Fantasy Premier League 20/21

podurban2

Watched that guy who won, and then was DQ from winning the world title on a clip last night.

He was going big up front, with Ings, Jiminez and Werner, also with Salah and Auba in there.
He had Greenwood, ready for week 2 - but dependant on the Sancho situation.

He didn't seem to think TAA was good value for the start of the season, preferring Van Dyke, but then didn't end up with him in his draft.
But he does think Docherty is good value - which I can't see - going from a similar level finishing team, but one he'll play right back, not right wing back.

Interesting though.
Any link by chance?

vk20legend

I played last season after a long time. I've never picked a City or Liverpool player ever as I just can't bring myself to how their players do well.

Naturally, I didn't have a good season. But considering the self imposed restrictions, I still finished 9 out of 12th in my office mini league.

Same self imposed restrictions this year. I haven't decided if I need to add no Leeds player to the list of other two teams.

My only hope is these other players will compensate for not picking pool or City players. Let's see.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is Ziyech out for Chelsea on Monday. Have him, Havertz and Werner in my team :nervous:
You don't want all 3 mate. Too many from one side and all new to the league too.

I think it's risky going with even 2 but all 3 is mental.

kyofusho

Is it too late to politely ask for a redcafe league code? I'd love to be involved this year. Team is set and ready :cool:

Minkaro

Tell me your team now, punk
So you can avoid my picks? Sensible.

Allison
TAA Coady Tierney
Havertz Peirera (WBA) Saint-Maximin Traore Auba
Jimenez C. Wilson​

Abraham, Martin, Digne and Dunk on the bench.

ROFLUTION

Hmm could this strange tactic work?

5-2-3 in gw1 then -4 in gw2 and sub out either Robertson or Trent + Adams to Martial for gw2 + a 4.0 or 4.5 defender (Douglas?). Then play 4-3-3 in gw2.

Defence sure looks tasty for gw1.

Mccarthy - Nyland
Maitland-niles - Robertson- Trent - Doherty - Vinagre
Auba - Greenwood - Son - Smallbone - Gordon
Adams - Werner - Jimenez

Con is no Salah, but then again he's not been scoring in pre season and has Chelsea and Arsenal in first 3. If he becomes a must, hit the wildcard Button around gw 4-5 and stay ahead of the game, while also getting in City players

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm so close to my final team.

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Buur
Salah, Auba, ASM, Son
DCL, Werner, Mitrovic

Subs: Steer, Taylor, Dallas, Reed

I have 1m in the bank so will drop Son and Auba to Bruno and KDB.

My only concern is Buur. I'm pretty sure he won't play but none of the other 4.0s look like they'll play either... Is there any way I can squeeze another 0.5 so I can upgrade Buur to someone like Lamptey?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Going for a deep bench after all. Don’t want any fodders in my team except for backup goalie.

Ryan Nyland
TAA Davies Justin Dalllas KWP
Auba Son Havertz Greenwood ASM
Martial Wood KCL

Is my goal, with Ings or Werner filling in for Martial first game week just so I can field a half decent team. This gives me a lot of flexibility, protects me against injuries and quarantines/blanks. Recent years hitting on value players was the best way early on. Wood, KCL, Havertz and Greenwood can comfortably play above their value but I still manage to get some sure scorers in there in TAA, Auba, Son and Martial.

Really feel like Wood is undervalued. Main scorer for a decent Burnley team, got 14 goals last year and can easily get to 16-17 this season if he’s lucky. At £6.5m it’s a no brainer for me. I am punting on KCL getting improved numbers too with a lot more creativity behind him, and Ancelotti seems to love him.

It may occasionally be a nightmare with rotation but last year it went quite smoothly. Eventually I will settle on 11 + 1 anyway. Transfers will change a lot.

Last edited:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So is the right play to put a player in on week one that we would then swap out for someone like Bruno in week two because having a United player in from the start is totally pointless?

Neo_Mufc

One strategy mentioned has been pick Taa and Robertson for 14.5 m and do not pick Salah. That extra 2.5 will be worth maybe 100 points alone? If they both do similar to last year.

What you guys think.

Paul_Scholes18

One strategy mentioned has been pick Taa and Robertson for 14.5 m and do not pick Salah. That extra 2.5 will be worth maybe 100 points alone? If they both do similar to last year.

What you guys think.
My mind do not like to double up on defense much. I also think cheaper defenders can give value.
I think Liverpool will do worse this season is my feeling. They may still win the league, but with less points, clean sheets and fantasy points.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
By my detective skills, most people are going for either Ayling or Dallas. Dallas the name I'm seeing more. And looking at their wiki pages, Ayling described as a defender while Dallas a wing-back/winger. Ayling has 6 goals in 144 apps. Dallas 16 in 176 for Leeds. Both got 4 goals last season.
Ayling is a RB I believe, but may end up playing CB, according to Reddit, because they've signed another RB.

Apparently Dallas and Douglas are competing for a spot. Dallas likely to be first choice, but Douglas was until an injury, so could be subbed/rotated a lot.

Both Ayling and Dallas are wingbacks by the sounds of it, with Dallas being involved in more build up play, although he apparently went in to midfield (presumably DM) when defending a lead on occassion.

Ayling sounds more nailed at the mo, so think I'm sticking with him.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ayling is a RB I believe, but may end up playing CB, according to Reddit, because they've signed another RB.

Apparently Dallas and Douglas are competing for a spot. Dallas likely to be first choice, but Douglas was until an injury, so could be subbed/rotated a lot.

Both Ayling and Dallas are wingbacks by the sounds of it, with Dallas being involved in more build up play, although he apparently went in to midfield (presumably DM) when defending a lead on occassion.

Ayling sounds more nailed at the mo, so think I'm sticking with him.
Hmm some Leeds fan put a player by player guide on Reddit and said Ayling is the most nailed on and then Dallas, but only by a tiny amount. He said Douglas is absolutely useless and won't play at all... Take from that what you will...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hmm some Leeds fan put a player by player guide on Reddit and said Ayling is the most nailed on and then Dallas, but only by a tiny amount. He said Douglas is absolutely useless and won't play at all... Take from that what you will...
A bit of a debate about it from what I've seen over a few threads. Most actual Leeds fans seem to be very unsure, but Dallas is appaz loved by the manager. He does sound very attacking so might not be the best idea against Liverpool? It sounds like Dallas will start most games though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Really tempted to captain Auba over Salah, but dunno if it's a smart move. It's a coin toss at the end of the day, but the bookies say Salah.

Ludens the Red

A bit of a debate about it from what I've seen over a few threads. Most actual Leeds fans seem to be very unsure, but Dallas is appaz loved by the manager. He does sound very attacking so might not be the best idea against Liverpool? It sounds like Dallas will start most games though.
100% Dallas and Ayling as wing backs. I’d say Alioski would more likely play at left back than Douglas if Dallas doesn’t.
Dallas also plays all across the midfield so might figure there during the season. Deffo the best option out of all Leeds’ defenders.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Anyone picking Leeds players against Liverpool is just asking for trouble though anyway. First game back in the PL and against that attack? Nah.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyone picking Leeds players against Liverpool is just asking for trouble though anyway. First game back in the PL and against that attack? Nah.
Limited options with a start of season budget, and it's not just for the first game. Always a chance of an assist. Plenty of promoted teams do well in their first season.

RashyForPM

Salish is Southampton's new CB.

Thanks for the input mate
Vinegre’s situation is why I choose to go with four(4.5) defenders who look like sure starters for their teams. If he misses out, I get a 4.5 starter on for him.

Salisu is Southampton's new CB. I think he partners with Vestegaard this season. Would have Lamptey over him as he is a wingback at 4.5 but he plays Chelsea in GW1 and its unlikely Brighton gets a cleensheet. I'm targeting cleensheet points from defenses this game week than goals/assists.
Ah. Is he 4 million? Otherwise, if he’s 4.5, you’d do well to move to KWP. RB’s are mostly better than CB’s due to larger attacking potential ;)

podurban2

I'm a bit stuck. Got one gap in my squad but only 3.5 so it's not possible :houllier:

Ramsdale (5.0) - Leno (5.0)

Ayling (4.5) - TAA (7.5) - Justin (4.5) - Walker-Peters (4.5) - Mitchell (4.0)

Gundogan (5.5) - Auba (12.0) - Salah (12.0) - Pereira (WBA) (6.0) [*ADD MIDFIELDER*]

Mitrovic (6.0) - Werner (9.5) - Kane (10.5)

Any advice? :nervous: (only solution I can think of is making a choice between Aub & Salah to balance the midfield a bit.
Pereira -> ASM
Mitro -> DCL
Kane -> Ings
Add Gordon (4.5)

You should have 0.5 ITB, swap out Ings for Martial for GW2.

ROFLUTION

Havertz and Mitrovic or Ings and Pereira?
The latter. Not sure Havertz starts GW1, and Arsenal's defence has been good recently (Mitrovic). For 6.0 (Pereira) I'd go for a proven defender instead though if you haven't already.

RashyForPM

Pure fodder on the benches?
Nyland, Romeu, Buur and Branthwaite on the bench. If one of my players don’t play, I’m screwed.
The latter. Not sure Havertz starts GW1, and Arsenal's defence has been good recently (Mitrovic). For 6.0 (Pereira) I'd go for a proven defender instead though if you haven't already.
That was my train of thought until I got Robertson and VVD in there. I think Havertz will start as Ziyech and Pulisic (will be on the bench) are out, and Pedro and Willian have left.

ROFLUTION

Nyland, Romeu, Buur and Branthwaite on the bench. If one of my players don’t play, I’m screwed.

That was my train of thought until I got Robertson and VVD in there. I think Havertz will start as Ziyech and Pulisic (will be on the bench) are out, and Pedro and Willian have left.
FFScout has Ziyech + Giroud + Werner starting, with Mount, Barkley and Kante behind them. I think he'll be eased in when he's signed this late.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Ah. Is he 4 million? Otherwise, if he’s 4.5, you’d do well to move to KWP. RB’s are mostly better than CB’s due to larger attacking potential ;)
Yeah that'll work I just wasn't sure if Walker-Pieters was going to start. Might just switch them around before kickoff with more information.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I thought Johnson and Mitchell were the only 4.0 defs that might start... But PVA has been seen in training and Johnson played so shit against Bournemouth the other day, he was subbed at 30 minutes. That 0.5 is killing my entire team.

RashyForPM

After stupidly proclaiming to have decided on the team, I’ve restructured it again :lol:

McCarthy
Buur (Shaw next week) Gomez KWP
Soucek Salah Son Auba
Mitro Werner Kane

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I’ve juggled things around to upgrade Werner to Kane from the start. I know Werner looks like a good price, but if Kane plays he is garaunteed goals and at 10.5m I think he’s a must have. Werner could easily take some time to settle.

Another way I looked at it - I can see Kane pulling away from Werner on points quite easily, but unlikely the other way round because Kane will always score goals. Worst case if Werner hits a ridiculous purple it’s an easy switch, but finding 1m the other way round can be a -8pt hit so early on.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
After stupidly proclaiming to have decided on the team, I’ve restructured it again :lol:

McCarthy
Buur (Shaw next week) Gomez KWP
Soucek Salah Son Auba
Mitro Werner Kane
Looks like a great team but defenders are gold mines for their price - 210 points from TAA last year though for only 7.5m. High for a defender but if you had a midfielder at that price for those points you’d find a way. The 3 midfielders above him cost 12.0,12.0 and 11.5.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can I reopen the Salah/Mane debate :lol:

Someone convince me that they are value at 12m when KDB/Sterling/Bruno/Sancho (who I think is inevitably joining) will be cheaper.

KDB got more points comfortably than Mane, and more than Salah and is cheaper. This is mental stuff.