Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

Seriously considering Sterling this weekend. Everyone seems to have KDB so could be a good differential
Feels like Sterling could be good against that defense. I would rather have him than KDB right now.
Good captain although Salah/Mane can be great captains too.

Neo_Mufc

How we all doing?

I have so many captain choices this week. Salah/KDB/Werner/Jiminez.

Not sure who to go with really.

Neo_Mufc

I haven't decided but I'm going to just stick with KDB I think, I don't think I will keep the captaincy off him for most of the season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Seen this picking up some traction. I have triple Liverpool D, with Son and Podence suspect too. At least I have my free transfer still.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Eurgh. Don't do this. Salah seems ok at least. I'd just have to bench TAA. If he misses out he'd be back before the next game anyway because of the international break.

Pulisic back is interesting. Should be a straight swap from Havertz but I'd rather see him play first. He's so brittle.

saivet

Sheffield United have tough fixtures coming up (Arsenal, Fulham, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea) but Brewster at £4.5m makes him great value. Sheffield United's other strikers are shit and he will probably be the only striker valued at £5.5m or below that should be a regular starter.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Sheffield United have tough fixtures coming up (Arsenal, Fulham, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea) but Brewster at £4.5m makes him great value. Sheffield United's other strikers are shit and he will probably be the only striker valued at £5.5m or below that should be a regular starter.
Yeah, until now I think I made a mistake on the wildcard going 4-4-2/3-5-2, because my third forward was just fodder, whereas Burke and Stephens (amongst others) are playing options at 4.5 and 4.4 in midfield.

Unless I rejig to bring in a third forward, Brewster probably comes in at some point, probably even for the Fulham match.

Burke really shouldn’t be brought in now.

saivet

Yeah, until now I think I made a mistake on the wildcard going 4-4-2/3-5-2, because my third forward was just fodder, whereas Burke and Stephens (amongst others) are playing options at 4.5 and 4.4 in midfield.

Unless I rejig to bring in a third forward, Brewster probably comes in at some point, probably even for the Fulham match.

Burke really shouldn’t be brought in now.
I have Mitrovic in my team and while Fulham have nice fixtures they seem so poor that I'm not sure it's worth having him in any longer, by replacing him with Brewster it would give me 1.5m in the bank too.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Im considering the same given that he 1 million cheaper and Chelsea haven't hit any rhythm yet.
Yeah. Would be an easier decision if Chelsea had a tougher fixture (not that Palace are walkovers) but I just have that nagging feeling it could blow up in my face. I'll wait for the pressers and if nobody is injured then I might take the chance.

Barnes does have both West Ham and Villa at home in the next two so I'd be surprised if he doesn't return.

Mcking

Not sure about Brewster. I presume his debut will be after the international break, and after playing Fulham, they face Man City, Liverpool, and Chelsea in the next three gameweeks. With Sheffield United being such a defensive team and him being relatively unproven, I don't see how he's going to score many in those games. Not convinced it would be nice to bring him in straight away.

Having a playing 4.5 forward feels hugely satisfying, but you could be getting yourself into a big hole. I'd avoid unless you play with five midfielders and intend to keep as a third forward.

IrishRedDevil

Bamford to Brewster will be my potential move in a few weeks, only if Brewster proves he's worth it in his first few games.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm not on the Brewster hype train at all. Too many strikers doing well that I want at the moment than to carry a Sheffield United striker no matter what they cost. Be a good first bench option for people playing with 2 strikers though I guess.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I just want to ensure I have 13 regular starts for my outfield slots. I currently have Podence and Son suspect for this weekend, Davies as a 4.5 forward who barely gets minutes, and therefore I have no contingency for anyone else to be out. This is looking like a potentially high scoring week giving ownership and the kind fixtures, yet I might only have 9 outfield players including Mitchell!

Paul_Scholes18

Do people really think De Bruyne is a good captain? He has looked poor recently and City have not created very much.
Penalties would be the factor, but they are hard to call.
Leeds have also looked strong so far although might be more open at the back than Leicester.
Sterling feels like the better pick for this week in that case.

Mcking

Klich against City at home or Grealish against Pool at home?
Although Grealish plays further forward, I'd say Klich. Leeds will get on the ball, and they will attack. Man City also conceded three penalties in the last game, and Klich takes them for Leeds. I doubt Grealish would be able to do much against Liverpool.

Mcking

Do people really think De Bruyne is a good captain? He has looked poor recently and City have not created very much.
Penalties would be the factor, but they are hard to call.
Leeds have also looked strong so far although might be more open at the back than Leicester.
Sterling feels like the better pick for this week in that case.
De Bruyne vs Sterling is such a difficult decision. The only reason I have KDB is because he is on Pens, but still think Sterling will outscore him in the coming weeks. He is the main goalscorer in that City team right now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Sterling seems less effective central and without Aguero or Jesus, there is a fair chance he plays there.

Paul_Scholes18

De Bruyne vs Sterling is such a difficult decision. The only reason I have KDB is because he is on Pens, but still think Sterling will outscore him in the coming weeks. He is the main goalscorer in that City team right now.
I got De Bruyne too and regret it a bit. Pens the main reason too. I think with Aguero he gets more assists too, but might not have the pens.
Although it is bloody hard to predict City. Pep might change the formation which makes other players more effective.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Really want to captain Ings or Jiminez but head says captain Salah or a City mid every single gameweek.

Paul_Scholes18

Really want to captain Ings or Jiminez but head says captain Salah or a City mid every single gameweek.
At least last season Ings and Jiminez mainly got one goal per game at least always when I had them.
Salah and City mid explode more.
I like going for the explosion, but for this week I do not feel great about any of my options.

I have it on Salah for the explosion, but can see him get away with nothing or one assist too.

ChaddyP

trying something different and going for a sterling captain . Think he will feast against Leeds even if he misses 3 sitters

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
At least last season Ings and Jiminez mainly got one goal per game at least always when I had them.
Salah and City mid explode more.
I like going for the explosion, but for this week I do not feel great about any of my options.

I have it on Salah for the explosion, but can see him get away with nothing or one assist too.
Most people going for KDB or Sterling it seems. However without a proper number 9 and up against an in form Leeds team I'm not sure City will have it all their own way. Tempted to go Salah or take a punt on Ings / Jiminez.

Paul_Scholes18

Most people going for KDB or Sterling it seems. However without a proper number 9 and up against an in form Leeds team I'm not sure City will have it all their own way. Tempted to go Salah or take a punt on Ings / Jiminez.
The poor form from Southampton and Wolves would worry me even with good fixtures. I am not sure if I shall start Podence or not. Could see him coming from the bench if he is half fit.
Although against Fulham I could see him haul, but only if Jiminez plays well too.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Kilch is on pens right? I would go with him given that City conceded 3 pens last game.
Although Grealish plays further forward, I'd say Klich. Leeds will get on the ball, and they will attack. Man City also conceded three penalties in the last game, and Klich takes them for Leeds. I doubt Grealish would be able to do much against Liverpool.
Thanks for the advice lads! Klich it is who starts.

Paul_Scholes18

Thanks for the advice lads! Klich it is who starts.
The good thing is if we are all wrong and Villa smashes Liverpool 5-0 with Grealish hattrick we can alll enjoy that too.
Although you might be frustrated, but at least might gain team value.
Do you have other options to bench like maybe a defender since there is so many goals so far?