Torres
Raphina
Salah
Jota

Lukaku
Antonio
Ronaldo

Subs were Williams, Allan and livramento

^^ basically lukaku came in at a cost of really downgrading TAA, Coufal and Shaw/Reguilon.

Don't think it's worth it.
Dont do it mate. If this is post WC, then you will struggle with flexibility. Lukaku also has a tough run of fixtures. Very tough. Sure, he can score in any given game (although he's a notorious flat track bully), the chances of scoring 2 or 3 against a City or Liverpool are not that high.

Better off distributing the funds properly, leaving Lukaku out. Then swap Ronaldo to Lukaku in GW7 or GW8.

To be honest, in the short term run, I can see DCL or Bamford outscoring Lukaku.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I've got Ayling but I like my defenders to keep clean sheets rather than hoping for attacking returns. Thinking about taking him out.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why? I have that attack with premium defence and Son in midfield. This is the way. :)
Hows that working out? Whats ranking?
Something that's gone a bit unnoticed with Greenwood is that he's started taking the inswinging left footed corners (with Shaw taking the outswingers from the other side). He's also swinging in more and more beauty's in open play with Cavani in the team. With the threat of Ronaldo and all the attention on him I wouldn't be surprised if Greenwood profits this weekend and I wouldn't talk anyone out of captaining him. I could see a goal and an assist, and subsequent bonus
I hadn’t noticed the corners but although only three games in, he feels more involved. Yes, Ronaldo could score but he could still help the entire front line if he does/doesn’t, just by dragging players to him…. get Greenwood in some room and bam?

Swiss_Red89

I'm tempted to double up on Arsenal with Saka and White...they've the best run of fixtures until around GW 20 of all Teams imo.

Good or bad Idea?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'm tempted to double up on Arsenal with Saka and White...they've the best run of fixtures until around GW 20 of all Teams imo.

Good or bad Idea?
I don’t trust Arsenal under Arteta no matter the opponent. They need to win some games comfortably for me to even be interested.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Is Jimenez definitely confirmed out for the next game?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's all over the place this year with players positions. I'm trying to put in Jota and Greenwood but as they're both classed as midfielders, I can only put in one andcthat leaves me with 6.8m to fill the striker postion but the options aren't great, Saint Maximin is classed as a forward but Jota or Greenwood aint, right ok.

RDCR07

It's all over the place this year with players positions. I'm trying to put in Jota and Greenwood but as they're both classed as midfielders, I can only put in one andcthat leaves me with 6.8m to fill the striker postion but the options aren't great, Saint Maximin is classed as a forward but Jota or Greenwood aint, right ok.
Edouard is a good shout but yeah anywhere in the 5.5-7.0 it’s better to have a midfielder than a striker.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hows that working out? Whats ranking?
223 points. Bruno captain last 2 games fecked me a lot.
Didn't have balls (like you) to captain Antonio which was soooo obvious and smart thing to do.
Now i did wc. Son, Ronny and Lukaku as premiums plus Shaw, Taa and Reguilon in defence.

Only question; help me here. Traore, Gray and Raphinha. Pick two. I have Raoh and Traore but Gray seems as better option. Isn't it?

223 points. Bruno captain last 2 games fecked me a lot.
Didn't have balls (like you) to captain Antonio which was soooo obvious and smart thing to do.
Now i did wc. Son, Ronny and Lukaku as premiums plus Shaw, Taa and Reguilon in defence.

Only question; help me here. Traore, Gray and Raphinha. Pick two. I have Raoh and Traore but Gray seems as better option. Isn't it?
Will Raphinha get banned (by Brazil)?

Other two both have good fixtures but Everton at home maybe edges it?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Traore is doing a lot during the game but without final product. Gray for that price and points so far, looks as bargain. But....will he start every week?
Gray will start every week IMO. Everton's squad is quite small, we have no strength in depth. Also no pace which Gray provides.
Ive put him in my own wildcard team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
95% likely to do the Bruno & Ings free double to Gray and Ronaldo today.

Will just give the pressers a cursorary glance first though.

Traore is doing a lot during the game but without final product. Gray for that price and points so far, looks as bargain. But....will he start every week?
Why would they drop him at the moment?

Remember, as soon as form/selection changes, you just use a tfr (if WCing now, presumably not planning to make many tfrs short term so should have them free)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Dont do it mate. If this is post WC, then you will struggle with flexibility. Lukaku also has a tough run of fixtures. Very tough. Sure, he can score in any given game (although he's a notorious flat track bully), the chances of scoring 2 or 3 against a City or Liverpool are not that high.

Better off distributing the funds properly, leaving Lukaku out. Then swap Ronaldo to Lukaku in GW7 or GW8.

To be honest, in the short term run, I can see DCL or Bamford outscoring Lukaku.
You're right. I'm not going to do it.

That said - I can't afford DCL in my wildcard team without sacrificing too many useful players. I might opt for Jiminez.. he's got a good set of fixtures.

Jota-Greenwood-Torres are in my midfield right now but that's screaming rotation risk. I should shaft one of them out and make room for Jiminez or someone of that ilk, but not sure who, what do you reckon?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Will Raphinha get banned (by Brazil)?

Other two both have good fixtures but Everton at home maybe edges it?
It's all up in the air but if he misses Liverpool match, I don't think that's the biggest deal considering his upcoming fixtures.

Leicester have a decent run of fixtures after this weekend - do we think Maddison will step up?
I never thought he's a good fantasy option. He'll score a few goals and probably have a purple patch but there are much better options around his price range.

95% likely to do the Bruno & Ings free double to Gray and Ronaldo today.

Will just give the pressers a cursorary glance first though.
I'm on the exact same move. Sarr is calling me from a distance but I think Gray is the better option as I feel Watford will get a dicking from Wolves.

You're right. I'm not going to do it.

That said - I can't afford DCL in my wildcard team without sacrificing too many useful players. I might opt for Jiminez.. he's got a good set of fixtures.

Jota-Greenwood-Torres are in my midfield right now but that's screaming rotation risk. I should shaft one of them out and make room for Jiminez or someone of that ilk, but not sure who, what do you reckon?
I think these three mids are ok this week but long term, you are right, they will be rotated. Maybe at least change one of them for a more solid option and then ensure you have a playing bench just in case? Although, Jota and Greenwood are the kind of players that will come in off the bench.

You can line up with this team and start transferring them out as they start losing minutes?

JuriM

I have absolute no idea whether I should tinker around today ahead of this gameweek and use up the wild card or leave it just as it is. Points and predicted points wise, I am quite content with my current squad.

thedvil

I have absolute no idea whether I should tinker around today ahead of this gameweek and use up the wild card or leave it just as it is. Points and predicted points wise, I am quite content with my current squad.
What app are you using that gives that expanded information?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's all up in the air but if he misses Liverpool match, I don't think that's the biggest deal considering his upcoming fixtures.

I never thought he's a good fantasy option. He'll score a few goals and probably have a purple patch but there are much better options around his price range.

I'm on the exact same move. Sarr is calling me from a distance but I think Gray is the better option as I feel Watford will get a dicking from Wolves.
I read an analysis that said Gray is actually the Everton player hitting the most advanced positions regularly.
Plus we've had 2 warnings with him scoring already, sometimes how many warnings do we need :)

Deery

Dreary
How bad is Lukaku’s injury, is he likely to play or be off form?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think these three mids are ok this week but long term, you are right, they will be rotated. Maybe at least change one of them for a more solid option and then ensure you have a playing bench just in case? Although, Jota and Greenwood are the kind of players that will come in off the bench.

You can line up with this team and start transferring them out as they start losing minutes?
Agreed.

Let me pick your brain a bit more if that's OK:

Shall I shaft out Greenwood & Shaw and bring in DCL & Marcal?

I feel drity moving out Greenwood but I think DCL is a must have. Same with Shaw but need to free up the extra 1m.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would hold on to Greenwood until he starts getting rotated. Genuinely looks like scoring in every game. Any game that opens up he could hit 2 pretty easily. West Ham should come at us next week too.
Agreed. Greenwood at his price point, and in his form is a keeper for a few more weeks at least.

With Rashford out, then it's only a Martial re-surgence that's going to keep him out for a while. Unless we change system to a front 2 with Cavani and Ronaldo in there.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Did Bruno to Torres last night with the intention to do Ings to Ronaldo today, and have some regrets. Wilson is now confirmed out, so looks as if I do him to Ronaldo as a minimum. I can then wait on

Wildcarding to basically move Tsimikas out to bring Jota in instead of Torres, as well as doing Ings to DCL, doesn’t feel optimal.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Agreed.

Let me pick your brain a bit more if that's OK:

Shall I shaft out Greenwood & Shaw and bring in DCL & Marcal?

I feel drity moving out Greenwood but I think DCL is a must have. Same with Shaw but need to free up the extra 1m.
I wish I had Greenwood but it's too late for me. I think he's a good option against Newcastle, as is Shaw. You'll probably regret dropping them for that game i feel...

Can't you downgrade Torres and make the money up for DCL?

What's your full team at the moment?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yep. Greenwood and Jota both have to stay for me on a wildcard until the rotation kicks in. Probably why I won't go for Torres on top of them as well as that'd be too much of a benching headache and booking in of transfers down the line.

Basically ties up 3 spots in my midfield (Salah, Jota, Greenwood). I'll be playing 3-4-3 so one will be a £4.5m bench warmer.

Attack looks nailed to be Antonio, DCL, Ronaldo.

Trying to work out which defence I like best. With focusing transfers on my midfield and attack I think I prefer the boring Rudiger + Dias season keeper combination over TAA and a £4m.

So basically

£? £4m

Rudiger Dias £? £? £4m

Salah Jota Greenwood £? £4.5m

Antonio DCL Ronaldo

£20.3m for 4 spots - a first team gk, a first team midfielder, 2 defenders who could rotate or another fixed one and a bench warmer.

Might be sensible to play the fixtures with those last few slots so looking at Wolves, Arsenal and Leeds players....
  • Sa, White, Ayling, Saka
  • Sa, Tierney, Livramento, Saka
  • Sa, White, Livramento, Raphinha
  • Sa, Tierney, Ayling, Trincao
.....and so forth

Last edited:

NewYorkRed

Have Lukaku in. But idk why, there’s a voice inside me saying get Auba in for this week. They are desperate for points against norwich this week who play shit defense. Surely this is a bad idea, right? Someone talk me out of it

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wish I had Greenwood but it's too late for me. I think he's a good option against Newcastle, as is Shaw. You'll probably regret dropping them for that game i feel...

Can't you downgrade Torres and make the money up for DCL?

What's your full team at the moment?
Not sure about moving on Torres. I get the feeling Pep likes him a lot because he offers movement in the box that no other player really offers. Perhaps KDB can play false 9 but I am punting Pep wants to keep him centrally and a bit deeper where he's meant to be. Just seeing Torres' natural striker instinct, work ethic and link up play I think Pep appreciates this package. Of course he'll rotate Torres but I think Ole will also rotate Greenwood, especially when Rashford is back/Sancho settles.

Here's how my squad currently is:

I would have 352 in this system but have rotation risk. I suppose Ben White and Livermento are capable subs though, and I get to keep big hitters in Jota/Torres/Greenwood if they were to play. I'll share what I can change it to below - please do feel free to give your views, really curious to hear other opinions.

Here's a change I can make to move to DCL and keep 0.4 in the bank. As you can see, I have to lose Greenwood & Shaw, because I'm only 0.1 short of a 5.5 defender (dough!)

Here's a change of how I can move to Jiminez and have 0.1 in the bank. Here I have Raphina as an upgrade to Gray, and then Reguilon in for Shaw, Marcal in for Coufal).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
This is my wildcard team unless some news about DCL or ronaldo not starting comes out

Yeah, same core attacking 6 as me. Sissoko and Williams will probably be my £4m defender and £4.5m mid as well.

I've been put off by Gray as I'm not sure he can keep it up and if I want off him there's nowhere really else to go at his price. There seems to be loads more options at £6m and just above.

I might take Shaw over Rudiger actually. Our immediate fixtures are much better and obviously he's more of an attacking threat.

RDCR07

This is my wildcard team unless some news about DCL or ronaldo not starting comes out

You’ve used your WC yet haven’t thought beyond two weeks. Jota, Greenwood and Antonio are rotation headaches once European football starts. We don’t know if Gray can consistent over a long period of time. You have no City or Chelsea to cover the fixture swing in week 7. Not to mention the fact that you might need bring in the flavor of the week from time to time. You will have to make way too many changes in a couple of weeks.

ROFLUTION

Yep. Greenwood and Jota both have to stay for me on a wildcard until the rotation kicks in. Probably why I won't go for Torres on top of them as well as that'd be too much of a benching headache and booking in of transfers down the line.

Basically ties up 3 spots in my midfield (Salah, Jota, Greenwood). I'll be playing 3-4-3 so one will be a £4.5m bench warmer.

Attack looks nailed to be Antonio, DCL, Ronaldo.

Trying to work out which defence I like best. With focusing transfers on my midfield and attack I think I prefer the boring Rudiger + Dias season keeper combination over TAA and a £4m.

So basically

£? £4m

Rudiger Dias £? £? £4m

Salah Jota Greenwood £? £4.5m

Antonio DCL Ronaldo

£20.3m for 4 spots - a first team gk, a first team midfielder, 2 defenders who could rotate or another fixed one and a bench warmer.

Might be sensible to play the fixtures with those last few slots so looking at Wolves, Arsenal and Leeds players....
  • Sa, White, Ayling, Saka
  • Sa, Tierney, Livramento, Saka
  • Sa, White, Livramento, Raphinha
  • Sa, Tierney, Ayling, Trincao
.....and so forth
Sound reasoning.

If I was in your position I'd focus on a strong 3-4-3 with good fixtures. and White as backup as he has a good fixturelist.

Sa £4m

Rudiger Dias Williams White Semedo

Salah
Jota Greenwood Raphinha £4.5m

Antonio DCL Ronaldo

Semedo because he stays high up the pitch and could offer in both ends. Think this works out at 20,3 exactly. It's a gamble on Wolves however, but you'll be able to switch from Semedo to Tierney (both at 4,9 easily) or someone lower to free up funds if you want to jump on the Chelsea wave around GW7. I don't see the benefit in Livramento for the next 4 gws.