Fantasy Premier League 20/21

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I put Bamford as Captain l o l.

Did I do wrong :nervous:
He is the highest performing striker after Kane, just saying. He rarely gets you a massive haul, but he's a reliable consistent 5-7 points on most weeks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mendy has Sheff Utd away, and Pope has Brighton home this week and a double next.

Is there anything mad about bringing Pope in as second keeper, resting him this week, and playing next?
Or does it make more sense to simply switch Mendy to Pope? And not tie up as much money in keepers? I don't have bench boost anymore, so no need to have 2.
Thinking more chance of Brighton scoring than Sheff Utd.

Could switch one of them down to 4.4m Sanchez down the line.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Is triple United asking for trouble? :nervous: Shaw, Rashford, and Bruno are speaking to me. Salah out for Rashford is extremely tempting.
I'm avoiding loading up on United players for the simple reason that I don't want to jinx them, because, of course, I am the arbitrator of the PL.

I've had Bruno since the start, though, because that's a no brainer.

Spark

Lingard in as a differential, super fecking tempted. Has anyone gambled likewise?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I'd wait and see how he does. One game is too small a sample size.
Are you new here? It's the modus operandi of a large portion of the Café!

Lingard may, or may not, have a purple patch (and if he does, we'll get a decent fee for him) but anyone who thinks thinks he's a long term 'prospect', well good luck to you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Lingard may, or may not, have a purple patch (and if he does, we'll get a decent fee for him) but anyone who thinks thinks he's a long term 'prospect', well good luck to you.
Yep. I'm expecting some of the more casual of our "supporters" to start talking about how we should "take a look" at the lad making waves at West Ham.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Going Antonio captain. Wish me luck :)
I was set on this but I remember Moyes repeatedly saying Antonio will eventually need a rest. It'll most likely be this game or Sheff... Or he will play both but only like 60 minutes each game.

But that is enough time to smash these shit teams so could be ok.

Neo_Mufc

I was set on this but I remember Moyes repeatedly saying Antonio will eventually need a rest. It'll most likely be this game or Sheff... Or he will play both but only like 60 minutes each game.

But that is enough time to smash these shit teams so could be ok.
Shit you got me worried because they play United midweek too so he might just rest him after 70 mins.........

Locke

Ok, a few situations

1. Which 2 of these defenders to leave out?
  2. Play all of the power 5 mids, or perhaps bench Gundo for an extra defender?
  3. What to do with 2 free transfers bearing in mind I don't want to lose any of those 5, or my defence. Bamford to Antonio, or upgrade my second choice keeper from 4m non player the only things i can see. (Antonio and Bamford are the top 2 brought in strikers this week by a mile!)
Mendy
Stones Dias Justin Dier Coufal
Salah Bruno Son Grealish Gundo
Bamford Watkins

Deffo benched
DCL, Martin

2 Freebies, 1.8m in bank
Maybe sell Dier? I wouldn’t be surprised if Mourinho benched him and blamed the recent losses on him.
Salah have blanked in 7 of the last 8 and can’t really see him getting anything against city’s defensive but yeah, Salah is Salah, you don’t bench him, you sell him in that case.
And also, keep Bamford!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maybe sell Dier? I wouldn’t be surprised if Mourinho benched him and blamed the recent losses on him.
Salah have blanked in 7 of the last 8 and can’t really see him getting anything against city’s defensive but yeah, Salah is Salah, you don’t bench him, you sell him in that case.
And also, keep Bamford!
Wouldn't be a disaster if he was benched as I'd have decent options to come in!

Was considering Pope in for my 4m fodder and run with Mendy & Pope, but looking at future doubles, it might be better just to do Mendy to Pope, despite Mendy playing Sheff Utd, and then would have the money in the bank to upgrade DCL to Ings to benefit from both doubles in consecutive weeks.
Otherwise would need to find 1m or so. Will sleep on it...and hope I don't lie in past 11 :)

But yes, Bamford with that double coming up is 100% a keeper.

Last edited:

Locke

Wouldn't be a disaster if he was benched as I'd have decent options to come in!

Was considering Pope in for my 4m fodder and run with Mendy & Pope, but looking at future doubles, it might be better just to do Mendy to Pope, and then would have the money in the bank to upgrade DCL to Ings to benefit from both doubles in consecutive weeks.
Otherwise would need to find 1m or so
Yeah you do but do you want Dier for the future then? I would bring in Shaw or maybe Alonso or James and bench Stones this gw.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah you do but do you want Dier for the future then? I would bring in Shaw or maybe Alonso or James and bench Stones this gw.
I think the regret from Dier and Son getting decent points when I had them, would be more of an arse then someone I didn't have scoring higher.

Spark

Long in the FPL is next two games for me, Fulham and Sheffield. Worth a punt I reckon, have endless cash at the moment considering all the expensive players are either injured or shit.

It does mean my week is banking on West Ham battering Fulham, as I have Soucek and Antonio, which is unbelievably risky. We shall see though!

Raredaredevil

Forgot to change my team 4 consecutive GW's, now I have 3 players in the red, definitely out for the next few game and one 50/50.

I had two FT so replacing them all would be an 8 point hit. Do I use the WC or just take the hit? I suppose this is where the wild card is useful but I always have the feeling when I'm using it that I could need it further down the line.

Currently 4th in my main league, about 100 or so points behind the leader.
8 point hit is not worth using your wildcard. Heck, I took a 20 point hit once without even using my wildcard. I literally waited till the last gameweek of the first half of the season to use my wildcard. I think you should wait further down the season, especially if there is a double gameweek, with covid, there's bound to be lots of postponed games.

Regarding my fantasy team, I swapped out Chiwell for Crestwell in my starting 11. Thinking of swapping out Salah for Bruno but knowing my luck, Salah will probably score a hat-trick against City and Bruno will blank.

Swiss_Red89

No idea who to captain this week. Only know it has to be a midfielder. I've

Lingard, Son, Salah, Bruno, Rashford

Thoughts? I'm even tempted to "feck it and give it JLingz" as i've gone with the obvious picks in the last 4 or 5 GW's and they all went to shit.

hubbuh

Are people starting DCL against us? I also can't decide between Gundogan or Stones, I've already got Dias starting. Plumping with Bruno captain and Antonio vice. Difficult choices this week.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Are people starting DCL against us? I also can't decide between Gundogan or Stones, I've already got Dias starting. Plumping with Bruno captain and Antonio vice. Difficult choices this week.
I haven't decided to play DCL or Stones. What's more likely, DCL to score, or a MC clean sheet? I already have Dias. Have Bruno captain also.

hubbuh

I haven't decided to play DCL or Stones. What's more likely, DCL to score, or a MC clean sheet? I already have Dias. Have Bruno captain also.
Very similar boat then. I've decided to bench DCL and Stones (in that order of subs) with Dias starting and Bruno captain. I don't usually have such a strong bench and I'm already hating it.

Dan_F

Ive gone with Stones on the bench and Cancelo playing. Gundo over DCL (he seems to be on pens and Everton’s attack looked poor against Newcastle). Antonio captain, which could be a big error if he’s rested.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I had DCL in my team the whole week but just put him on the bench for Gundo.

Gundo gets an extra point if they don't concede. He also gets extra points if he scores. Gundo is on pens.

Basically there is more upside with Gundo.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Bamford or Soucek this week?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bruno captain
Dias starting, and Stones benched (just because Dias has out scored Stones 6-3 on bonuses this last 6 weeks - and Stones 3 came when he scored 2 goals!)
Justin first sub (Had to go with Dier and Coufal with their fixtures, and is too brave to rest 2 city!)
Mendy starting, with Pope my 1 transfer benched - just couldn't leave Mendy out after 3 cleanies and Sheff Utd up next. Pope has a decent fixture, but very much brought in to not waste one of my 2 freebies, for his double next week.

Have just enough money to do Mendy & DCL to McCarthy & Ings for 2 weeks time when Southampton have their double - very tight if any price changes - and may not go with those moves anyway - but keeps it as an option.

Best of luck all!

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Shaw in for Robertson
Antonio captain

Martinez
Coufal Cancelo Rudiger Shaw
Salah Son Bruno Grealish
Bamford Antonio (c)

Gundogan, DCL and Stones benched.

Chickened out of benching Salah to have some Liverpool coverage just incase. 1 of each starting.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Made some mad last hour decisions:

DCL benched for Gundo
Bought in Son for Soucek
Captained Antonio over Son