide more goals - and that's why I'm leaning toward Sterling atm.

Saying that, if I do bring in a dipper it'll be Salah due to his marvelous selfishness.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ah ok, gotcha!

Yeah, I'm just not sure about Liverpool strikers this season (to begin with at least).

They weren't very free-scoring as last season went on, and I have this odd feeling that retaining the PL may weigh upon them...

They were also very lucky last season and their attacking assists were FAR less explosive than previous seasons.

I think the hunger of City may provide more goals - and that's why I'm leaning toward Sterling atm.

Saying that, if I do bring in a dipper it'll be Salah due to his marvelous selfishness.
I think you have to have either KDB/Sterling and Salah/Mane in reality. They are the best two teams in the league and will be again next season no doubt. They are also the most free scoring teams too.

There's plenty of options to build teams around them and no doubt there will still be a few new players join the game too with the transfer window open.

I really like Werner personally. Think he may get Chelsea's penalties with Willian gone and Jorginho out of favour. That sways me towards him from our own Martial.

Rhyme Animal

I think you have to have either KDB/Sterling and Salah/Mane in reality. They are the best two teams in the league and will be again next season no doubt. They are also the most free scoring teams too.

There's plenty of options to build teams around them and no doubt there will still be a few new players join the game too with the transfer window open.

I really like Werner personally. Think he may get Chelsea's penalties with Willian gone and Jorginho out of favour. That sways me towards him from our own Martial.
And on that topic - what about Willian for Arse...? No-one seems to be including him, could be a nice differential!

Was in lovely form for Chelsea's run-in.

RedMist99

Bamford as a bench option only, I'd say. One, he's shite, two, I'm pretty sure they'll have signed a shiny new forward by the time we kick off.
That would mean playing 4-4-2 with the following:

Pope

TAA/Maguire/Kyle WP/Dallas

Salah/KDB/Bruno/Saint Max

Mitrovic/Martial

Bench: Peacock Farrell/ Bamford/ Bernardo/Stephens

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hardest part is my team name. Last season it was 2 girls 1 bissaka. Trying to think of a Bruno pun.
Mine was that name last year as well!

This year I was also thinking of a Bruno pun but couldn't in the end. Went with "Who got the assist?"

It's very much work in progress at the moment.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
First draft of:

McCarthy - (Button)
TAA - Saiss - Wan Bissaka - (Bardsley) - (Ferguson)
Fernandes - Salah - Saint Maximin - De Bruyne - Pulisic
Ayew - Antonio - (Davis)

Will most definitely amend before the season starts. Keeping my eye on Pulisic to see if he stays fit. Don't really like putting new signings in my team immediately so will have to see how Ziyech gets on.

Bit of a headache with all these big hitters in midfield, especially now that Martial is playing brilliantly and he looks like a necessary up front. Opinions on Aubameyang? Lacazette linked with Juve, could mean that Auba is starting up top every week supported by Willian/Pepe. He's already a big scorer, with more potential BPS, clean sheets, more points for goals coming from midfield, could be a huge scorer this season.

Anybody round here a fan of any of the promoted/lower tier teams in the league? Do you have any info on players with a low price that might have a chance of playing?

Overall finish of 7089 last season, hoping to push even better this time round!
That looks really good, but I'd rather have Vinagre to Saiss to start with I think, due to the Jonny injury.

Neo_Mufc

And so we start again.

Think I will wait till the fixtures are announced but will have to have a dabble soon online with some teams.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Selected my squad, I don't think I like it that much, though:

Nyland, Ryan

Taylor, Ferguson, TAA, AWB, Vinagre

Grealish, Jorginho, Salah, KDB, St-Maximin

Martial, Antonio, Jiménez

Actually, it's alright, to start with, has reasonable balance. Wish I could find a way to afford Auba too :D

Rhyme Animal

Selected my squad, I don't think I like it that much, though:

Nyland, Ryan

Taylor, Ferguson, TAA, AWB, Vinagre

Grealish, Jorginho, Salah, KDB, St-Maximin

Martial, Antonio, Jiménez

Actually, it's alright, to start with, has reasonable balance. Wish I could find a way to afford Auba too :D
Looks nice, maybe a little top heavy.

I've managed to get in Salah, Kev, Bruno and Aubameyang, but am playing with just 1 striker...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mine was that name last year as well!

This year I was also thinking of a Bruno pun but couldn't in the end. Went with "Who got the assist?"

It's very much work in progress at the moment.
Spent around 5mins looking for some sort of juvenile combo of surnames, mostly centring on "Saka", but nothing stood out :lol: